Yuuji, meeting the feudal lord face-to-face for the first time

"It's, it's time, huh..."

"Mr Yuuji, please calm down. I am with you too"

'Are you alright, Yuuji-nii? Your face is pale, you know?'

"Yuuji-nii, you took time to wear cool clothes, so you have to look dignified!"

Yuuji, dressed in neat clothes, was trembling in nervousness.

They arrived at the city, and on the same day Yuuji and Alice received the clothes that were tailored a year ago.

The next day, Yuuji boarded the horse carriage that Kevin was making use of.

In order to meet the lord of this territory, Yuuji and co headed to the feudal lord's residence.

Riding on the carriage were Yuuji, Alice, Riese, Kotarou and Kevin. As Riese's escort, adventurers guildmaster Salomon was riding with them as well.

Kevin's two exclusive escorts were also riding along with them, as coachman and escort.

Yuuji could not hide his nervousness as he would meet the feudal lord for the first time.

Perhaps substituting as a tranquilizer, Yuuji put Kotarou on his lap and hugged her tightly. Neither acting violently nor running away, Kotarou silently let Yuuji do as he liked. She was a kind woman. She was a dog though.

"Mr Yuuji, it's encouragement in the pioneering and gratitude towards the protection to the elf. You are worrying too much"

"Mr Kevin, even if you say that..."

"Well I do understand your worries, lord Yuuji. Meeting a noble is unthinkable after all. Well, it's experience, experience. And besides, the feudal lord is a good person, you know? He's a little lively though"

Who showed understanding to Yuuji's nervousness was the top of the adventurers guild, Salomon. Having climbed up from a commoner to first rank adventurer, Salomon too had been nervous before hearing that he would be meeting a noble like Yuuji.

That Salomon was continuously following Yuuji and the others as Riese's escort. Salomon had a fierce look where a scar remained from the tip of his mouth to his cheek, but Riese was close to him without being scared of him in particular. There are humans with unusual faces, don't they, she said in words that only Yuuji understood however.

  □ □ ■ ■ □ ■ ■ □ □

Having arrived at the feudal lord's, the group was led to the parlor by guidance of the lady attendant. As usual, Kotarou was staying at the gatekeepers station. Perhaps she had gone around; a great number of beastkin guards moved towards the station. Kotarou was completely treated as an idol. Or she was treated as an idol according to the origin of the word.

The group sat with Yuuji at the center, and waited.

The two exclusive escorts were standing behind Kevin and Salomon behind Riese. It appears that Salomon was sitting in their conversation with the feudal lord with his position as an escort and not as a guildmaster.

"So- soon, isn't it..."

Yuuji looked restless and unsettled. He already had his third cup of tea that he received from the lady attendant, no, genuine maid. By no means did he enjoy the maid cafe mood. It seems he could not help but become thirsty from the nervousness.

It was not just Yuuji who was restless.

Ever since arriving in the city, Riese looked around restlessly with shining eyes. For the elven Riese it was the first human city that she had seen. Everything that she was looking at seemed unusual to her. Even now she moved her line of sight to the clothes that the lady attendant was wearing, the numerous furnishings placed in the parlor and the tea poured in the cup, one after another.