Chapter 7, Idle Talk 2 [7-17] Certain two adventurers, discovering their calling

A.N. 7-17 means this idle talk happens around after Vol 7 Chapter 16

*thud thud* sounds of an axe striking wood resounded.

The animal trail linking Yuuji's settlement and Premie city. It was halfway those trails.

"What could it be, this sound... Aah, I see. Heeey!"

Perhaps they reacted to Yuuji's voice, the sound suddenly stopped.

The season was early summer.

In order to inspect the canned food Kevin had developed and its workshop, Yuuji took Alice and Kotarou and were on their way heading towards the city along with Kevin and his exclusive escort.

"Ah, Mr. Yuuji! And Mr. Kevin too!"

What appeared from the side of the road was the large man who picked a fight with Yuuji in the adventurer's guild.

A two-handed axe was in his hands, but it seems he was just in rough linen clothes and not wearing armor. His hair and beard grew remarkably, but his eyes had become gentler.

"You've come at the right time. I've been wanting to hand over your lunch, so how about we take a rest here?"

With Kevin's voice as such, the group rested their feet.

"No really, I didn't know who you were even if I look at your face. You have changed quite surprisingly."

"Hahaha, this is embarrassing. Cutting my hair and beard takes time if I'm in the forest."

Yuuji and the large man cheerfully had a pleasant chat with each other. It was surprisingly peaceful considering their first meeting.

"No, that's also true, but... Something changed about you rather..."

Perhaps unable to express himself skillfully, Yuuji spoke tardily.

"Mister somehow has a gentle feeling on him now~!" Alice accurately expressed.

*Wan wan* Kotarou barked. I guess, the sharp edge did come off quite a bit, is what she wanted to say.

"Oh is that really so. I'm not conscious about it myself though... But if I cut down the trees this way, I can understand my swing becoming sharper each swing. This swing more than the previous. Next swing more than the swing now. This must be what they call an adventurer's training. Until now training had no meaningto me, I've been thinking about combat first and foremost after all."

The giant talked with a refreshed expression. But that is probably not an adventurer's training. It's the everyday life of a woodcutter.

"Is it something like that?" Yuuji washed it away. Kotarou looked at the two with amazed eyes. What are you saying, retort to it Yuuji, she seemingly wanted to say.

Alice copied the swing by swing the giant was talking about and went "Ei, ei" striking a tree branch on a large tree.

"Recently I've been having a certain feeling of being able to hear the breathing of trees. If I drive the axe into it at the same time then it would *snap* break down, you know. Is this what they call the secret of the axe?"

Looking far away, the big man talked.

But that is probably not the secret of the axe. It's the secrets of a woodcutter. No, this may be the secret of an axe though.

"Hohoh" Yuuji listens in growing interest. There was no helping it. The sound of secret tickles the male instinct.

As if to say "Hey Yuuji, a retort!", Kotarou *tan tan* struck Yuuji's foot.