69: Promises

The Dream House Part Sixty Nine

TW: Mentions of murder, suicidal thoughts.

You guys really thought that was the last chapter wHaT!? I didn't even say 'The End' yet :l
______________________________________

Third POV

"The news about Karl, i-it's... Trending on Twitter..." Quackity said.

"What, how!?" Sapnap asked, confusion overlapping anger.

"Emergency house meeting?" Puffy questioned, facing Dream.

Dream nodded.

"Can you tell the gc, Alex? Add a screenshot it's trending too." Puffy requested calmly.

"Actually, what is everyone going to do anyway?" Dream asked.

"The four of us are already here, just call down Phil, Schlatt and George."

Once they're gathered in the living room, they discuss the situation.

"The news about Karl getting killed by Jimmy got leaked somehow, right after Jimmy got put in the prison." Quackity explained.

"Paparazzi probably saw him and followed." Schlatt guessed.

"Probably, but what do we do? Fans are confused and want answers." Sapnap said.

"So we give it to them. We'll address the rumours and take a break from social media for a few days because we need it." Puffy suggested.

"Sounds good. I mean, at least we don't have to try and tell people that he got murdered now." Dream responded, trying to look at the bright side of things."

"Okay, someone address the thing and we're done here." Phil spoke.

"Who's doing it?" Sapnap asked hesitantly, hinting that he didn't want to do it.

None of the dtq members wanted to do it, it'd hurt too much.

"I think Dream should." Puffy answered.

"Nah, fuck that, I don't want to." Dream's voice shook.

"I could tweet it from your account, if that's better." She stated.

"Yeah, sure."

With that, Puffy typed up a tweet from Dream's phone and tweeted it out after Dream read it and gave his consent to do so.

@Dream
hey everyone, just wanted to address the rumours. as some of you might know, Jimmy, better known as Mr. Beast has been imprisoned today for the many crimes he's committed. the rumours about Karl.. is unfortunately true. he was killed two days ago by Jimmy and his funeral was earlier today. everything planned for the Dream SMP will be on hold as we'll be taking a break from social media for a while. i hope you can all understand. love u all <3

"Thanks." Dream told Puffy, taking back his phone from her hold.

"No problem." She replied.

The day went by and Wilbur decided to have a movie night with the kids. As Ranboo mentioned, he would stay locked in his room for hours and no one would check up on him but he's one of the three kids in the SMP so he's obviously not forgotten. Wilbur told Tommy about this movie night idea before going downstairs and setting up some pillows and blankets in the living room. Tommy spread the word to the Benchtrio GC and followed Wilbur, completely unaware of Sapnap's presence there until he spoke.

"Look who finally got the balls to show up." He scoffed.

Tommy looked at Sapnap as if he was annoyed but only Wilbur could see the hint of fear in his eyes.

"Fuck you." Tommy stated in a normal tone.

"Yeah, couldn't say that before because you were guilty of what you did." Sapnap stuttered slightly.

"Why the hell are you coming at me like I'm the fucking one who killed him?"

Meanwhile, Ranboo's face lit up as he saw a the message Tommy sent in the Benchtrio GC.

TommyInnit
Hey, Will and I are preparing a movie night rn if you guys wanna join :)

He didn't bother sending a reply, just switched off his phone and made my way to the living room. The closer he got, the clearer he heard what was happening. He payed attention to what they were saying.

"-BECAUSE OF YOU!" Sapnap yelled at Tommy.

"NO, YOU'RE ACTING LIKE I KNEW ABOUT THAT SHIT WHEN I DIDN'T. GO FUCKING YELL AT RANBOO BECAUSE HE ACTUALLY KNEW ABOUT IT." Tommy shouted back.

"Tommy..." Wilbur called, noticing Ranboo standing there.

He stood still, but receded to where he came from once Tommy eyes met his.

Sapnap laughed. "See? No one likes you, Tommy."

Tommy's eyes widened.

"No one likes you, Tommy!"

"THAT'S NOT TRUE!"

"WHY DO YOU THINK YOUR PARENTS LEFT YOU?!"

No, this brought back memories Tommy did not want to remember. He got defensive.

"JUST SHUT UP, SAPNAP. WHY ARE YOU STILL ARGUING WITH ME? HE'S DEAD. THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO FIX IT SO FUCKING PISS OFF ALREADY." Tommy yelled, and stormed to Ranboo's direction.

Wilbur chuckled. "Deserved."

"Fuck off." Sapnap replied.

"Ranboo, wait!" Tommy called, catching up to Ranboo.

"What?" He asked, pacing back to his room.

"I'm so sorry, I swear I didn't mean what I said."

"You say you don't mean it yet you bring the topic back up to everyone every time." Ranboo scoffed.

"I know, I was being dumb."

Ranboo entered his room and held the door, facing Tommy, who stood outside.

"Yeah, you were definitely being dumb."

"I won't say that again, I promise."

Ranboo sighed and passed a sympathetic smile. "Don't make promises you can't keep."

Ranboo's POV

I just wanted company, a movie night would've cheered me up a little. Being around other people makes me anxious to the point it takes over any other thoughts. I'd rather be anxious around people I know than to be alone and suicidal, but I don't want to fight the feeling anymore. I don't want to fight in general. What's the point? It doesn't do any good. Am I the problem, in their lives? Are they fighting because of me? I love my friends but... I'm the cause to all this unnecessary arguments. What happened to Karl was not my fault, but I still feel guilty. I feel so bruised emotionally, as if my mental health jumped off a cliff...

...and I wouldn't care if I physically did the same.

______________________________________

[999 words]