60: Tear-stained

The Dream House Part Sixty

TW: Blood, death, gore.
______________________________________

Ranboo's POV

I got out of the bathroom after I changed, instantly entering the laundry room next to it with my dirty laundry. I threw the clothes I held into a basket that was on the floor and left the laundry room. Heaving a sigh, I made my way to my bedroom. I cracked my knuckles, hearing the sound of crepitus from them. I checked my phone that sat on the bedside table, scrolling through notifications.

2 messages from Karl

I tap on the notification, watching Karl's chat show up on my screen.

---------- New messages ----------

Thank you for everything :) I'll probably miss you the most.

My phone will be under my bed.

What?

I turned around and got out of my room. I paced towards Karl's room, my phone in my hand as I reread the text. I passed through the kitchen, getting a clearer view of the rooms. Quackity stood by the door frame of Karl's room, hand covering his mouth. As I got closer to where he was, I noticed his tear-stained face.

"You good?"

He passed me a perplexed yet upset look. Completely baffled, I slightly pushed Quackity to get a look of what he was silently crying at. It was Karl. The sunlight from his opened room window shimmered on Karl's body, that laid limply on the ground. His eyes were shut, face was tilted to the side, as the brown in his hair started to fade and rot into the ground. A puddle of crimson red blood stained the carpeted floor, surrounding and still leaving his rapidly paling body. Before I let a yell leave my mouth, I remember some people might be streaming.

"Uh- Okay, don't panic." I whispered, entering his room.

I decided to notify the rest before things somehow got worse.

The Dream House

Ranboo
Guys
Something happened

Wilbur Soot
Hi Ranboo!

Ranboo
I came to Karl's room
He's bleeding out a lot and unconscious

Wilbur Soot
What!?

Technoblade
If this is a joke then that's fucked up

Ranboo
Why would I joke about this!?
I don't know what happened exactly but Quackity is just standing here crying

Philza
TELL DREAM!
I'M AT THE STORE SO I CAN'T HELP

Ranboo
HE'S STREAMING ISN'T HE!?

Philza
THIS IS IMPORTANT M8 JUST CALL HIM

Doing as I was told, I called Dream quickly. I have no idea what I'm doing. What the fuck even happened?

"Hello?" Dream's voice answered.

"Dream, I know you're streaming but this is important. Make sure your chat can't hear me." I told, not elaborating in case his chat can hear.

"Shit, okay, hold on." Dream said, pausing to mute his mic.

"I've muted so chat can't hear. What's up?"

"It's Karl. I don't exactly know how this happened but you need to come downstairs right now."

"What? What are you talking about? I- Is he okay?"

"He's bleeding out and unconscious and I don't know what to do."

"What!? Ranboo, if you're joking right now, I swear to-"

"WHY DO YOU- I'M NOT JOKING. There's no time to argue about this!"

"Okay, I'm ending stream. Check for his pulse and I'll be down in a minute."

"Alright." I uttered before hanging up.

I felt my heart beat faster, as if a butterfly fluttering it's wings when I got closer to Karl's body. I crouched down to his level, pressing two of my fingers against Karl's neck, just under his jaw. I'd normally try to be optimistic about things but when I didn't feel anything pulsate under my fingertips, I froze. I turned back to face Quackity, seeing him even now standing still at the same point. Techno and Wilbur ran towards us, gasping at what they saw.

"NO!" Technoblade yelled, as both their eyes widened in fear and shock.

I tried to get Quackity to talk, to know what he knew and saw but he seemed so lost that he wouldn't answer.

"Jimmy." He mumbled at one point.

"Did Jimmy do this?" Wilbur asked, I could tell he was trying his hardest to keep calm as none of us were.

I felt my heart sink into my chest.

"All I can say is that it results in you guys not being dead."

______________________________________

[710 words]

I have so many ideas yet none at the same time