48: The Boy Who Died

The Dream House Part Forty Eight
______________________________________

Third POV

As Tubbo's phone started ringing, Ranboo let out a sigh and looked out the window. He accepted the fact that one of his closest friend was dead. He wanted to cry his heart out but he knew Tubbo was hurting badly from it and wanted to toughen up to make Tubbo feel better somehow.

Puffy was curious as to who was calling Tubbo, she thought it was Phil. Tubbo looked at his phone screen and gulped.

Tommy <3

Decline | Accept

Without thinking twice, Tubbo quickly picked up the call.

"Hey, Tubbo."

"Tommy?!" Tubbo uttered shakily, Tommy noticed it and got a bit worried.

Ranboo was shocked, he turned to Tubbo instantly after he heard him say Tommy's name. Puffy was confused as well.

"Y-yeah. I just wanted to apologize for earlier... What I said-"

"No, nevermind that! Wait, how are you alive!?"

"What do you mean?"

"I was just staring at your corpse, you're dead!"

"Corpse Husband is dead?" Tommy joked, laughingly.

"I'm not joking, Tom! Are you- is this actually you?"

"Of course it is, are you doing okay? Did you hit your head or something?" Tommy asked, concerned due to what Tubbo was saying.

"I'm fine, but are you alright though?"

"Put it on speaker, Tubbo." Puffy requested quietly.

"Why wouldn't I be alright?" Tommy asked Tubbo, his voice was heard by others since it was now on speaker.

"Tommy!?" Ranboo called, surprised that it was actually his voice.

"Yeah? Hello?"

"Tommy, where are you?" Puffy questioned.

"At Sam's place, it's a long story. I told him not to tell you guys I was here."

"Leave that in the past. Sapnap sent our location in the group a while ago, can you get here?" Puffy asked.

"Oh. Okay, yeah I'll find a way."

"Ask Sam or something but just get here."

"Alright, be there in a bit." Tommy ended the call.

Tubbo was utterly confused, he didn't believe Tommy was dead before but when he started to, this happened. He didn't know what to believe anymore.

Puffy quickly left the younger ones in the car to tell Sapnap and Quackity that Tommy had just called them. She realised they were talking to the officer but she knew that they had to know about it.

"Tommy just called. He said he's at Sam's." Puffy announced, the others turning to her.

"W-what? Then... What?" Sapnap stuttered, a million questions running through his head.

"I know but that was him and he called Tubbo." Puffy told them.

"Okay, we have to go to the station but if that's not Tommy..." Quackity said, looking over at Sapnap.

"Then who is it...?" Sapnap finished his sentence.

"I have no idea.. A cosplayer, maybe?"

"Hell nah. That is Tommy and even Tubbo knew it. That's how you know it's real." Sapnap mentioned.

"Well if he is alive, then we need him to come to the station." Raina told them.

"I'll call Phil and see if he knew anything about this but for now I think I'll pick Tommy from Sam's and go over there... So you guys can go home." Puffy directed.

"I mean we can but are you sure?" Quackity double checked.

"Yeah, I got it. I'll bring Tubbo and Ranboo with me but send the location of the station in the group for me please. Hope Phil sees it." Puffy said, walking out.

Tubbo's POV

Puffy told Ranboo and I that we were going to solve this today at the police station. She then called Tommy to ask where he was at. Tommy said he was already on his way there, Puffy told him to meet them at the police station.

After that, she called Phil, who was now caught up with this situation. He told Puffy he's reaching the station.

Once we got there, Tommy was sitting by the sidewalk outside. I was relieved to know Tommy was alive that it only occurred to me now... If this is Tommy then who was the boy who died?
______________________________________

[670 words]