37: Emotional And Vulnerable

The Dream House Part Thirty Seven

TW: Mentions of sexual violence/rape
______________________________________

Dream's POV

It was now almost five in the evening. I came into Wilbur's room to see him sitting on his bed facing Niki, who was on the floor. They both looked at me upon my entry. I eyed Wilbur for a second, then switched my gaze to Niki. She was hugging her legs up to her chest protectively.

What I wanted to know is when this happened. Maybe that bastard just came up to her yesterday or had his eyes on her for a while. I don't know what happened yet but either way, that's fucked up and no one deserves to be a victim of sexual assault especially Niki.

I remembered that Wilbur informed me not to make sudden movements, touch her or do anything to scare her. I closed the door behind me and sat next to Wilbur on the bed.

She stayed quiet, looking at me and Wilbur.

"Niki, can I ask... How did this happen? Like from the beginning of all this."

"Sunday... I noticed two guys staring at us when I went to the mall with Minx. I thought maybe it was nothing but I saw them wherever I went after that.." She mumbled.

"Three days- why didn't you tell us before?" I questioned.

"I tried telling Phil but you all were busy with Tommy and Tubbo anyway..." She answered.

"You should've at least texted the group." I said.

"I'm sorry." She whispered.

"No, no. We're sorry, Niki. We should've payed more attention." I spoke, clenching my fists as I looked at them.

"She doesn't want to tell anyone about this." Wilbur spoke softly.

"I understand why you don't want to but we should."

"So what do we do?" Wilbur asked as he shifted to face me.

"Wherever she goes, someone follows her. Either, you, Jack, Fundy, the one she's comfortable with. But if anyone tells me those guys were following you again, I'm going to-" I explained, getting cut off by Niki.

"Okay. I understand." She nodded, pushing a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"Good. Wilbur, since when was she here?"

"Six am... she's been sitting at that same spot since six am." Wilbur replied.

"Niki, maybe you should take a shower. It'll make you feel a little better, I'm sure. Come downstairs when you feel like it."

She nodded as I slowly walked out the room.

Niki's POV

Dream left and I looked back at Wilbur. I didn't know if it was just me but Dream acted a little... different.

"You should take a shower, Niki." Wilbur said in agreement with Dream.

I felt disgusted and I wanted to but my clothes and things were in my room.... downstairs.

"I don't want to go downstairs but my clothes and towel are there."

"I can get them for you, and you can shower in the bathroom next to this room. Is that okay?"

I nodded. I'm so lucky to have friends like this. They are so kind.

Once Wilbur got my clothes and my towel, I got in the warm shower. I didn't like how I felt. I kept getting visions and voices of... what happened and I started crying. I hated myself for being emotional and vulnerable to let that happen. I should've told Minx when I was with her but I was stupid. I tried so hard to forget but my memory of it was somewhat vivid. It felt like I was dreaming.

"Niki, are you okay?" Wilbur checked up on me from outside the bathroom door.

I focused back to reality, I was sitting on the bathroom floor as water from the shower drenched my hair and body.

"It's been an hour since you went in there..." He added.

An hour!?

I twisted the knob to stop the water from running, it was now silent.

"I'm okay." My voice echoed in the bathroom.

I shouldn't hate myself for letting it happen. It wasn't my fault. I should leave that in the past and focus on the present.

I felt as the water trickled down me to the floor, I grab my towel from the counter. After I wore my clothes, I sighed in relief, opening the bathroom door. I felt a lot better, I didn't feel that ashamed and disgusted of myself anymore.

I turned to my left and saw Wilbur sitting cross-legged next to the bathroom door, his back leaned against the wall.

"Wil?" I called, closing the bathroom door.

After I was met with silence, I continued.

"What are you doing out here?" I asked, my back slid down the wall as I sat beside him.

"I heard you crying and I felt bad." Wilbur uttered, slightly tilting his head right toward me.

"I'm fine. I feel better now." I responded.

"You do?"

"Yeah." I smiled, making him smile.

"There's that smile! I missed it."

I chuckled, turning and putting my arm around his shoulder as I go in for a hug. He didn't want to make me uncomfortable, so he hugged me back lightly.

"Thank you, Wilbur."
______________________________________

[886 words]