66: House Meeting

The Dream House Part Sixty Six

TW: Panic attacks, suicidal thoughts, mentions of murder.
______________________________________

Ranboo's POV

"Can you hear me?" Tubbo asked, failing his attempt to open the locked door.

I don't want to breathe anymore? My own words scare me. It's true anyway.

"Ranboo..." He murmured, I could feel the pressure on the door I leaned on as if someone was leaning on it the opposite side.

"I'm sorry Tommy said all those things. He says things without thinking sometimes but he doesn't mean it." He added.

I'm confused how just hearing one's voice can calm someone, because Tubbo's voice is honestly very calming to hear.

"Don't let whatever he said get to you, okay?"

I let out a choked sob. Everything he said already got to me. I'm not even mad at him, I'm mad at myself. I could've checked on Karl when I woke up but I didn't. Anyone could've checked on him, but they didn't, and I'll still take the blame.

"Can I come in?" He asked gently, tapping the door with his fingers.

"No." I cried, disgusted at how shaky the tone of my voice was.

"Well, I'm staying here until you let me."

Minutes later, I started to calm down even though a huge part of me believed that this was just the beginning and what I felt was not going to get better. I opened the door, seeing that Tubbo was in fact leaning on the other side of it. He got up and gave me a hug before I could wipe any tears on my face. I didn't say much at first and he didn't force me to either, he just stayed there with me for hours.

Third POV

Because Karl's body was found not so long after he was murdered, it took three hours for the forensic cleaners to clean the murder scene fully and thoroughly.

While everyone was grieving their friend's loss in their living room and didn't want to speak, Hannah knew no one ate lunch and it was now half past 5pm. She told Puffy about it and they both thought it was a good idea to get food. Puffy sent a message to the group house Discord before leaving.

Captain Puffy
The house has been cleaned and everyone is gone so you are all safe to come back.

Technoblade
Noted

Dream
I know most of us don't feel like talking right now but there's a lot that needs to be said so we'll have a house meeting once everyone's home.

Technoblade conveyed the messages to Wilbur, telling him that they should return to their house. Wilbur disagrees, he thinks Tommy should apologize to Ranboo first or else they might argue again in the car.

"Good point. You should tell him to apologize now so we can leave earlier."

With that, Wilbur walks through the hallway that lead to two rooms.

"Tommy?" He called, glancing in the interior of his old room.

"In the other room." Tommy muttered, before Wilbur walked to the next room.

Tommy was sat on the bed, looking at items he found in the bedside drawer.

"Will, whose room is this?" He asked ever so softly, scrutinizing a silver necklace with the pendant 'L'.

Eyeing the necklace, Wilbur remembered vividly the last time he saw it.

"Happy birthday, loser." Wilbur said, giving his younger stepsister Lily a rectangular black jewelry case.

"Aw, you got me a necklace!?" She enthused.

"Yeah, L for loser." Wilbur joked.

"L for Lily, dumbass." She scolded playfully.

"You got me one last month that has a W and now you have one with an L to be constantly reminded that you're a loser unlike me." Wilbur stated laughingly.

"I thought we don't take L's in this family?" Lily questioned.

"...Lily is an exception."

Wilbur walked closer, gently taking the necklace from Tommy's hold with a soft smile.

"My stepsister's old room. I didn't know she kept things here before she left."

"Oh." Tommy enthralled, watching Wilbur put back the necklace in the bedside drawer.

"Can you apologize to Ranboo?" Wilbur changed the subject.

"Will-"

"No, seriously. I'm sorry for what I said, first of all. It was rude."

"Fuck yeah, it was."

"You were also in the wrong. I'm not trying to argue with you but you didn't understand the situation Ranboo was in and you accused him of 'not doing shit'. Once you just say sorry to him, we're leaving to go home. Dream wants to have a meeting or something."

"I'm not good at apologizing, Wilbur. What do I even say to him?"

"Say you're sorry, you understand that you took things to far and that you were being immature."

"Immature!?"

"Just say it."

"Okay, fine. Where is he?"

"The first room upstairs, I'm pretty sure."

"Alright, I'll go now. It won't take long so I'll tell them we're leaving too."

"Okay. I'll ask Techno to start the car."

Tommy made his way up the stairs.

"'I'll probably miss you the most?' Like, I feel so bad." Ranboo spoke, sympathy in his tone.

Not wanting to eavesdrop, Tommy interrupts their conversation.

"Hey, um.. We're leaving."

Not wanting to face Ranboo, Tommy looks at Tubbo. Tubbo stares back at Tommy, prompting him to apologize to Ranboo.

"Alright, I'm sorry Ranboo. I was in the wrong, I uh- Took things too far and I was being immature."

Thinking Ranboo was going to argue, Tommy tries to control his anger, only to find he didn't have to.

"Thanks but it's alright. You were kind of right anyway."

"Awh, no, I didn't mean-"

"Seriously, Tommy, I'm not mad or anything. Don't worry about it. We're leaving, right?"

"Yeah..."

______________________________________

[900 words]

thanks for 70k reads! i sincerely apologize for not updating last week, schoolwork has been fucking stressful.