23: Injected

The Dream House Part Twenty Three

TW: Slight Panic attack

In this chapter, Tommy's school friend Eryn makes an appearance.
______________________________________

Tommy's POV

I walked to school nervously behind Tubbo.

"Tommy, why are you hiding behind me?" Tubbo asked.

"I'm not." I lied.

"Don't you have your friends to get to?"

"Our lockers are next to next."

"That's true. Don't be scared, Tommy. I doubt anything bad can happen."

"That doesn't make me feel better." I mumbled, opening my locker.

"TOMMY?!!" A familiar voice called.

I look behind and I see Eryn.

"ERYN!!!" I cheered excitedly.

"I didn't see you for so long!" He claimed, bringing me into a hug.

"Same! I missed you, buddy!" I hug back.

"Bye, Tommy." Tubbo whispered, waving to me.

I waved back and happily continue speaking to Eryn.

Everything was fine. It was better than I expected. There was a time in class when he asked me why I didn't come to school for the first two weeks but I ignored the question and he respected it, knowing I didn't want to reply.

Eryn's POV

It was lunch time now, Tommy and I walked to the cafeteria where he looked even more stressed than he already was. I took my food and walked to where Tommy sat. He was looking at Tubbo and his friends. His face was sweaty, he nervously rubbed his wrists without rolling up his long sleeves. He looked around as if trying to distract himself from something.

Suddenly while he was just looking at Tubbo he started breathing heavily. He turned back to me and stared me in the eyes, afraid. I assumed he was having a panic attack so I instantly dropped my fork from eating and held his hands. I tried to calm him by talking about topics to calm him but I didn't know what to do...

Then Tubbo ran over to him and told him to follow his breathing techniques, which he followed and calmed down.

"Tom, are you okay? Do you wanna go home?" Tubbo spoke.

"I'm fine, I can stay."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah I'm okay."

"Alright... If there's anything call me or better just ring up Phil." Tubbo said, walking back to his friends.

"You know you can tell me anything right?" I tell him softly.

"Yeah, I know. I just feel anxious or like panicky and I have no idea why." Tommy replied.

"I mean after the holiday you took two weeks off, it's been a long time since you were last at school so its understandable why you're nervous."

"Mhm." He nodded, looking back at Tubbo.

Tommy's POV

The school bell rang and school was finally finished but I just had a bad feeling about something.

"Hi, Tommy! How was your day?" Tubbo questioned, walking away from his friends.

"It was better than I expected." I said, my voice slightly quivering.

"Are you alright? Did you get another panic attack after lunch?" He made sure.

"No I didn't, I just feel really anxious for some reason." I complained.

"I'm not trying to stress you but you're about to feel more anxious once we see that one guy around the corner."

"Oh god."

At this point we were not that far from school but far enough that no one coming out from school could see us.

"Tubbo, why are we using this way? If we go the other side we wouldn't have to past him, you know that right?"

"Phil said it's easier for him to park there so he wouldn't have to have trouble going to the highway cuz traffic."

"I thought he would worry for our safety."

"I didn't tell him."

"What, why didn't you?"

"You didn't believe me, what makes you think Phil would? I told Dream anyway, it's fine."

"Shit." Tubbo mumbled under his breath.

"What's wrong?" I asked, turning to him noticing him focus on his feet.

"That guy I was talking about is looking at us."

"What the fuck? He's just staring us dead in our eyes."

"Is he still looking?" Tubbo asked, head still slightly tucked down.

"Yeah.... He's still looking." I answered, turning behind to see if there was anyone.

"Tubbo this is creepy. Are you sure he's not gonna do anything?" I added.

"I'm not sure... There's no one here and it's- yeah this is sketchy."

"More like sus."

Third POV

"This is not the time for jokes, Tommy." Tubbo responded sternly.

Tubbo was very scared but he was trying to keep calm.

"I was just trying to brighten the mood..." Tommy mumbled, face now sulking.

"Wait, did you hear that?" Tubbo whispered, eyeing the bushes.

Tommy didn't hear a thing but suspected there was someone there by the way Tubbo looked.

"Tommy we need to get out of here quick." Tubbo said softly but in a rush.

Suddenly, a man injected Tommy from behind with a filled syringe, needle going through Tommy's neck. Tommy's eye widened, he stood still in agony and shock. He fell to the ground unconscious as Tubbo turned back.

"TOMMY!!"
______________________________________

[845 words]