53: Dear Brother

The Dream House Part Fifty Three
______________________________________

Third POV

It's a Sunday afternoon, everyone in the house received a text from Dream in their Discord group chat.

Dream
Everyone, my sister is coming over at around five pm. I apologize for such short notice, i understand if you want her not to come. If so, I'll tell her it's cancelled.

Philza
It's alright m8 you don't have to cancel.

TommyInnit
DRISTA'S COMING!? NO WAY!!

Eret
Can't wait to meet her :)

Wilbur Soot
We're all free today so it's fine if she comes.

Dream
Okay then. She'll be in my room though. We might be streaming with Sapnap.

Wilbur's POV

I know I upset Tommy yesterday and made him storm out. I was caught up with what happened and I'm glad he's okay. I went to his room and sat beside him on his bed. I know he was mad at me but he didn't show it. He was too focused on that old book he was reading.

"Tommy." I called, turning to him.

"Hm." He mumbled, clearly not paying attention.

"I want to talk to you."

"Yeah?" He questioned, still reading the book.

I wonder what's so important about that book. I never even seen him read one before this.

"Can you listen to me?" I asked politely.

He sighed and slammed his book close.

"Yes, Wilbur. I'm listening." He told calmly.

I've never seen him like this. Like he was mad but trying so hard to hide it.

"Okay. I know you're mad, I just want to apologize for yesterday..." I spoke.

"It's fine, Will."

"No it's not-"

"It is, leave it."

"Just listen. Don't cut me off."

"I'm listening." He said sternly, looking down at his wrists.

"Well, I'm sorry for what I said. I had other things in my mind and I didn't mean it."

"It's okay... Thanks for apologizing." He replied, going back to his book.

Dream's POV

While cleaning my desk in my room, I heard a knock on my door as I saw it open at the corner of my eye.

"Yeah?" I respond to whoever was there.

"Dream, I'm gonna have to cancel the stream with you and Drista." A familiar voice stated.

"Oh, why?" I asked, turning to face Sapnap, who stood by the doorframe.

"Karl is acting off, Quackity and I decided to take him out somewhere, maybe to eat."

"Oh, okay."

"I'm sorry."

"No, it's alright. If you guys need anything, just give me a call."

"'Kay, thanks." Sapnap said, walking out.

Third POV

Most of them were downstairs in the evening, excitedly waiting for a visit from Dream's sister, or Drista as they liked to call her.

"Karl, are you alright?" Ranboo questioned.

"Of course, why wouldn't I be?" He answered, watching as Sapnap walked towards his direction.

"I'm gonna double check everyone's dinner order and then we'll go, okay?" Sapnap told Karl.

"Okay." Karl replied softly.

As the doorbell rang, Dream assumed it was his sister.

"I'll get it!" He announced, running towards the door.

"Hi!" Drista greeted excitedly as the door opened.

"You look bad." Dream uttered partially jokingly.

"Oh well thanks for letting me into your home, dear brother, it's nice to see you as well." Drista said sarcastically, walking through the front door as Dream held it open.

"No, I meant that you looked kind of pale." Dream explained, closing the door.

"Oh."

"Did you eat today?"

"Not yet."

"It's almost six pm, why didn't you?"

"Well I woke up around lunchtime and Mom and Dad went to eat without me." Drista elucidated.

"They didn't buy you anything?" Dream asked.

"Nope." She sighed.

"And you didn't ask them to?"

"No... It's fine, I wasn't even that hungry anyway."

"You still should've eaten. Sapnap?" Dream called.

"Yeah?" Sapnap answered from afar.

"Did you place the order yet?"

"Not yet, why?"

"Can you order something for my sister?"

"Sure."

Wilbur's POV

It's been almost around an hour since Drista's appearance in the house. I was watching Dream's stream for a while, he let his sister play on the SMP with Tommy. Once Tommy left the stream I decided to go downstairs and see what he was up to.

He was reading another book on the living room couch, I sat next to him and went on my phone.

"Wilbur." Tommy groaned, dragging the u in 'Wilbur'.

"Yeah?" I questioned.

"When's the food coming? I'm hungry." Tommy asked with an exaggerated sad face.

"I'll ask Sapnap." I told, a slight chuckle leaving my mouth.

"Okay." Tommy said, after a slight pause we heard Dream yelling upstairs.

His room is the first one from the stairs so I understand how we can hear it but I don't get why he was yelling. His sister is with him... Isn't she?

"FUCK OFF!" Dream's yell was heard in the distance.

"What the hell's happening up there?" I thought to myself, Tommy looked as if he was wondering the same.

"STOP-" I heard Dream shout and go quiet almost instantly.

"Is he fucking yelling at Drista?" Tommy asked, the feeling of worry overlapping his tone of voice.
______________________________________

[850 words]