36: Traumatized

The Dream House Part Thirty Six

TW: Mentions of sexual violence/rape.
______________________________________

Fundy's POV

Our UNO game was interrupted, unlike yesterday because Wilbur didn't have his phone. Apparently it was Niki that called. As far as I know, no one has heard from her since yesterday.

It was my turn for the game, I put down a 9 green card over the red, I don't think Wilbur has green cards.

"What is it?" He asked on the phone, dropping his cards and revealing it.

I KNEW HE DIDN'T HAVE GREEN!

"W-what!? WHO!? Was it those two walking behind you this morning?" Wilbur shouted, getting up on his knees.

Everyone looked at Wilbur, concerned.

"Did you- Are you still in my room?"

What? Wait that's Niki he's talking to, right?

"I'll be there in one second." He whispered into the phone, ending the call and sprinting upstairs.

"Wait did he just- was that Niki that called him? Or is another girl in his room?" Hannah asked softly, looking at me and Jack.

"It's Niki, she just came back this morning. Something happened to her and Wilbur told me she was acting different." Jack replied.

"What? Should we check on her?" I questioned.

"No, Wilbur told me she was flinching at every little thing, I don't think she wants a lot of people around her right now."

I totally understand that. Niki and Wilbur are so close, then again he really knows how to deal with everyone's problems.

Wilbur's POV

Niki told me what happened, she needed to get it off her chest. It was hard for her to tell me, but she managed to. She told me she got raped. This explained everything. The way she flinched every time I touched her, the way she looked, the reason her eyes would widen or tear up every time I brought up the night before.

She said she was still in my room. I instantly rushed up the stairs, I couldn't bear hearing her cries. I opened the door and closed it behind me, bending down to Niki's level. She looked at me while sobbing her heart out. She was more focused than before, less traumatized. I was about to hug her, but I wanted to make sure she was okay with it.

"Can I hug you?"

She was hesitant but nodded yes, I gave her a light hug. I felt so bad for her. She didn't deserve that, no one does. She felt uncomfortable with me hugging her, pulling away after.

"It's okay, Niki. You're safe."

"I don't feel safe." She uttered shakily.

"We have to tell someone. Authorities that can take care of this."

"What, no... Please."

"Then maybe our friends. Everyone that lives here."

"Wilbur..."

"We have to at least tell them."

When she agreed, I was now debating whether it was the right move.

I opened the group gc, seeing other messages that I ignored and started typing, hesitating to tell them now.

Wilbur Soot
Guys
Friends
Precious people
Fellow roommates
Beautiful humans of the Earth

Jschlatt
Jesus Christ Wilbur what is it?

Wilbur Soot
It's about Niki.

Jschlatt
Where is she?

Fundy
WITH WILBUR.

Jack Manifold
Fundy hush

Wilbur Soot
Yes, she's in my room
Guys it's important.

ConnorEatsPants
What happened?

Jschlatt
GET IT OVER WITH.

Wilbur Soot
She got...
Raped.

Hannahxxrose
What!?

Jschlatt
Who tf did that to her?
Give me a name, number, address, describe this person.

Jack Manifold
I didn't know about that holy shit

Wilbur Soot
According to Niki: Adult white male in his 30's, dickhead, greyish silver hair, asshole, green eyes, a brainless idiot, scar on his face, fucking inconsistent piece of shit, and last seen with another person following Niki up our street wearing a black hoodie.
She didn't call him those names, I did.

Jschlatt
I am finding this dude

Jack Manifold
I want him dead, Schlatt.

Hannahxxrose
Guys, calm down.

Dream
I just got off filming but
IS NIKI OKAY?

Wilbur Soot
I wouldn't say that she's okay.

Dream
Can I speak to her?
Has she eaten??

Wilbur Soot
You can speak to her, but don't make sudden movements or touch her. She's still a little traumatized.
And yeah, she ate.

Dream
Okay.
I'll come by your room later and check on her.
______________________________________

[720 words]