♕♚An Assassin's Faith♔♛

By Lucid_fantasies_

"Life is a game of chess. You are the player and everything you could make use of is in your hands. Kill, man... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
♕♚ E⃟p⃟i⃟l⃟o⃟g⃟u⃟e⃟ ♔♛
*20 A.F Facts*
•Special Chapter: Lait's Birthday•
•Special Chapter: Maria's Birthday•
•Special Chapter: Yinyu's Birthday•

Chapter 58

5 2 0
By Lucid_fantasies_

Maria was quite annoyed. Previously in the meeting, Akamai riled up everyone on about this "final mission" but it didn't explain why Maria, Billie and Gary were in a coffee place upstairs doing nothing. Unlike Alfred, Britannia and Lydie who were downstairs communicating with others and being useful, Maria wasn't being useful for anything at all.

"Like what are we supposed to do?! Do we really just gotta stay behind like this?!" Billie fumed. Maria Reginheraht watched the copper haired debater face-plant into the desk, bored. "Be quiet. We can't fight. We'd just be holding everyone back so it's best to leave it to the professionals," Gary snapped as he looked up from his book, "we just have to accept that." "Then why did Justus, Sabrina, Luke and Sherry go? It's not fair!" Billie wailed.

"Justus and Sabrina are Justice. Having them to assist others is useful. Luke is a capable police officer and you shouldn't underestimate him. He's the Quintessential Policeman for a reason," Gary said as he flipped another page to his book, "Sherry is a coroner. Having her around would be useful...." "What for? It's not like she's going to inspect any corpses. She can't kill and isn't capable of fending herself!" Billie argued. Knowing Billie was right, Gary in return sighed. "There must be a reason for Akamai to bring Sherry along. No need to worry because Luke will take care of her." He mumbled.

"Hey boys wanna go help kick asses?" Maria grinned. Billie tilted his head. "What do you mean by that?" He echoed. Gary thought for a moment before his face darkened. "Maria, no." The detective growled. "But hear me out Gary; you and I both saw David, Yinboy and Rien getting kidnapped with our own two eyes yet we did nothing," Maria reasoned, "we are a part of the Enquiry Agents squad. Instead of taking responsibility for this kidnapping case and rescue them ourselves, we're getting Akamai and others to do this for us. We are burdening them!" "What are you implying?" Gary asked.

Justus and Sabrina were good people. But they manipulated Maria into nearly killing Gaela. After what Maria had seen from Kami and her documents, it was Justus who pushed her over the edge and made her lose her sanity. Maria Reginheraht wasn't a normal person. There's a reason why she was chosen as a Quintessential; she have exceptional observation skills. Maria picked up the ways the Solicitor and the Actor used to convince Maria to do their bidding; that includes their good use of gaslighting.

"Gary... We should've rescue them ourselves. If we just talked things through and worked together, just you and me, like you previously suggested, then things would've been okay...." Maria started. Gary closed his book. He looked up at Maria, his pinkish red eyes narrowing in suspicion. Despite the millions of thoughts running inside Maria's mind, it suddenly went blank. Maria suddenly found herself shaking the slightest, smiling yet grimacing at her own guilt tripping words.

"Lait wouldn't reveal herself to be the Angel's Executioner if it wasn't for us..... A-And Justus and Sabrina too. What do you expect to happen after this mission? Lait will probably be put to death on the electric chair! Justus and Sabrina will be behind bars or share a similar Fate! And Kami... She would die too if people know she is TRAXX. This is the consequences of our feeble actions; yours and mine. No — I tried to go after them but you stopped me! If only you'd just let go of my hands and chase after them together, things would've been different..." Gary hesitated as Billie looked at him in worry. "Y-You didn't go after them despite seeing the kidnapping right in front of your eyes..?" Billie asked in shock, trailing off. Gary stayed silent.

"Look at what's going on now; Akamai Shi, the Quintessential Bachelor, associating herself with the Rí an Ghealach, Justice, TRAXX, Angel's Executioner, Ved'ma, Kuumato, Cillian Häyhä and so much more people! What do you think will happen afterwards?! Our school will be in shambles and Akamai will be thrown behind bars! Quintessentials will be disbanded and the world will be in a state of unrest and scepticism. Every single Quintessential along with Akamai put so much effort into a public facade, a character for everyone to love and support. It'll crumble to dust... I-It already did because of my sinful actions for nearly killing Gaela but....... You see where I'm coming from right? You and I are imperfect, broken and flawed. But together, we can heal each other along with this mess we created. We need to redeem ourselves. We need to get in there, get evidence of us being the good guys and give assistance to everyone."

A moment of silence fell between the former investigator and the talented detective. Billie looked at the two enquiry agents in worry. Despite feeling like an absolute jerk and how wrong gaslighting and manipulating is, Maria hoped her persuasion worked. Thankfully, it seemed to do the trick.

"Billie, I'm going to go outside with Maria and into the school grounds. Will you keep this talk a secret?" Gary suddenly asked his younger brother. The albino detective gave the copper haired brunette an indescribable look. "No way. You two aren't going outside," Billie said sternly. Maria frowned in response. The young debater's expression changed to that of a smug look. "Without me," Billie finished off. Maria turned that frown upside down. "Billie you can't be a child now. It'll be too dangerous to go outside. We can get severely injured or even killed," Gary reasoned, "it'll be best for you to stay here and—"

"No I'm coming with you Gary! If they found out I didn't stop you two from going outside, Erwin will kill me," Billie cried out, "also I'm curious about this mission; I want to soak in as much knowledge and experience as possible. This is like a golden ticket to a free trial of being an assassin! Most importantly, I want to stay with you Gary.... You may not see me and others as your brothers.... But I do; you are a great brother! If I am ever in danger, I know you will rescue me just like Justus and Erwin! Why you may ask? It's because I have faith in you!" Billie cheered. "Y'know... You shouldn't rely on your brothers too much Billie," Gary commented, "we're not going to be around forever." "That may be true but it's fun. Being the youngest means I get spoiled the most and I might as well make the most of it!" Billie beamed.

Maria's heart was put as ease as soon as she saw a smile forming on Gary's face. How long has it been since Maria last saw Gary smiling..? "Let's waste no time at all and try to get this done and over with. Let's come up with a plan. I'm sure it'll be a piece of cake for a detective, debater and an investigator right?" Gary asked.

Both Billie and Maria looked into each other's brown eyes and the two brunettes beamed at Gary, eyes sparkling like stars. "Of course!" They chorused happily.

***

"This is Squadron Delta sending a message to Squadron Alpha and Charlie. Squadron Bravo needs urgent assistance. They are facing Cillian Häyhä whilst protective hostages. Out."

Lydie's voice echoed from the little receiver in Rin's ear. The words were loud and clear; go meet Squadron Bravo to help them. Rin, Brian and Gaela all paused and looked at each other, concluding their search for Bing Dal. They need to head to Squadron Bravo and help them. This was covered in the plan already; Sakura, Fuze, Luke and Sherry would continue to hunt for Bing Dal whilst Rin, Gaela and Brian have to give support to other squadron if they need assistance. Bing Dal wasn't much of a threat. He didn't seem to be able to fend for himself but he may have bodyguards but it wouldn't be a problem for Fuze Nethercott, Sakura Nohana and hopefully the two Quintessentials.

"Let's go quickly you two," Rin said to the two impassive assassins, "it's our time to shine! The OG squadron." With that, Rin's quick witted mind began working, conjuring a birds eye view of the school in her head. Squadron Bravo got the hostages. They were on the phase of escaping now... That meant they must be in the language hallways. With that information in mind, Rin began running, making her way towards the dorms to reach the Occupational Rooms of Quintessentials. Those rooms were basically places for Quints to hone whatever they're good at. Gaela and Brian both followed along the blue haired girl silently, scanning around for any people.

To be honest, this would probably be the last mission Rin will go on with Brian and Gaela; with the Rí an Ghealach. After this fateful day, the Kings of the Moon will definitely disperse. Gaela, Brian, Adrienne, Folisha and Threatening... They'd probably all yearn for an ordinary life; unlike Rin who would tread on this blood soaked path forever. It was Rin's decision to stand here; it's more exhilarating and entertaining than your typical dull boring life.

After this mission, Rin hope to keep in touch with everyone else. Maybe they can all catch up someday..! And Rin can meet the children of Gaela, Brian, Adrienne, Threatening and Folisha. Rin would definitely want to be their godparent. A boring but safe life awaits Rin's friends and an exciting but dangerous life awaits Rin still!

But Rin may not make it out alive. Nobody was safe. They were up against Cillian, Veikko, Ved'ma, Bing Dal, Mr. Yue and their massive sums of money, people and weapons. "This way; we're nearly there," Rin urged as she ran faster. Her heart was thumping loudly against her ribcage, screaming in complaint but Rin didn't care. She need to arrive and give aid as quickly as possible. Lives may be lost.

An explosion ran out somewhere downstairs, overwhelming Rin, Gaela and Brian with its aftershock. "You two good?" Rin quickly asked. "Yeah. Just a bit taken aback," Brian answered. "That's Threatening's deed right?" Gaela asked. "Yeah it is. Probably burning corpses to cinders or killing a group of people who are gathered together something," Rin said dismissively, "don't worry. He won't die."

Just as Rin turned to the corner, her heart nearly jumped out of her skin. As if the world suddenly slowed down, Rin can see in upmost detail of a beautiful lady with silver-blonde hair and cold grey eyes, aiming a submachine gun at Rin's chest. The world reverted back into its normal speed again just as Rin instinctively tumbled into the ground just as the gun fired multiple bullets, pulling out her handgun as soon as she got onto one knee.

"Ved'ma. Miss Valeska Schuyler." Rin said calmly. The Russian assassin lowered her gun a little as her grey eyes gazed down at Rin. "Rei Satsuki," She stated. As if on cue, Gaela quickly appeared around the corner and stopped upon seeing the Russian. "Rei Satsuki and Xuemei Yue. A shame to kill you today," Ved'ma said simply, "nothing personal. This is just a part of my job. You on the other hand Miss Yue, I need you alive."

With that, she blasted the gun in her hands at Rin. Rin and Gaela immediately ran back around the corner for cover. Brian was just barely around the corner, standing dead still. Rin was about to scold at him for staying in the corner like that leaving no space for cover until she looked at the tall blonde.

Brian Speller was shaking. As lifeless as his expression looked, his dark blue eyes were spinning in conflict; mingling fear, anger, love and sadness all at once. Gaela and Rin both stared at the supposed Prince Charming with no weaknesses, immediately understanding the impassive blond possessing severe discomfort around that Russian woman. Why?

Rin didn't know but there must be a good reason and Rin wouldn't pry. This battle would be Rin against Ved'ma. Brian and Gaela could go and give aid to Squadron Bravo instead. Rin should be able to last long enough for them to provide support for squadron Bravo. "Brian listen—" Before Rin can say anything, Brian beat her to it.

"Rin and Gaela, find another route to assist squadron Bravo. I will hold her back, don't worry about me." Brian said. Rin stared at Brian owlishly, dumbfounded. Rin went on her tippy toes and bonked Brian on the head. "Bro you were literally shaking and had a mental breakdown that lasted 0.0001 seconds when you heard her voice," Rin hissed, "you'd die. Let me handle this. You and Gaela should go and find another route. I'll act as a decoy and buy time."

"No," Brian insisted, "I will be the one to fight her." "Will you back down and falter?" Rin asked. "No I won't." Brian reassured, "tell me Rin, what gun does Ved'ma use?" "A Russian submachine gun thing. A Bizon I believe. Now as you really sure you won't die? I don't believe you since you really doesn't seem—" Before Rin can express any more of her doubts in Brian, Gaela had beaten her to it.

"Rin let's go. We need to have Faith in Brian," Gaela said, "he will be fine. What we are about to witness is a Schuyler family issue that we wouldn't understand and shouldn't intervene. Am I right Braun Schuyler?" "Yes. Thank you Gaela. I'm sorry for not telling you about this earlier Rin."

So Brian's real name is Braun Schuyler. Not so different from his nom de guerre now that Rin thought about it. "Don't apologise," Rin said to Brian, "as your leader, I guess I just gotta let you solve a family issue that matters to you. Here, take this if ya want." Rin handed Brian a gas mask that covers the entire face, attached to an oxygen cylinder. It wasn't just a normal gas mask; it can be used for oxygen therapy. Lydie made it specifically for Rin.

Brian hesitated before taking the gas mask into his hands. With a small 'pardon me', the blonde detached the gas mask from the oxygen tube and handed the cylinder and tube back to Rin. "Thank you Rin." Brian said. Brian gave Rin a small appreciative smile. Rin in return smiled back. It wasn't her usual idiotic grin or a smirk that pisses people off. It was a truly genuine smile.

"Rei."
"Hm?"
"Satsuki Rei. That's my birth name. I'm the son of the Satsuki family and ran away from home. Now you know that's not a random alias and backstory. Rin Shiota is just a stage name; a nom de guerre. Now we're even Braun."
"I see. Thank you Rei."
"Brian. Rin and I will take our leave. We will leave this to you. Please stay safe."
"Of course Gaela, I'll definitely make it out alive. I promise."
"I know you will, see you soon."

With that, Rin and Gaela ran the opposite direction, finding a new route to reach their destination in order to assist Squadron Bravo. 'Hang in there, Lait,' Rin thought to herself, 'support is on its way. Keep the hostages safe.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35K 993 41
She must feel my presence because she turns around to me so I hold up my knife and run at her. "ARCHIE STOP!" she says as I pin her into the hard bri...
576K 15.2K 37
"Lesson one. Never cross Alexander Valentino" I pressed on one of the knives in his hand. "Lesson two. Never call me Princess!" with that I gracefull...
446K 8.4K 54
Raven Rodriguez has grown up a normal life with the future of the mafia looming over her back. A new guy moves to her school and seems to make it hi...
20.3K 521 23
( So this is my first real book so don't judge. Kinda cliché so there I warned you. Starting to slowly edit and change a few things. Okay A LOT of th...