♕♚An Assassin's Faith♔♛

By Lucid_fantasies_

"Life is a game of chess. You are the player and everything you could make use of is in your hands. Kill, man... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
♕♚ E⃟p⃟i⃟l⃟o⃟g⃟u⃟e⃟ ♔♛
*20 A.F Facts*
•Special Chapter: Lait's Birthday•
•Special Chapter: Maria's Birthday•
•Special Chapter: Yinyu's Birthday•

Chapter 55

11 2 0
By Lucid_fantasies_

The plan Akamai worked on with Adrienne, Casper and Lait was simple: rescue David Moon, Yinyu Yi and Rien Sun. Kill Bing Dal and everyone who stands in their way; play by the fundamentals of 'In this world it's either kill or be killed'. It was as easy as that. But the worst may happen; allies will get killed.

Thanks to Luke Aiden, Sherry Corcoran, Erwin Cóir and some influential Quintessentials, the area around St. Peter's college within a five mile radius was cleared; devoid of life. Akamai was grateful for her students... They all grew up now. They don't need Akamai to hold their hands and guide them anymore. Instead, they can accompany and assist Akamai.

It was a bright tranquil morning at the hour of nine when Akamai stood outside to face the majestic school she possessed so much fond memories in. She wore a blank expression, staring out from her single right eye. Beside her was squadron Alpha. She finally gave Threatening a nod. The grenadier beside her hurled a dynamite at the school main entrance and it immediately exploded, signalling to the enemies of their flashy arrival.

"Alright. Let's do our best and demolish as much people as we can. We need to buy time for squadron Bravo and Charlie. Got it?" Akamai asked. Christopher Lecky and Caelan Rose standing behind Akamai diagonally gave her a nod. Kami and Folisha on the sides were already charging inside the main building at an impressive speed, one screaming while other giggling maniacally. Threatening and Adrienne gave the two girls one a hopeless look and other a scowl before they both hurried inside, providing the two girls with cover with their desired weapons in hand.

"Christopher, Caelan — let's go." Akamai said and rushed inside the crumbled main entrance. Akamai prayed for Adrienne to be safe and sound with Threatening and Folisha. The redheaded strategist was vulnerable and weak but she was a valuable asset: she was one of the communicators of Squadron Alpha. She can communicate with Squadron Bravo, Charlie and Delta; Lait, Rin and Lydie's squadrons. It was important to know the school have control over the radio waves and signal. The enemies can overhear their messages if they want to. The less transceivers there were, the better.

"Akamai.... Be careful." Alfred's worried voice said hesitantly through Akamai's receiver. The girl in return smirked. Knowing Alfred cannot hear her, Akamai still replied to the polyglot. "Don't worry about me Alfred. Just stay with Lydie and Britannia and update us alright?" Akamai said to nobody in particular. With that, Akamai sprinted inside the school building, following Threatening, Kami and Folisha.

The school entrance was usually where the main office was situated. It had a lot awards and trophies in shelves to show visitors how mighty this prestigious school was. It was where Akamai usually walks in to get to her office quickly. However, that information was irrelevant now. Gunshots, piercing bullets smashing into the floors and the world within the school immediately brought Akamai back into reality. The One Eyed Reaper pulled out her trustworthy glock and bolted in, her sharp eye immediately noticing a number of enemies hiding behind flipped furniture.

The navy haired girl did a quick tumble and ducked behind a small table. She peered over, fired a few shots at enemies and ducked when it was necessary. Akamai in the past would charge straight in recklessly and wouldn't care about dying because she had nothing to lose. But now she have. Akamai want to live on; for her beloved students and herself. But most importantly, for Brian, Christopher and Valerie. Fulfilling Valerie's promise had always seemed like a lifetime away but right now it was just barely within reach.

"YOU TWO, COVER ME!" Akamai can hear Folisha shout in the distance. "FOLISHA YOU IDIOT GEEZ!" "Adrienne calm down. Let's aid Folisha okay?" "Hmph. Fine." Curious, Akamai peered over to look at the three members of the Kings of the Moon. Folisha sprinted swiftly before she sprang up high into the air and dropkicked into the face of a rogue, her combat boot blades slashing the man's face. As the man shouted in agony, Threatening aimed his AK-47 and mowed down the people behind him. Folisha ran off further into the school entrance, laughing heartily. Adrienne scowled before she quickly did the finishing blow on the poor man, slashing into his appendix with two daggers and scurried along to follow Folisha and Threatening.

Kami on the other hand required no help nor assistance whatsoever. The green haired serial killer was screaming maniacally, cursing in both German and Hungarian at her victims. She was going on a complete rampage. She was too reckless though; bullets grazed her here and there but that monster continued her genocide without holding back. Those people who fired to take on TRAXX in close combat were met with a bitter fate; they were sprayed with pepper spray with their faces cut up by TRAXX' infamous sharp scissors.

"Quit slacking off Aka. Are you afraid?" A quiet voice asked in the chaos asked. Ignoring the many bangs from bullets piercing the desk Akamai hid behind, Akamai lowered herself and looked up above her. Akamai found Christopher Lecky by the stair banisters somehow with a sniper rifle in hand, plucking out the strays with his sharp eyes and ending their lives. "Akamai is afraid?!" All of a sudden, Caelan appeared by Akamai's side. His green eyes glanced at Christopher competitively for a split second and smiled at Akamai. "Aka, I will protect you! You have my word."

The skillful Quintessential almost comforted Akamai if it wasn't for his bloodstained clothes and splotches of blood on his face. Akamai blinked a few times before she smirked. "Squad Bravo are on their way to rescue the hostages. We better hurry up and clean up the evildoers here." Adrienne's voice echoed in Akamai's receiver. Christopher, Caelan and Akamai shared a look.

"Hm, no time to be slacking off I see. Squadron Bravo and Charlie needs us. Delta is waiting for our report. Chris, Caelan, lets do our jobs and eradicate these scum quickly." Akamai grinned before she stood up and charged deeper into the school grounds; in opposite direction as the others. Akamai didn't need to assist them; they are capable individuals. Akamai just had to mow down the enemies in this school quickly. Akamai didn't pull out her glock to do that job. Instead, Akamai pulled out a deadly sharp sickle, clearly an insignia of some sort.

The One Eyed Reaper had grown a lot; she now have a reason to live. A reason to survive in this grotesque world. It made her hesitant for the unknown but it made her stronger. Definitely.

***

"This is Squadron Delta. We have an update from Squadron Bravo. They found Justice and is now currently on their way rescuing the hostages. Out," Lydie's voice echoed. Familiar with international radio communications, Adrienne Le Blank was tasked to be in charge of handling the transceiver. Wasting no time at all, the redhead sent a quick message to her squadron. "Squad Beta are on their way to rescue the hostages. We better hurry up and clean up the evildoers here."

Folisha and Threatening paused before sharing a look of approval and hurried after Kami up the stairs, who was going deeper into the school grounds, opposite where Akamai and her two students went. Adrienne rolled her eyes and followed her comrades cautiously, ignoring the corpses littered all across the school grounds. Kami at front suddenly came to a halt by the long hall. The green haired killer widened her eyes in horror. Threatening stopped and skeptically peered. Adrienne could see something in Threatening's eyes fade away. He gave Folisha and Adrienne an uncertain look.

"YOU! THE F*CK ARE YOU DOING HERE?!"

Kami's shout of alarm commanded Adrienne's frail legs to run towards the entrance where she stood between Folisha and Threatening. The Scottish-French redhead's stunning emerald eyes to land on a Finnish man in the spacious hall littered with dismembered corpses. The erratic man have untamed beige hair and a single eye. He wore a mask and dark clothes with a bloody kitchen cleaver in hand. Folisha and Threatening both shared a deathly look. Adrienne on the other hand scowled.

Being the most capable orator of them all, Adrienne stepped forward. "Mister Veikko Häyhä. What are your intentions?" She asked. "You are a strange one... Killing you allies like this. Which side are you on?" The wild man gaped at Adrienne and began jerking around in an unsettling manner. "Le Blank, I am praying to Mistress Hisame — do you perhaps want to join me?" He exclaimed brightly, "if I sacrifice enough people.... Will Gaela stay?"

As swiftly as the wind, Adrienne revealed the duel daggers in her hands, pointing them at the Finnish man. As if having the same thing in mind, Threatening and Folisha both aimed their guns at Veikko. Kami on the other hand revealed the sharp scissors in her hands, her turquoise eyes screaming murder. "Sorry. Gaela will not stay in the agency. We will have to take you down." Adrienne threatened.

"....Oh is that so?" The man's eye flickered. "It's nice knowing you, Miss Le Blank. Thank you for making Gaela happy. What is about to be done has to be done.... Sorry Missy." Veikko Häyhä wasn't a mere psychopathic killer; he was Gaela's former mentor and the brother of Cillian Häyhä. Veikko was a rash, hasty and impulsive individual: nothing like Adrienne. Her polar opposite. But she acknowledged him. He have gut feelings on par with Adrienne's. The famed serial killer called Kuumato was gifted with a strong instinct. A brutal killer he was. A gifted executioner.

Instinctively, Adrienne darted side ways, her dainty feet clacking onto the floor as she ran. Kami, completely overdriven by bloodlust, appeared by Veikko's side within a second. The two reckless killers clashed and fought. One with a strong cleaver while other with swift scissors. Adrienne, getting close enough to Kami and Veikko, tightened her grip on the dagger in her left and threw the dagger in her right at Veikko's face to distract him. Adrienne jabbed down the dagger in her hand down at Veikko's leg.

"This is Squadron Bravo! We rescued the hostages successfully! We're escaping now. Out."

The receiver in everyone's ears echoed the words of victory. However it didn't feel like one at all. Adrienne didn't want to see Folisha and Threatening's terrified expressions. Adrienne didn't want to see Kami's horrified face. Even with a mask on, Adrienne can tell the serial killer was grinning at Adrienne. Adrienne can feel something was off, but cannot wrap her hands around it. "Le Blank, you have my respects," Veikko praised as he swung his bloodied cleaver around eagerly, "you're more mobile than before!"

Adrienne stared at the severed left hand on the ground. It was holding onto a dagger. The hand was cut clean. Adrienne looked down at where her hands were supposed to be. Nothing. Just a stump for a hand. Her wrists with flesh and bones at the end. The hand was cut clean. Absolutely flawless. So perfectly Adrienne didn't even feel the pain.

The school hall was suddenly filled with angry cries and a scream of a young grevious lady.

***

Britannia and Alfred stayed silent, waiting for their retrievers to catch any important updates or messages. It was satisfying to hear Lait saying they've received David Moon and other hostages but they haven't won this battle yet. Britannia watched as Lydie paced around the tea shop just around the corner of St. Peter's they occupied, clearly stressed. "Any updates from Bravo or Charlie?" Lydie asked. The Quintessential Literate and Polyglot both shook their heads in response.

"What about squadron Alpha Miss Lydie?" Alfred spoke up hesitantly. "No, nothing yet." Lydie murmured. She suddenly paused. The scientist's skin went pale and her eyes widened like saucers. It was as if all life was drained out of her body and she have no soul left. Lydie Wang collapsed onto her knees.

"Miss Lydie!" Britannia and Alfred quicky appeared by her side and helped the scientist up. She looked shaken. Something bad must've happened. Lydie shakily pressed down on her transceiver by her ears.

"A-Akamai. Please meet up with Adrienne. Folisha, Threatening and Kami needs help. They are facing Kuumato."

"No —what are you doing Miss Lydie?!" Alfred cried out, "Akamai will get injured if she goes against Kuumato!" "I agree with Alfred. Miss Lydie, please reconsider. I heard from the Cóir brothers Kuumato is a dangerous murderer." "Mister Tenjin, Miss Kühn.... Don't worry — Akamai have Caelan and Christopher with her! They'd be fine; they are more than capable defending and protecting others!" Lydie said with an insane grin. As happy and carefree as Lydie try her best to seem, that happy facade looked like it can shatter anytime soon.

"Delta, this is Squadron Beta. We are taking on Cillian Häyhä — assistance may be needed. Over." Britannia's receiver echoed. It was a familiar voice; the voice of a young writer Britannia was fond of. Lait Yi's voice was unsettling calm as if backed to a corner. Britannia hesitated. "Miss Lydie, Beta requires assistance." Britannia said. Britannia really thought Lydie couldn't appear more stressed. However; the scientist seemed as if she was staring face to face with Death.

Things weren't going well for them... Really; Fate was cruel. Britannia was certain God would be on their side but it seems otherwise.
Britannia tapped on her transceiver. "Copy that." She said, "wait for further instructions in the next few seconds. For now, do your best." "Roger that."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2K 1.2K 40
• Nothing Lasts Forever • [#114 in Action (08.09.16)] (#395 in Training) +COMPLETED+ A cup full of action, a spoonful of humor, and a teaspoon of ro...
3.9K 211 43
Sana is the student of IT (Information Technology). Or should I say she was . She can hack every device she wants but she never try to do it because...
446K 8.4K 54
Raven Rodriguez has grown up a normal life with the future of the mafia looming over her back. A new guy moves to her school and seems to make it hi...
158K 3.2K 34
Meet Raven Night. She's 17. At school, she gets bullied because she's a "nerd". No one knows her past and she tends to keep it that way. During the d...