♕♚An Assassin's Faith♔♛

By Lucid_fantasies_

"Life is a game of chess. You are the player and everything you could make use of is in your hands. Kill, man... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
♕♚ E⃟p⃟i⃟l⃟o⃟g⃟u⃟e⃟ ♔♛
*20 A.F Facts*
•Special Chapter: Lait's Birthday•
•Special Chapter: Maria's Birthday•
•Special Chapter: Yinyu's Birthday•

Chapter 49

7 1 1
By Lucid_fantasies_

Silence hovered in the air of the principal's office of St. Peter's as Koori sat opposite of Cillian Häyhä by the office desk. They both stared at each other in distaste. Mr. Yue, Ved'ma and Koori's personal secretary (who was the replacement for the brutally murdered principal, Deirdre Mirai) hovered silently in the background. Koori's secretary's fingers began dancing in the air.

'Shall we commence the meeting without Justice?'

Koori and Cillian sat in silence. "They should be here at any second," Ved'ma said calmly. As if on cue, the double doors to the office creaked open. The Quintessential Solicitor and Actress Justus Cóir and Sabrina An Sona strolled in, as calm and content as always. "Heya. Sorry for being late. There's some stuff that happened to my brothers," Justus said ever so insouciantly. "Did they die?" Ved'ma asked. "Who knows? Maybe~" Justus winked. "Shall we begin?" Sabrina asked. Koori nodded. "We may."

"....." Absolute silence hovered in the air once again as Koori stared into Cillian's dark icy brown eyes. In the Koori's peripheral vision, he can see his veiled secretary staring at Cillian and Mr. Yue intensely, observing ever little detail to take into consideration of what one might be thinking of. She stepped into the middleground and she started signing.

'Miss Gaela is taken away by TRAXX and the Angel's Executioner. It happened because we were both at fault and didn't cooperate well. We did and said things we shouldn't've.'

"Apologies," Koori said in a carefree manner, "I enlightened my sister on some psychological tricks you've played." Cillian remained silent. "Let's make this clear; we both want my sister." Koori said coldly, "I won't let you have her. You had your fun and it's time for you to return what belongs to me." "Nonsense," Cillian said calmly, "Mr. Yue and my brother raised this blissful jewel into who she is today. She is mine." "You better keep your filthy hand off of of my sister you insane creep," Koori snarled.

Koori and Cillian glared at each other. "Woah chill guys," Justus laughed, "let's all hold hands and get along okay?" Koori turned his head to Justus. "Silence," he ordered. Justus obeyed but a mischievous smile crept up on his face. "We are all at fault; we didn't communicate well enough," Sabrina said calmly, "for now let us try and resolve this issue in peace."

Cillian hovered his gaze at Sabrina. "Who told you to speak up Miss Quintessential Actress?" He asked. "No person. However I do wish for the best for my boss," Sabrina replied, "I'm sure Mister Yue is feeling the same. A very doting and worried father he is." Koori turned his head to Mr. Yue and he looked indeed quite unsettled. Cillian frowned. "You have a handful of observant and analytical underlings Bing," Cillian said. Koori cracked a smirk. "Of course
Cillian. Your people may be more superior in terms of vigour but I possess more vigilant, critical and cunning people." Koori's secretary knocked on the wooden office table to catch everyone's attention.

'I know we are not allies but Gaela is in the hands of others. If we want her, we need to work together. Can we agree on that?' She signed. Both Justices translated it to Cillian and Mr. Yue. Everyone reluctantly nodded. 'Let us reconcile and join forces,' she signed again. "I had a plan ready to go," Koori said casually, his active brain quickly building up his scheme, "I'm pretty happy with my plan but I want to see your opinions." "What is it?" Ved'ma asked.

"The Angel's Executioner is no other than Miss Lait Yi; the Quintessential Writer. She have three helpers with her whether they commit crime. They are three of her four siblings that the infamous thief Harry Robinson fostered. Hehe, how cute. A plague doctor and her three crows who acts as omens of death." Koori smiled. "What are you implying?" Ved'ma asked, "get to the point."

"Three of the four siblings of Lait Yi helps Lait with her job. What about the sibling who is excluded? We shall kidnap and hold little Miss Angel's sibling hostage to lure her out. Gaela, my empathetic sister, will surely follow suit."

"Will it work?" Justus said unenthusiastically, "seems pretty boring." Koori gazed at Justus. "If I hold your little brother Billie Cóir hostage and would kill him within three days, would you show yourself and rescue him?" Koori asked innocently. Justus stared at Koori. He smiled. "Cool. What about TRAXX?" Justus asked, "I mean she killed a Schuyler so...." Ved'ma balled up her fists in anger. "TRAXX is irrelevant," Cillian Häyhä said calmly, "I can get rid of her within a blink of an eye."

Koori stared at his secretary who was unusually silent. She didn't chime in to tell him if his plan will work or not. "What do you think?" Koori asked, staring at the principal. The principal of St. Peter's hesitated before she started signing. 'Lait Yi have four siblings. Which one are you going to kidnap?' She signed, 'I doubt the plan will work. Do you really think pulling strings of emotions would work? This isn't a normal person. This is an infamous thief; a ruthless murderer and a group of killers. They won't behave like normal people. They follow the fundamentals of 'Kill or be killed. The strong will survive and the weak shall perish'.'

Koori let out a bark of laughter before grinning. "It's not like you to be defensive. Almost like you don't want me carry out this scheme." He remarked. His secretary remained silent. "But you're right; criminals aren't necessarily driven to do something by emotions... But I'll figure something to out. As for a hostage, I want to get mister Yinyu Yi, a student of Verzló. He's the only sibling who didn't accompany his sister in any of her journeys from what I heard. He's currently here in England right? It's a good chance to seize him." Koori's secretary nodded silently.

"May I add another hostage?" Cillian Häyhä brought up, "Gaela is a dutiful lady. She is loyal to me; I know that for sure. I know a hostage who will definitely lure her out. Especially with the chaos revolving around Quintessentials." "And whom might that be?" Sabrina asked politely. Cillian Häyhä simply smiled. It was a smile that didn't seem right.

"The Quintessential Chessman, David Moon. The wonderful schemer who indirectly killed Gebhard Schuyler."

***

Sherry's lonely heart was finally at ease once she saw a blonde polyglot walking out of the 'Arrivals' area with two suitcases in hand in the London Heathrow Airport. Sherry lifted up the A3 paper in her hands that read 'May The Stars Smile Upon Your Arrival, Alfred' with little star stickers around it, hoping Alfred would notice her. The people around the coroner gave her strange looks or looks of awe.

Despite Quintessentials being hated, Sherry received almost no hate at all. Well, at least she thought so. Sometimes there would be a few people who would jump at her and give her a beating but it's okay. Sherry was happy to see how bruises form on her body with specific kinds of fists and accessories. For example, would wearing rings do more damage? How does a brass knuckle bruise differ from a fist? There were so much for the Quintessential Coroner to learn and this Quintessential havoc was exactly what she need. In the midst of Sherry's pondering, Alfred Tenjin spotted her. "Shi-Ri!" Alfred exclaimed as he rushed over to the coroner. Sherry missed that unique accent of his. "I told you to stay indoors! Do you know how dangerous it is to go outside right now?!"

Sherry in response took a suitcase from Alfred and headed towards the exit. "I miss you. I want to see you as soon as possible. I'm afraid something will happen because the Stars said you are in danger today." Sherry said. Alfred's stern expression softened before he smiled. "I miss you too Shi-Ri. Y'know horoscopes aren't all that accurate right?" Alfred said before he quickly followed Sherry and sighed, walking out of the large airport bustling with people. The two Quintessentials headed for the nearby underground railroad station.

Sherry and Alfred both took out their travel passes, swiped it and headed down into the underground. Sherry looked around aimlessly. The underground was dark and gloomy with hardly anyone nearby. There was nobody there at all except for a gang of teens in the corner, smoking. The railroads stretched from one end to another and into the darkness.

Sherry yawned and rubbed her eyes. "Which line are we supposed to take again?" She asked. Alfred in return gave Sherry a look that read he was all too used to it. "The Piccadilly line," Alfred answered. Sherry stared at Alfred owlishly. "Where are we going again?" She echoed. "To London City. I can't go to our school dormitories so Luke invited me to stay in his apartment," Alfred answered.

The two Quintessentials waited behind the yellow line of the platform for the Piccadilly train to come. However, Sherry felt the few people boring hold into Alfred and Sherry's heads with their intense staring. The gang were looking at Alfred and Sherry with expressions she knew too well. Ah, they have malicious intentions. It seemed the Stars have spoken.

"Well, what do we have here?" A snarky voice echoed throughout the underground. Alfred reluctantly turned his head and Sherry looked at the speaker without hesitation. It seemed to be a gang of six teens grinning like Cheshire cats as they approached them. When they stopped within a few feet from the two, Alfred tensed up with a worried expression. Sherry in return just stared at the gang owlishly, unfazed whatsoever.

A brunette wearing a dark hoodie flicked out a sharp penknife blade and pointed it at the two Quintessentials. Alfred shakily extended one arm over Sherry protectively as he scrunched up his face, trying to hide his fear. "Protecting your girlfriend mister prince?" The hoodlum sneered, "I heard there's a big bounty over Quintessentials and I wonder if that's true. If so then it'll be easy cash."

"F-Friends, please reconsider. There is no use to bring harm to Quintessentials," Alfred began. Sherry can tell the polyglot was scared but he remained firm. "We as Quintessentials are doing our jobs. I don't understand why people distain us," Sherry said calmly. The gang looked at each other, sharing a smug look before they burst out laughing, looking at the the Quintessentials mockingly. As much as the group seemed to be taunting them, Sherry can see some bitterness and envy in their eyes.

"Don't you understand? Quintessentials have everything. You are all nothing but arrogant f*ckards favoured by God. While us civilians are struggling and working hard to earn dosh, you pigs are earning ten times more than us by talking on a show or doing what you're good at. It's not fair." A teenage girl hissed. "There are homeless people, misfortunate people, sincere people, hardworking people and there's you pigs. There are even those who are so desperate they lived a life of prostitution and crime."

"Is that really how you see us?" Sherry echoed with her head tilted, "all we're doing is doing what we love and good at." "Shut up," the girl snarled as she rolled up her sleeves, "well off arseholes like you needs to be taught a lesson." Sherry received a heavy blow to the face from the girl. The coroner's head snapped to the side. Sherry paused a bit before looking at the girl and tilted her head. The punch looked sickening but really, Sherry cannot feel the pain. "Ow?" She mumbled.

Alfred widened his eyes in horror glared at the girl, green eyes narrowing in distain. "Oh god. How dare you hit Sherry?!" Alfred fumed, "she is the nicest person there is! You can harass or beat anyone you want but you crossed the line for touching Sherry." "It's fine Alfred. I'm not hurt," Sherry said. "Yes you are! You just can't feel it," Alfred cried out. The gang looked at each other and two teenagers suddenly yanked Alfred by his arms and restrained him. Alfred squirmed about. "Let me go! What are you doing?!" Alfred snarled.

"I'll tell you what we're doing; beating you pigs up and kill you for cash," the brunette said. He kicked Alfred between the legs. Alfred fell on his knees, clearly in pain. "Don't do that to Alfred. He is a good boy," Sherry said calmly, "Akamai said violence is a big no no." The air-headed coroner was shoved into a pillar by a burly teen. "What is Miss Akamai going to do? Take all blame? Send me to jail? F*ck society because everyone favours the Quintessentials. But not anymore after what Maria had done to Miss Yue Xuemei of the Dal company. That investigator is f*cken insane. Quintessentials are insane." The teen taunted.

Sherry was hurt from the boy's words. Sherry doesn't want to burden Akamai more. Maria didn't do what she did on purpose. "Now that I take a closer look, the Quintessentials are all really pretty," the boy said with a grin Sherry didn't like. "Feel free to f*ck them up. They're gonna die anyways." The girl rolled her eyes. The teen unzipped his pants as he roughly shoved Sherry into the pillar more.

A gunshot ran throughout the underground and after a second or two, the bulky teen in front of Sherry let out a squeal of a pig and collapsed onto the floor, rolling around while holding his crotch; clearly in pain. The other four teens were clearly taken aback as they looked around in bewilderment.

By the stairway to the station above stood a tall handsome young man with dark red-brown hair styled flamboyantly with cold grey eyes, fixated upon the scene. The man have rosy cheeks and a slightly pale complexion with a leather jacket over a grey turtleneck sweater, wearing ripped jeans with handcuffs as well as a gun holster and fashionable designer shoes. He have many piercings in his ears along with little stars and a Taurus earring that Sherry recognised. She gave it to him for his birthday. The man looked like a model. "Luke," Sherry greeted, "hello."

The Quintessential Policeman Luke Aiden never lowered the handgun in his hands as he approached the ruckus. His lips were set to a frown and his eyes were colder than ever. "Why would anyone lay a hand on Sherry," he said, voice laced with venom, "disgusting. This world is full of filth I need to eradicate."

Luke rushes over to Sherry and placed his hands on her. "Are you okay Sherry boo?" He asked worriedly. Luke's attitude completely changed like he did a full one eighty. "What happened to your face...?" He trailed off to an inaudible whisper as he caressed Sherry's swollen cheek that Sherry didn't really care about. "I'm alright but Alfred isn't. He got kicked in the groin." Sherry answered, "I was punched in the face by that girl but it's okay. It's a good punch. I'll rate it a seven out of ten." Luke's eyes flickered as he looked at Alfred on his knees being restrained by two boys. Alfred gave Luke a timid look, a bit embarrassed for Luke to see Alfred like that.

Within the blink of an eye, Luke lunged for the two boys holding Alfred. Luke swung a punch that let out a giant crack on the nose on one boy and kneed where the sun doesn't shine in another. The boys were clearly in pain as they let go of the polyglot and squirmed around, snarling in pain. Luke Aiden held Alfred Tenjin by the hand and hoisted the boy up from his knees, resting an arm on Alfred's shoulder. "Who do I need to arrest and charge for assault other than the b*tch other there and a rapist wannabe?" Luke asked calmly. The policeman took out his phone and quickly snapped images of the gang, keeping their appearances in his phone whilst burning their visages deep into his mind.

"Police these days are so corrupted. There's something wrong with our system," the boy with the pocketknife remarked bitterly. "Just wait till I tell the public on social media about the Quintessential Policeman Luke Aiden attacking civilians." "All Quintessentials are messed up," the girl said, "they deserve to burn in Hell. I wonder why there's a Quintessential police when the constabulary is supposed to be nice to its people and defend them. Instead we have a rich and pretty f*ckboy to represent the law enforcement officers." "Who." "What?" "Who asked?" Luke said simply as he slowly made his way towards the teens, gun still in hand, "I don't give a figging flipping flapping flopping feckoning fudging fizzing flying f*ck."

Sherry watched as Luke grabbed the girl by her shirt collar. He raised a fist. "I don't care how the masses sees me. As long as I'm following what I believe in and doing my job, I'm grand. I've been called a bad boy, a f*ck boy, a player and even worse degenerate terms. But I am Luke Aiden, the Quintessential Policeman and a model. My parents and grandparents are all enforcers of peace and I strive to be the same. People sees me as a Quintessential pretty face which is more of a compliment than insult. My friends and family are the ones who truly understands and acknowledges me not as a Quintessential, but as a person. And that's more than enough for me to reject what the public thinks about me."

Luke was just about to smash his fists down into the girl who shut her eyes when Sherry quickly intervened. "Wait!" Sherry echoed. Luke came to a halt, his first inches away from the girl's face. "Akamai said violence is bad and a big no no. She told us to avoid it as much as possible. Alfred and I are safe now and further violence isn't necessary. Please Luke. Can we go home?" Sherry asked. Luke lowered his fist ever so slowly and let go of the girl. "I see, sure. Shall I arrest them then?" Luke asked calmly. Sherry and Alfred shared a look. "It's up to you Luke," Alfred answered, "you know what's best for us after all."

"I'll ask for Youth Rehabilitation Order for these teens. I'll ask Gary to investigate their family finances and backgrounds. I will ask the Cóir brothers to bring this case to court." Luke said before he glowered at the six teenagers. "You're lucky I'm giving you YRO and nothing else. But I can't guarantee the court will impose a short sentence of rehabilitation. I'm sorry you have bad impressions of Quintessentials but you have no right to treat them like objects... Especially you; don't rape them." Luke snarled as he glared at the boy who nearly threatened Sherry's naïveté. The policeman gave the gang one last look before a whirring noise that echoed through the station was heard.

A train to London city on the Piccadilly line had arrived. When the transport came to a stop, the double doors opened welcomingly. Luke strolled in with Alfred and Sherry follow suit. The teenage gang watched, too frightened to interact with the Quintessentials or rebuttal against the young federal genius' words. Luke Aiden... As carefree and flighty as he seemed to be normally, the policeman can still take his job seriously when the situation calls for it. Sherry loves this side of Luke the most.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

246K 8.9K 34
In life, we do things we regret, or that we wish we could wipe from our memory forever. At the age of 15, I didn't think I'd regret anything until I...
32.7K 550 26
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒: 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ❝𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲'𝐫𝐞 𝐤𝐞𝐩𝐭 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧. 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐫𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 �...
2.1K 145 76
Guns, revenge and buildings to bomb, what could go wrong? ✮ He came in, gun held out in front of him in one hand while the other was resting on his h...
20.3K 521 23
( So this is my first real book so don't judge. Kinda cliché so there I warned you. Starting to slowly edit and change a few things. Okay A LOT of th...