♕♚An Assassin's Faith♔♛

Por Lucid_fantasies_

"Life is a game of chess. You are the player and everything you could make use of is in your hands. Kill, man... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
♕♚ E⃟p⃟i⃟l⃟o⃟g⃟u⃟e⃟ ♔♛
*20 A.F Facts*
•Special Chapter: Lait's Birthday•
•Special Chapter: Maria's Birthday•
•Special Chapter: Yinyu's Birthday•

Chapter 50

11 2 1
Por Lucid_fantasies_

Maria stared up at the plain ceiling of the dull asylum, immensely bored. She turned her head and picked up her phone laying by the bedside table. It was two in the morning. "Man I'm bored. Oh, I can call Alfred! It's two in the morning here so it's like one in the afternoon in Hawaii!" Maria beamed before she opened her phone contacts. Her finger hovered over the 'call' button beside the name 'ALFREDO TEN-BOTTLES-OF-GIN BBY'. She hesitated. "I'm no longer a Quintessential. Will Alfred still sees me as a friend?" Maria asked quietly, "Alfred is a nice person. Of course he will..! But....."

Maria suddenly fell silent, a defeated look on her face. What if Alfred doesn't like her and want to distance himself away from her? Oh Maria could just call Gary...! Ah, he probably hated her guts; Maria was insane, stabbed someone, ruined Quintessential's reputations and gave work to Akamai. The silence lingered in the dark room before the investigator suddenly heard rustling and thumping outside her room window. It was as if someone was struggling to climb the wall outside.

Maria gazed at the white curtains covering the room window. A silhouette of a man perhaps, loomed over the curtains as it struggled to open the window. Maria instantly opened her drawer and took out a plastic knife she hid from her caretakers (knives were confiscated. Maria was told she can't go near knives but Maria thought f*ck the rules and hid one).

The window unlocked itself and the man let himself in and he was immediately tangled in the curtains. Maria sprang up from her bed. "AAAAAAAAAA F*CK THERE'S A GUY IN MY ROOM TAKE THAT YOU PSYCHOPATHIC B*TCH. DIE DIE!" Maria screamed as she stabbed the poor person repeatedly with the bendy plastic knife. "Ow! Ow! Ow! Stop it geez ow!" A familiar voice cried out. Maria paused.

"Gary?" She echoed. "Yah it's me," Gary's voice grunted, "Jesus Christ. Maybe it's right to lock you up here. You've clearly gotten mad." Maria blinked a few times and poked the person's cheeks over the curtains. She paused. Maria quickly rushed over to her bedside lamp and flicked it open. With a soft glow of newfound light in the room, Maria quickly ran over to untangle the curtains from the supposed Quintessential Detective.

Maria stared face to face with Gary Akise, their eyes gazing into each other. "Holy sh*t... HOLY SH*T IT'S GAEY! HOLY F*CK GUYS GAEY IS HERE!" Maria shrieked at the top of her lungs. "Shhh!" A frail index finger found itself onto Maria's lips. "Be quiet. Are you mad?! It's two in the morning. They're going to kick me out!" Gary hissed, "also what's up with the weird nickname? Gaey? Really??" "Yeah, Gaey! Once I was texting to a friend ranting about you and I accidentally typed 'Gaey' and I died." Maria giggled, "and it became a nickname for Gaela! Though I don't use it often."

Gary stared at Maria as if she was daft. Maria in return grinned at him like an idiot. "Why am I here again?" Gary mumbled under his breath, "oh right. Akamai. And the Quintessentials." Maria tilted her head in curiosity. Akamai? Quintessentials? What was going on? "What about them?" Maria asked. Gary sighed before he explained everything.

If Maria have to sum up Gary's intricate and detailed explanation, it's basically how the public lost their sh*t when Maria stabbed Gaela. Quintessentials were deemed as self-centred snobs more than before. If you're a Quint, you can't get milk from a supermarket without getting jumped. A shady group of people were even sent to kill Quintessentials. The Quintessential Keener Caoimhe MacMurrough was the first to die. Akamai Shi found herself to be responsible and blamed for a number of disasters. To keep everyone safe, Akamai sent all Quintessentials back to their home countries and towns and lay low. As for Akamai herself... Well, she had to deal and solve tragic issues and events even though it's not possible to do so on her own.

"Maria, help me. I don't want to sit back and watch Akamai trying to do everything herself anymore. I'm the Quintessential Detective and you're the former Quintessential Investigator. Remember what Alfred said to us? We should work together just like how Sherry and I work together. W can achieve great things if we cooperate. We can help Akamai." Gary said.

The former Quintessential Investigator in return grinned. "Well, as long as I can escape from this prison of an asylum then I'm down for it!" Maria paused for a second, "oh and under one condition." Gary frowned. "What is it?" "You're not allowed to look at dead bodies if we come across any because you're an ass and will fap around them." "What the actual f*ck is wrong with you— *sigh* Tell me why am I here again..."

***

David Moon continued to chatter with the two dark haired boys accompanying him as they walked down the streets of London, ignoring the passerby's looks of utter disgust and fury. ".....And so, me and the boys used scissors to snip and destroy our uniforms. We all made a run for our houses after I triggered the fire alarm when school ended. It was a great end to primary school." David finished happily as he recalled old memories. Rien Sun and Yinyu Yi both shared disturbed looks.

"You never change," Rien said with a small smile, "still as mischievous and daring as always." "Yeah. I mean, why would I change?" David asked with a wink. The trio walked down the main street and went across into the empty backstreets. "Hey David. Are you sure it's safe for you to be out? Isn't it dangerous?" Yinyu asked, "for you to travel from Liverpool to London... It took a while and from what I saw on the news, Quintessentials gets attacked so.... Why are you here?" David snorted in response. Lmao why wouldn't he be here?

"Nah I'm fine Yin don't worry about me," David said cheerfully, "I took a flight and it's only an hour long which is cool. Also you shouldn't underestimate us Quintessentials. Our prez can kick ass and she taught us how to kick ass too. Except for Sherry who is too good to— wait a second." David frowned before he leaned closer to Yinyu, observing him with their faces inches apart. Yinyu, clearly disturbed, leaned back immediately with a scowl.

"What is it? Is there something on my face?" Yinyu asked in annoyance. David grinned before leaning back and continued walking. "Nah I'm just checking if this is the real Yinyu. Aww, it's nice to know you care for me." David cooed, "you should look out for your sister though. A gentleman like myself is grand at times like this." Lait's younger brother scowled.

"N-No, you got it wrong. I don't care about you at all... Well, maybe I appreciate you a bit more than the everyday person." Yinyu mumbled as he fixed his glasses bashfully. "Awwww I love you too Yin," David sniffled, wiping away a fake tear, "might as well get the papers because I'm taking you in as my brother." "No." Yinyu said quickly, "can't do. Never." "Ahaha relax! Lait will kill me if I did take you in," David laughed. "What about me Yin? Do you care about me?" Rien asked, gesturing at himself. The dark haired boy with glasses frowned. "Nobody cares about you Rien. Go to Hell," Yinyu answered bluntly.

David suddenly stopped in his tracks, blocking out Rien's complaining and Yinyu's mumbling. David looked around the shady backstreets they went through, feeling a tingling feeling in his back. A bone chilling sensation crept down his spine. A Quintessential would be all too familiar with this feeling. Someone's watching David; he's sure of it. David shivered. Someone watching from afar; presumable on a rooftop or so. Wait no. David paused. Multiple people were observing him. David believed in his statement: if David wasn't the Quintessential Chessman, he would most definitely be the Quintessential I-Know-Everything-About-Stalkers alongside a certain Quintessential Therapist (thanks to a certain someone). Noticing David's uneasiness, Yinyu and Rien stopped their mini bickering and turned to David.

"You good?" Rien asked. Yinyu gave David a look with a tad bit of concern in his eyes. "Yeah no kinda," David said slowly. David looked around his surroundings, feeling two pairs of beady eyes watching him. Will he get jumped? David didn't really mind since he's quite strong and could fend himself but it was Rien and Yinyu he was worried about. Rien is quite capable that's for sure but as for Yinyu.... David bit his lip. If anything bad happened to Yinyu, David knew for sure Lait will murder him and that goes without saying. Same with Rien though. Ritchie Sun will skin David alive (well maybe not because the Sun family have a soft spot for David... Well, maybe??).

"Hey lets go somewhere where there's more people," David urged, taking the two boys by the wrist and dragging them quickly. Rien and Yinyu both looked confused and worried which made David even more paranoid than he was; was David wrong to think there were people following them? No. David cannot doubt his abilities. A tingly feeling crept down David's neck and he shivered. Someone was following them. Definitely. For a split second, David wished for Christopher's company in case something happened.

"What's going on David?" Yinyu asked, "why are you—" David came to a halt as a bullet pierced into the ground right in front of them. The bullet bounced away as Yinyu and Rien stared at the wavering smoke from the floor, stunned. A bullet hole was etched into the floor. Within the blink of an eye, two blonde figures appeared; a brown eyed man with a gun and a gorgeous woman with grey blue eyes.

David Moon stared at the duo standing in front of the trio. "David Moon," the man started, his voice so smooth and robotic that it sent a chill down the chessman's spine. "Yinyu Yi," the woman said calmly with a thick Russian accent, staring at Yinyu with an impassive expression as if trying to learn everything about the boy within a glance. Immediately, David recognised the two adults and pieced together what was going to happen. Cillian Häyhä and Valeska Schuyler. Haha, David's gonna die.

"Oh hello sir, hello madam!" David greeted in a lighthearted manner, "it's not everyday you see a Häyhä with a Schuyler. How can I help you? If you want a selfie or a chess match with me, I'm afraid I'm currently on break. I'm hanging out with my friends here as you can see. Can you leave me alone?" "David I don't think a fan would fire a gun at us. Hey, what the f*ck do you want?" Rien growled.

Cillian Häyhä and Valeska Schuyler looked at Rien. "Hm, isn't this the former Quintessential Student President's brother?" Cillian Häyhä mused, "it would a pity for him to die." A black van revved up into view and parked right on the road in behind Cillian and Valeska, who seemed to expect it. David knew immediately this was a kidnapping as soon as he saw the locks installed on the outside of the black van.

"What do you want from us?!" Yinyu asked impatiently with his voice raised, aware of the gun in Cillian's hand. The boy took out his phone from his pocket. "I don't hesitate to call the poli—" The phone in Yinyu's hand exploded into smithereens as soon as Cillian raised his armed hand. It seemed the rumours David heard weren't wrong; Cillian Häyhä have amazing accuracy.

"To put it simply, we will be kidnapping David Moon and Yinyu Yi," Valeska Schuyler said bluntly, "...I will kill Rien Sun. We don't need a witness." Knowing how quick assassins can act, David quickly threw his arms around Rien just as Valeska appeared a few feet away from Rien with a hunting knife raised. The Russian lady immediately came to a halt as she realised David embracing Rien protectively.

"Sorry. I'm afraid I cannot let Rien die," David said, "not only because Ritchie will kill me, but also I know I will crumble to dust if I fail to protect another Sun." Valeska Schuyler clicked her tongue and glanced at Cillian Häyhä. "We'll take him with us too then," The Finnish man decided, "I'm sure Dal doesn't mind. I would be lying if I say we don't need Rien Sun to be an extra hostage." "I'll knock them out then," Valeska said quickly before she suddenly slammed the flat cheek of the hunting knife onto David's head. It was blunt and painful. But David still found himself standing. Valeska Schuyler appeared surprised if not impressed that David was still standing.

Cillian Häyhä suddenly appeared by Yinyu's side and smacked a piece of cloth onto Yinyu's mouth and nose. David almost moved on instinct to rip Yinyu off of the Finnish man if it wasn't for Valeska's painful whack on the head making David's head spin. "Y-YINYU, HOLD YOUR BREATH!" David shouted out in alarm. The tall black haired boy was clearly agitated, struggling to free himself. After a few second of trying to get the cloth off of him, the boy appeared weary before he closed his eyes.

David's heart dropped as Cillian hoisted the unconscious boy up with a smug look and headed for the van. He opened the back and gently laid Yinyu down. Cillian murmured something to the driver (David cannot see the driver nor hear their voice). "Rest well, Mister Moon," Valeska Schuyler said before putting a piece of cloth on David's nose. Splotches of darkness splattered across David's vision as he fell asleep, hoping Rien in his arms was safe.

***

"Hey Maria?"
"Shut up Gary can't you see I'm busy?!"
"Why are we stalking Lait's brother, David and an random guy?"
"Because I haven't seen Yinboy in ages and I want to see his beautiful face again! Yinboy is such a babey aaaahhh I want to give him a smooch oh and don't get me started on how cute Rien looks toda—"
"I thought we're helping Akamai!"
"Akamai can wait. She can handle it all herself. Yinny McYinyin is top priority right now~"

Gary sighed as he peered over at the rooftop, watching Yinyu Yi with David and another boy talking. If Gary had to be honest, he doesn't know too much about Yinyu except he's Lait's younger brother. Yinyu is a remarkable boy who plays chess and goes to the Verzlunarskóli Íslands, a private school in Iceland if Gary remembered correctly. Gary heard from Lait and Maria that the tall dark haired boy with glasses is really good with music and science; especially chemistry though his Icelandic wasn't the greatest.

"This is stupid..." Gary scowled as he watched David stopping in his tracks. The mischievous brunette suddenly grabbed onto Yinyu and the other boy by the wrist and quickly walked away. "Oh look, they know we're stalking them and are now scared of us," Gary said as he rolled his eyes, "David can tell if someone's looking at him from miles away so he knows we're here Maria. Let's reveal ourselves and go already." "None sense!" Maria pouted, "they're running because they feel like it!" Maria stood up from the rooftop and stretched with a yawn. "Man I've been crouching for so long my back hurts. Maybe you're right, I should stop this." Maria took a deep breath and cupped her hands. "HE—"

A gunshot was heard and two blonde haired adults appeared; one male and other female. The man have a gun in hand whilst the other appeared harmless.... But Gary knew their faces. Gary's blood suddenly ran cold as he recalled who they were.

The albino detective immediately sprang up and covered Maria's mouth and dragged her down onto the roof floor. "What are you—" Maria was cut off by an index finger on her lips. Gary stared into Maria's chocolate brown eyes as he leaned in. "Shhhh," Gary ordered. "Sh*t, you're more dominant than I thought. Not that I'm complaining of course," Maria giggled. Gary glared at Maria who in return went quiet and focused on Yinyu. Gary did the same. Maria, seeing the two adults in front of David, Yinyu and the other boy, gasped. "Oh f*ck is that—" "Cillian Häyhä and Ved'ma," Gary affirmed, "you read Caley's files on them right? They are not to be messed with."

Maria and Gary watched as David and the two adults exchanged words. "Shall we intervene?" Maria whispered. Gary hesitated. If they show themselves, Cillian Häyhä and Ved'ma would kill them with ease. But if they don't intervene, David, Yinyu and the other boy would die... "No. Let's wait and see what's the situation about." Gary decided, "but for now, I'm going to record—"

Gary suddenly frowned as he stared at his phone in his hand. Erwin always lecture Gary on about collecting and gathering evidence and alibis whether he's on a case. Recordings counts as evidence... Why did Gary planned to do something Erwin told him to do? Erwin have no right to boss him around and control him. Gary's face darkened before he clenched his phone tightly and slipped it back into his pocket. Dammit Erwin; forcing his views and beliefs onto Gary and bossing him around.... Gary refuse to record the video. Gary wasn't going to follow Erwin's many advices. Maria pondered at Gary's words and reluctantly nodded. It seemed as if Maria expected Gary to tell her to intervene. In the distance, Yinyu pulled out his phone and Cillian Häyhä shot the phone immediately, causing the gadget to explode shards of glass everywhere. Gary flinched.

Suddenly, David hugged the boy beside him tightly just as Ved'ma appeared with an eleven inch hunting knife in her hands. Maria shot up, only to be pulled down by Gary again. "What are you doing Gary??!?" Maria hissed, "Yinboy, Rien and David are in danger!" "We can lose our lives if we intervene," Gary shot back, "we can't go. We need to stay far from them." Maria opened her mouth to bicker but the Cillian Häyhä suddenly appeared by Yinyu's side and used a cloth to cover Yinyu's mouth and nose.

"Y-YINYU, HOLD YOUR BREATH!" David shouted. Gary loosened up a tiny bit, relieved David listened to Gary whenever he talked about his cases. David seemed to be aware of all the chloroform and sometimes even ether cases Gary told him about. Yinyu squirmed and struggled in the grip of the strong Finnish killer. However, after a while of thrashing about, Yinyu finally went still, eyes dropping and finally closing them.

Maria sprang up onto her feet only to be pulled down by Gary again. "What the f*ck are you doing?! Let me go!" Maria snarled, "Yinyu is in danger we need to help him." "Do you expect me to let you charge in and die? No! We need to stay calm and think." Gary rebutted, "Häyhä and Ved'ma doesn't seem as if they're going to kill David, Yinyu and Ryan or whatever his name is. This looks like a kidnapping to me. Look; it will make things easier. We can track them down and find their base or shelter if they have any. Maybe they have something to do with Akamai."

Gary glanced at the van, his observant red eyes trying its best to read the number plate. GB04-TOA. "GB zero four, TOA," Gary confirmed, "check for me to see if my eyes aren't damaged and remember that." Maria dithered, a really conflicted expression plastering her face and she finally glanced over at the van and nodded. "GB zero four TOA. You're right." As calm and collected Maria appeared to be, Gary never loosened his grip on Maria's wrist, knowing very well she was a very stubborn person and would break free if Gary loosens his grip on her even the slightest for a millisecond.

When Gary and Maria looked over at the scene again, David was unconscious while embracing the younger boy who was wide awake. Ved'ma exchanged words with the young boy and gestured at Cillian with Yinyu. Cillian Häyhä gestured the handgun in his hand at Yinyu's head. The young dark haired boy trembled and clenched his fists in anger before he hoisted David up and went inside the van. As soon as he got in, Ved'ma and Cillian Häyhä hopped into the front seats and the van drove off.

Gary finally let go of Maria's wrist and the former Quintessential Investigator immediately ran for the rusting metal ladders and climbed down hurriedly where she headed for the road. Her long knee-length brown hair seemed to dance in the breeze as she looked around frantically. Gary stayed on the roof, conflicted.

GB04-TOA.

Gary took out his phone and dialled a number he haven't called in a while. It took a few rings for the other side to pick up. "Oh god Gary!" Luke Aiden's voice exclaimed, "where are you right now?! Erwin's worried sick—" "I have no signal, apologies. David Moon along with Yinyu Yi and another boy got kidnapped by Cillian Häyhä and Ved'ma. Their number plate is GB04-TOA." Gary informed. The other side went quiet before Luke sighed in frustration.

"Alright. I'll start investigating on this matter. Leave this to me. Gary, go to the nearest police station and we'll discuss it there."

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

450K 8.5K 54
Raven Rodriguez has grown up a normal life with the future of the mafia looming over her back. A new guy moves to her school and seems to make it hi...
577K 15.2K 37
"Lesson one. Never cross Alexander Valentino" I pressed on one of the knives in his hand. "Lesson two. Never call me Princess!" with that I gracefull...
3.9K 211 43
Sana is the student of IT (Information Technology). Or should I say she was . She can hack every device she wants but she never try to do it because...
246K 8.9K 34
In life, we do things we regret, or that we wish we could wipe from our memory forever. At the age of 15, I didn't think I'd regret anything until I...