Curiosity // styles [ editing...

By WANDASMARVEL

"Curiosity killed the cat" "Maybe the cat is supposed to be killed" Note: this is an fictional story. No... More

Curiosity // styles
prologue; not so easy
one; idiotic detectives
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine (part one)
forty-nine (part two)
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
sixty
epilogue

forty-four

50 6 0
By WANDASMARVEL

Chapter 44

Cat

Harry and I sat on Sammy’s couch as we waited for Jo or Sammy to come home. I told them I would watch Camren and Stefan until one of them came home from work. Jo really wanted me to bond with the kids since I was their last aunt, but I don’t think Sammy appreciated the idea of me babysitting his kids for some reason.

“Cat I’m hungry,” Stefan hops onto the couch next to me. I looked at the clock seeing it was six.

“Well I’m sure your mom or dad will be home soon why don’t you wait for them?” I say.

“But I’m hungry,” Stefan repeats himself in a more whiney voice. 

“Well Mr. Hungry what would you like?” Harry asks.

“Ice cream!” Stefan screams with a giant smile on his face.

“For dinner? I don’t know about that,” I say.

“Please?” Stefan begs.

“Alright fine as long as you keep it a secret. Okay?” I say getting up and picking him up. I walk to the kitchen and set Stefan on the counter. I search the freezer for the tube of ice cream. When I find it I dish three scoops of ice cream into a bowl and hand it to Stefan.

“Yesterday after noon there was a robbery at a gas station. There were two robbers whose first names Cat and Harry were identified. The robber by the name of Harry was shot by the owner of the gas station and he was later killed by the second robber going by the name of Cat. The robbery was recorded by a customer in the store as you can see now,” I hear the TV in the other room say.

“You know what why don’t you go eat that in your room as long as you promise not to make a mess okay?”

“I promise I won’t,” Stefan smiles and I set him down from the counter. He runs upstairs to his room. I walk back into the living room to where Harry was concentrated on the Television. I look on the television screen where it shows the robbery from a poor quality camera.

“Will that get us into trouble?” I ask joining Harry back on the couch.

“Well they only know our names and from what it sounded like they think we used fake names. The only way they could really identify us is by either our voices or eyes. And identifying someone by voice is unlikely and hardly accurate and from the quality of the video it’s probably impossible for them to correctly identify our eyes. We should be good,” Harry explains.

“If you have any information on the two robbers please contact the police. Back to you Scott,” The reporter says after the video ended. Harry shut it off when they said that they were going to talk about the weather.

“When’s your brother going to get here?” Harry asks impatiently.

“I don’t know? Why are you in such a hurry?” I ask.

“Because we need to say goodbye,” Harry says.

My eyebrows knit together, “Goodbye to who?”

“The boys they’re all leaving like they had planned to a while ago, and Caleb, Rebekah, Kol and Elijah are going to Montana because they heard information about Dalia being there.” Harry says. 

“Why didn’t anyone tell me this?” I ask.

“Well when we got back yesterday you went off to bed and they told me when you were asleep.”

“You could’ve told me this morning,” I say.

“I don’t know. I just didn’t get to it okay? Now when are they going to get back?”

The front door opened as soon as Harry asked that. In walked a blonde, tall, slim and older version of Camren.

“Hi Jo,” I smile.

“Hi!” She smiles back, “Sorry it took me so long to get back. How were the kids?”

“There were good. Camren is doing homework in her room and I hope you don’t mind but I gave Stefan some ice cream. He said he was hungry and wanted ice cream.”

“It’s no problem,” She says.

“We have to go, something is going on with Caleb and we need to get back.” I lie.

“Oh right of course. Well I hope everything is okay,” She smiles before Harry and I walk out the door.

Harry and I walk to his car and begin to drive back to the warehouse. The ride there was completely silent.

“What’s wrong?” Harry asks breaking the silence.

I sigh, “Why do they want to leave?”

“I don’t know, they probably think that they can forget about all of this; try and have a normal life.”

“But they can’t and they won’t,” I say, “Their life will be a lie. They’ll be living with fake ID’s, fake names, and fake everything.”

“I think they just need a break from it all.”

“Well like Louis once told me; putting your problems aside in your head won’t do much for you. It while creep its way back to the center of attention making it worse.”

“Cat, I don’t want them to go either. But it’s their decision.” Harry says.

“But they’re my family Harry.” I say quietly, I don’t think Harry even heard me. If he did he kept his thoughts to himself because he didn’t say anything.

When we get to the warehouse, I sit in the car thinking about what will happen when I walk in there. I’ll be saying goodbye to the people who took me in, made me feel like I belong. When I say goodbye nothing will be the same. They’ll go off with their real families and Harry and I will be stuck here haunted by the memories as they have a better chance of forgetting the horrible memories we all went through. But I finally brace myself for what’s yet to come and go inside with Harry.

It looked like we caught everyone just before they were about to leave because they were standing around next to suitcases. When I saw the suitcases I realized that I was kind of hoping that Harry was lying to me about them going away- that it was all a joke- but it wasn’t and it felt like I got shot in the heart.

I think the expression of sorrow was shown because when Louis saw me he came right to me and engulfed me in a hug.

“I remember last time it was like this I thought I was going on a small road trip with Harry and I had no idea why you were saying goodbye to me like you would never see me again,” I say and force a laugh.

“Trust me Cat, you’ll see me again,” Louis says, “When you were gone I couldn’t stop missing that beautiful face of yours.”

“Promise me you’ll call Harry and I at least twice a week?” I say.

“I’ll do that as long as you keep yourself out of trouble okay?”

I nod and Louis goes to say goodbye to Harry. I walk over to Niall, hug him and say goodbye. I do that for Zayn, Liam, Rebekah, and Kol.

“So you think you know where Dalia is?” I ask Caleb.

“Yup and if she isn’t there, then someone might have seen her and we could get a big lead on where she is,”

“Caleb thank you,” I say.

“For what?”

“Well I mean it’s obvious you kept everyone’s shit together when I was gone even though you’re not exactly wanted by everyone in this room.” I say, “So thank you for that,”

“Well I did it for you. I mean in all honesty keeping everyone calm is practically your job. Since you were gone that place needed to be filled until we got you back,”

“You make it sound so sure that you would get me back,”

“I was determined to find you. No matter if it was the last thing I did.” He said.

“Cat we don’t know what we are going to face but I want you to-“

“Caleb, no don’t give me that shit. You are going to be alright,” I say, “Now get out there and kill that bitch.”

Caleb smiles and with a chuckle hugs me goodbye. I go over and stand by Harry as they all leave the warehouse. And one by one the warehouse got lonelier and lonelier until it was only Harry and I.

“What now?” I ask.

“We do what we said we would; rob a bank, change our names, get out of town and buy a house out of the city. Just like them we try to live normal lives.”

“That sounds kind of boring doesn’t it?” I ask.

“Well what else do you want us to do? We don’t exactly have a threat after us. The only one that we do have Caleb, Rebekah, Kol and Elijah are after her.”

I thought about what we could possibly do. A thought popped up in my mind, maybe it was my detective side showing but it was really an instinct. “Why don’t we help and save people?”

“What the hell are you talking about?” Harry asks.

“Well we have a car, guns, weapons and we know how to kick ass; we can help people,”

“So you mean we drive around, stay in motels; eat disgusting food from horrible diners and save people from bank robbery’s?” Harry asks.

 “That’s exactly what I’m saying. I mean it’s not anything different from our circumstances now.”

“You want me to go from shooting people and robbing banks to saving people and stopping bank robberies?” Harry asks.

“Yes,”

“And how will we do this?” Harry asks.

“Well I mean like serial killers. We take leads from detectives and figure it out ourselves. I mean from experience it takes forever for detectives to find the killer. With your experience and mine, we are smarter than a whole team,”

“You really want to do this?” Harry asks.

“Yes but only if you want to.” I say.

“Alright fine let’s find our first mission.” Harry says before walking to the basement to where Louis tracking and electronic things are.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.9K 705 15
Pasadena. A small place in the big world. A small place that hides one of the most wanted criminals in the world, the criminal wants four of the five...
60.5K 705 32
Everything Niall Horan related:) Jokes, Imagines and Short Story submission now taken;)
790 14 12
HEY GUYS! THIS IS STORY NUMBER 2 I HOPE THIS ONE IS MORE REALISTIC THAN THE OTHER ONE! IN THIS ONE I WOULD LIKE ALL OF YOU GUYS TO COMMENT WITH IDEAS...
835K 9.2K 56
I write funny, cute, and sad; basically any imagine you ask for. Leave suggestions in the comment box! I will do requests, but I will title the chapt...