♕♚An Assassin's Faith♔♛

By Lucid_fantasies_

"Life is a game of chess. You are the player and everything you could make use of is in your hands. Kill, man... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
♕♚ E⃟p⃟i⃟l⃟o⃟g⃟u⃟e⃟ ♔♛
*20 A.F Facts*
•Special Chapter: Lait's Birthday•
•Special Chapter: Maria's Birthday•
•Special Chapter: Yinyu's Birthday•

Chapter 37

23 1 0
By Lucid_fantasies_

A stolen lorry truck skidded into a manor in Oklahoma in the middle of the night where a group of men scurried out of the vehicle a few metres away from the front door like rodents. A lone man stood in front of the mansion and looked up, staring at a naked middle aged man hanging on curtain ropes outside the window, unfazed.

"Golly, our leader sure is tough." A young boy beside the man spoke up, staring at the hanging corpse, "without her, we wouldn't go anywhere! Man, she's like a money magnet; she can—" The double doors to the mansion suddenly burst open and a young pink haired girl, not older than sixteen, with stunningly silver-blue eyes was revealed behind the door. "F*ck off Liam," the girl snarled, "I am no magnet. Say that again you get split."

Liam stayed quiet. The man stared at the blind girl as she took out a cigarette and lit it. She inhaled and flicked the embers on the stub away, exhaling a trail of smoke slowly. This was the girl the gang picked up on the streets. This was the girl people the gang tried to maul. This was the girl he blinded. This was the monster who killed the leader of their gang. This was the monster who called herself a leader. Do not underestimate her.

A few more hesitant footsteps from the gang behind him came to a stop. The blind girl surveyed her sight (she tried to at least) and she gestured them inside. "Come along jackasses. Take whatever you want. We're burning this place to the ground."

With that, the ruthless girl walked out of the mansion and headed towards the lorry with little to no difficulty. Her other senses such as her hearing was on par as always when it comes to locating things. The man trailed behind the girl like a right hand man of some sort. "Any news for me?" She asked, stubbing out her cigarette in the lorry ashtray as she sat down in the front seat. "Yes. A Schuyler would like to meet you." The man informed, "a woman who addressed herself as Ved'ma. Do you know her?"

The pink haired girl let out a bark of laughter, whipping out a bottle of gin and took a swig. "From what I heard, Ved'ma is a well known hitman. She is a tough Russian woman. The Schuylers are all killers, I wouldn't trust them." The girl replied with a sadistic smile, "what would the bewitching Ved'ma want a b*tch of a bandit for?" "An assassination." The man replied.

"Let me guess; she's gonna let me kill another disgusting degenerate male." The girl rolled her eyes. "I didn't hear anything about killing men. However she brought you an airplane ticket. You're going to London." The pink haired girl narrowed her eyes, a menacing aura surrounding her. "Oh really now? What if I don't show up?"

The man slid the ticket to his boss cautiously. The ticket had a white piece of paper stapled on. The girl stared at the paper and squinted her eyes. It have a rosy red lipstick stain on; clearly a kiss mocking her to take on the assassination or else.... "Looks like I have no choice; I'll die if I don't go. Look after these b*stards will ya?" The house in front of the two was set on fire as bandits rushed out of the big building carrying goods; all shouting and jumping around in joy and excitement. "Of course I will Folisha, leave it to me."

Folisha beamed innocently. She like that stage name.

***

People weren't wrong saying Ved'ma was an attractive woman. She was feared amongst all killers and wealthy people, Folisha was sure of that. And there she was, right in front of the pink haired girl in a house. Ved'ma's golden blonde locks fell over her face and made her grey eyes bling. She had a magnificent aura around her; Folisha definitely felt like filth standing next to her even though she cannot see her that well.

"What do you want?" Folisha asked, lighting up a cigarette, "I have places to be y'know." "Folisha. I've heard good things about you," Ved'ma began in a heavy Russian accent, "to put it simply, I want a person dead. I will pay you handsomely if you manage to get the job done." "Why would you need someone like to me kill someone when you're one of the most dangerous hitmen in the world?" Folisha asked cautiously, "on par with Tsuki no Joō if not better since she died in the hands of her husband."

"Thank you for the praise. However, this target is hard to approach for me, a grown woman. You on the other hand...." Ved'ma trailed off, examining Folisha's figure. "How old are you? Fifteen? Sixteen? I can definitely see you as a killer with class because of your physique and talents when you're older."

Folisha drawn out the cigarette in her hands, exhaling the smoke from her nostrils and her mouth. "This is the good girl her mam sold her body to raise. A girl with a bright future. So, who do I need to kill?" Folisha asked. The Russian killer's silver grey eyes brightened as she slithered a photograph towards Folisha.

Folisha stared at the photograph, her half blurry vision trying its best to take in every little detail and facial feature of the girl in the photograph. Folisha may be blind but she can still see. Albeit her vision was getting worse and worse everyday but she can still see..... Yes she can.

"It's Yue Xuemei, the daughter of Mister Yue. She is a threat to me and my family as well as others. I heard she went to Finland to study under Häyhä. That's not good news." Ved'ma clucked her tongue, "I wonder if my lost son was taken away from me by the Yue family..? Never mind. I need Yue Xuemei dead. She is Hisame's daughter taken in by Mister Yue. Definitely not good news." "A girl." Folisha said, frowning a little, "huh. Okay then. I'll try my best."

***

Gaela was quite surprised to learn Brian and Rin's punishment wasn't that bad. Was it because Mr. Häyhä was feeling nice that day or was it because Gaela insisted on taking on the duo's punishment too? Who knows? "Yay we're on break!" Rin exclaimed, skipping around the agency halls happily with her blue side ponytail bouncing as energetically as herself, "we deserve it!" ''More like Mr. Häyhä banned us from infiltrating his office to get missions." Gaela said, "and it's punishment for forming a squadron without his consent."

Brain's sharp eyes trailed off to Adrienne, the newest member of their (official) squadron. Adrienne just rolled her eyes. "Hey, at least we're acknowledged by Cillain!" Rin stuck out her tongue at Gaela, "as the founder of this squad, I'm gonna name our awesome group! Any suggestions?" No one spoke up. "F*ck off," Rin cursed, "am I the only one who truly care about this squadron?!" Brian gave Rin a look. He wasn't fond of Rin cursing around Gaela.

"How about 'Grab'?" Gaela suggested, "Gaela, Rin, Adrienne and Brian." "Sounds lame." Rin huffed. "Squad Häyhä." Brian said. "What are we? His dogs? No." Rin rolled her eyes. "What is the specialty of this squadron?" Adrienne asked.

"Medical stuff!"
"Blades."
"Guns."

Rin, Brian and Gaela exchanged looks and the intelligent redhead sighed and kneaded the side of her head in shame, clicking her tongue. "We'll think of a name later!" Rin declared, "let's have some fun!" "I need to go." Brian said stiffly, "I need to talk with Aka. I'll catch up with you all." With that, Brian and the girls went separate ways.

***

"Sorry you're underage. If you're running an errand for your mum or dad, maybe tell them next time to—"

The first three words hit like a truck.

Folisha huffed before nodding and apologised. She hazily left the convenience store without her beer and cigarettes with the help of her cane. Navigating around blindly with nothing but really blurry vision, a walking cane and directions from random people was harder than she thought. "I guess these English gobdaws cares about law more than in the States. I need a cigarette to calm down." The blind girl wondered loudly.

After aimlessly meandering throughout London to familiarise herself with notable locations through blurry scenery, sound and touch (very helpful signs with Braille), Folisha headed inside a random café where she got herself a cup of coffee. Folisha headed to the counter, ordered an Americano and paid after getting money from her handbag. She then stunted off with her coffee in hand, only to bump into a girl around the same height as her, spilling her Americano on her crop top. The coffee was hot and burning but it wasn't that bad, Folisha had been through worse.

"Sorry."

Folisha clicked her tongue before glaring at the person. The girl have black hair and lifeless brown eyes and very pale complexion despite being an.... Asian...? Folisha stared at her. She was blurry but..... It's the girl in the photograph Ved'ma showed her. Folisha was certain the girl she bumped into was Yue Xuemei. Folisha's animal instincts said so.

"Gaela." A redheaded girl approached Folisha and her target with two cups of something in hand. "Adrienne," she acknowledged. "What trouble did you stir up now?" Adrienne asked in annoyance, "let's go, Rin is waiting for us in the doughnut shop."

Folisha looked at the two girls, immediately recognising the redhead. She's blurry but that aura of arrogance and nobility..... "Adrienne Le Blank," Folisha said without thinking. "Hm. What do you want from Gaela?" Adrienne asked, narrowing her eyes. "Adrienne. I spilt her coffee on her when I bumped into her," Gaela said simply, "I'm sorry. I'll get you a new cup and new clothes. Do you have time on your hands?"

Folisha get to approach her target without suspicion? It seems like Lady Luck was on her side. Folisha nodded. "You don't have to but thanks. Hey, I'm Folisha! What's your name?" Folisha asked, plastering on her friendly visage. "Gaela. And this is Adrienne." 'Gaela' said. "You look like Yue Xuemei," Folisha brought up. Gaela went quiet as Folisha smiled innocently. 

"Tsk you're such an incompetent airhead. So foolish." Adrienne scowled, "spilling drinks on a stranger and introducing yourself and I to a stranger who seems to know a bit about us already." "Nice to meet you Folisha. I am Yue Xuemei but please call me Gaela. Follow me and Adrienne. We will get you new clothes." With that, Gaela grabbed Folisha by the wrist and dragged her outside with Adrienne following close behind.

Folisha silently placed a bug she brought with her and it secured itself inside Gaela's hair without anyone noticing. She can use wiretaps to listen to Gaela and track down her location later. Folisha followed Gaela and Adrienne to a random clothing store.

Assassination attempt number one.

As Folisha scanned through clothing racks and forests of clothes, Folisha picked out two quite fashionable dresses on sale. Let's see; Adrienne Le blank wasn't around and Yue Xuemei was close by. Perfect. "Hey Gaela! What do you think? Does this look good on me?" Folisha asked.

Gaela nodded unenthusiastically. "I hope you don't mind me asking but do you mind coming to the changing room with me?" Folisha asked timidly, batting her eyelashes, "you see, I need someone to help me with the zips at the back." "Sure." Gaela said, devoid of emotion.

And so, Folisha and Gaela went into a changing room. Gaela turned her head to the wall as Folisha took her top off, pulling out a long skewer fastened on her waist coated with poison. As if like a snake with upmost stealth, Folisha positioned herself carefully before mustering all her strength and jabbed the skewer—

The changing room door suddenly burst open and Folisha pulled the skewer back and hid it behind her back in shock. Anger raged and screamed inside her gut but she kept calm.

Assassination attempt number one failed.

"There you are Gaela!" A blue haired boy in a low ponytail exclaimed as he grinned at the Asian, "big brother Brian's worried!" The boy then turned to Folisha, "and who is this? I have to admit she looks cute." Folisha irked. A degenerate male. "Hey! I'm Folisha, nice to meet you!"

"Hi! I'm Rin! I'm Gaela's girlfriend," Rin said happily. Folisha blinked in utter confusion. A girl??? Rin then proceed to wrap her arms around Gaela affectionately. Gaela however have her plain unfazed expression on as if it was an everyday occurrence. "Gaela we need to go. We're going to wait for Brian at the London Eye! I got you doughnuts." Rin said, "hurry up." "But I owe Folisha clo—"

"It's fine Gaela! The coffee stain isn't even that evident anyways. But in return may I follow along? I've never been to the London Eye before!" Folisha said with puppy eyes. "You're American..." Rin said slowly, "your accent. You have pink hair, blue eyes and you're wearing fashionable clothes. Ah, you has to be..." Folisha went quiet. She hoped Rin wasn't American and knew about the States claiming the infamous girl with pink hair and blue eyes as a threat.

"A solo tourist!" Rin suddenly concluded with a big smile, "sure!" Folisha was quite taken aback by how flighty the blue haired girl was. "Hurry up!" A voice called out impatiently from the outside. "Wait Adrienne! Me and Gaela are having a moment y'know!" "Shut up. Like I would know."

With that, Rin chuckled and dragged Gaela and Folisha out of the changing rooms, where Adrienne was waiting impatiently. "Let's go take the bus towards the London Eye!" Rin exclaimed, "of course we have Folisha, a new addition to my beautiful jewels, joining us!" With that, the four girls headed out towards the nearest bus stop thanks to Adrienne and her vast bank of knowledge.

Folisha had to admit, double-decker bus ride to the London Eye was surprisingly quiet. Adrienne and Rin were chattering and eating doughnuts a few rows behind Folisha and Gaela. Gaela remained quiet, not much of a talker with a small pack of doughnuts in her grip. The people around them were reading, using their phones or computers, listening to music and most importantly they were minding their own business.

Assassination attempt number two.

Folisha yawned before opening her handbag, retrieving a container of colourful mints. Folisha took out a pink one and plopped it in her mouth. It tasted like strawberries. "Do you want one?" Folisha asked innocently, showing Gaela the container. There's three coloured mints inside; orange, pink and white.

Orange mints have batrachotoxin inside from the golden dart frogs of the Amazonian. The poison was Folisha's pride; it can kill within seconds by paralysing the victim and weaken one's heart until heart failure. The poison only takes as little as two grains of salt to kill within minutes. Folisha needed to do a lot of luring and captivating with her charms to get hold of it from wealthy collectors and such.

The pink mints were normal strawberry ones, Folisha would eat those to show others the mints were harmless. Finally, white mints have triazolam and antimony inside. The triazolam will make the victim tired, dizzy, confused and make them hallucinate. The antimony inside will do the final blows to the vulnerable victim; it'll lead to cardiac arrest after thirty minutes.

The mint Yue Xuemei gets will determine how she die, with the exception of the strawberry flavoured mint. Folisha gave Gaela a bright smile. She's an expert when it comes to killing with drugs, venom and poison other than getting information with her glamour. Folisha exceeds in toxicology: she was a remarkable killer as well as bandit. Gaela stared at the mint container for a long while before she gave Folisha a nod and extended her hand. "Yes please, if you don't mind." Folisha gave it a shake.

A white mint fell out.

Gaela thanked Folisha, took the mint and plopped it in her mouth. Gaela took out a chocolate doughnut from her bag and handed it to Folisha. "For you," Gaela said blandly. Folisha hesitantly took it. Was it poisoned...? Gaela took out a jam doughnut and ate it. Deciding it's safe to eat it, Folisha slowly took a bite.

"Chocolates are nice," Folisha said, "they release tryptophan to help the brain produce serotonin which makes one happy. It's almost like a feeling of being in love." "You are a toxicologist?" Gaela asked. Folisha paused, realising her use of vocabulary. "Aha yeah, sorry! When it comes to my field, I'd ramble on!" "It's a good thing. Studying toxins and substances can help people...." Gaela looked at Folisha dead in the eye, her dark brown eyes droopy and tired, giving into the nightmares of the white mint. "It can save lives. It can also destroy lives. It's up to you how you want to use your knowledge and power...."

"We're here Gaela!"

Gaela opened her exhausted eyes as Rin and Adrienne stood up from their chairs and went down the double-decker bus. Gaela and Folisha soon followed. When they got out of the bus, they were a few blocks away from the London Eye. Gaela looked as tired as ever. "Let's go! Come on, Gaela we can sleep later!" Rin grinned as she dragged the girl and Adrienne off, "come on Foli! Catch up with us!" Folisha visibly cringed at the pet-name before following.

Yue Xuemei was going to die. That was easy.

"...BRIAN!!"

Huh?

Rin let go of Adrienne and Gaela as they approached a tall blonde in a dashing white suit, black shirt and a dark crimson tie. Rin rushed over to greet the boy. Folisha's heart skipped a beat but at the same time her gut screamed murder. It was a pretty boy. Is he a degenerate who toy around with women? Maybe. Even if Folisha can't see clearly, she can tell the blonde's lifeless eyes warmed up just a little upon seeing Rin and Adrienne before he set his gaze to Gaela. "Brian let's—" Rin was immediately cut off by 'Brian'.

"Gaela. Are you alright? What happened?" The boy questioned, quickly rushing over to the girl. Folisha's smile dropped. "Nothing Brian... I'm just a little tired and..... yeah." Gaela muttered as her head suddenly slanted and bashed into her shoulder. Brian's face hardened.

"How's your body coordination?"
"It's alright..."
"Any sense of unsteadiness?"
"Yeah. Right now. The floor seems to be moving."
"...Gaela. If that's the case are you scared of falling or stumbling."
"No."
"Gaela. Do you have a feeling like you're being pulled to one side when walking?"
"I do... but I pull myself back."
"....."

Brian looked at Rin, Adrienne and hovered his gaze towards Folisha. "Hello, I'm Folisha, it's nice to meet you," Folisha greeted. Brian went quiet, dark blue eyes immediately froze and Folisha couldn't help but to shiver. His face darkened and those dark cold blue eyes were screaming death. Brian held up a bunch of hand gestures. It was blurry. Folisha blinked. Adrienne immediately responded with a nod.

"Let's go and line up for the tickets for the London Eye. We're going back as quick as possible. Gaela doesn't seem well." Adrienne said as she fixed her glasses. "I'm going to get drinks," Brian said casually, eyeing Adrienne, Rin and Gaela. He then looked at Folisha. "Miss Folisha, I need to thank you for looking after Gaela and her friends. Would you like a drink?" "No thank you," Folisha replied with a sweet smile, "I'm good." Folisha won't let Brian poison her if he was a killer or a guard of some sort.

With that, Brian ran off and Adrienne as well as Rin huddled together with Gaela in a queue to get tickets for the giant Ferris Wheel of London. If she have to be honest, Folisha was a bit paranoid with the girls. They seem to notice something wrong with her target. It was a few minutes of absolute silence. Even with the chattering of strangers in the queue around them, it still felt strangely silent.

"I'm back."

Folisha flinched.

The tall Prince Charming blonde was back with a plastic bag, not breaking a sweat. He gave Rin bottled soda, Adrienne bottled iced tea, Folisha a bottle of water (unopened. Folisha can tell it's close to untouched). Just how fast was this guy?! Folisha mumbled a small thanks before she opened the bottle and took a swig. Yep, definitely water. Brian then gave Gaela a 750ml carton of....

"Milk?" Gaela yawned, eyes on the verge of shutting, "why milk Brian? You know I am fond of tea; especially matcha." "Not now Gaela," Brian said sharply, "drink your milk. You need calcium to grow big and strong. You need to stay healthy. Come on Gaela, drink up." Gaela hesitantly obeyed and downed the milk slowly, face scrunching up before she groggily blinked her exhaustion away. Rin and Adrienne watched, observing.

...Assassination attempt number two failed.

Folisha subconsciously burst the bottle of water in her hands by accident from gripping on it too hard. The water trickled down her hand and went onto Folisha's crop top. That damn blonde—! He seemed to be aware that calcium can bind drugs and antibiotics. That meant the mint Gaela ate was useless. Folisha clicked her tongue and apologised to Brian for the spilt water. "It's fine Miss Folisha," Brian said, looking at her. Brian turned to Gaela and leaned until he was at Gaela's eye level. "Gaela if you don't mind, I have to talk with Miss Folisha over here."

***

Assassination attempt number three.

Folisha have two options: get on the same capsule as her target and hug her in order to kill her with needles. Or she can kiss Gaela to force her to swallow a slow and painful poison. Or at least Folisha have to kill the blonde called Brian. He is definitely trouble.

However Folisha didn't expect the cashier and staffs to fall head over heels for the Brian and obey every order of his; Folisha get to share a carriage with Brian alone. Was he really that handsome?

Folisha stood at the far back of the glass cabin of the giant Ferris wheel, very skeptical of the tall boy with her. "What do you want me for?" Folisha asked innocently, looking around the empty glass capsule with no one but Folisha herself and Brian in awe. Soothing music played in the background of the speaker in the glass elliptical passenger carrier they were in. Brian looked away from the carriage ahead of them with Rin, Gaela and Adrienne inside. Gaela was fast asleep on Rin's shoulder.

"Gaela." Brian said, looking away from them, "what did you do to her?" Folisha batted her eyelashes and gave Brian an innocent look. "What do you mean?" "Who sent you? Why would they target Gaela? What organisation are you working for?" Brian asked. "I don't know what you're talking about, pretty boy." Folisha replied.

Folisha's animal instincts wavered as Brian approached her. "Who are you? A spy? A thief? An assassin?" He asked, "what do you want from Gaela?" Folisha placed a finger on Brian lips as she leaned in to his face, smiling. "Who knows~?" Folisha whispered with a hint of mischief, "maybe I'm doing all this in search of love and affection."

"Love?"
"Mhm. My dad left me and my mam died. I lived in Hell. I am getting blinder and blinder everyday from the injuries I've gotten from this curse they call a gift; beauty. I'm always looking for someone who I can finally rely on and feel safe with. Oh well, doesn't matter. As they all say; love is blind."
"Doing this for love... What a trivial reason."

"It may be insignificant to you but I found my Prince Charming," Folisha trailed off , trailing her hands down Brian's chest. Folisha took note it felt very firm. Brian have very chiselled features. Folisha whistled and giggled as she stared at the blonde, her failing sight locked with the blonde's blue eyes. She was an expert at making people fall for her charms. Folisha was sure Brian was going to fall for her just like every other degenerate. "And what about you?" Folisha asked, "why do you care so much about Yue Xuemei?" Brian went silent.

Folisha went on her tippy toes and she leaned in for a kiss. Brian didn't step back at all as expected. Folisha face inched closer and closer with her lips apart. Brian and Folisha's lips were just centimetres away from each other until....

Brian's hand held Folisha's other hand firmly, the hand armed with a weapon. The skewer failed to pierce through the blonde. Folisha took her hand off of Brian's chest. Brian and Folisha stared at each other.

"Hahahaha........"

Assassination attempt number three already failed. Folisha was gonna die.

Folisha can suddenly see. Her vision cleared and she was staring face to face with a demon. A fiend. A monster. Folisha immediately pulled away from Brian and got into a battle stance, grinning a bead of sweat trickled down her face. "I see. You're a talented killer like me. Are you going to kill me..?" Folisha asked, Brian remained quiet.

The duo's body moved at once.

Folisha and Brian charged at each other and Folisha tried to jab Brian and stab him with the skewer in her hand but a stiletto in Brian's grip was in the way. The two twirled, ducked and hopped about as if performing a dance of speed, passion and intensity, trying to kick and punch each other without holding back (the slow calming music in the background wasn't helping at all).

"Who are you? Who sent you to kill Gaela?"
"What do you want to know? Why do you care about Xuemei so much?"
"Why do you want to kill Gaela?"
"I'm getting paid to of course. Why else?"
"Do you have any sympathy?"
"I lost it with along with my naivety a long time ago."
"..."

The two concluded their fight with Folisha in Brian's arms just as the glass door to the Ferris wheel capsule opened, reaching the ground again. Waiting by the door was Rin, Adrienne and Gaela. Folisha took a glance at Gaela. There was no doubt she looked better than before. "What that that about?" Rin asked Brian and Folisha as soon as those two hopped off of the Ferris wheel like nothing happened, "are you two really tangoing or something back there?" Brian nodded and Folisha gave him a sceptical look before nodding too.

"I gotta go now. Goodbye! I had fun," Folisha smiled. Without waiting for a response, she turned her heel and walked away. 'Now then, my final attempt killing Yue Xuemei.... If this doesn't work then I don't know what I'll do,' Folisha said to herself. An image of Ved'ma flickered across her vision. Without her realising, Folisha found herself desperate to kill Yue Xuemei. For her own sake.

***

Assassination attempt number four.

Thanks to the bug Folisha implanted in Gaela's hair, Folisha found the perfect spot for an assassination after following Gaela's location. Folisha trekked onto the rooftop of a convenience store after hopping about from rooftops before deciding it was the perfect spot.

Folisha stared inside a restaurant. Her blurry vision just barely able to make out her target along with Adrienne and Rin. The blonde boy called Brian was nowhere to be seen. Folisha planned to bust Gaela's head off with her gun.

Folisha pulled out a Glock with a suppressor attached from her handbag. She aimed at the head of Gaela, studying her features before her fingers curled around the trigger.....

A shot that doesn't belong to Folisha was heard. She leaped away quickly as a bullet came whizzing past her. She slowly turned her head, only to be greeted with a tall blonde teen with a handgun in hand. Folisha clicked her tongue. "It's you," Folisha hissed.

"..." Brian remained quiet, eyes fixated on the pink-haired killer before he finally spoke up. "I need to get rid of you. You are trying to harm Gaela. I won't let you." Folisha put her glock down on the floor slowly and whipped out a skewer coated with poison. Folisha was never a gun person. Brian pulled out a stiletto. Is Brian more of a close range fighter? Folisha shook her head quickly. There was no use thinking.

Folisha lunged at Brian and immediately swung a fist across Brian's face, making a sickening sound of a punch. As painful as that punch looked, Brian seems fine. Absolutely fine (even with a cheek that was bruising). Folisha have to admit Brian was a skilled man. The two threw flurries of kicks and punches as well as wise dodges at an insane speed, almost like a blur. Folisha believed she had the upper hand because she have poison, needles, strings and sly little tricks up her sleeves.

Without Brian knowing, Folisha had tied his stiletto up with Kevlar string. All she need to do is to pull it at the right time to disarm him. Folisha will gain the upper hand then. The blonde man didn't seem to be aware of the Kevlar string at all, brandishing away with his stiletto.

Now was Folisha's chance.

Within a second, the stiletto in Brian's hand flew across the sky and skidded across the rooftop, opposite of where Folisha and Brian were standing. Brian suddenly paused and stared. Folisha stopped, breathing heavily. Thinking it was the perfect moment, Folisha charged, yanking out her sharpest needle coated with the deadliest poison she have. However she pulled out a long wooden barbecue skewer.

"H-Huh..?"

"Whoops. Sorry. I promised Mr. Yue I won't get Gaela into danger." A voice whispered in a mocking manner in Folisha's left ear. Folisha yelped and leaped back. The blue haired girl from before grinned as she dangled a small designer purse in front of Folisha. "My needles and skewers!" Folisha cried out. Within a second, Folisha found herself apprehended by Rin. She was fast. Folisha's deceptive strong arms lost all strength as Rin pinned it behind her back harshly. "Tell me. Who sent you here?" Brian asked, holding up his handgun and pressed it against Folisha's head. The end of the handgun was cold and Brian's fingers were curled around the trigger; unflinching and still.

"..."

This was the end for Folisha. Well, no point not answering. "Ved'ma," Folisha said simply. "Who?" Rin asked, narrowing her eyes. Brian jabbed Folisha with the handgun, urging the girl to continue. "Valeska Schuyler," Folisha said and shrugged, "y'know, Schuyler. That family of killers."

As if the topic of Schuylers brought up something unpleasant, Brian began shaking. The tall blonde who was usually composed and coolheaded began trembling, his dark blue eyes widening in a mixture of hatred, surprise and horror. He lowered his gun. "You got the answer you're looking for. Now kill me. If not, Ved'ma will come for me herself." Folisha said in defeat, lowering her head. Rin let go and grinned at Folisha, twirling a hunting knife in her hands with a big smile. "Of course!" Rin exclaimed happily as she lifted up the knife above her head to jab down harshly. The girl's blue-green eyes screamed murder as she smirked. "Farewell, Folisha."

"No. Wait."

Rin stopped in her tracks and Folisha lifted her head reluctantly. Brian hesitated. "Rin. Folisha. I mean... Hm." Folisha tilted her head, confused. "Squadron." Brian said reluctantly. "Oh!" Rin exclaimed, bonking her fist into her palm, "you're a genius Brian! Folisha, join our squadron!" The pink haired girl who thought she was on her deathbed blinked a few times. "Excuse me what?" She questioned.

"Oh she's perfect Brian! She's pretty, she's talented and Cillian can acknowledge us and take us more seriously!" Rin beamed. Folisha was lost and confused. "I don't know what you two are on about. But I'd rather die than to be toyed around with." Folisha said, pulling out the last weapon on her; a hunting knife. She twirled it around quickly and jammed its blade into her stomach.

...Only to find the knife scrunch in her gut. "W-What is this?" Folisha breathed. "It's a tinfoil knife! You like it?" Rin grinned, holding up a hunting knife in her hand. Folisha realised it was her knife. "You think I didn't notice that knife on ya? You're underestimating me. You better be glad I swapped it out; that tinfoil knife took me ages to make in order for it to look real so I can threaten people. You would've died if it was a real knife." Rin said in a matter of fact tone.

"It would be a shame for you to end your life," Brian chimed in, getting onto one knee and talked to Folisha at eye level, "I don't know what kind of life you have before this but you have a bright future ahead of you; I'm sure of it. You need to make the right decision in order to grasp onto that future."

Brian extended his hand to Folisha and for the first time, Folisha felt warmth in her chest and her heart started beating at an abnormal rate. It felt strange but nice."Just because things didn't go planned in the past doesn't mean it won't go as planned in the future. Folisha, join us. Let's make a paradise for all. Let's build a better world for everyone. Together."

The blonde teen Folisha tried to kill a minute or so ago became so attractive all of a sudden and Folisha's vision cleared for a moment. She was face to face with a prince with piercing Prussian blue eyes and luscious blonde locks in a dashing suit. His extended hand was still and steady, waiting for Folisha to held onto it as if assuring her she'll be safe with him. She took his hand and gripped onto it tightly. It was warm and firm.

'What is this feeling and warmth in my heart?
Is this what love feels like..?'

A/N: I actually have Kevlar string at home years ago but I lost it because it's too thin for my eyes to see... They're surprisingly sturdy even though they're thinner than a strand of hair :O I got it for my birthday (or Christmas) in a science set I think. It's from a friend of my parents'. It was a strange gift.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159K 3.2K 34
Meet Raven Night. She's 17. At school, she gets bullied because she's a "nerd". No one knows her past and she tends to keep it that way. During the d...
10.2K 1.2K 40
• Nothing Lasts Forever • [#114 in Action (08.09.16)] (#395 in Training) +COMPLETED+ A cup full of action, a spoonful of humor, and a teaspoon of ro...
246K 8.9K 34
In life, we do things we regret, or that we wish we could wipe from our memory forever. At the age of 15, I didn't think I'd regret anything until I...
576K 15.2K 37
"Lesson one. Never cross Alexander Valentino" I pressed on one of the knives in his hand. "Lesson two. Never call me Princess!" with that I gracefull...