The Convenient Marriage (MLB...

By KandyKate

C O M P L E T E D ✔ "Our Marriage was anything but convenient...but I'm glad I met you, Marinette..." Adrien... More

~☆♡♡~☆
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 🔞
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 🔞
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15 🔞
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 🔞
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27 🔞
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 🔞
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38 UPDATED
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41🔞
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44 🔞
Chapter 45 ⚠️🔞
Chapter 46
Chapter 47 ⚠️
Chapter 48
Chapter 49🔞
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53 ⚠️
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56🔞
Chapter 57⚠️
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60 ⚠️
Chapter 61
Chapter 62 ⚠️
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66 ⚠️
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
🔞🔞🔞🔞🔞Chapter 69 🔞🔞🔞🔞🔞
Chapter 70 ⚠️
Chapter 71 🔞
Chapter 72
Chapter 73⚠️
Chapter 74⚠️
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Final Chapter
Epilogue
The Convenient Marriage Soundtrack
The end?

Chapter 28

4.1K 158 301
By KandyKate

A/N: Early update for a belated Christmas present. Sorry about the wait guys.
I love you all! Please enjoy my art featured in this chapter!

_________________________________________

Marinette whimpered softly, her eyes squeezing shut as the morning sunlight permeated through the thin curtains of their bedroom.

The young woman yawned, her brow furrowing as she tried to remember the events of the night before.

She remembered the ring Adrien left on the bed and Marinette wasn't sure why it wasn't still with Kagami.

Marinette knew she was being foolish, but she accepted the ring without a second thought, in fact when she joined Adrien for dinner, she wore it for him.

Adrien simply glanced down at the ring on her finger, but he didn't mention anything about it through the remainder of the night.
Adrien left to be early, expressing that he had to be somewhere early the next day, and Marinette had no objectives to it.

He was a busy man, being a model, a full time boyfriend to Kagami, a part time friend to Marinette. It simply appeared he had his hands full.

She groaned, slowly turning onto her back as she had a lot of questions. She wanted to know why Kagami didn't have it. Marinette was quite snoopy, and there was always something in the back of her mind that told her there was a possibility that Kagami wouldn't be in the picture long.

Marinette gasped, covering her face as she felt almost too guilty to relish in that thought.

"No, no, no," She whispered, her cheeks growing impossibly red at the thought.

"Don't you dare." She breathed to herself, the blunette having every intention to simply stay in bed and go back to sleep.

She nuzzled into her pillow, relaxing into her bedsheets at the sound of Tikki purring beside her on the edge of the bed.

Marinette had the next few days off of work and she had every intent to essentially relax.

Luka had called her several times throughout the night, but Marinette struggled to put on a brave face to talk to him.

Even though the marriage wasn't something the two agreed in mutual love, and it was evident that Adrien continued his relationship with Kagami outside of their marriage, Marinette felt like she had an obligation to stay loyal to Adrien.

Granted, that wasn't her mindset to begin with. In fact, Marinette was unsure of what her future held with Adrien, all she knew was that she was only doing this so that Gabriel recieved jewels he was promised as a symbolic way to join their families.

Unexpectedly, Marinette had fallen for Adrien. He was kind, he was understanding, he was talented, he was funny and he saw vulnerable sides to her that she never intended to show him and he accepted her for it. He never pressured her to do anything she was uncomfortable with and he even placed himself in compromising positions just so that she was put first.

Adrien had stepped in many times, to pull Marinette out of dangerous situations.
She had been drunk, but she knew she couldn't forget the night Adrien and her other friends appeared just in time before Nick could do anything more.

She remembered that he nursed her when she was ill the following morning and even though she had been abrasive towards him, he had still gone out of his way to make sure she was okay and make her feel at home. He remained patient and kind with her, and it almost made her feel guilty.

Marinette clutched on to her pillow, her heart sinking into her stomach and her brow furrowed.

Adrien had stepped in for a second time when she bumped into Nick once more at a motel nearly an hour away from Paris. Marinette had rushed out into the rain with panic and even though it wasn't expected, Adrien had sent someone to get her home after a full night's rest and a full belly from a hotel Marinette didn't even know could deliver such luxury.

If it hadn't been for Adrien, there was a chance she would have seen Luka differently.
Her mind had already been preoccupied with her husband, it was almost hard to see through to anyone else.

Marinette jumped, her heart racing inside of her chest at the sound of a firm knock on the front door below her.
The young woman sat up, knowing that if it was Adrien he'd let himself in through the back door and Marinette wasn't expecting any company.

A subtle blush brewed on to her cheeks as she wondered if Gabriel had sent someone to their home.

Marinette climbed out of bed, pulling up the collar to her pyjama shirt so that the hickey on her neck remained hidden.
She hopped down the stairs, her heart pounding in her chest at the possibility that there was a stranger at her door.
The young woman chewed her lip, her hand tugging on to the door knob and opening it.

Her chest immediately filled with warmth and Marinette was almost sure she could feel the excitement bubbled into her toes at the sight of her mother who stood in front of the door.
Marinette smiled, immediately letting go of the door.

Granted, she was surprised that her mother randomly showed up, but that was immediately eased the moment she saw the basket of baked goods her mother had brought in from their bakery.

"Mama!" Marinette whimpered, immediately wrapping her arms around Sabine with a soft blush. It was without a doubt that Marinette missed her parents. She had been through a lot the last few days and it was nice to finally see a friendly parental figure.

"What are you doing here?" Marinette asked, subtly drawing away from Sabine with a warm smile. "Where's dad?"

The young woman glanced around her mother, her blue eyes surveying the area for her father.

"He couldn't leave the bakery during the morning rush." Sabine interjected, poking her head into Marinette's trajectory with a small laugh. "I have something for you. May I come in?"

Marinette blinked, immediately opening the door to allow her mother inside.

"Is there a special occasion that you've traveled all this way just to see me?" Marinette mused, her blue eyes remaining on her mother as she walked into her home.

"Well..." Sabine breathed, wandering towards the kitchen while Marinette followed close behind.

"I know your wedding ceremony is in two days, and I felt like I had to drop something off for you. It's a sign of good luck and wealth for your future endeavors and your life together with your new husband." Sabine explained, placing the basket on to the island table in her kitchen.

Marinette blushed, sincerely forgetting that her wedding ceremony was in a few days.

Marinette had always dreamed that when she grew up and got married she'd be massively involved with the planning and the invites, but the Agreste family had total control over the ceremony.

In fact, Marinette didn't even know what her dress looked like or how she would wear her hair and makeup. She didn't know who was invited, what food and drinks were to be served or if they allowed a dance during the reception.
Marinette was certain that no matter what, she would want Alya and her parents there to keep her sane.

Sabine carefully opened the basket, picking out a few cupcakes and setting them onto the table before she peeled the wrapping off of them.

"You brought me cupcakes for my wedding?" Marinette inquired, raising a brow as she took a seat on an island chair.

Sabine chuckled, her hands digging through the basket before she pulled out a red Chinese tradition gown with gold etched patterns. The woman placed it against the marble top of the island table with a warm smile.

Marinette widened her eyes, her heart squeezing in her chest at the beautiful gown. A small blush dusted her cheeks and Marinette reached over to brush her fingers along the material and tight stitching.

"My mother wore this dress on her wedding." Sabine explained, shifting her eyes over towards Marinette who watched the dress in awe.

"Lao lao?" Marinette asked, her fingers holding on to the dress and bringing it closer. "I'm sure she looked beautiful..."

Sabine smiled, leaning into her daughter with a soft hum. She reached over to the cupcake, carefully picking off the sleeves and lightly booping the frosting on the Marinette's nose.

"I still keep the photos of my parents' wedding in my bedroom. I didn't have a tea ceremony because your father was not Chinese." Sabine explained, her eyes glancing down at the dress.

Marinette hummed, leaning into her mother as she swiped the icing off of her nose with her fingertips.

"That's okay, I'll make Adrien wear the dress and he can do the tea ceremony." She giggled. "I mean, we're still Chinese, I'm still Chinese, he'll be accepted into Chinese family."

Sabine giggled, gingerly feeding the cupcake to Marinette with a soft smile.
"I'm sorry the dress is old fashioned, but I really wanted to see you wear it..."

Marinette gasped, holding the dress tightly to her with a subtle blush.

"No, Mama! It's not too old fashioned for me. I'd love to wear it at my wedding reception!" Marinette piped, glancing up at her mother who appeared incredibly fond of the dress.

"I don't think I'd ever want to change it, but I know once I wear it, I'll make it my own."

Sabine chuckled, it was quite possible that her heart felt warm when she envisaged her only daughter wearing her mother's dress.

Marinette wasn't sure what they would allow her to wear to her wedding, but she knew that she was going to wear this dress whether Adrien's family liked it or not.

_________________________________________

'Mama brought snacks! I saved one for you ❤'

Adrien looked at the text with a warm smile.
It almost felt like it had been an eternity and a day since he's had anything from Marinette's bakery.

It was a shame that her parents couldn't bring any of their desserts to their wedding in the next couple of days, because his father hired caterers, but Adrien knew a dish made from love when he tasted one.

The blonde locked his phone, setting it down on the table in front of him. He pressed his lips together, as the warm feeling in his chest began to fade away.

He was feeling a bit nervous, especially since he got the phone call early in the morning.

He didn't mean to leave Marinette asleep in the bed by herself, and he could only imagine that she assumed he went off to be with Kagami, but that certainly wasn't the case.

Adrien glanced down into his coffee, the warm breeze blowing through his thick blonde locks as he could vividly hear someone approach him from his side.

"I really didn't think you'd show..." Alya murmured, a small smile on her lips as she took a seat in front of him.
Adrien sighed, offering Alya a warm smile as he offered her the cup of coffee that sat beside his own.

"I mean, it's not every day that your wife's stranger friend calls you and asks to talk." Adrien laughed, a subtle blush rising on his cheeks as Alya accepted the cup of coffee and moved it closer towards her.

The brunette tucked some of her thick hair behind her ear and she pushed her glasses up the bridge of her nose.

"You'd say that we're estranged to not care about each other, right?" Alya inquired, lifting the coffee mug to her lips so she could blow on the liquid.

Adrien furrowed his brow in response, the male shaking his head lightly as he twirled the coffee mug in his digits.

"I mean, it's true that we don't know each other but I wouldn't say that I don't care about you. You're an important person to Marinette, and I wouldn't want anything bad happen to you-"

"So you only care about my wellbeing when it comes to Marinette?" Alya questioned, immediately interjecting Adrien's explanation with a raised brow. The young woman brought the mug up to her lips where she took a careful sip.

Adrien remained impassive, his eyes narrowing at the other as he attempted to formulate a better explanation in his head.

"Yes and no..." he replied, the male glancing down at his drink briefly.

"Yes because if something bad were to happen to you, it would completely shatter Marinette. No, because I genuinely think you're a great person. I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to you either way." Adrien lifted his mug and took a quick sip of his coffee.

He ignored the burn in his throat, as it almost seemed like Alya's gaze was a lot more heated.

"I would love to know you better if you'd give me that chance. I mean, I'd love to know why Marinette adores you..."

Alya chuckled, placing her mug down onto the table as she placed her elbows on the table top and glanced at Adrien firmly.

"Do you understand the concept of boundaries, Adrien?" Alya asked, her eyes remaining fixated on his facial expression as Adrien added a bit more sugar to his coffee.

"I completely understand," Adrien replied, dipping his spoon into his drink before he began to mix the sugar.
"Why? Have I said something to you that may have crossed an unspoken boundary?" Adrien questioned, perking a brow as he remained completely composed despite being a nervous wreck on the inside.

Adrien grew more and more curious of Alya's intentions, but he knew there had to be a reason for it.

Alya wouldn't just call him and ask him to meet up because the sun was out.
Alya remained still, her bottom lip sliding between her teeth as she hummed in thought.

"When I was fourteen, I lost my virginity to my ninth grade teacher. He was always interested in titillation, and for some reason the rush of the taboo was something that revved his engine every time he saw me," Alya explained, the lines under her eyes deepening at the memory.

"I know students shouldn't be sleeping with teachers, but he never had a boundary or a line to cross when it came to me, in fact I don't even think he even asked. I just did what he pitched. That was it..."

Adrien furrowed his brow, his fingertip resting on the handle of the spoon. His stomach grew a bit sick at the thought, and he didn't want to become angry at Alya's story. The last thing he wanted to do was create an awkward atmosphere, especially because she was Marinette's best friend, Nino's girlfriend and a mutual, he'd be around her a lot.

"Your teacher sounds like a creep," Adrien deadpanned, removing the spoon from his coffee and settling it on the napkin beside the mug.

"I'm really sorry that it turned out that way - but I don't know why you're telling me all of this."

Alya rested her hands against the table, her pinky grazing the warm glass of her coffee as she paused.

"He may have been a creep, but he taught me things about myself that I never knew..." Alya explained, her eyes lowering as she allowed silence to envelop them briefly.

"I learned that I was perturbed when it came to my relationships in life. I could never lead a normal one because I was always in it for the thrill. I don't always take what's in front of me. If I'm given an inch, I go for the mile. I don't do things normally and I'm not good at communicating, but I know how to push buttons when it comes to showing someone how I feel, or to teach a lesson."

Adrien perked a brow, his eyes moving back towards Alya with inquisition.

"And you think I'm good as a pawn for a plan you've not told me yet? What makes you so sure that I'm on board?" Adrien asked, his heart squeezing in his chest at what Alya could have been proposing.

"Because you're trust worthy." Alya replied, his shoulders slumping at the thought of the many times Marinette was able to rely on him and pull through.

"In the brief time that I was able to know you, you've shown me that you are reliable." Alya's voice trailed off, ignoring Adrien's confused expression.

Adrien pressed his lips together, unsure of what to say. The male simply reached for his cup, pressing it to his lips so that he could take a careful sip.

"-- it's one of the reasons why one of my friends are in love with you," Alya murmured, her voice growing small.

Adrien widened his eyes, breathing in abruptly from the sudden confession, and the hot coffee sucked into the back of his throat uncomfortably.

Adrien spat some of his coffee out, his chest heaving as he coughed, unable to process what he wasn't sure he heard right.

He grabbed the napkin, pressing it to his lips as his eyes watered and his green eyes glanced up at Alya who seemed totally perplexed at his reaction.

"Wait, what?" Adrien asked, his voice hoarse as he tried to compose himself. "You said one of your friends was in love with me?"

Alya sighed, her eyes rolling as she couldn't believe how dense he was. From the look in Marinette's eyes when she was in his light, from the blush on her freckles and the words she spoke of him, Alya couldn't understand why Adrien couldn't see it before.

"You're telling me you haven't noticed?" Alya inquired, her finger looping back into the handle of her mug.

Adrien blinked, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand as he couldn't recall meeting any of Alya's other friends. He knew she had some at the bar that she worked, but he wasn't sure if he actually had a proper conversation with any of them.

Perhaps they were a fan?

Adrien didn't know what to make of any of it.

"I-I haven't..." he admitted bashfully, reaching up to rub the back of his neck.

"I've been so preoccupied with everything, I didn't stop to take notice of anyone that could have been looking at me in that way."

Alya glanced up at him, pressing her lips together as she promised Marinette she wouldn't tell Adrien her feelings, but she didn't promise Marinette that she wouldn't drop hints to his own realisation.

Adrien brushed his fingertip against his cheek, the blonde curiously running through the remnants of his mind of all the people he's met, but he couldn't figure them out for the life of him.

"S-So..." Adrien prompted, leaning closer towards Alya with an inquisitive look. "Which one of your friends is it?"

Alya glared at him, grunting as she face palmed herself with frustration.

"I swear, I've never met such a dense twat in my life." She laughed, shaking her head at Adrien's deadpanned expression.

Adrien sighed, crossing his arms as he leaned into the seat he was settled in.

The blonde simply rolled his eyes, ignoring Alya's laughter.
Alya had to have been teasing him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

210K 4.4K 21
Marinette Dupain-Cheng is forced to marry an anonymous man out of her parents arrangements. Only to find the anonymous man is Adrien Agreste. It was...
Scream 4 By JJ

Fanfiction

7.9K 103 6
Dylan Prescott daughter of Sidney Prescott has a tragic past just like her mother. She didn't knew her father and barley had any friends besides her...
389K 8.1K 52
*WARNING: THIS STORY IS UNEDITED! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!* UNEXPECTED TWIST! STAY CALM AND JUST READ! One day Reyna is confronted by childho...
47.7K 1K 1
Reading the message over, I cringed and shook my head. I sound way too desperate. I sighed and went to delete the message, but nearly had a heart att...