Better together (a clace fan...

By little_squirrel_234

Jace mysteriously is found dead at the entrance to the institute. Clary is so upset. What happens when he mys... More

Characters
This cant be happening
Feeling better
First day back to school
The institute
Grant
The day it happened
The greenhouse
Takis
School
The fashion show
A big suprise
The calls
A very busy day
Payback
The trip
Telling everyone
Girls night
A day with jace
Leaving for Italy
Italy
Prank wars
The next day
Dreams and Promises
Moving day
The note
Feeling sick
I hate the flu
Where am I?
I need you
The rescue
Recovery
What do I do?
a new friend
Some huge news and of course
Dress shopping
The beach
A day at the beach
Clary's day
A wedding problem
The wedding
The honeymoon
Herondale manor
Back to New York
He wants me back?
The castle
Coronation day
The missing cup and sword
The faerie court
Telling some big news
Questions
The letters
Whats it gonna be?
Shadowhunter academy
Picking out the nursery
How?
Please jem?
Who did this?
2 days
Running out of time
I'm coming Clary
A sleeping clary
Waking up
Going Back to New York
A disney marathon!
She's coming
The bet
A surprise
New and old aquaintances
The truth comes out
A werewolf problem
Poor Wolves
A wolf prison
The auction
A plan
A visitor
The interview and photo shoot
The Jace Journal
Going back to the castle
In the begining
Go home!
Ignored
Logans birthday
Ascension Day
Jerk
Looking for clary
Lightwood family dinner
Sneak peak
Protect her
Vacation
Graces announcement party
Grace leaves
It hurts
Parabatai
The dinner
The horse show
News from mom
The questioning
Camping
California
Queen for a day
The beach
Donuts and birthday presents
Tags
Sorry guys
Alices birthday
Aniversary
Going home
Meetings
Isabelle and Simons wedding
Sorry guys
Siblings
King for a day
Jace gets sick
Jaces Birthday
A declaration
I need an answer
Telling the family
a few days before the wedding
Jonathan and alices wedding
Good news and bad news
Lucy
Baby
Mom
Coming home
Bad news
Grace
Grace meets family
MAGNUS!
Bad news
Graces return party
Neice or nephew?
Los angeles
Seeing family again
Meeting with Aubrey
Meeting with the king and queen
Pack
Midnight
Dont hate me please
Parents
What to do?
Shoping with ash
Work
Introductions
Night
Family
London
Gender reveal
Christmas eve
Christmas
Jaces turn
Meeting with a verlac
Missing
Party
Doctors visits and shopping trips
The day before
Home again
Disneyland
A break in
Hawaii pt. 1
Hawaii part 2
Alice leaves

1,2...345

135 5 5
By little_squirrel_234

My planned c-section is tomorrow and I am scared. My c-section is scheduled for 7:30 am. Grace and Braxton are at school and I am sitting on the couch in my bedroom. I know mom and other people tell me it's no big deal and that I won't feel anything but it still scares me. Maybe I'm just overthinking it. It just freaks me out having my babies cut out. I know I will be alright, I trust people at the shadowhunter hospital. I know there will be a silent brother, a warlock, and an iron sister in the building. Jace and I made sure to make that clear that at least one of each needed to be in the building just in case. The protection spell will be done right after they are born.

I need to be packing my duffle bag because an hour after dinner I am spending the night at the hospital. I am just too worried about what will happen tomorrow. The door opens and Jace walks in. "Hey, wheres your bag," he asks. "Not packed. Come sit" I say and pat the spot next to me. He comes and sits beside me. "I'm just, I'm just worried about what will happen tomorrow morning. I know everyone tells me there's nothing no worry about but I do. I'm scared Jace" I tell him. "It's going to be alright clary. If you want we can have the iron sister, warlock and silent brother in the room with you" he says. "I don't know Jace. I mean, I trust the ones who will be doing it but it's just scary to me, being cut open you know" I say. "I understand clary. It's scary to me too. I don't want to put you through that so that's why I proposed making sure there is a select brother, iron sister, and warlock all in the building. But look, I've made sure you will be safe. I promise you will be, I would never let anything happen to you. Are you still sure you don't want me in the room" he asks? "Yes. I am sure" I say. "Alright. But Braxton, Grace and I will be waiting in the waiting room for you and our babies, clary" he says. "I have no doubt that you will," I say.

"Let's go pack your bag," he says. I go into the closet and start packing a duffle bag with normal clothes and maternity clothes. I will need both since I will be staying at the hospital for a few days I was told. I make sure to pack a toothbrush and toothpaste too.

"You just stay here and rest clary. Here's your sketchbook if you want it. I will come to get you when it's dinner time" Jace says. "Okay," I say. I sit back down on the sofa Jace always makes sure to take care of me and make sure I'm safe. I draw some designs and outfits for Herondale designs.

After a while of coming up with designs for work, Jace comes back up. "Are you ready to eat?" he asks. "Yeah," I say and slide off the bed. He takes my hand and I waddle across my room and down the stairs. "So apparently Alice and your mom have been writing to each other and your mom told her that apparently, you can only have liquids like soup the night before so that's what we are having apparently" Jace informs me. "Alright," I say and we walk to the dining room where Grace and Braxton are waiting. "Hi, mommy," they both say. "Hey, guys," I say and sit down. "Are our brothers and sister coming tomorrow?" Grace asks. "Yes, darling. Tomorrow your brothers and sister will be here" I say and lay my left hand on my bump protectively. Yes, my c section scares me but the feeling that my three babies will be here excites me. "I can't wait" Grace squeals. "They will be here before you know if guys," I say. I eat my bean bacon soup and grace and Braxton giggle and talk to each other. "Eat your dinner you two" Jace tells them. "Yes, daddy" Grace says and eats her grilled cheese. They get grilled cheese and soup while I just get soup. Man, this stinks.

"You," I say to the servant boy standing against the wall like he does every meal in case one of us needs them. "Yes, your majesty," he says looking at me. "I need you to get me some more water, please. And send Oliver in here too" I say. "Yes ma'am," he says and leaves. "I hate being on a soup and water diet" I whine. "It is just for tonight," Jace says. "Yeah, but I won't get breakfast tomorrow until after my C-section," I say. "What's that mommy" Grace asks. "That's how your baby brothers and sisters will be born tomorrow. It will be a little more different than how the two of you were born" I tell them. "Oh," he says Oliver comes back with the same servant and the servant brings me my water. "Oliver, I need you to go up to my bedroom and get my red duffle bag for me," I tell him. Oliver is one of the only few workers at the castle allowed to go into mine and Jaces room alone. He nods and leaves the dining room.

We all finish our food and Oliver brings my bag down. "Do you two want to come with us to drop your mommy off at the hospital?" Jace asks Braxton and Grace. "Yes, daddy" Grace says. "Charlotte, you are in charge until we get back," Jace says. She nods and the four of us leave the Castle grounds. "Are nana and papa and unca alec and unca Magnus coming?" Grace asks. "Maybe, I am not sure Grace," I say. We walk the rest of the way to the hospital and I am brought to my small hospital room. "We are sorry it's not much ma'am, but I hope it will do," a young girl says. "This will be fine," I tell her. She nods and leaves us in the room.

"Will you be alright without us?" Jace asks. "I will, I will miss you three but I will be alright. It is better I spend the night here so we don't have to wake up at 6:00 in the morning to get ready and come here" I tell him. I sit on the hospital bed. "I made sure to put a book in there as well as one of your sketchbooks," he says. Jace says and gets the book and sketchbook out of the bag for me and sets it on one of the tables in the room. "I love you, mommy," Braxton says and gives me a hug. I hug him back. "I love you too buddy, take care of your daddy and sister for me while I am stuck here," I tell him. "Yes mommy," he says. "You both behave for your daddy alright," I say to both of them. "Yes, mommy," they both say at the same time. I hug them both. "I love you both, so much," I tell them and kiss their little heads. I hug Jace. "I will be lonely without you" I whisper. "I will be lonely without you to my love" he whispers. He squeezes me a little tighter and then releases me. "We will be back tomorrow morning right after breakfast, I promise. I love you clary, we will see you tomorrow" he says. I nod my head and say "I love you too. Now head on home before it gets too dark."

Jace gives me a kiss and takes the kids' hands and heads home. I grab the book and see what he packed for me. It's Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets. I smile at the book he picked I go ahead and get ready for bed and get under the sheets. I open the book and read until I am tired and go to bed.

Jace POV

I find the girl that brought us to clary's room and pull her aside. "No one outside of this hospital is to know clary wanted to do this on her own. Am I clear" I demand. "Y-yes s-sir" she stutters. "Good," I say and go back to grace and Braxton who is talking to some people and take them home.

When we get home it's already 8:45. "Alright you two, go get ready for bed," I tell them. "Can you come to tuck us in daddy?" Braxton asks. "When both of you are ready I will," I tell them. They go into their rooms and I help them get ready for bed. "Daddy, when will mommy be able to come home," Braxton asks. "Buddy we just dropped her off," I say. "I know, tomorrow I mean," he says. "Not for a few days. We can go see her every day though" I tell him. He yawns. "Okay daddy," he says. "Go to sleep little prince. I love you" I say. "Love you too daddy," he says. I turn off his lights and shut his door.

I go to Graces' room and make sure she is all covered up. "Roo," she says. "What," I ask. "Roo. I need her. I can't sleep without her" grace says. "Where is she baby, I'll get her for you," I ask. She points across the room a stuffed bunny. I grab the bunny and notice it's the one clary and I picked out for her when she had just turned a year old and sent it to her. How have I never noticed she kept this little stuffed bunny? I hand her the bunny and she holds it close to her. "Do we have to go to school tomorrow daddy?" she asks. "No Grace, school has been canceled for tomorrow due to your brothers and sister being born," I tell her. "Yay," she says. "Go to sleep my princess," I say. "Love you, daddy," she says. "Love you too, Grace," I say.

I turn off her lights and go up to my room. I get ready for bed and lie down and stare up at the ceiling. I miss clary, I know it has only been a few hours but its quiet without her. Angel, please protect my clary. I don't know what I would do without her. I grab her pillow and hold it tight against me and fall asleep.

"Jace" I hear softly. I look around the room. I am in the Herondale manor. "Jace" I hear again. I walk around and see my mom sitting on the sofa in the living room. "Come sit with me Jace," she says.

I sit next to her on the couch. "My wonderful Boy. What has you so worried" she asks. "I am just worried about Clary. I don't want her to end up as you did. Dying, I mean. I can't raise all five kids on my own. Heck, I can't rule the shadow world without her" I say. "I understand Jace. I will stay with her tomorrow morning and make sure nothing bad happens to her. I know what she means to you" she says. "Thank you," I say.

"How are Grace and Braxton," she asks. "They are good. Excited to meet their new siblings" I say. "That's good, I wish I could have gotten a chance to give you a sibling too," she says. "I miss you, mom. Why don't you come to see us" I ask? "I wish I could. It is not as easy as you think asking the angel to graciously send you down so you can briefly see your family" she says. "Oh, alright," I say a bit disappointed I may never get to see my mother in the mortal world. "I should go now. I love you, Jace. I promise to be with clary tomorrow morning" she says and gives me a kiss on my forehead and hugs me. I hug her back. "I love you too mom. I'm glad I got to see you again" I say. "Me too Jace. Just remember I love you" she says and disappears. 

Clary POV

I wake up to a knock on my door. I open my eyes and a girl walks in. She is probably a nurse. "Good morning Queen Clary. Did you sleep alright" she asks. "Yes, thank you," I say. "That's good. Go ahead and get changed into this hospital gown and get ready" she says and hands me a bag. I smile at her and go into the bathroom. I open the bag and find a yellow hospital gown. I brush my hair and my teeth and put my hair up in a bun. I slip on the hospital gown and go back out to the room.

The silent brother comes into the room and checks me over and makes sure everything is still alright with me and my babies. The girl who woke me up comes back in. The silent brother faces her and she nods her head. "Are you ready ma'am?" she asks. I nod my head. "Follow me then," she says. I follow her down the hall. "I am hungry," I say. "We will let you eat afterward. Whatever you want" she says.

"How are you feeling," she asks. "Tired but ready," I say. "That's alright, you will have time to rest afterward," she tells me. We walk into a room and she tells me to lie down on the bed. A doctor comes in. "Alright Queen Clary, are you ready," she asks. "Yes," I say. "The silent brother said you are all good to go as well as your babies," she says. I nod my head. "Alright, I need to give you the rune," she says and opens the back of my gown and puts the rune on the lower part of my spine. "Alright lie back and we can get started," she says. I lie down and she lies a sheet over my legs and moves the hospital gown up showing my large stomach. I can feel my lower body become numb. "I need you to be very still for me alright," she asks. "Okay, " I say.

She puts something over me so I can't see what she is doing. "Ready," she asks. I take a deep breath. "Yeah, let's do it," I say and she looks down. I can't feel anything for a while and I just stare up at the ceiling. I feel something pushing on me. "How are you holding up," she asks. "I'm alright," I say. "Good, we are almost there," she says. I stare at the ceiling before I hear scissors cut something. "Baby number one is a boy," she says and sets him on my chest and I wrap my arms around him. "Ryan," I say. "I'm sorry," she asks. "His name is Ryan," I tell her. "Beautiful," she says. She looks back down and continues. A nurse comes in and the doctor tells her what she needs to know about Ryan and another nurse takes him away from me. I watch her walk off with him and I immediately miss him. "Baby number two is a girl," she says and hands me, my baby. I take her and hold her to me. "What's her name," the nurse asks me. "Amelia," I say. She smiles and writes it down. I hold my Amelia a little longer before we are separated. Like with Ryan, I miss having Amelia in my arms.

I wait a few more minutes. "Baby three is a boy. Congratulations Queen clary" she says and hands me, my baby. I take him and hold him to me like the other two. My beautiful boy. "What's his name ma'am," the nurse asks. "Hunter," I say. The doctor stitches me up and the silent brother and iron sister come in. The iron sister smiles at me. It's the same one who did Braxtons. I smile at her and hold onto hunter. His eyes are closed. They do the spell and I hold each of my babies and they put protection spells on all my babies. "They are all healthy babies," the doctor tells me. I smile at her. "Let's get you four back to your rooms so you can sleep. I know you must be tired. You woke up at 6:30" she says.

Someone is able to move me to my hospital room. My three babies are moved too but they are moved in rolling portable cribs. I reach over and stroke Ryan's little cheek. "You should rest now your majesty," a nurse says when she comes in with Amelia. "Alright, but just for a little while," I say. She walks out and I slide my eyes and eventually fall asleep.

I wake up to feeling a warm but calloused hand caressing my cheek. I open my eyes and see Jace sitting on the edge of the small hospital bed. "Hi, Jace," I say. "Hey clary, how are you feeling," he asks. "I'm alright. So are our babies" I say and look over at them. I sit up. He walks over to them and looks down at our three babies. He looks back at me and his eyes light up. "These are ours clary. All ours. We made them" he says. I giggle. "Yes Jace, we did. They are all ours" I say back. "Grace and Braxton are waiting in the hall. Your parents and the others are coming later, they are at the castle now" he says. "Let them in," I say. He opens the door. "Grace, Braxton, you can come in now," he says and the two kids come in. "Mommy," they both say and run over to me. "Shh, inside voices guys. You might wake the babies" I warn. "Sorry mommy" they whisper. I reach over and take Ryan out of his crib. All three of them look at me holding the baby. "This is your new brother Ryan," I tell them. All three of them look down at him. Grace and Braxton with love and curiosity, and Jace with love. "What do you think guys," Jace asks. "He is wittle, daddy," Braxton says. "He is, he will get as big as you two one day," I say. Their faces light up. They both go over to the other two sleeping babies and look over at them. "They both are little too mommy," Grace says. "They are, but they will all three get bigger. You need to be careful with them right now guys, they are babies and can get hurt really easily" I warn them. "Yes, mommy," they both say. Jace picks up the girl and holds her. "What's hers name," Braxton asks. "That is Amelia, Braxton. She is your little sister. Ryan is your little brother" I tell him. He smiles. Amelia is now wrapped up in a pink blanket.

We all spend time together and Jace ends up holding Ryan and putting Amelia back in her crib. Meanwhile, hunter sleeps soundly the entire time and I completely forget he is here. "Mommy your tummy is gone," Grace says. "What do you mean," I ask. "It's not big anymore. Your tummy disappeared" she says. "It sure did didn't it honey. But you want to know why" I ask. She nods her head. "Its because as soon as your little brothers and sisters came the angel didn't think it needed to be big anymore," I tell her. "Cool," they both say.

I smile and mom and Luke come in. "Hi," they both say. "Hey," I say. "How are you feeling," Luke asks. "I'm fine, really. A little tired, since I was woken up at 6:30 but I'm okay" I say. My stomach growls and I realize I haven't had anything to eat. "Hey Jace, can you go get me something to eat," I ask. "Yeah sure," he says and walks out. "Me too" Grace and Braxton both say and follow him out. "Well, there goes my family," I say. "I told you it wasn't as bad as you thought it would be," mom says. "It really wasn't. I didn't feel anything" I agree. "I knew you wouldn't. The rune probably made it a lot easier too" she says. "It did. Where is Carson" I ask. "He wanted to go see Jonathan so we took him to the Morganstern manor then came here," Luke says. "Do you want to hold them?" I ask. "Yeah," mom says. I sit on the edge of the bed and pick up Amelia. I hand her to mom without getting up. "What is her name," she asks. "Amelia, Amelia rose Herondale," I tell them. "That is so pretty," she says. I smile at her and pick up Ryan. I pass him to Luke. "That is Ryan, Ryan Michael Herondale," I tell them. "I like that name," Luke says and looks down at Ryan.

A baby starts crying and I realize who it is. "Oh," I gasp. I pick up Hunter and hold him close to me. "I am sorry I forgot about you baby boy," I say and kiss his head. "This is Hunter, Hunter David Herondale," I tell them. "Its definitely not a common shadowhunter name. I like it though" Luke says. "My little hunter," I say and look down at him.

After a while, Jace, Braxton, and Grace come in. They are each holding boxes. "Here," Jace says and hands me a box. I open it up and see mac and cheese. I shift Hunter in my arms and manage to eat my macaroni and cheese. "Who is that mommy," Grace asks. "Grace, this is your other little brother Hunter," I tell her. "Do you want to hold him while I eat Jace?" I ask. He looks at me. I hold Hunter out to him and he takes him from me.

"I didn't see Alice this morning. She never came in" Jace says. "She was still at the Morganstern manor when we got there to drop Carson off," Luke says. "Maybe she is just going in late or something. I'm sure she is fine Jace" I tell him trying to reassure him. I'm sure Alice is fine. "Did Tessa and Jem come?" mom asks. "Yeah, they all came. They are staying in the Herondale manor. Tessa is a Herondale too so they are staying there. There are plenty of bedrooms for them to stay in" Jace says. "Who is watching over the London institute," mom asks. "Someone is staying there for a few days to keep watch. I used an excuse to bring them here. They all wanted to meet Ryan, Amelia and hunter too" Jace says.

Ryan starts crying. I put my now empty box on the floor and take Ryan from Luke. "Shh, it's okay baby," I tell him. "It's going to be hard with three at once," mom says. "I know, I could hardly do one at a time. Now I have three at once" I say.

"You want to go to the park," Jace asks Grace and Braxton. "Yes daddy," Braxton says. The four of them leave to take the kids to the park. I shift Ryan in my arms and feed him since he hasn't eaten in a while. When I feel he has had enough I set him in his bed and grab Amelia and feed her too and I do the same to hunter afterward.

I fix myself up and continue to hold onto hunter. I look over and Amelia and Ryan are fast asleep. Hunter closes his eyes and shortly after falls asleep. There is a knock on the door. "Come in," I say and Simon and Isabelle come in. "Hey," they both say. "Hey," I say back. "How are you feeling," Isabelle asks. "I feel fine, really," I say. "That's good. How are the babies" Simon asks? "They are good. They just fell asleep. Protection spell was done right away" I say. "That's good. Where are Grace, Braxton and Jace" Simon asks. "They went to the park, mom and Luke left with them," I say. "What about school," Isabelle asks. "Everyone is out of school for the day, due to the babies being born" I explain. "That makes sense," Isabelle says. "Where's Dylan," I ask. "Alec and Magnus are watching him for the day. I think they said they would probably be by tomorrow" Simon says.

"Do you guys want to hold one of them?" I ask. They both nod. I set hunter down and hold out Amelia. Simon takes her. "I wanted the girl" Izzy whines. "She's not going anywhere," I say. I hold out Ryan and Isabelle takes him. I take hunter back. "What are their names," Isabelle asks. "The girl is Amelia, Amelia rose Herondale. The boy is Ryan, Ryan Michael Herondale and this little one is Hunter. Hunter David Herondale" I say. "Ryan is so much smaller than Amelia," Simon says. "Is he?" I ask. "He looks it," Simon says.

Isabelle sits in one of the chairs against the wall. "So when is the party," she asks. "Party," I ask. "You always do a party when a new prince or princess is born" she clarifies. "Oh, gosh Isabelle I don't know when it is. They were just born. Maybe in a few months when they can get a little older and some time to get used to the castle and everyone" I say. "Just let me know when it is," she says.

"I want you two to be Amelias godparents," I tell them. "Really," Simon asks. "Yeah, I can't think of anyone I think would be better as her godparents than you two," I tell them. "Thanks," he says. Isabelle squeals and gives me a one-arm hug.

They stay a while longer then leave. A nurse comes in. A different one than usual. "Bonjour reine clary," she says. "Bonjour. Est-ce que tu parles un peu anglais" I ask. Thank god I took French in high school. "I do but it's not as good and solid as my French. That's where I came from you see" she says. "I see, that makes sense. I took French in high school so I know some" I tell her.  "How are you feeling," she asks. "Alright, I think I need to pee," I say. She hides a smile and nods. "You want some help," she asks. I swing my legs over the side of the bed and stand up I stumble and she straightens me so I don't fall. She helps me to the bathroom and I do my business in private and she helps me back to the bed once I'm done. "Should I leave the babies in here or take them to the nursery?" she asks. "Leave them here. I'm hoping my brother should be here soon I would like for him to get to meet them before they are taken away" I say. "Yes, ma'am. Is there anything I can get for you or the babies" she asks. "I don't think so," I say. "Alright, make sure you feed them," she says. I nod and she leaves. She comes back and hands me a marker. "Here is a marker, you can write the names on the cribs," she tells me. I take the marker and write the names of my babies on the cribs and hand the marker back to her and she leaves.

Jonathan and ash come in. Ash is holding zillah. "Hey," I say. "Hey, how are the three" ash asks. "They are good. They are sleeping for now" I say and I look over and both boys are awake. "Just kidding, the boys are awake," I say. They walk over and look at them. "They are so little," ash says. "Yeah, Simon said Ryan is smaller than Amelia," I say. "Who's who," Jonathan asks. "This is Ryan," I say and point to Ryan. "This is amelia," I say and point to Amelia. "This is hunter," I say and point to hunter. "Ryan does look a little small" ash agrees. "He'll grow, just like zillah," I say. "Can I hold one?" Jonathan asks. "Go for it, just be careful" I say. He picks up little hunter.

"Guess what aunt clary" ash asks. "What," I ask. "Zillah can walk," he says. "Really," I ask. "She took her first steps last night. She kinda wanted and made herself do it on her own. She pushed up using the dining room chairs and stood up and she walked a few steps to Alice last night. When she let go of the chair we all got down because we all thought she would fall and needed to brace her but she didn't. She kept her balance and walked 6 steps to Alice" Jonathan explains. "That's awesome. Little zillah is growing up" I say. "Yeah, has Jace, Braxton, and Grace come," Jonathan asks. "Yeah, they were here earlier. They went to go to the park so I can have some time to take care of my babies you know, but they haven't been back" I say.

Hunter starts to cry and I take him from Jonathan. "Can you get up?" Jonathan asks. "Yeah, I can get out of the bed and walk around. I am still pretty much numb from the waist down so I need help if  I am going to walk around" I answer. He nods in understanding. "So you can't feel this" ash asks and sits on my legs. "Ash get off my legs. To answer your question yes, I can. I just can't feel some things, like when I stand up the nerves in my legs go numb and it is hard to stand up properly since I am still on pain killers, I also couldn't feel some other things probably" I say.

"Where was Alice this morning? Jace said when they left the castle she wasn't there yet. Is she okay" I ask. "She is fine. She just went in an hour later than she usually does but she said she will stay late too to make up for going in late" Jonathan says.

"What will you two do without her when she is gone for several months at a time," I ask. "It will be hard but we will figure something out. I know we will both miss her" Jonathan says. Ash nods in agreement. "I think it will be lonely at the castle without her too. I know I will miss her" I say.

I look down and hunter has his eyes closed but I don't think he is asleep yet. I set him down in his portable crib. Jace comes in. "So, you finally decided to come back," I say. "Yeah, I figured I'd stop back by and visit," he says. "How kind," I say.

Ash sets Zillah down on the floor and picks up Ryan. "You got him," I ask. "Yeah. He is so cute and small" Ash says looking down at his new cousin. Ryan looks up at ash and latches on to his finger. "What do I do" ash asks. "There's nothing you can do. If he is as strong as Grace was when she was born you are stuck until he lets go" I say. At least that is how it was with Grace when she was a newborn. "You think he's as strong," ash asks. "Well, considering it looks like your finger is in a death grip and his little hand is red from squeezing so tight, I'd say probably," Jace says.

"So where did you go, Jace, when you disappeared for a while," I ask. "I went and took grace and Braxton to the park for a little while. Then we went back to the castle and I dropped them off with Charlotte and Christopherand came back" he says. "Oh," I say. "Have you seen mom and luke" Jonathan asks. "Yeah, when I got here they were out in the hallway talking to an iron sister. She is pretty, black hair orange eyes" Jace answers. "Yeah, she is the one who did the triplets protection spell

I think of something and I cringe at just the thought of it. "It is going to be hard tomorrow when the pain meds wear off," I say. "You are on pain meds," Jace asks. "Technically no, but when I was brought back to my room the warlock, Serena, used a spell to help with the pain," I tell him. "Can they not give it to you tomorrow?" my brother asks. "I don't think they will. They probably want my body to get over it on its own" I answer. "That's stupid," he says and I laugh. "How long will you be here, aunt clary," Ash asks. "I think they told me a few days," I tell him. "That stinks. Were Grace and Braxton born here" he asks. "No, Grace was born at the New York Institute and Braxton was born at the Castle. Both of them were natural born" I tell him.

Zillah looks up at ash and says "ah, ah". "What," Jace asks. "She wants me, that's how she knows to say my name. I guess she can't put together the word ash so she just says ah" Ash explains. "How do you know she wants you and not just anyone," I ask. "She will look up at me and sometimes reach her hands up for me to pick her up," Ash says. "That's so cute. So is that her first word" I ask. "No, her first word was dada then ball then ah, for ash," Jonathan says. "Ball," I ask. "She has a toy that rolls balls down a little swirly slide thing and one day she held up a yellow ball and said ball" Jonathan explains. "Interesting," I say. "Ah," Zillah says and puts her hands up and looks at ash. "Hold on Zil," ash says. He sets manages to get his thumb out of Ryan's hold and sets him down in the crib and he picks up zillah as she wants. She wraps her little arms around his neck. I smile at them.

"We should go. I want to go see Grace and Braxton before we head home. They are very cute clary" Jonathan says. "If you must go, I guess I will see you guys later," I say. "I'm glad they are finally here," Ash says. "Me too, love you clary," Jonathan says. "Love you two too," I say. They both leave my hospital room.

"I heard back from Laura. She is going to take the position thankfully. She needs a few weeks to get her house sold and things in order and she can move into the institute with her family" he says. "That's good. I am glad she is going to take the position and be head of the institute" I say. I know Jem and Tessa don't want to be the head of the institute but I know they could do it and Jace and I trust them. "Yeah, I think so too. I gave her until the end of the month and they are going to move in and take over" he tells me. "That sounds good," I say.

"I gotta pee. Help?" I ask. "You want me to help you pee," he asks. "No, I need help getting to the bathroom. My legs are like 50 percent numb so I need help so I don't fall over" I say. "Oh," he says. I swing my legs over the bed. I stand up and am able to hold my balance for a few seconds and before I am able to fall over Jace catches me. I smile gratefully up at him. I walk to the bathroom and he pretty much makes sure I don't fall over. I do my business and try to walk to the door. I fall with a thud. Jace walks in. He sighs and shakes his head. He helps me up and walks me back to my bed.

My mom and Luke walk back in, this time with Carson. "Hey, Carson," I say and cover back up with the blankets. "Hey Clary, why are you here," he asks. "The babies were born this morning. You have two new nephews and a new niece" I tell him. "What's that mean," he asks. "It means we have three new members to our big family," I tell him simply. "I like them then," he says.

"Here clary" mom says and holds out my retainer case. I pout. I left it at home on purpose. I don't want to wear them, simple. "Mom, I left it at home for a reason," I tell her "Do they not fit or something," she asks. "I don't know," I say. "Well, have you tried them," she asks. "No," I say. "Clarissa Adele, I spent a lot of money I did not have on those braces. That money will not go to waste" she says. I look to Luke for help and he just shrugs. I snatch the retainer case and try on the retainers. They don't fit. Why am I not surprised. "They don't fit," I tell her. "When you get some time come to New York and I will take you to the orthodontist. You have to get them refit Clary" she says. I groan.

I hear a little whimper and I look over and see its Hunter. I pick him up and cradle him in my arms. "You are so needy you know that," I tell him. I kiss his little head. The three of them stay for a little while then leave. "I am so happy they are finally here and we can have three more new additions to our family," I say. "Me too Clary, me too. I love our babies already" Jace says.

Alice walks in. "I had to come to see the babies. I told Jonathan he was in charge of the castle for a while while I was gone. He looked horrified" she says. I giggle. "So what have you been up to," Jace asks. "I made sure the triplets' room is being built and made and decorated and all. I found the perfect three caregivers to be their baby sitters" she says. "That great. Who are they" I ask. "Their names are Austin, Liam, and Carolyn. I think they should be great with the three babies. They each just joined the staff recently and have been waiting to be assigned a job. Austin is from Texas, Liam is from Australia, and Carolyn is from Italy" she tells us. "Alright, as long as you think they are suitable they can take care of the three" Jace says. She smiles and nods.

"Who is that," she asks. "This is hunter. In the cribs are Ryan and Amelia" I say. "Can I hold one?" she asks. "Go for it," I say and she picks up Amelia. "She's so cute," she says. "Jonathan thought so too," I say. "Hello, little Amelia. I'm your aunt Alice. I'm so happy you are finally here" she coos. I smile at her.

"She is so precious guys," Alice says looking lovingly at her new niece. "I agree," Jace says. "Would you ever had another one, Alice?" I ask. "Another baby? Of course, I would" she says.

She loves on Amelia and hangs out with the five of us in my little hospital room before she decides to head back to the castle.

All three babies start crying... at the same time. "Why do you think they are crying," Jace says and picks up Amelia. "They are probably hungry. Its been a few hours since they last ate" I say. "Then take care of my kids," he says. I roll my eyes and mess with my hospital gown and feed hunter first since he is already in my arms. I feed Amelia next then Ryan. The three fall asleep after.

Tessa, Kit, and Jem come in. "Hey, guys," I say. "Hey Clary, how are you," Tessa asks. "I'm great," I say. "Where's Mina," I ask. "When we were leaving the manor Jonathan and ash were getting back to their house. They offered to watch Mina, Logan, and Emily while we came here" Jem says. "That was nice," Jace says. Tessa looks a little worried. "I know they can take care of them. Grace and Braxton go over there all the time. They took care of Zillah as a newborn, Mina will be fine too" I tell her trying to reassure her. "I know they will," she says.

"What are their names" Kit asks. "The babies? The boys are Ryan and Hunter. The girl is Amelia" I answer. "Can we hold them?" he asks. "Sure," I say. I hope they sleep through this. Jem and Kit hold Ryan and Hunter and Tessa holds little Amelia. "They are so cute Clary," Tessa says. "Thank you. I think so too" I say.

"Where is Grace and Braxton" Jem asks. "They are back at the castle," Jace says. "Have they seen and met their new siblings yet?" he asks. "Yeah, we came first thing this morning after breakfast and they got ready. I let them come to breakfast in their pajamas this morning. So now they like it when it is just me with them at the castle and Clary is not around" Jace says smugly. "Oh, I bet they do," I say and roll my eyes. "Which one is this" Kit asks looking at my baby in his arms. "That Kit is Hunter. Hunter David Herondale" I answer. "I like that name. What is Amelia's' full name" Tessa asks? "Amelia Rose Herondale" I answer. "That's pretty," she says. "I picked her name out and Clary picked the boys names out. That's how we did it in the past too" Jace tells them. "Wow Jace, I would have never have thought that you picked out Grace Anneliese and Amelia Rose," Jem says. "Yeah well..."Jace trails off. "I like it, you are good at that" Jem compliments. "Thanks," Jace says.

They hang out here with us and the babies for a little while longer then go back to the Herondale manor or somewhere. "I'm tired, Jace. Do you mind if I take a nap" I ask? I don't want to go to sleep while he is here if he wants to spend time with me. If so I will stay up if that's what he really wants. "Of course love. Go ahead and rest. I will stay here with you and the babies and I will be here when you wake up" he says. I smile gratefully at him. "Thank you, Jace. I love you" I say and give him a quick kiss and lie down. I cover myself up and close my eyes and fall asleep.

The triplets are here! Yay!!

Do you guys like the chapter?

Do you like the names I picked out?

What do you think of when Grace and Braxton met their new brothers and sisters?

What was your favorite part of the chapter?

I actually did a bunch of research for this chapter so most of the things about what clary did are real.

(Look what I found with Amelias name. I couldn't find ones with the boys names)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.3K 809 21
[COMPLETED BUT SERIES DISCONTINUED] [BASED OFF THE BOOK SERIES. NOT THE TV SHOW] Clarissa Fairchild and Jace Herondale, the happy perfect couple of t...
297K 6.4K 31
Clary Morgenstern is living with her dad Valentine Morgenstern, Jonathan her brother is living with their mother Jocelyn Morgenstern. It's Clary's 16...
692 36 18
Some say that you have a destiny, a destiny that no matter how hard you may try, you can't escape. What's written is written and there is no avoidin...
263K 7.2K 106
For a year Clary Fray had felt something was missing from her life. She felt the weight of memories and stories which were locked away from her. Unti...