Flaws and All

By xxlovetoreadxx

"Her daddy always taught her about the Bible and God but he never prepared her to meet the devil, also known... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty- Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty- Nine
Forty
Fourty-One
Fourty-Two
Fourty- Three
Fourty- Four
Fourty-Five
Fourty-Six
Fourty-Seven
Fourty-Eight
Fourty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty-Seven
Fifty-Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sixty
Epilogue

Fourteen

9.8K 571 143
By xxlovetoreadxx

"Bailey...Baileyyy, wake up. Your phone has been blowing up." Josiah says while shaking her.

"I don't wanna talk to anyone." She groans loudly.

"I know but you have to. Here take your phone."

Turning over, she takes the phone and answers it without looking at the caller I.D.

"Where are you, young lady? We've been outside your front door since 8:00am and it's almost 10!" Jamal says loudly.

"I'm on my way, daddy. I didn't want to be alone so I slept at a friend's house."

"Hurry up!" He says before hanging up.

"Josiah, can you take me home?" Bailey asks as she wipes her eyes.

"Of course, love. I washed your clothes already and they're in the bathroom. I did the best I could with the blood stains.. I'll step out while you get dressed and breakfast will be waiting on you if you're up to eating."

"Thank you and no food please."

Josiah leaves the room while Bailey goes into the bathroom. She strips out of his clothing and puts her own clothes on, gagging when she thinks about her brother's blood on her. Calming herself down, tears run down her face as she brushes her hair and puts it into a bun.

"Be strong, Bailey. You're going to be okay." She tells herself as she looks into the mirror then wipes her face and grabs her phone before meeting Josiah in the living room. "I'm ready."

Josiah just nods his head and intertwines his fingers with hers as they walk to his car, getting inside. Bailey lets her seat back and closes her eyes, softly smiling when she feels Josiah's hand massaging her thighs.

"Do you need me to come inside?" Josiah asks as he parks the car in front of Bailey's house.

"No, it's fine. I'll text you later."

Before Bailey gets out of the car, Josiah hugs her tightly and rubs her back. "You're going to be okay. I'm here for you beautiful." He says into her ear.

As soon as Bailey gets out of the car, her mom is side eyeing her and her dad has his arms folded. She walks past them and opens the door to her apartment, bucking her eyes when she sees the wine bottle and glasses sitting on the table.

"So you've been drinking?" Her mom asks.

"I'm not up for your crazy questions today. Have y'all talked to the police already?"

"Yes we have, they basically didn't tell us anything so could you tell us what happened babygirl?" Jamal asks as he hugs Bailey tightly.

"I'm so tired of repeating this. He came here with a gun shot wound to the stomach covered in blood and before he died he told me that he loved me and to watch over his unborn."

"That's just like his irresponsible ass to die and leave his kid without a daddy. His hoe ass girlfriend won't be able to take care of that baby by herself."
Benita scoffs, rolling her eyes.

"Get out." Bailey says softly.

"What?" Benita and Jamal say in unison.

"Mama, you gotta get the FUCK out ASAP!! Daddy, you can leave too because you're allowing her to disrespect your dead son as if he asked to be shot!!! I can't do this right now! GET OUT!!!"

While Bailey's parents look at her with wide eyes, she calls Kim who doesn't answer any of the ten calls. Her parents continue to stare at her while she runs to her room, changes clothes, and grabs her keys.

"Bailey, your mother didn't mean those things she said. She's just hurt right now... please stay here so we can talk." Jamal says as he grabs Bailey's arm.

"No daddy, she's not hurt at all. Y'all can leave.. we'll talk another day because I'm just not in the mood today. Maybe tomorrow!"

"Jamal, quit lying to that girl. She's not dumb. She knows I'm not hurt about Jerrico's death. Everyone knows that I didn't want kids. She wants us out so bad then lets go!"

"That's the shit I'm talk about daddy!! She doesn't care about nobody but herself! You're gonna have to make a decision! Me or her? You've lost one child and I'm sure you don't wanna lose the other. I'll let you think about it and call me tomorrow with your decision."'Bailey says as her parents walk out of the door.

After slamming it in their faces, she continues to calm Kim's phone as she gets into her car and drives to her brother's house. Once she makes it, she finds Kim loading suitcases, clothes, and shoes into her car.

"Kim! Didn't you see me calling you?? I'm sure you heard about my brother's death. I was gonna call you myself but I've been too sad. I'm so sorry." Bailey says while hugging her. "Where are you going?"

"Yes I saw the calls and me too. Bailey, I'm moving back home with my parents. I can't take living in this house without him. I-I need therapy or something. I just can't stay here." Kim explains as tears roll down her face.

"I understand, but you can't leave. Jerrico told me to watch over his unborn. I can't do that if you move back to St. Louis. Please Kim, stay here! You can move in with me and we can go to therapy here. Please... I've already lost my brother! I don't want to lose my best friend and niece/nephew."

"I'm sorry, Bae...I love you girl, but I can't. Here are the keys to the apartment. All of the rent is paid up for a year so you have time to get all of your brother's things. His car keys are also inside of the house on the table."

"What about the funeral, Kim?" Bailey folds her arms, now upset about how selfish her so called best friend is being.

"Just text me the details and I promise, I'll be back. I just need some time to mentally prepare myself for it. I'll keep in touch."

Kim gives Bailey the apartment keys then gets into her car and drives off, kicking up dust on her way out of the parking lot. Using the keys to open the door, Bailey steps inside the house and immediately breaks down. She feels as if her life is falling apart and she has no one.

"H-Hello?" Bailey sobs, answering her phone.

"Wassup lil mama.. how did everything go with your parents?" Josiah asks sympathetically.

"Terrible and I just came to my brother's house to see Kim. I found her putting her things into her car because she just left to go back to Missouri. Now I've lost my brother, best friend, and niece/nephew all within 72 hours. I don't know if I can do this Josiah."

"I'm so sorry, Bailey. I'll always be here for you. What can't you do?"

"Live." Bailey sighs loudly.

"You really need to talk to a professional. I've been there and the only thing that helped was seeing a therapist. You have so much to live for! You just don't realize it and although things seem bad right now, they'll get better. Take it from me... right now, I think you just need a shoulder to cry on. You can come to my place or I'll come to yours."

"Thank you, Josiah. I'll come to your place. Send me your location and I'll be over after I shower."

"Alright love and bring a bag. You're spending the night." Josiah says before hanging up and sending the location.

Bailey pulls herself together and locks Jerrico's apartment, promising herself that she'll come back to clean it out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50K 1.2K 53
Lennon Holt is a witty, feisty 20 year old who's trying to live a normal life like everyone else. Except, she's the Princess of Orelia, the last heir...
1.1M 45.4K 47
πš πš›πš’πšπšπšŽπš— πš‹πš’ πšœπšŽπšŸπšŽπš— " π˜ͺ 𝘧𝘰𝘢𝘯π˜₯ 𝘒 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘴𝘰 𝘨𝘦𝘯𝘢π˜ͺ𝘯𝘦 "
23.3K 2.3K 11
An idol's image is one that can be easily fabricated and faked by their own company. So what happens when the kpop soloist Y/n Y/l/n is forced into a...
300K 22.8K 35
Sabian 'Sire the Don' Savage is in the prime of his career, as his music is reigning on the top of the charts and the media will do anything to get c...