The Convenient Marriage (MLB...

By KandyKate

C O M P L E T E D ✔ "Our Marriage was anything but convenient...but I'm glad I met you, Marinette..." Adrien... More

~☆♡♡~☆
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 🔞
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 🔞
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15 🔞
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 🔞
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27 🔞
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 🔞
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38 UPDATED
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41🔞
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44 🔞
Chapter 45 ⚠️🔞
Chapter 46
Chapter 47 ⚠️
Chapter 48
Chapter 49🔞
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53 ⚠️
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56🔞
Chapter 57⚠️
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60 ⚠️
Chapter 61
Chapter 62 ⚠️
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66 ⚠️
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
🔞🔞🔞🔞🔞Chapter 69 🔞🔞🔞🔞🔞
Chapter 70 ⚠️
Chapter 71 🔞
Chapter 72
Chapter 73⚠️
Chapter 74⚠️
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Final Chapter
Epilogue
The Convenient Marriage Soundtrack
The end?

Chapter 21

3.3K 149 167
By KandyKate

DISCLAIMER: I don't hate Kagami! Yes, in this story she is a massive bitch, but its completely fictional, it's not canon. Kagami is actually a sweet bean in the show.
    Just because shes a bitch here doesn't mean I hate her or her character. I just needed someone who had a strong chem with Adrien already to make it more believable that Adrien would date someone like that. Kagami was the perfect fit.

Also here I featured art drawn by Breamart on Twitter! Check her out!       

Without further ado, please enjoy the chapter.

_________________________________________

              Café des Deux Moulins

Marinette had been unfamiliar with it up until a few days ago. She was well aware that this was Felix's hotspot for his well coveted rendezvous while Marinette was out studying or working, so that she could return home and make dinner for him like a trained housewife.

The food wasn't that bad, in fact Marinette never really knew that she enjoyed coffee with sugar since she had tried her first cup. It wasn't too bitter and had just the right amount of sugar in it. The blunette sat still, her hands holding on to the mug as her blue eyes remained fixated on the tobacco counter.

Her fingers tapped the mug gently and Marinette tried to imagine the kind of woman that would work the counter that just so happened to catch Felix's eye. Marinette wondered if Felix's whore preferred to spread her legs on the finest silk at the most expensive hotels, which would always explain why Felix could never pay for groceries or any of their basic necessities.

The blunette wondered if the tobacco counter just wasn't who she was, perhaps the tramp had gotten so bored with her Joe schmo life that she craved the attention of a man in a relationship who would throw money from his wallet so that she could bathe in jewels all the while fucking him, purposely getting knocked up so that she could trap him with her.

Marinette gripped on to her mug, anger flooding her veins as her eyes moved away from the vacant counter. Her orbs followed the waitresses as they worked the bar counter, serving the very last few consumers that came for a last minute bite.

She couldn't help but wonder if any of these women happened to be the one Felix knocked up. The blush rose to her cheeks and she sighed, feeling completely defeated.

She knew that Felix would fuck anything that walked. He had become an entirely different person in her eyes.

The blunette brought the mug to her lips, taking small drips as she didn't even realise that her drink was nearly finished. She pressed her lips together, glancing down at the bottom of her cup.

She had just nailed an incredibly important interview with the chance of a lifetime!

She couldn't allow herself to wallow in her own self pity. She needed to be happy for herself. She was allowed to feel happy for herself.

What Felix did was fucked, but it was also in the past.

She hadn't seen him in quite a few years, she had been stuck on him coming back and couldn't move on. If Felix were to come back, she wouldn't be sure what to do, besides puke.

She needed to let him go entirely and move on. Despite being married to Adrien, she wanted to solely focus on Luka who had come into her life. He had taken an interest in her, and seemed genuine about her.

She sighed, running a hand through her hair as she had felt so much inner turmoil, she was sure that she was going to crumble at any moment. It almost felt as if the world was on her shoulders, like she didn't have control of her own life.

The blunette placed her mug down, her hand digging into her back for her phone. She pursed her lips, her heart sinking the moment she was acknowledged that she had completely lost track of time and had low battery.

She immediately stood up, her eyes wide as she had completely missed her train.

"Shit!" Marinette cursed under her breath, pulling out a couple of bills to set onto the table. Marinette pulled her hoodie over her head with a grimace. It would have been her own fault for letting Felix get into her head.

The blunette shivered, stepping out into the rain with an evident grimace. She immediately rounded a corner, stomping her feet into the ground as she seemed to underestimate the volume of rain that poured mercilessly down on her.

Marinette would have taken the initiative to walk back home, but that would have taken her hours. She'd most likely get sick at that point, and the last thing she wanted to do was worry Adrien who would alarm his entourage.

She bit her lip, standing at a bus stop to cover herself from the rain. She was faintly aware of her phone buzzing in her pocket signaling it's upcoming demise and Marinette knew that if she didn't call Adrien that night he would have a mental breakdown.

Hell, Marinette was sure she was about to have a mental breakdown herself. She was cold, and she needed a place to stay.

She quickly pulled out her phone, scrolled through her contacts, and pulled up the only number she could think off the top of her head. She phished out a pen from her purse, and held the cap between her teeth before she scribbled down the digits on her palm.

A small groan emitted from her throat the moment her phone screen shut off. She sighed, glancing up at the sky as the rain droplets landed gracefully on to her skin. The droplets tangled into her lashes and for a brief moment.

Marinette was okay with just laying down and dying. Anything that had absolutely anything to do with Felix or her newly cursed last name Agreste, was always such bad news.

Marinette was growing tired of the shitty luck that she was inhibiting lately.

Would it be too much to ask to crawl under a rock?
Possibly. At least then she'd have a place to sleep at night.

With a heavy sigh, the young woman crossed her arms, inwardly melting at how uncomfortably clingy were clothes were now that she was completely soaked. Perhaps sleeping at a bus stop wouldn't be so bad.

She shook her head and turned, trying to keep herself warm as she walked down the empty and dark street to find the nearest phone or the nearest motel.

_________________________________________

Adrien sighed, the rain pummeling against the sealed balcony door inside the master bedroom. The blonde sat on the edge of the colossal bed that he and Marinette shared, he carefully tucked his leg beneath his haunches, and he glided his thumb across the inside of his lip.

He attempted to blink away the fatigue, but it was to no avail. His eyes remained on his laptop screen as he scrolled through his father's website.

After Kagami had stormed out, Adrien didn't have an appetite for anything. He wanted to reach out to her and perhaps mend whatever they had left, but he knew the better option was to just leave her alone.

His father was holding a fashion event the following night, and Adrien wasn't sure if Kagami was allowed to attend as his guest. The press, as well as his family members, already recognized Marinette as his wife.

The last thing he wanted was to turn his life into more of a public spectacle than it already was.

In fact, Adrien was sure that the only ones who knew of his lengthy relationship with Kagami aside from Nino, Marinette and Alya, were just Nathalie and his father.

None of his family members outside of his home even knew Kagami existed.

The male sighed, running his hand through his hair as he hoped a simple email to his father would suffice. At least to ask his father for permission before deciding to ask Kagami to be his guest at the event.

"Do you think I'm trying too hard?" The blonde asked, his green eyes maneuvering over Tikki, who sat by Marinette's pillow. The feline glanced up at Adrien, her whiskers flailing forward before she yawned, turning away from him completely.

Adrien sighed, averting his gaze back to his laptop with a defeated sigh as he opened a new email, to compose a message to his father.

"Yeah, I thought so too..." The male began to press his fingertips against the keyboard.

The blonde jumped, his soul nearly Jumping out of his skin the moment the heard his phone ring. Adrien felt his heart race as he nearly forgot that he was expecting a phone call from Marinette.

The blonde quickly picked up his phone, his eyes narrowing at the caller ID.

"The... loft?" He mused, his brow perking up as he quickly glanced at the cat who ignored him. He pressed his finger into the green button and pressed the phone to his ear.

"Hello?" His voice was soft and inquisitive in case the person had the wrong number.

"Hey." Marinette replied on the other line, her voice fading out slightly from the other line.

"Marinette," Adrien mused, his brow furrowing. "Where are you? Are you okay?"

"I'm alright," Marinette replied. "I... I lost track of time and I missed my train. It's pouring outside, and I went to the nearest hotel I could find."

Adrien frowned, his heart squeezing with worry.
"Wait, you missed your train?" He asked, his hand running through his hair. "How are you expecting to get back home?"

"I'm not sure," Marinette sighed. "I'm just incredibly tired and cold. The guy who works the counter here at this hotel was nice enough to let me use the landline, but when I get my phone charged I'll make sure to call you."

Adrien reached down, pinching the bridge of his nose as he knew that worrying too much would only drive her away.

"S-So what are you saying?" Adrien asked, his voice remaining as calm as he could possibly have it. "You're not coming home tonight?"

There was a pause on the other end, before Marinette spoke up.
"Y-Yeah. I'm just going to check into a hotel, and I'll just get my phone charged and call you once I get a room."

Adrien sighed, feeling completely deflated.
"So, are you going to stay where you're calling me from then?" He asked. "I don't know if I'd be able to sleep, knowing that you're wandering out in the rain within a city that's miles and miles away."

"I-its okay," Marinette reassured. "There's no vacant rooms here, so I'm going to have a look around, and when I find something I promise I'll call you."

Adrien felt his heart sink into his stomach and he clutched on tighter to his phone. The male glanced out to the balcony doors, his eyes widening at the sight of thunder.

"Marinette, please be careful." Adrien hushed, his voice dropping low.

"I will, Adrien. Please don't worry about me," there was a soft quiver in her voice as she spoke to him. "I'll call you soon, okay?"

Adrien hummed briefly.
"Alright. I'll talk to you later." He paused, his eyes narrowing as Marinette hung up the phone and the line went dead.

Adrien pressed his lips together, his left hand tapping against the edge of his laptop relentlessly.

"Not worry?" The blonde mused, pulling up his search on to his home screen. "Yeah, that's definitely not happening. She could kill me later."

_________________________________________

"S-So what are you saying? You're not coming home tonight?"

Marinette sighed, her hand clutched on tightly to the phone as she couldn't bear listening to the worry in his voice.

She had been careless with her time, and up until she had accidentally got caught up in her thoughts and missed her train, she would have had a pretty successful night.

Marinette contemplated asking if there were any vacant rooms. The hotel was a bit gaudy, and Marinette was afraid she'd wake up with a couple bites on her ankle, and perhaps she'd end up bringing some little buggies home to chew on Adrien's ankles.

However, anything at that point would have been better than the rain.
"Y-Yeah. I'm just going to check into a hotel, and I'll just get my phone charged and call you once I get a room."

Marinette glanced up at the man who ran the desk, an uneasy feeling washing over her as he leaned against the counter.

A shiver ran down her spine, the lines underneath her eyes deepening as she recognized that face as none other than the man who attacked her that night in the club.

She watched Nick as he ran his tongue across his top lip, and Marinette was sure that sleeping in the rain was definitely the better option.

The blunette quickly glanced away, hearing Adrien's fatigued sigh on the other line. She almost felt fear to have her back turned, leaving her vulnerable to the creep who eyed her from behind.

Marinette had been so drunk that night she had nearly forgotten what he looked like.

She was being incredibly negligent yet again and she was now left with two options:

Option one was to run out as fast as she could if he ever approached her.

Option two would be to punch him and take her chances.

Either option she couldn't see ending well.

"So are you going to stay where you're calling me from then?" He asked. "I don't know if I'd be able to sleep, knowing that you're wandering out in the rain within a city that's miles and miles away."

Marinette frowned, her heart sinking at the thought of Adrien staying up all night once more because she was being careless.

She didn't want to be anyone's burden anymore, but at the same time Marinette needed the help, but was too obdurate to ask or seek it.

"I-its okay," Marinette reassured. "There's no vacant rooms here, so I'm going to have a look around, and when I find something I promise I'll call you."

"Marinette, please be careful."

Her heart skipped beats every time she heard him speak to her. She bit her lip, her grip still growing tight on the landline phone.

"I will Adrien. Please don't worry about me," her voice quivered, panicked sinking in as she could vividly feel Nick's eyes on her. "I'll call you soon, okay?"

There was a soft pause on the other line before Adrien replied.

"Alright, I'll talk to you later."

Marinette felt her chest grow tight. She didn't even allow Adrien to speak another word before she hung up. She gripped on to her purse, her anxiety bubbling through her veins she was almost sure that she was going to pass out.

The blunette turned around, about ready to storm out of the lobby, when she heard it call her name.

"Marinette," Nick murmured, rounding the counter so that he was behind her. "We never got a chance to finish our dance the other night."

Marinette widened her eyes, her heart dropping at the memory of his hand squeezing around her neck and the sound of her sobs, begging him to stop.

She glanced down at the ground, her mind screaming at her to ignore him and continue on her way.

She wasn't sure how long she was standing there for, but she felt like she was standing there long enough for her legs to become numb.

"What do you say we continue? In fact I could clock out and-"

"Fuck off," Marinette interjected, her voice sharp as a knife. "We won't be finishing anything tonight." The blunette trembled, her fists clenched at the memory of what he did to her constantly running through her mind.

"Take no for an answer and fuck off." Marinette exhaled, quickly pushing through the doors and running out into the rain.

Marinette didn't care where she was going, all she knew was that she needed to get away from him. She hugged herself, her sweater clinging on to her body uncomfortably.

The rain never let up, and Marinette found herself getting soaked once more.

"Marinette!" Nick called out to her, his voice fading out into the rain, but appeared to not stop him from reaching out to her.

Marinette began to panic, her heart racing painfully in her chest as she willed her feet to move faster. The young woman flinched, nearly jumping out of her skin as she witnessed a flash of lightning lit the entire sky, before it settled with a loud boom that felt as if it was radiating throughout the ground.

Marinette clung on to her purse, her heart squeezing painfully as she could hear footsteps through the rain.

The blunette was incredibly terrified, her chest heaving as she was now running, her toes tingling as adrenaline began to pump through her veins.

She had started to become frantic, her fingers gripping so tight on to her purse that her knuckles turned white. If she had to, she'd be ready to use her purse as a weapon.

Her eyes widened, her arms quivering as the footsteps only grew more and more close. Whoever it was behind her picked up the pace, approaching her rapidly no matter how much she tried to run away.

She cursed herself, tears stinging the edges of her eyes as she inwardly scolded herself for not taking the help that Adrien offered her in the beginning of the day.

"Leave me alone!" Marinette cried, her knees growing weak as the young woman picked up the pace in an attempt to outrun him. Whenever she ran, the footsteps only grew more and more rapid as if they were running too.

"Please!" Marinette pleaded, the sound of the rain quickly drowning out her voice as she tried to reason with the person following her.

She was afraid to look back, fear gripping her bones, as Marinette was terrified that Nick was going to grab her. She was alone this time, the streets were empty and, despite being sober, Marinette was worried that she wouldn't be able to fight him off so that she could stop him from doing what he wanted to do with her.

Marinette rounded a corner, her cheeks growing red as the rain stained her skin. The blunette paused, her heart racing rapidly. She blinked slowly as she glanced at a dead end.

Her eyes lowered, fear and anxiety gripping at her so strongly she was ready to pass out. Marinette stared at the wall ahead of her, fear sinking into her eyes as she could spot a shadow standing behind her.

Marinette closed her eyes, tears streaming down her cheeks as the shadow reached out and grabbed her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.1K 720 40
Model meets Instagram influencer and dancer, it's already hate between the two, can they find love? will they find love? Even better, will the arran...
126K 2K 45
A 16 year old girl named Madison lives in New York but one day her mom got a new job out in California so they have to move out there but she moves n...
8.3K 150 8
"Babyမင်းကကိုယ့်ရဲ့မြတ်နိုးရာလေးမလို့မင်းကိုဘယ်လိုနည်းနဲ့မှအထိခိုက်မခံနိုင်ဘူး...မင်းအတွက်ဆိုအသက်ပါပေးရဲပါတယ်ကွာ" ...
389K 8.1K 52
*WARNING: THIS STORY IS UNEDITED! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!* UNEXPECTED TWIST! STAY CALM AND JUST READ! One day Reyna is confronted by childho...