♕♚An Assassin's Faith♔♛

By Lucid_fantasies_

"Life is a game of chess. You are the player and everything you could make use of is in your hands. Kill, man... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
♕♚ E⃟p⃟i⃟l⃟o⃟g⃟u⃟e⃟ ♔♛
*20 A.F Facts*
•Special Chapter: Lait's Birthday•
•Special Chapter: Maria's Birthday•
•Special Chapter: Yinyu's Birthday•

Chapter 19

45 3 24
By Lucid_fantasies_

The lifeless electrocuted corpse of a corrupted businessman hung limply on a street lamp, dangling in the breeze for all to see. Screams, shouts and howls of alarm and agony can be heard from the bystanders as multiple people dial 999 and shriek bloodcurdling screams at the operators whose trying to comprehend what's going on.

The most valued spy of the Agency walked away from the scene rather calmly, whipping out her sunglasses, brushed strands of her pastel pink hair away and wore the glasses along with a victorious smirk. "Brian will surely love me now," Folisha hummed, "that's five hundred and twenty one lives ended - the digits of my beloved's birthday!"

Before Folisha can daydream her future with Brian together while blindly making her way to the agency in the café by the Tower Bridge, a phone call with the ringtone of Adrienne screaming 'IDIOT' repeatedly rung. Folisha snapped her out of her trance. With her infrared vision thanks to Lydie Wang, she got her phone out of her handbag in ease and stared at the screen, listening to the ringtone.

Adrienne Le Blank is calling her. Folisha especially chosen this ringtone for Adrienne's calls. She tapped where she think the answer button was. "Hello?" Folisha asked. "Folisha. Well done on your mission. I need you back to the agency quickly."

"Why? What's the rush?"
"According to Gaela, Maria Reginheraht and Lait Yi is attending the gala of the Royal Academy of Music."
"Alright, cool. What has that got to do with me?"
"......My gut isn't having this. You are the best spy in the agency. You need to go too. There will be a lot of people with status there. There got to be some assassins around the place. Something bad is going to happen."
"What can I do? I'm just a mere plebeian. I can't go undercover because guards'll be checking people's identities. Why don't you call someone like Brain, Akamai or Gaela who have status like you Mistress Le Blank?"
"Don't call me that—! W-Well, i-it's not like I want to have you around or anything you idiot! F-Forget it. Just come back to the agency. I need you to watch over the gala. I feel like some intruders are going to crash this place."
"M'kay. See you soon darling."
"H-HEY—!"

Folisha hung up.

"Let's see, a gala huh..." Folisha muttered as she continued walking towards the agency, "looks like I gotta prepare for tonight because Adrienne said something bad is going to happen. I'm just a mere commoner, I can't participate in a gala so I have to scout around the area I guess." Folisha then paused.

"Gaela... You are never one to care about much people. Did this fabricated happy-go-lucky school life softened your cold devoid soul....? Maria Reginheraht and Lait Yi, watch out. I don't intend to loose Gaela to you two. Brian is mine. Gaela is mine. Adrienne is mine. Rin is mine. Threatening is mine. The Rí an Ghealach is mine and mine only. It's the only family I have. I will protect them no matter what...."

***

It's like five in the evening after school and Gaela's in her bed, staring at her phone screen, scowling. Adrienne said it's best for her to go to the gala Lait and Maria is going because something bad is going to happen. Akamai and Brian is accompanying her because it's easy for them to go because they all have an 'identity' as Folisha puts it. "Hey Gaela!" A cheerful voice lilted, "how do I look in this dress?!"

Maria walked out of the bathroom, stunting in an elegant midnight blue knee length dress with beautiful silvery white gems cascading down from the chest to the waist in an uneven pattern like stars. Maria's hair is in a bun, beaming happily as she twirled around in her high heels. "How do I look?" She asked.

Lait looked up from her laptop with a smile and an approving nod. Despite having her legs burnt from what happened in the funfair, she can stand up again in a short period of time (which confuses Gaela a lot. How can someone recover so quickly who isn't athletic or a fighter of some sort?!). "You look great Marii! I'm sure you're one of the best dressed guests in the gala!" "Lait, you're not dressing up?" "Huh? Why would I when dresses are uncomfortable and unnecessary? I can just go to the gala in my normal clothes! It's not like it's compulsory to wear a dress or anything. Also I don't have any nice dresses so yeah." Lait shrugged.

"None sense! I can't have my good friend dressed like the gala is an everyday occasion." Maria exclaimed, walking over and wrapped an arm around Lait in a fatherly-son way, "I will make you shine like a diamond schatz, ah, sehr schön." Maria nodded in approval before running over to her wardrobe and pulled out a dark purple gown. Gaela had to admit, the dress looks nice. It looks like it's made out of the galaxy.

"Now go and change into this dress and own the universe and the world darling. I stan you." Maria ordered. "...I probably can't manoeuvre around properly in this thing." Lait muttered, barely audible. Gaela blinked. "No matter. Sure Marii, I'll go do that. You have to treat me some bacon and cheese though." "Come on! The gala starts at six! We don't wanna be late to the gala of the Royal Academy of Music do we?!" Maria asked impatiently, "now go in and get changed." Lait followed Maria's orders and got changed in the bathroom and walked out smiling.

"Ready Lait?"
"Of course."
"Have fun guys." Gaela said lazily as she shut her eyes, pretending to sleep. "Bye Gaela! See you soon!" Aaannndd Lait and Maria is out of the door.

Gaela immediately sprang up from her bed and run towards her closet. She pulled out the first thing in her grasp - a lavender purple hanfu. Gaela quickly did her hair. A knock on the door was heard when Gaela wore her geta from one of her many kimonos that doesn't match her hanfu.

Gaela immediately opened the door and was greeted with Akamai in a long slim black party dress. Her hair is in a braid that interwoven down the side and she isn't wearing her eye patch - instead, she's wearing a mask that covered half of her face, blocking her damaged eye that was shot and stabbed before in the past.

"Ready to meet up with Adrienne and Brian?" Akamai grinned, "ready to own the spotlight?" Gaela rolled her eyes. "I'm ready to protect and prevent any chaos from happening tonight."

***

Galas are still as dull, boring and tense as Gaela can remember. There will be businessmen and people with glasses of champagne in their hands and negotiating on the spot or observing others - complementing or staining a name. After meeting up with Adrienne and Brian, they made their way through the security easily and now they're here, in the grand ballroom.

"Oh my god, it's her—!"
"As beautiful as always, it's truly a pleasure to have her here. She isn't seem around public at all lately."
"Is that Le Blank and Shi with her?! Who's that tall masked man with them?"
"Probably a guard. Why don't we negotiate with her..?"

"You seem to be quite popular." Adrienne commented, "as expected from the foster child  of the founder of the Yue company. Wouldn't you say so Yue Xuemei?" Gaela shivered at that name. "Yes. I just hope I won't stain his name today. I'll be staining my mother's name too if I dishonour the Yue family." "Let's keep an eye out for things." Akamai said, glancing around for anything out of the ordinary, "Maria and Lait is there. Oh and there's Caelan. Let's try and avoid him."

"I agree with Akamai. Let's investigate the stage," Brian, whose staying silent the whole time while wearing a mask that completely hid his flawless visage, said. "the further away from Caelan the better. Also it'll be nice to check for any bombs and guns to protect the performers. Maria Reginheraht is the second eldest child of the noble Reginheraht family so it'll be quite a hassle if she's injured on her violin solo performance wouldn't it....?"

Gaela shivered. "Yeah. Let's do that." "I don't know why but something doesn't add up here." Adrienne said, narrowing her eyes at Lait and Maria at a distance, whose chattering idly. "I know Maria Reginheraht is a child prodigy with an older brother whose very popular and famous. She have very successful parents and I understand why she's here in this gala but Lait Yi on the other hand... Her parents died in a car crash and the successful family business plummeted before it crumbled after Lait and her younger brother disappeared without a trance. Lait shown herself to the public three years ago when she published her first book 'Breaking Free' and immediately it became a best seller...... It just doesn't add up—"

"Come on, we don't have worry about all that." Akamai interrupted, "we're here to prevent any chaos from unravelling.... Adrienne, hows your gut going?" The redhead paused before she scowled and fixed her glasses. "It seems strangely peaceful yet.... ugh, I just can't my fingers around this dangerous vibe weaving through this atmosphere." She muttered.

As if on cue, the ballroom light dimmed and countless spotlights shone on the grand stage. Maria beamed at the audience with her violin in hand. "Ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to the grand gala of the Royal Academy of Music. To start this off, we would like to thank every our guests for attending. For the opening of the performances, we have Maria Reginheraht performing Caprice No. 24 Niccolò Paganini. Please give her a warm welcome."

"Oh? Paganini? Not bad." Akamai commented, "you think she's better than you Bri?" "I can't say. Playing the violin is all in the past. What about you Aka?" "Maybe she's better than me, maybe not. You and I have been musicians ever since we're three but we gave up ever since we got this....... job." Adrienne stiffened.

Maria began playing on her violin slowly and elegantly, smiling faintly as she swayed around gracefully. The opening of Caprice No. 24 echoed through the giant ballroom with everyone watching and whispering and Akamai grinned. "A solo violinist playing a Caprice in A minor that's composed by no other than the legend Niccolò Paganini... Very interesting. Maria is more talented than I had anticipated."

To say Gaela is starstruck by Maria's violin performance would be an understatement. Gaela's eyes are glued onto the quirky detective swaying gracefully while playing her violin passionately and Gaela's ears are blessed with the blissful melody of the capriccio. The melody etched in her head and Gaela wished that performance would last forever. However, not all wishes can come true.

Darkness. A sudden darkness devoured the stage. It enveloped the detective's performance and it concealed the ballroom. Maria stopped playing and uncertain murmurs and whispers filled the ballroom. Gaela narrowed her eyes in suspicion, her eyes adapting to the dim room before she turned to Akamai, Adrienne and Brian. At the corner of her eye, she saw a figure with a long ponytail as well as two more people following behind jump off from the clear glass ceiling and into the ballroom. Alarmed and furious as well as afraid, Gaela uttered out a warning to her comrades. "BRIAN, AKAMAI AND ADRIENNE. GET READY——-!"

Gunshots.

Screams.

Slicing.

Bombs.

Fire.

Panic.

Blood

blood

blood

and more blood.

A female hung limply on the glass ceiling, dangling for all to see.

Before Gaela can comprehend what's going on, the ballroom was already on fire. The stage was burning, people were running around in panic and there were security guards and people dead and dying from what it seems to be guns and machetes. The ballroom got bombs thrown here and there which caused the burning stage to collapse and crush multiple people. "Folisha didn't warn us about any of this..! She is never careless with her job—" Akamai suddenly paused before widening her eyes in horror as she watched the hanging girl on the ceiling.

"Oh my god Folisha....... Damn, this assault is very well planned." Akamai cursed, "Bri, Adri, Gaela. These rogues' main goal is to eliminate guests from the look of this fire and use of explosives. Getting people out will be our top priority, we will obliterate these filthy rogues after escorting all the guests out. Adri and Bri go and see if Foli is still with us and protect the guests. Gaela go and find Maria and Lait. I'll get Maili to send backup and get more guests out."

The talented group of missionary killers obeyed Akamai's orders and immediately went their separate ways, dodging and crouching over bullets. They all glanced around for a plausible escape route and decided the best exits are the fire exits. Out of Lait and Maria, Maria is less capable (since she's so irresponsible) so she's first priority. "MARIA?!" Gaela shouted as she dived into the burning stage, frantically looking around while trying not to panic, "MARIA?!?!"

Gaela clicked her tongue in annoyance and at the very corner of her eye, she saw one of the rogues dragging what it seems to be a knocked out Maria out of the stage and dropped her somewhere Gaela have to say quite safe. The rogue wore a scarf over his face and Gaela can't identify anything but his shockingly familiar blue eyes and childlike appearance. Gaela's heart stopped beating for a second and her breathing hitched and her dark brown eyes widened. She remembered.

***

Brian was having more trouble with the masked girl with white hair with light blue streaks in a ponytail than he thought. Brian ducked a throwing knife and his expression devoid of emotion cracked even though she can't see his face because he's wearing a mask himself. "I acknowledge your skills." The girl commented, slicing and hacking with her machete, "may I have your name?" "No." Brian replied, pulling out his stiletto from of his belt and blocked her attempts of killing him.

"I am a winner and I will rise to the top. I am victorious and I strive to be the best I can ever be and surpass even the most strongest and talented. I want to surpass sir. I have skills worth acknowledging." The girl said, "and you are strong. You aren't like those weaklings who likes to show the world how 'strong' they are. You keep your talents to yourself and avoid the spotlight." The girl said, throwing a knife at Brian in which he ducked. Brian thought the girl is after his head but that's not what she wanted. The leather band to Brian's mask snapped and his mask fell, revealing his identity. The girl widened her eyes as if remembering something.

Before Brian can do anything, a frustrated cry interrupted him. "Dammit!" Adrienne cursed, wiping away her sweat and forming tears as she watched the blazing inferno engulfing her chaotic surroundings, burning the unconscious Folisha who's barely alive. "Brian we're loosing her!" Brian stopped thinking for a second. "Get Aka and Gaela and leave." Brian instructed, "I'll buy time."

Suddenly, the roaring inferno around Brian and the girl extinguished as water cascaded down the ceiling. "Hey Winter, Zero needs assistance." A flat voice above Brian echoed, "turns out the black haired sniper is a pretty good martial artist. Now go." "Hvítur who's going to buy time fo—" "Go help Zero Winter." A patchy voice said. Brian narrowed his eyes as the girl paused before running away. Before Brian can give chase, a whirling calligraphy pen stopped him. "You're not going anywhere."

A figure with a long black cloak on hopped down from remaining scorching hot metal stands of the stage gracefully and landed on its feet without much sound. The figure wore the infamous plague doctor mask that everyone knows too well. Even if Brian couldn't see it, he could tell the figure is staring into his soul. Brian's face hardened. "It's an utmost pleasure to meet you, Angel's Executioner." Brian greeted, discarding his stiletto and pulled out a katana.

"Brian Speller. I've heard a lot about you. Too much about you - especially your many feats and accomplishments. You have my pride." The Angel's Executioner said, "alas you have to die in my grasp today. You have my blessings." Brian eyes widened the slightest as a blurred item flew across his face. A calligraphy pen. "I'm not going to die, not today. Not when I still have accomplishments to achieve." Brian stated, getting into a defensive stance before charging with his trustworthy katana named Yoake which is bestowed to him by someone Brian is fond of.

Bran and the Angel's Executioner engages in a short but fierce battle, full of speed, strength and diversions. Swords clashed, knifes and needles hissed in complaint and shots were fired. "You're pretty good for an assassin." The Angel's Executioner commented, "kudos to yourself." "The so-called Angel's Executioner isn't all that bad." Brian remarked, "I wonder who you really are. I can tell you're wearing a gown. I'm surprised you can manoeuvre in it." The Angel's executioner paused. "Your legs are injured too right? Shouldn't you rest?" Brian added.

"LANG WE GOTTA GO!" A childish male voice squeaked. "We achieved everything and killed our targets. Time to leave." The voice of the girl Brian fought a few minutes ago stated. "The detective's safe." A flat voice added. The Angel's Executioner paused before nodding, even though it's acquaintances can't see, and was about to fled when Brian did what he think was right even though he's never a rash individual. He lunged at the executioner and yanked off its birdlike mask quite successfully if he have to say so himself.

Brian stared into the executioner's eyes, clearly taken aback. The executioner shoved Brian away before yanking it's mask and took out its handgun before shooting at Brian repetitively (missing him whether on purpose or not, Brian's not sure. It must be a diversion) as it fled. He let the executioner go. He curled his lips and bit them. "....I didn't expect that. I shall go find Akamai and others. I need to make sure Gaela is alright." Brian finally said to himself.

Brian thinks of his little victory more of a fluke.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.3K 521 23
( So this is my first real book so don't judge. Kinda cliché so there I warned you. Starting to slowly edit and change a few things. Okay A LOT of th...
32.6K 1.4K 32
Have you ever believed in something to be truly right so much that you knew it could never be wrong? When that view conflicts greatly with your previ...
159K 3.2K 34
Meet Raven Night. She's 17. At school, she gets bullied because she's a "nerd". No one knows her past and she tends to keep it that way. During the d...
113K 3.6K 21
Assassination Classroom x Reader x BSD [Status: Discontinued] Updates: --- A story where-in the Armed Detective Agency gets a Request from the Minist...