Mixed Signals.

By _WishfulColours_

***12/08/19*** Finally published the final chapter! It's an emotional one so bring some tissues! What would... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46. - 'A Dark Day.'
47. 'A Dark Day. Part 2.'
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
80.
81.
82.
83.
84.
85.
86.
87.
88.
89.
90.
91.
92.
93.
94.
95.
96.
97.
98.
99.
100.
101.
102.
103.
104.
105.
106.
107.
108.
109.
110.
111.
112.
113.
114.
115.
116.
117.
118.
119.
120.
121.
123.
124.
125.
126.
127.
128.

122.

83 1 0
By _WishfulColours_

We only told the family, Hank and Jay's family. No one else yet, I didn't think it was a good time to tell anyone because Kim was dealing with losing Adam, we were all getting ready to say goodbye to me as I left for Burbank as well. Everything was sorted because now I'd sorted my apartment out, the kids had come and picked their rooms. Everything was in motion, I just needed to pack some stuff together and I would be off.

"Ready to go?" I smiled as he come into the room and threw me over my badge.

"I'm ready. It's quite scary actually." I laughed. "But anyway yeah let's get going then." I smiled as he took my hand and we left the house and headed out towards the coffee shop.

**

She waited outside while I bought the drinks for us both. 2 cream based caramel fraps. When I got out there and handed her the drink she wiped her eyes and tried to cover the fact she was crying.

"What's wrong?"

"It's sad knowing that today is my last day.." She laughed.

"Well let's go get it over with shall we?" I smiled taking her hand whilst we headed off towards work. She continued to wipe her eyes whilst holding my hand. We waited at the traffic lights to cross and she rested her head on my shoulder. I kissed her forehead before we crossed the road and we went inside the district. Erin went around and hugged everyone. She seemed to be in a comfort zone. I smiled and sat down on the edge of my desk watching everyone.

"Jay come over and give me a kiss.." She smiled coming over to me, she stood between my legs and put her arms around my neck giving me a kiss.

**

He was literally the best thing to ever happen to me, everything about him was perfect. I bought my head back then went in again and kissed him once more. He smiled against my lips and I backed away cocking my head to the right and grinning at him.

"What on earth have you put in her drink of coffee?" He laughed looking over at Kim and smiling.

"Whatever she put in that she did it herself.." She laughed nudging me as everyone laughed. I smiled and carried on standing there holding Jay. He put his hand on my tummy and then rested his head against my chest and closed his eyes.

"Comfortable?" I smiled.

"Comfortable." He smiled.

**

The thing was I didn't bother to tell anyone it was my last day, everyone just thought it was my normal day. I acted like normal, I was just finding everything emotional, between it being the last day and being pregnant I was getting upset at little things, like having no sugar in my coffee.

"We've had a call out." Upton called running upstairs.

"Let's get going then." Jay smiled standing up.

"I'm ducking.."

"Why?" Kim smiled.

"Just am..." I sighed and even that made me upset, before I could say anymore I started crying so I ran into the bathroom and locked myself in a cubicle.

**

"Is she okay?" I smiled.

"Kim leave it yeah?" Jay sighed just walking out.

"I'm ducking.." I called as he walked out the door. I just sat back at my desk for a few minutes thinking of everything and any reasons Erin would be upset. I went over to her computer and saw that she'd factory reset everything, literally deleted everything. I went through into the locker room back to the toilets and knocked on the only closed door.

"Go away..." She sobbed.

"It's me and I'm not leaving until you speak to me." I sighed sitting down on the floor this side of the toilet cubicle. "I'm here if you need me." I smiled putting my hand under the door and a few seconds later she took my hand and I heard her crying against the door some more.

"I'm sorry.."

"Come on open the door and talk to me." I sighed, I moved back and she opened the door, she was sitting on the floor against the wall sobbing. I moved closer and hugged her, she rested her head on my shoulder. "What's going on eh?"

"I'm so sorry, everything has gone so wrong..." She sobbed as I sat her up and wiped her eyes.

"Don't you apologise, we went over this. I thought you were okay, you were happier this morning. What's happened?" I rested my hand on her cheek and she managed to stop crying a little bit.

"I don't even know. I'm feeling really emotional, things are getting to me.." She sighed. "I cried because there was no sugar in my coffee.."

"My bad. I thought you didn't take sugar anymore.." I smiled as we both laughed together. She smiled gently and I remembered about the computer. "How comes you deleted everything on your work computer?"

"Oh just needed some fresh room for new stuff that's all.." She smiled.

"Your lying. We never delete stuff.."

"You know about Burbank? Yeah well I'm leaving today.. I'm literally leaving tonight.."

"Oh Erin.." I sighed hugging her quickly. She managed a smile as she sat back then she quickly leant over the toilet and threw up quite a lot.

**

As soon as I felt her hold my hair I knew I'd just given it away. She'd start asking questions now.. the weight gain, the throwing up, the clear skin. She'd know. I sighed.

"Listen Kim..." I sighed as she interrupted me.

"See you need to calm down, crying and getting this upset will make you ill!!" She smiled. I just nodded and wiped my eyes.

***

As soon as we got back the panic hit me, what had been said? What actually happened. I threw my coat onto my desk and went into the bathrooms in the locker rooms and saw Erin stood at a basin washing her face. No sign of Kim.

"Are you okay?" I smiled going over and hugging her. She smiled up at me.

"I'm fine.." She smiled. "I told her about Burbank but the pregnancy is still between us." She stood on her tip toes and kissed me gently. I smiled and let her dry her face.

"I'll be out in office waiting for you.." I smiled.

"Yeah get everyone together out there please? I want to say my goodbyes together.."

**

I dried my face before heading out of the bathroom into the locker room, I got changed from my work jeans into some grey joggers and a tank top. I had my gun and badge there waiting for me to hand back into Hank. I took my hair out of the band and shook it so it fell gently around my shoulders. I opened my locker properly and looked inside it, the photos, books. Just everything that I was in there. I put everything from the locker into my duffle bag and carried it out into the office, I put my stuff down on my desk and turned to face everyone.

"This is strange.." I laughed. "I never thought I'd be stood here. There's nothing to say really apart from I'm so thankful for you all. Thank you for helping me and working with me. I've never been with a better group of people. I love you all and wouldn't of wanted to do of done this job with anyone else. Now I hope I am replaced with someone just like me - but you will clearly struggle to deal with the attitude so I hope it's someone easy." I laughed with a big smile. "But now I invite you all to Molly's bar as I'm paying for drinks for my leaving party.." Everyone was very happy with that so I stood by my desk whilst everyone else headed out leaving me and Jay stood there in the main office. Hank stood at his door.

"Oh how interesting my time here has been." I smiled. "But here I believe these are for you." I handed Hank the badge, gun and dog tags I'd been wearing since I started working with Intelligence them many years ago. He smiled and hugged me.

"I'll meet you at Molly's.." He smiled walking out. I stood there looking at Jay as he reached out and held my hand.

"Ready to get drunk?" I smiled.

"Um I don't think so?"

"No I meant you go get drunk. I can't. I'm on them juice cocktails.." I laughed kissing him as he helped me carry my bags and boxes out to the car. We went home first and dumped all my stuff. "I just want to get changed out of these sweaty work clothes into a nice dress. I mean we are making this a party so I want to look party like." I smiled going up into the bedroom as Jay followed me. He changed his sweater for a nice white crisp clean shirt and black skinny jeans. I changed my outfit for a nice mid thigh length white flowy material dress that had a gold belt on it. It was flowy enough that it hid my very little 3 week bump. Jay locked the door behind me and we left the house to walk to Molly's and we only got 30 seconds down the road when I stopped.

"What's wrong?" He smiled.

"I wore these white 5 inch stilettoes and now I regret it." I laughed. He smiled shaking his head and then grabbed my arm and lifted me up bridal style. Carrying me as we continued down the road.

"Better?"

"For god sakes.." I laughed resting my head against his shoulder whilst I was crying with laughter.

***

She'd already put $200 behind the bar for us all so everyone ordered. I got her a long island iced tea and a whiskey for Jay. We all sat around the big table in the back corner with some snack food on the table too. Just as I took a sip of my vodka and coke the door opened and Jay come in with Erin in his arms bridal style laughing her head off, they both had these beautiful smiles on their faces and the way Erin was looking at Jay was perfect. Kevin sneakily took a photo for me of them. They come over and Jay put her down but her dress got stuck to his watch and her bum was on show. She burst out into laughter and they both crouched down in hysterics whilst he untangled her from himself. After so much laughing they were both in tears they managed to stand up. I smiled at them whilst they come and sat down. They sat next to each other opposite myself and Kevin. I handed her the long island iced tea and Jay his whiskey, he drank his straight away she left hers on the table.

"You still like them don't you?" I smiled.

"I do. Thank you." She smiled nervously, she still didn't take a sip but I just smiled and carried on my conversation with Kevin.

**

I went and ordered myself an orange juice and lemonade with tonic. I couldn't drink the long island iced tea because of the alcohol and I couldn't even tell her I was pregnant yet - it was far too early and I wanted it to be a surprise when I got back. I stayed up at the bar waiting for my drink. I felt an arm around my shoulder and then appeared a very drunk Jay smiling at me. We'd been here for so long it was now half 10 that night.

"Your drunk go home.." I laughed.

"I'm just appreciating your beautiful face.." He smiled kissing my neck softly. I smiled and I gently turned to face him and I grabbed his face and kissed him even harder.

"I think we should head out of here and go home.." I smiled.

"I agree with that." He smiled. I got up and took his hand pulling him towards everyone. I hugged people and said goodbye before we practically ran home and we went inside. I threw my shoes off and Jay pushed me up against the front door and kissed me. Running his fingers through my hair whilst his lips still connected to mine. I managed to undo his buttons on his shirt somehow and I threw that behind him onto the sofa, he hitched me up against the door. I wrapped my legs around his waist and he used his hand to keep me supported while he undid my dress and pulled it off over my head. I pulled back for a breath of air.

"Feeling okay?" He smiled.

"Did I say stop?" I grabbed his hair and pulled him back close to me so our lips slammed together, he put both his hands on the under of my thighs, his fingertips digging in as he carried me up the stairs again his lips not leaving mine. I smiled as he pushed me onto the bed, coming down with me.

**

The next morning.

I was hanging but I knew if I wanted to get a goodbye in quickly I would have to go now. I went over to their house and used the spare key to let myself in. I couldn't hear them anywhere. I looked around the living room, there were clothes and shoes everywhere, lipstick stains on the door and makeup stains. As I got even further into the house and up the stairs it was clear what had happened. I knocked on the bedroom door and heard a grumble from Erin. I went in and laughed when I saw the state of them both. Erin was wearing one of Jay's big shirts and Jay was wearing nothing and was hiding under the quilt.

"I'm fucking dead..." Erin sighed looking up at me through a makeup stained face, hair a bloody mess as she just looked at me, a sick bucket next to the bed and a bag of half open makeup wipes on the quilt.

"What on earth happened to you guys last night?" I laughed.

"You don't want to know.." She smiled. Jay just laid there staring at the ceiling. "You alive babe? You need to drive me to the airport in 4 hours.." She laughed. He nodded and sat up holding the quilt up to his neck.

**

We had a bit of a laugh with Kim then it got serious. I was feeling emotional as I got up out of bed and went over to her. Jay got up and put some clothes on. I hugged her so tightly and I could feel myself tearing up, she took in a deep sniff to stop herself crying as well. She smiled before walking out the house pulling the front door shut behind her. I just turned to Jay and hugged him. He just held me there gently, almost like he was telling me everything would be fine, I'd said my goodbyes to the children last night so this time was it was the hardest bit - saying goodbye to Jay. Everything was packed and in the boot of the car. I literally had 1 outfit out on the dresser for me to wear today and that was it. Jay went into the bathroom with a big sigh. while he went to get ready in there I got myself dressed in the bedroom, a nice baggy beige jumper and some black jeans. I got my jeans on and looked down at my stomach and I smiled. I know it was hard because I couldn't remember anything and I didn't really know what to do or eat or anything during this pregnancy but I knew I was keeping my baby healthy. I got my jumper on and Jay come out the bathroom after washing his face.

"More awake?" He smiled.

"I'm feeling good." I smiled. "Are you feeling ready for the drive to the bus station depo?"

"I am. It's only 15 minutes. I'll wait with you for you to get onto the coach and then we shall part ways." He smiled. I nodded and went downstairs closely followed behind by Jay who grabbed a cereal bar and a milkshake out the fridge. "Ready?" He smiled.

"I'm ready." I smiled as we went out to the car, all my stuff was already packed so I hopped into the passenger seat and after checking everything was locked and sorted he come out and got in the drivers seat leaning over and kissing me. I let out a emotional sigh and then he started the engine and we were off. He held my hand the entire time, my hand was resting on my leg and his hand was now on my hand on my leg. I put my head back against the chair and closed my eyes because there were tears running down my cheeks. Jay squeezed my hand and it made me more emotional, I began sobbing and my chest went tight - I could feel myself having like a panic attack.

"Come on Erin. Calm down, just keep crying, it's best to keep crying. You need to breathe properly though okay. Be good for me." He smiled rubbing circles on my palm. I wasn't actually struggling to breath but between the crying and the worry my chest was tight. When he eventually made it to the bus depo he parked up and got out the car, he come round to my door and hugged me. "I know it's getting tough now, this is really hard. I don't want you to go, especially because of the baby now but I know this is the only choice we have. I'm looking forward to you coming back.."

"I'm also excited to come back. I think these first 2 weeks will be tough because I'll be inducted but the weekend after I'll be sure to come home." I smiled as I kissed him gently. He helped me to unload my stuff and then he come over to the bus with me. The driver took my stuff and put it in my area on the coach in the little holding holes. Jay pulled me close and I rested my head on his chest and he gently rubbed his hand up and down my back. I stepped up onto my tip toes and I kissed him gently.

"I'll see you later then?" He smiled.

"See you soon.." I smiled letting go of his hand and going up onto the coach to my little seated room. I pulled the door to and took in this secluded room. I was surprised by this coach, it was little hotel rooms. The CPD paid for it, and it was lovely, a bed, a TV, a mini fridge and even a small hanging up cupboard for my clothes. I pulled the curtains back and looked out at Jay. I waved at him with a big smile, I could see him getting tearful as he waved back at me. Slowly the engine started and the coach drove off leaving Jay stood there as I headed off.

***

I headed back to mums to pick the kids up and when I got there they were still asleep so mum made me a cup of coffee and sat on the sofa with me.

"So she's gone has she?" She smiled.

"Yeah sadly.. it's horrible. I'm dreading taking the kids home. Harvey's going to flip out.." I laughed but it was a tearful smile. She reached out and held my hand.

"She'll be back before you know it. I promise you literally there won't be a day where she doesn't call or text you." She smiled. I nodded and took a sip out of my coffee.

*

It must of been about 4 hours after dropping her off when she rang me.

"I'm all settled in now.." She smiled on facetime.

"Good to know.." I sighed.

"What's up with you?"

"I've just sat here dealing with Harvey balling his eyes out, and Florence being a completely stroppy bitch with me because you are gone? And now guess what? Florence is demanding she comes to stay with you.."

"She knows she can't and please tell Harvey I'll be back in a few weeks to speak with him.. they can spend that weekend with me.."

"I give up Erin. I can't keep this up goodnight.." I sighed hanging up the phone. I threw it across the room with a really grumpy growl. I was so pissed off about it all. Florence come down and stood in front of me.

"What did mum say about it?" She sighed.

"Florence you aren't going to live with your mum. It's not happening. You are staying here at least until you finish school then you do what you want."

"Fine then in 2 weeks when this exam is finished I'm moving in with mum." She shouted.

"Go ahead. Do what you want if it's really that important to you, if you really don't want to be here anymore go ahead." I shouted back at her before walking off upstairs and slamming the bedroom door.

**

I's never heard him get than angry with me, well not in a long time. It upset me, all I wanted was to see him but I knew that wouldn't be for a while and that upset me. I went into the kitchen and made myself a cup of tea. Sitting by the table looking out the window onto the city of Burbank below me. Just as I took a sip there was a knock on the door.

"Miss Lindsay?"

"Hello.." I smiled opening the door to a lovely man wearing glasses, he was wearing a grey suit, and dark grey shoes. He smiled as I let him in.

"My name is Alex George and I'm your partner in Narcotics." He laughed taking his glasses off and wiping them with his waistcoat.

"Oh hello.. how comes I've not spoken to you yet?"

"Because we are going for our meeting now. So go get dressed then we shall head off.." He smiled.

"What shall I wear?"

"Show me what you have got? I'll wait here." He smiled sitting on the sofa. I went into the bedroom and found myself a grey and white checked knee length pencil skirt and a white blouse to tuck into it. I put some 4 inch heels in matte black on with it and went back out into the living room.

"How do I scrub up?"

"Perfectly." He smiled. "I hope all your clothes are like this?"

"No. I bought jeans and everything because of working, I didn't realise in Narcotics we couldn't wear jeans.."

"No. In our department we dress formally, we tend to be in meetings all the time, sometimes we can do the physical stuff but we tend to have meetings, then go and meet suspects to see what we can buy and if we can get closer to them so this is how we dress. Some days are a bit more relaxed and depending on your situation the outfit is relaxed as well." He smiled. "But anyway let's go." He held the door open, I grabbed my bag and locked the door and we headed down the 5 floors to the outside of apartment block. Alex's car was out the front, a matte grey range rover. Leather seats, it was beautiful. He held the passenger door open for me so I hopped in and checked my phone before he got into the drivers seat and smiled.

"How long is this journey?"

"About 25 minutes.. so I'm going to give you the chance to speak to me about anything you need or want to know."

"Okay so when do I actually start?"

"You start as soon as we get out this car. We've got a meeting, I'm putting you in head first, you will attend the meeting with me and then we will work everything else out from there. You will learn as you work." He laughed.

"Okay that's scary but good. Another thing? When is my first day off?"

"You will work today, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and then you have Friday off, back in Saturday, work Sunday, work everyday the week after then you have the next weekend off."

"Thanks.." I smiled. I checked my phone again because I hadn't got anything from Jay.

"Waiting for something?" He smiled looking down at my phone.

"Oh it's nothing. I mean I'm waiting to see if my husband messages me. We had an argument just before you arrived."

"Oh okay.. I'm sorry, hope he's okay.."

"Yeah he will be, it's just hard with him leaving right in central Chicago at our old house in the old job so this is new to me and slightly scary." I smiled.

"You will be fine, I can already tell by talking to you. The next thing is to watch how you perform in the meeting." He sighed. "It's not going to be easy, we will be in the meeting with big bosses so it might get heated but follow my lead.." He smiled again. I nodded and threw my phone into my handbag and watched as we drove into the city. Just as Alex parked up in this car park my phone rang.

"2 seconds.." I smiled grabbing my phone and seeing Jay's number. I went to answer it then something took over me and I couldn't do it, I declined the call and shoved it back into my bag getting out and walking along the street with Alex at my side, linking arms with me to steady me in these new shoes. He held the glass door open so with a smile I went in first seeing this massive posh executive looking building, a small café, lots of meeting rooms. It was a scary sight actually.

"Wait there my lovely and I'll grab us a drink." He smiled as I stood by the lift, he walked over into the café being greeted by some seriously important looking people on his way. They smiled, hugged and kissed his cheeks. They continued to speak to him but he brushed them off his shoulder like it was nothing, he had 2 paper cups in his hands and he pressed a button on the lift and I stood next to him when eventually he realised he was still holding my drink so handed it to me. "1 white chocolate and strawberry mocha."

"Wow.. I've never had one of these before.."

"Don't drink it yet. Give it 5 minutes to cool down then you can go on for it.." He laughed. "Right so this is our office.." He pushed open another glass door, there were about 6 people running around, every person had a desk, a perfect desk with a brand new apple mac computer, a phone and there were a lot of screens and big TV's around the office. He walked straight up the middle of the desks so I followed him and he entered another door where there was a slightly smaller office with 3 desks in it, 1 was clearly Alex's because he went and sat there on his spinning chair. The desk opposite his was covered in stuff but had no one sat there. There was 1 more desk which was empty, it was an horizontal angle facing both desks.

"Mine?" I smiled.

"Yours." He smiled. "Luke is bringing your stuff up now."

**

It rang for a while but no replies.

"Erin hey I'm sorry. I've spoken to the kids and they've both been said they are sorry and they are happy to stay here but they want to talk to you at some point.. ring me when you can. I love you.."

**

Luke Rhett was my other partner, I can't say I expected this when I was told I'd be working in Narcotics. They both helped me to get my stuff sorted, I had my desk, a set of drawers and a locker in my side of the room.

"Ready for quite possibly the biggest fight of your life?" Luke smiled.

"I am ready." I laughed grabbing my paperwork, folder and pens. I followed both the guys out of the office and down into the lift. I noticed Luke was wearing no wedding ring but there was an indent of a ring and Alex had no jewellery on at all. I looked down and saw my engagement and wedding ring and it upset me for a few minutes then when the lift pinged and we arrived at a different office floor I snapped out of it.

"Mr George, Mr Rhett, Miss Lindsay. Welcome." This women in a matching suit and black stilettoes smiled as she stood at the door of a big office room.

"Are they inside?" Alex sighed rolling his eyes.

"They are." She smiled. "Have fun." I followed them both then we sat down together, I sat in between them both and we all got our paperwork out together ready, there were 2 men sat opposite us. 1 wearing a rather expensive looking suit and 1 in jeans and a polo shirt. I smiled as I took my pen in my hand and flicked through the paperwork.

"So the client Mr Harris has been charged with 3 counts of possession, 1 count of dealing, and 2 counts of using class A drugs. I want these charges revoked and he goes free." The man sighed looking at all of 3 of us straight up.

"Well what exactly are you expecting us to do about that?" Alex tapped his pen on the table looking him dead in the eye.

"How about we revoke the charges if he becomes my CI? He's got valuable information that I want to know. He won't go to prison instead he works for me?" I smiled.

"I'm sorry but who are you?" He laughed.

"Erin Lindsay. Ex DI of intelligence, the real question is how are you?"

"Right so... CI? What information do you need?" He smiled awkwardly.

"If I'm going to be taking down big drug lords then I need him to work with me, he knows drug lords, he knows dealers, he knows locations and he will be a valuable asset to my team."

"Fine, but he comes with a price?"

"Name the price?" I smiled raising an eyebrow.

"So you can have Mr Harris for $5000 and the charges revoked."

"Deal done." I shook his hand before packing up my stuff and getting sorted with Alex and Luke to leave back into our office.

***

When we finally got back into the office after dealing with Mr Harris and handing the money over Alex high fived me and Luke gave me a big hug before they fell onto the sofa's and just sat there laughing. I smiled slightly confused and sat at my desk logging onto my computer.

"What are you doing?" Alex smiled taking his tie off and undoing his top button.

"Working. You?"

"We have no more work to do right now, not after you smashed that case right out the fucking ball park!!" He laughed.

"Oh.. what do we do now?"

"Luke's ordered a Chinese and we relax Miss Lindsay. We get to relax." He smiled.

***

I tried ringing her again but I got no reply, she didn't answer or text me to say she was busy or anything. I wasn't sure what else I could do. I put my phone on charge in the bedroom and I went into Florence's room. I opened the door a little bit and she was fast asleep. I tucked her in and blew her a kiss before going into Harvey's room. He was also fast asleep. I tucked him in and went into my room laying on the quilt just laying there, staring at the ceiling. Then my phone rang.

"Erin?"

"Hey I'm so so sorry I didn't answer your call, my phone was in my bag, I was in a meeting. I wasn't allowed my phone, I've just got home and seen your messages. I love you.."

"It's all okay! I'm just glad to hear from you. I love you too. So come on tell me about your first day?" I laughed turning it into a facetime call and smiling when she waved at me.

"It was so good Jay!! I was bought into a meeting with my 2 partners, Luke Rhett and Alex George. I managed to get the charges revoked and he has become my CI. His name is Mr Harris, you might be dealing with him soon. But I won the case, I'm so happy here Jay.." She smiled.

"That's so good! Well done, I'm so proud of you. I best go because the kids are asleep and my shift starts at 6am so I love you and I'll talk to you tomorrow?"

"Of course, I love you too.." She blew me a kiss before the call ended.

***

I let myself into my apartment and went on to get ready for bed. Got out of the horrible posh clothes I'd been wearing and got into some joggers and a tank top and got the TV on so I could relax on the sofa and watch some random American drama. I closed my eyes and just had a rethink about the day when my phone rang. I very quickly answered it without even looking at the caller.

"Hello?"

"Hey Erin, It's Alex.."

"Oh hey Alex. How can I help you? It's a bit late?" I laughed.

"Sorry I just wanted to let you know, tomorrow is a big day. We are investigating the drug cartel Mr Harris worked for. You need to wear something on par with today but make sure you are comfortable."

"Okay cool. Thanks for the heads up."

"Your welcome, are you able to get to the office yourself yeah?"

"Yeah I'm fine, I know my way." I smiled to myself. "I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah night Erin." He hung up and I headed into the bedroom to try and find something to wear. The best I could find was a pair of black trousers that had a white stripe down the side of the legs, a black and white checked long sleeved blouse and a pair of small black ankle boots. I left it hanging on the cupboard door and after clearing everything up I got into bed. I couldn't sleep well at all and by the time I actually begun falling asleep it was half 5 and I had to get up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 140 8
This is my first time ever doing fanfiction. So, hopefully, it's not too horrible. Lol. This was meant to be a short story, but I'm not completely su...
18K 354 26
New Fanfic... Erin and Jay have been friends at work for a while now but everything was going to change when Jay finds out Erin biggest secret.
52.8K 1.7K 41
After his father's death, Jay starts forgetting which way is up. Riley wants to be there for him, but is overwhelmed with her fears and the uncertai...
17.7K 318 12
Hi Everyone! I am a huge fan of Chicago PD and Linstead. This story is my perspective of what Jay and Erin's life would be like if One Day Is Today...