Mixed Signals.

Autorstwa _WishfulColours_

***12/08/19*** Finally published the final chapter! It's an emotional one so bring some tissues! What would... Więcej

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46. - 'A Dark Day.'
47. 'A Dark Day. Part 2.'
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
80.
81.
82.
83.
84.
85.
86.
87.
88.
89.
90.
91.
92.
93.
94.
95.
96.
97.
98.
99.
100.
101.
102.
103.
104.
106.
107.
108.
109.
110.
111.
112.
113.
114.
115.
116.
117.
118.
119.
120.
121.
122.
123.
124.
125.
126.
127.
128.

105.

134 1 0
Autorstwa _WishfulColours_

If I wasn't sleeping because I was so knackered I was completely throwing up everything I'd eaten for the past 2 days. Talk about morning sickness this was horrific. This was the worst morning sickness I'd ever had with any of my pregnancies. Jay not being around did make things harder because it meant I was trying to get Harvey ready, make breakfast, throw up and got myself ready all at the same time and it just wasn't something I was up for really - but it was part and parcel of the children and I accepted that. 4 weeks since Jay left us and considering how stretched I'd been I was doing well.

*

"Oh really yeah?" I sighed.

"Yeah so I'll see you guys hopefully tomorrow." He laughed.

"Okay cool. That's great. I'll see you soon then son." I smiled.

"Yeah see you dad."

"Bye son." I sighed hanging up and chucking my phone in the draw. I was just zoning out when a knock scared me slightly.

"Hank who's in today?"

"Hey, you, Adam, Erin and Antonio." I sighed.

"Are you okay?" Kim smiled as she sat on the sofa opposite me.

"Just found out Jay's coming home."

"Oh okay. That's good. Have you told Erin?"

"No and I don't intend to, now it's come to this time I don't think I want him back."

"Well Hank I'm sorry it isn't down to you. If he's completed all he needed to do then that's it. He's coming home. I'm sure Erin will be thrilled, she's been ill so I'm not surprised she wants him back."

"Yes but Kim it was meant to be longer than 4 weeks."

"Hank you can't keep him away from his wife and children. If he missed this baby's birth he would never forgive you and we both know even Erin wouldn't want to speak with you."

"I know but I'm protecting my daughter Kim."

"And you're daughter is trying to protect her family by wanting her husband home." I sighed. He nodded before I took the sign in sheet and headed back out to the office. I smiled when Erin come in, she was pale and pasty looking but she smiled as she sat at her desk.

**

I could feel the sick rising in my stomach and throat as I drunk the water. I just put my head down on the desk and closed my eyes.

"Erin you alright sweet?" Kim smiled nudging me.

"Morning sickness is going to be the death of me." I sighed as she held my hand.

"I'll make you some ginger tea." She smiled getting up and going into the staff room. Just as she went to bring it back out to me Hank come out.

"We've got a call from Uniformed. Joggers found a bag in the park. Who's attending?"

"I'm on it." I sighed standing up. Kim quickly passed me the tea in a flask instead and smiled.

"I'll assist." Adam smiled following me downstairs and out to the garage. "Want to drive?"

"No way. You drive I drink tea." I laughed. I threw him the keys to my BMW and he drove that. "Why have we been called to a bag finding?" I radioed from the car across to uniformed.

"You haven't seen the bag yet." I got back. I looked at Adam and we both shrugged I chucked the radio away and had some of the tea from Kim.

"Are you okay?" He smiled as we continued to drive.

"Yeah I'm alright. I mean apart from the morning sickness I'm good." I sighed. He nodded as we pulled up the scene. We parked up and I headed towards the jogging route in the park. I was greeted by Sandra who worked with the FBI for a bit but then come into normal policing and now worked uniformed. So I went over to her leaving my flask in the car.

"What's going on then?" I sighed.

"Look at the bag there." She pointed over towards the floor so I gloved up with Adam and we went over, a white bag covered in blood, it was stained and practically dripping.

"Adam go take a statement from the jogger please." I smiled as he went over to approach her. I stayed with the bag, looking around for some more information to see where it had come from or anything that might help with an investigation. I took a small perimeter walk and saw a puddle of blood on the grass. I approached and then had to take a step back.

"Ruzrek get over here. Erin Lindsay to control? Can I have an FBI and forensic unit down here. We've found a body." I radioed. I knelt down and saw this young girls body, she was in a school uniform but she was covered in blood and her body had scratches and bruises. Ruzrek ran over to me and knelt alongside me.

"My god she went through a lot." He sighed.

"You're telling me. Look at the poor girl she's no older than 7 or 8. I've requested FBI and forensics down here." I sighed standing up.

"Okay hun." He smiled, he did some checking around the body while I walked off back to the bag.

**

I watched her, she stood by the car on her phone waiting for everyone else to arrive. Just as she went to stand up she most of felt ill because she doubled over near the curb and threw up everywhere. She bent down as she wiped the sick away from her mouth. I went over to her and rubbed her back while she was sick some more.

"I'm okay, it's that bloody morning sickness." She laughed, she sorted herself out some what before standing up and looking at me properly. She sorted herself out and changed completely when the forensic team turned up.

**

I helped Adam to sort everything out before forensics took over and we headed back to the district. We would receive the paperwork soon so we could make a crime scene out of it. When we got back I went straight into the toilet and spent 10 minutes throwing up again. There was a knock on the toilet door and it was Kim.

"Erin you need to go home." She sighed.

"I know but I can't risk it." I smiled opening the door and standing to face her.

"You don't look good at all..." She smiled, she held my hand and then I just cried on her.

"I'm sorry.." I sighed.

"Erin I've got something to tell you."

"What's wrong?"

"You can't tell Hank I've told you but Jay's coming home today.."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah so why don't you go home and rest up." She smiled. I got out the toilet and packed up earlier before heading home. I had a shower, put on some joggers and a black tank top. I put a random film on the TV and laid on the sofa with some toast.

**

11:00pm.

I finally got home, I jumped out the taxi and took the bags to the door. When I opened the door Erin smiled, she was laying on the sofa with a blanket and some lemonade. She laughed tearfully and I shut the door and I went over, laying on the sofa with her, she put her arm around me and after chucking my hat and shoes on the floor I got comfy under the blanket, no words were needed, we were quite happy there. Then in the darkness of the lamp slowly going out we saw 2 shadows, Florence laid at the other end of the sofa holding Erin's hand and then I had to lift Harvey to lay on my chest and the 4 of us laid there together quite happy.

"I love you guys." Erin smiled.

"Love you too mummy." Harvey smiled blowing a kiss to her.

"I love you." I smiled. Once the kids had fallen asleep and it was us 2 I held Erin's hand and gently rubbed circles onto it with my thumb.

"How comes you are back so soon?"

"Medically discharged." I sighed.

"Oh my god. With what? Are you okay?" Her pulse hitched and she got tearful.

"I'm fine." I smiled. "I just started self harming again and for my own sanity they thought the best choice would be to go send me home." I sighed. She squeezed my hand and didn't say anything else.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

17.7K 318 12
Hi Everyone! I am a huge fan of Chicago PD and Linstead. This story is my perspective of what Jay and Erin's life would be like if One Day Is Today...
36.8K 365 60
A story from the beginning linstead and what it would be like if Erin hadn't left chicago. Se você não fala fala inglês veja a original em português...
291K 4.4K 111
This Linstead story picks up after 301. Erin is struggling to come to terms with the events of the last few months. Can she move forward and build a...
117K 3.8K 45
"But there's a hope that's waiting for you in the dark You should know you're beautiful just the way you are" Jay's life looks like it's falling apar...