Mixed Signals.

由 _WishfulColours_

***12/08/19*** Finally published the final chapter! It's an emotional one so bring some tissues! What would... 更多

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46. - 'A Dark Day.'
47. 'A Dark Day. Part 2.'
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
80.
81.
82.
83.
84.
85.
86.
87.
88.
89.
90.
91.
92.
93.
94.
95.
96.
97.
98.
99.
100.
101.
102.
103.
104.
105.
106.
107.
108.
109.
110.
111.
112.
113.
114.
115.
116.
117.
118.
119.
120.
121.
122.
123.
124.
125.
126.
127.
128.

18.

417 5 2
由 _WishfulColours_

"I don't understand what's going on? Explain to me again please?" I smiled.

"She was involved we don't know what's going on. All we know is she was outside of her house, the guy got shot and now I don't know what's going on. This is a pending investigation. She's back from the hospital, she's had her injury cleaned and sorted out so she's okay. She's in holding."

"Well I demand not as a Detective but purely as her fiancé to see her."

"Come with me now and we'll see her for a few minutes then you are banned pending the investigation." He sighed. I went down before him, unlocking all the doors with my own set of keys attached to my badge.

*

We got down the stairs. I left all my keys, my gun and my wallet in the tray on the window ledge and Hank unlocked the cell. I ran in there and Erin was sat in the corner on the floor looking at the wall in front of her.

"Erin? Are you okay?" I smiled.

"Yep."

"We'll get you out soon."

"Yep."

"At least and try and talk to me properly."

"Yeah.."

"Erin oh come on please. Let's sort this out."

"What is there to talk about? For god sake. Leave me alone." I just sighed and walked out after she shouted. I grabbed all my stuff back and we went upstairs back into the office. I sat down at my desk and just put my head in my hands.

"She'll be okay." Hank smiled as he walked past. I just wanted to punch him. I felt so angry, I felt pushed away. I just wanted to make sure she was okay. She had been having a really tough time with everything and this didn't help things.

* * *

"Well I've planned things out I guess. I mean I've got a table booked tonight for dinner to cheer her up." I smiled.

"I'm sure she'll have a great time. Where is she now?" He smiled.

"Staying with her mum again. From what I've heard she got released from holding like 2 hours ago and because I was at work she went to her mums."

"I'm going to go get her now though. Now I've finished and I'm going to go out with her tonight so we can build on our relationship again." I laughed. I got my coat on and locked up my gun and locker before running down to the BMW.

*
"Do you want some dinner?" She smiled.

"Mum I'm fine. I want to sleep."

"Well are you going to go home?"

"In the morning." I smiled. I yawned and made myself a pot noodle and a cup of tea and went upstairs. I heard a car pull up outside and Jay got out the car. Literally before he could walk from the car to the door I got this sudden burst of energy, ran downstairs and outside in my dressing gown and PJ bottoms and jumped up wrapping round his waist. He held my legs round his waist and I cried into his shoulder. He kissed my cheek before carrying me into the house.

*

I put her down and we hugged properly before sitting down on the sofa. I smiled at her and then she looked at her mum who just walked off into the kitchen. The bright smile and happiness from her eyes just fell so quickly. It all just disappeared.

"I have booked us a table at the posh little place down the street." I smiled.

"Oh my god. Seriously?"

"Yeah. Ready to go home? Then we can get ready and go out." I laughed. She nodded and then ran upstairs and grabbed her handbag and didn't even bother getting dressed. Just got her stuff and off we went. She ran out and jumped in the car. Ready to go. I got in and without another word we drove off and headed back to the apartment. I parked up and she ran inside. I ran after her as the rain began to pour.

Just as it stopped raining she went into the bedroom and was going through the wardrobe. I sat on the sofa on my laptop doing some case study work while I waited.

"Is there a specific reason we're going out?" She smiled.

"Because you've just spent 2 days in a cell and I'm taking you to cheer you up."

"Oh that's sweet. Your too kind."

"That's what I'm here for. I take care of you."

"I can't wait to marry you. I love you." She poked her head round the door and smiled.

"Have we got any plans yet?"

"I've been trying on dresses. I've looked at cakes but that's all."

"Okay that's pretty cool." I laughed.

"I think over our holiday we should spend some time looking at locations and places like that. Reception venues so we are sorted out."

"Yeah true. We can have a look at things. Bridesmaids and best men."

"Who are you thinking for your best man?" She smiled, 1 eyebrow raised.

"Well I don't know. Who's walking you down the aisle?"

"I think Hank." She smiled. "I've got to ask him but I'll do that closer to the date." She smiled. She disappeared back round the corner. I went into the other bathroom and showered. Cleaning up, having a shave. I put on some aftershave before going into the bedroom and finding a white shirt, a black blazer jacket and some trousers to go with it. I put on some dark shoes. I went back into the living room, I cleaned my blazer up and wiped down myself and then I heard heels coming up and Erin come in. I turned round and she was in a green strapless floor length dress and she had some pale heels with her. She had curled her hair and some natural looking make up. I had this smile on my face.

"You look beautiful." I smiled.

"Thank you so much." She laughed. She come over and stood in front of me and placed her hand gently against my cheek and kissed me.

*

I felt happy we had the BMW but we were trying to go out for a romantic dinner and we were driving a police car around. But still we pulled up on the street and parked up, taking the 20 second walk down the road and we were greeted at the door with a shot of cocktail. We drank them quickly before heading into the actual room and we sat down at the table we had booked. It was by the window so we could see the sunset. We sat opposite each other. Bottle of champagne in a ice bucket on the windowsill. We were madly in love and it was quite funny to think of. But honestly we were really madly in love. We were making eye contact and smiling. Jay had already ordered the food so we could just sit and talk.

"Excuse me sir?"

"How can I help you?" Jay smiled.

"Are you Detective's Halstead and Lindsay?"

"We are. How can we help you?" I laughed.

"You saved my younger sister a few years ago. Can I get a picture of you both to show her?" I stood up with Jay on my arm and we had a lovely photo taken together why we both smiled together. We hugged the young girl and then we sat back down together and had a little conversation about random things together.

"So when are we going on holiday?" I smiled.

"We fly out on Thursday." He laughed. He held my hand gently.

"For how long?"

"Thursday until the following Saturday."

"Wow okay. Longer than I realised."

"Yeah well I like the idea of going to Spain. We can sit around the pool, get tanned and have a nice little time chilling out together." I smiled.

"It'll be nice to have a break from work and spend some time actually together." We enjoyed a lovely meal together, a nice meal and a few drinks together. Well I had a few drinks. Jay didn't as he was driving. I went to go to the bathroom and as I stood up I saw this commotion going on outside.

"Jay?" I called from the door.

"What's up?" He come over.

"Just stand by the door and keep watching what's going on. I'm going to grab something from the car. When you see me approaching the gang. I need you to follow me out there." I kissed him. I walked outside past security and got in the car. Grabbed the radio.

"Lindsay to control? I'm off duty. Currently on a personal time out but I've got to be dealing with something personal. I'm at the scene of a crime which I think is going to turn into something bigger. Do I have permission to use my Taser in this situation?"

"Yes you do. We have a uniformed on the way to you right now. If you have Taser on you use it please. We will get to you in minutes."

"Thank you. I'll take control of this situation until uniformed arrived." I grabbed the Taser and hid it under a fold of my dress. I went over to them and Jay come out.

"What's going on lads?" I smiled.

"None of your business. I think you should just fuck off."

"My partner and I are both off duty police officers so yeah it's my business."

"Oh look we've got the fucking police involved in now. Yeah well back off." He spat at me. He pushed me, his hand on my shoulder. Jay was going to step in but the others all stepped back. Security were stood behind me. It was all kicking off.

"YOU'VE GOT A TASER POINTED AT YOU SO I SUGGEST YOU KNEEL DOWN AND CALM DOWN. DON'T YOU DARE PUT YOUR HANDS ON A POLICE OFFICER AGAIN." I shouted. I was holding the Taser at him. Jay was shouting as well. Finally the uniformed car pulled back up on the court and I backed off and let them take over. I put the neutral back on the Taser and chucked it in the car. Gave a statement to the police and went back into the restraunt with Jay and I brushed my hair threw before we finished up our meal. Jay downed a entire pint and then smiled.

"I think we should stay at a hotel tonight. I can't drive home after that." He laughed. I nodded in agreement. He paid and we took a short walk down the road and booked in for the hotel.

* * *

"Right so we are going to plan something okay?" I laughed.

"What exactly?"

"I think we need a small party for them when they come back?"

"That'll be nice. So like friends and work people?"

"Of course. Food, drinks, a small party. Music and drinks for everyone."

"Yeah that'll be nice." I smiled. "They come home Saturday morning so we'll throw the party Saturday night."

"Okay that's sound amazing." Adam smiled. I couldn't wait to see them honestly I had missed having Jay and Erin working with us but they needed the holiday away so they could spend some time together before they got married.

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

124K 1.6K 41
So this is a continuation of my one shot Sick so check that out to get the back story. This is simply linstead having a baby and everything that come...
17.7K 318 12
Hi Everyone! I am a huge fan of Chicago PD and Linstead. This story is my perspective of what Jay and Erin's life would be like if One Day Is Today...
65.4K 720 32
Jay and Erin have feelings for each other will they start a relationship? if they do will they tell Voight or go behind his back?
232K 3.6K 43
Moving from Madrid to Chicago and starting as a paramedic at firehouse 51, all Liz Severide wants is two things: leave her old life behind and stay a...