Broken Memories in Darkness |...

By 98Anonymous98

She firmly pressed her fingertips along his rigid unshaved skin, her fingers drifted along his structured jaw... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66 (Final)

45

4.2K 268 115
By 98Anonymous98

Aera fiddled with her fingers, Suga was driving her somewhere and informed her to pack some clothes that evening. She wasn't sure what was going on entirely, but she heard the pictures of Jungkook and her had been released in public. That was probably why she had to pack her clothes and leave. Was is that badly received by the public? She thought. Her mother embraced her tightly and told her to eat properly.

She felt worried about Bangtan and anticipated that this wouldn't hurt any of their careers. A stupid meaningless photo. She had no clue of what the dispatch had took but her best friend had told her it was of Jungkook leaning in to kiss her in a dark ally. She clenched her eyes closed from the words he murmured in her ears, "But I think it'd be more fun with you, you'd be clueless to the things I'd do to you..."

She felt warm silky fingers hover above her skin, interlacing with hers tightly. She snapped back to present day, with Suga.

"I'm sorry.." She muttered.

"Why?" He glanced over.

"I created this mess." Aera faced down.

He parked in front of the grand beach house. "Aera, none of this is your fault. Jungkook always causes trouble. I'm sorry for having you feel this way. We taught our maknae better, I don't know what's gotten into him."

"Where is he?" She moved her head left, facing him.

"I don't know but don't worry. Namjoon will find him, it's not the first time he's done that." He unlocked the car.

She nodded. I hope Jungkook is okay too.

"We're here." He unlaced his fingers and took off his seat belt.

She did the same and opened the car to hear a long-forgotten lullaby. The wind encompassed her body and the music of water whooshed along the gritty sand. The endless sound could be heard from afar and a stream of peace enveloped her. She smiled in satisfaction and she closed her eyes to the song of the ocean, breathing in its bitter salty breath.

"Suga?" She felt her shoes being touched with.

He took her shoes in his hand and with the other he clasped her hand. "Come on."

He pulled her along, she felt her bare feet along the grainy bits of sand with each step. It was years since she visited the sea. She could hear the roar of the vast water become louder as she came closer to its endless battle. Suga let go and she stood still, sensing the encrusted sand along her toes and the water dancing among her ankles. She rolled her pants up feeling the further splash along her calf. The ocean breeze left a light mist along her face, she could taste the ocean in her mouth.

Suga placed their shoes among the sand dunes and returned to join her. He watched the sea lost constantly along the rhythmic collision of waves on the sand. His vision moved to the yellow hues spread across the great sky as the sun was setting. I wish she could see how beautiful the sky is.

His view moved along to Aera, her hair blew with the wind and exposed her captivated expression. She seemed to enjoy the sensation the ocean had to offer. Her eyes were once again closed as she was embracing serenity. His mouth became a smile and he approached her from behind. He picked her up by the waist and spun her along the shore. She gasped from the unexpected contact and giggled as he continued to spin her. She gripped around his strong arms, enjoying the cold quick breeze hitting her. He settled her on her feet and pressed her back into his chest. He wrapped himself around her as he admired the charm of nature.

The mixture of salt and her fragrance drifted under him. He nuzzled into her neck in comfort. He left behind the thoughts of her forgetting their history, his pressure as an idol, his ill mother. Everything felt perfect in his life, everything was just fine. She soothed his hand, understanding his body motion, acknowledging similar thoughts.

"Remember when we got drunk." He started off by saying.

She nodded her head, she became shy after thinking about their night together.

"That night, you said you saw me in your dreams. That you saw a boy in a uniform. And you're right. I am that boy." He gripped her tighter in his chest.

She became numb, she didn't know what words to formulate. She had a feeling deep inside that it was him. That's what her heart had been constantly telling her. She also thought it was a part of her going crazy. She knew her child memories had been blurry but she never would've thought this man holding her would truly be a part of it. The ocean maintained its melody of crashing waves.

He continued his speech, "We went to high school together, you were a freshman and I was a senior at the time. You'd always bother me to teach you to play the piano, when you found me at the music room by myself. No one would find me there during lunch time and you always came in to listen to my melody. Then one day I composed a song and you attempted to play it. I felt so happy that someone enjoyed my music, a simple composition that I made. And that's when I started teaching you the piano, almost every day for almost a year. That's when we started dating, you were my first love. I-I went through a lot when you left me, when you forgot about me. I told your brother that I wouldn't meet you again and I'd focus on music. I suffered a lot, music helped me sometimes. The piano brought me pain, it reminded me of you. My therapist helped me endure and learn to fight the pain. It was all hard, but I'm so happy that I have you again by my side."

Aera couldn't hear the ocean anymore it was simply a background to Suga's spellbinding voice. She took in every vowel that he spoke, she was already tearing from his words. She felt useless again, why couldn't she remember this perfect man? He only came in her dreams, distinct memories appearing and disappearing as she couldn't remember further in consciousness. She sniffled as she turned around in his arms, he looked down at her crying face, she looked beautiful although she was crying. She wrapped her small arms around him and rested her head onto his chest bawling in tears.

"I-I'm sorry Suga, I can't remember everything. But my heart yearns for you so much. I always thought my grandmother had taught me to play the piano, but knowing that it was you makes me feel like the luckiest girl in the world. Thank you for bringing that talent out of me, thank you for breaking my nightmares and being there to protect me in my sleep. I thought I was going crazy with the dreams but now I know. Thank you for telling me. I like you, Suga. No, my heart is telling me that I love you. You must've also been my first love Min Yoongi." She sniffled against his shirt. She could hear his sudden rhythmic outburst in his chest.

Min Yoongi. Min Yoongi. Min Yoongi. It sounded so beautiful along her tongue.

He cupped her face and stared into her soft brown eyes as they wandered. It hurt him to see that she's gone blind, he wanted her to see how much he's changed. Maybe all her memories would instantly come back if she had her vision. He stared at her lovingly in silent and she absorbed his warmth and could feel his stare on her. She wished she could stare deep into his eyes and be hypnotized by him. It pained her to be this way. It must've pained him too.

Tears fell along her cheeks; her lips had been puffy and nose had turned red.

Suga kissed her and the sound of waves comforted them further. His kiss was soft and slow, comforting in ways that words would never be. His hand rested below her ear, his thumb caressing her cheek as their breaths mingled with the salty atmosphere. She ran her fingers down his spine, pulling him closer until there was no space left between them and she could feel the beating of his heart against her chest again. 

He spoke into the kiss breathlessly. "I love you, Aera."

______

Aera fell asleep as they laid on the smooth sand, she snuggled against his chest and went off to a quiet snore. Suga admired the night sky and felt her breath blow along his neck, tickling him ever so lightly. He smiled brightly as she curled next to him like a kitten. It was getting cold and she was gripping on to his top inside his jacket as a heat source. He carefully placed her neck on top of his arm and picked her up bridal style into the house. He softly pressed her body along the bed. She shuffled around and curled back up. He removed her coat, cautious of not to wake her.

He attempted to take off the left sleeve but she stretched out, mumbling a few words. It was nearly midnight and he changed into his clothes. He thought of sleeping in the other room, but after a few nights ago was that necessary?

He went under the blanket next to her. The crack of the moonlight shined brightly along her glowy skin, he held her hand and closed his eyes. Insomnia hadn't crept in and he didn't need the help of music to cure the illness. He hadn't fallen asleep that quick since he was in his mother's arms.

A/N: This is one of my FAVORITE chapters. I hope you liked it as much as I did. I had said earlier and I will again, there will be around 64 chapters in total. 

Don't forget to vote and comment. 

I love you all 😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.5K 1.4K 162
Summary: She may think she has Bangtan Sonyeondan wrapped around her fingers. She may think it is easy to love the members equally without hurting a...
148K 5.8K 46
Taehyung is completely devastated upon hearing that Jungkook is getting married in a month. He has always loved the boy but he could never admit his...
384K 12K 56
"Come on (Y/n)... I'll let you get over him". He said as he licked your ear. "But Yoongi---". But he shushed you by kissing you. ~ Choi (Y/n) is a ri...
3.2M 164K 74
𝘉𝘜𝘓𝘓𝘌𝘛 𝘚𝘌𝘙𝘐𝘌𝘚 #1 UNEDITED HIGHEST RANKING: #1 in angst & #2 in fanfiction "how old are you?" he asked. "eighteen." "hmm," he played with...