Better together (a clace fan...

By little_squirrel_234

Jace mysteriously is found dead at the entrance to the institute. Clary is so upset. What happens when he mys... More

Characters
This cant be happening
Feeling better
First day back to school
The institute
Grant
The day it happened
The greenhouse
Takis
School
The fashion show
A big suprise
The calls
A very busy day
Payback
The trip
Telling everyone
Girls night
A day with jace
Leaving for Italy
Italy
Prank wars
The next day
Dreams and Promises
Moving day
The note
Feeling sick
I hate the flu
Where am I?
I need you
The rescue
Recovery
What do I do?
a new friend
Some huge news and of course
Dress shopping
The beach
A day at the beach
Clary's day
A wedding problem
The wedding
The honeymoon
Herondale manor
Back to New York
He wants me back?
The castle
The missing cup and sword
The faerie court
Telling some big news
Questions
The letters
Whats it gonna be?
Shadowhunter academy
Picking out the nursery
How?
Please jem?
Who did this?
2 days
Running out of time
I'm coming Clary
A sleeping clary
Waking up
Going Back to New York
A disney marathon!
She's coming
The bet
A surprise
New and old aquaintances
The truth comes out
A werewolf problem
Poor Wolves
A wolf prison
The auction
A plan
A visitor
The interview and photo shoot
The Jace Journal
Going back to the castle
In the begining
Go home!
Ignored
Logans birthday
Ascension Day
Jerk
Looking for clary
Lightwood family dinner
Sneak peak
Protect her
Vacation
Graces announcement party
Grace leaves
It hurts
Parabatai
The dinner
The horse show
News from mom
The questioning
Camping
California
Queen for a day
The beach
Donuts and birthday presents
Tags
Sorry guys
Alices birthday
Aniversary
Going home
Meetings
Isabelle and Simons wedding
Sorry guys
Siblings
King for a day
Jace gets sick
Jaces Birthday
A declaration
I need an answer
Telling the family
a few days before the wedding
Jonathan and alices wedding
Good news and bad news
Lucy
Baby
Mom
Coming home
Bad news
Grace
Grace meets family
MAGNUS!
Bad news
Graces return party
Neice or nephew?
Los angeles
Seeing family again
Meeting with Aubrey
Meeting with the king and queen
Pack
Midnight
Dont hate me please
Parents
What to do?
Shoping with ash
Work
Introductions
Night
Family
London
Gender reveal
Christmas eve
Christmas
Jaces turn
Meeting with a verlac
1,2...345
Missing
Party
Doctors visits and shopping trips
The day before
Home again
Disneyland
A break in
Hawaii pt. 1
Hawaii part 2
Alice leaves

Coronation day

357 11 13
By little_squirrel_234

I wake up to see the sun coming up. The birds are chirping. Jace is still asleep. I look at the clock. It says 7:50. I lie here for a few minutes till it turns 8:15. I turn over and nudge his shoulder. "Mm" he groans with his eyes still closed. "Come on jace you have to get up" I say sweetly. "No. I'm going to be a mundane today and sleep in till noon" he says still with his eyes closed. "As nice as that sounds you can't. You will miss the coronation if you do and breakfast." "Who cares" he mumbles. "Well if you get up I will go to the kitchen see if they can cut you up some m—" I say but he cuts me off. "Mangoes I'm up" he says a little more excited. "Good. I will go to the bathroom and after go find the kitchen for you" I say and get out of the bed. I walk over to the bathroom and pee and brush my teeth and hair.

I leave he bedroom and walk down the stairs. Chrissie follows me. I walk down the hall and people are rushing around to get ready for the coronation and the ball. We walk around curiously looking around. I find charlotte in the hallway. "Hey Charlotte I was looking for the kitchen. Where is it?" "Go down to the bottom floor of the castle and down the hall second door on the right. Do I need to take your dog out?" "Thanks. That would be great." I say and I tell chrissie to go with Charlotte.

Charlotte and chrissie go down the hall. I turn and keep going in the direction I was told. I find the stairs to the bottom floor and I go down a hallway. I find the second door on the right. I open it and see people cooking things. It smells good in here. "It smells good" I say. They turn and look at me. "Good morning Mrs. Clary, what can we do for you" one man asks me. "Good morning. I was wondering if for breakfast if there is any way you could put out some cut up mangoes with today's breakfast?" "Yes ma'am. I think we can do that" the same man says. "Would you like to taste test one of the desserts for the ball?" "Sure" I say. He brings me a little spoon. I taste it. It's creamy and melts into my mouth. "This is really good" I say with a big smile. "I'm glad you like it your highness." "I do. Thank you for the taste. And thanks for putting out the mangoes for breakfast" I say and turn to leave the kitchen.

I go up to the bedroom to find jace so we can both head over to breakfast since it's almost 8:30. I open the doors and find him sliding on some shoes. "They are going to give you some mangoes. You ready to go down to eat?" He smiles and nods. I hold out my hand and he takes it. He stands up. We both walk down. He sees the people walking around and stops. "What are all these people doing?" "Getting ready for the ball and our coronation." "Oh, that makes sense" he says and takes my hand.

We walk over to the dining hall. When we get here people come out of the side door and bring out tons of breakfast food. We sit down. I grab some bacon, French toast, and fruit and put it on my plate. Jace puts scrambled eggs, French toast, bacon and his mangoes on his plate. I eat and eat until I am sure I cannot eat another bite. Someone asks us if we are done and we say yes. He takes our plate and we walk out of the room and we walk to our bedroom.

When we reach the bedroom I head to the closet. I lay out the dresses on the bed. "Which one" I ask. He looks at the dresses for a while. "This one" he says pointing to the light blue one. "Ok thanks" I say and go hang the other two up. "I'm going to shower before I get ready for the coronation" I say. I go into the closet and pull out a black and white suit for jace. I lay it on the bed. "Do I have to wear this" he whines. "Yes but not very much. You don't have to put it on right now but you will before we have to head down to the throne room for the coronation" I say. I walk into the bathroom before he can argue back. I turn the shower on and hop in. I make sure to shower for a while and take my time. When I get out I wrap myself in a towel and walk out. I see Jace sitting on one of the couches. "You can get in if you're going to take a shower" I say and walk in the closet. I change into a t shirt and shorts. I will put the dress on just before the coronation since I don't want to get it messed up or dirty.

I walk back out and I hear the shower going. I walk out to the balcony and look out. The shower goes on for a while and cuts off. I wait a little bit and he comes out. His hair still wet. I guess he had a change Of clothes since he is dressed in normal clothes. I walk over and sit on one of the couches. He sits next to me. "I have a question." "What is it love?" "How do you shower with wings?" He smiles and says "it takes a long time. I wash myself like normal but I also have to wash the feathers. It takes longer than you think" he says. "So that's why you have been taking long showers once a week" I say. He nods. "So how were your mangoes this morning?" "They were great" he says happy. "Good I'm glad" I say. I give him a short little kiss before heading into the bathroom.

I don't close the door. I look through the cabinets for a hair dryer. I dry my hair. I turn it off and brush through my hair. Jace takes the hair dryer and dries his. When he turns it off I look at him like 'why are you towel drying your hair?' "What you think all of this Beautifulness" pointing to his hair "happens all on its own?" I smile. I continue to brush my hair. I put some concealer on and cover the scar on my cheek. "Why are you covering your scar" he asks. "Because, for the coronation I shouldn't show it. I will uncover it until I need to cover it back again" I say. "But you look beautiful even with it." "Aww... your so sweet. Thank you. I still should probably cover it up. Unfortunately other people don't feel the same way" I cover it up all the way so it's not even showing. I sigh and say "much better."

I walk out of the bathroom. "We still have plenty of time till lunch. I don't know if it's a good idea to go downstairs since they are working on setting everything up. You want me to read some more of the book?" He smiles and his face lights up. He nods.

I grab the book and sit on the couch. He sits in one of the chairs. I open it. I start reading by saying "the escape of the Brazilian boa constrictor earned Harry his longest ever punishment. By the time he was allowed out of his cupboard again summer holidays had started and dudley had already broken his new video camera, crashed his remote control airplane, and, first time out on his racing bike, knocked down mrs. Figg as she crossed privet drive on her crutches. ..." I read for a while. Jace listens. I look over and see the castle clock turn 12:00. I mark the page. I have now reached the middle of chapter 4. I close the book. "No keep going" jace whines. "I didn't know you actually liked it" I say. "I didn't at first but now I do. Keep going we can make it to right before lunch" he says. I sigh and open the book. I keep reading. I don't read for much longer since I know we have to go to lunch soon. It's a good thing I reach the end of chapter before we have to go down to lunch. I close the book. I set the book down next to me. "Come on. Let's go get lunch" I say. We both stand up and leave the room.

It is still crazy around the castle as we head through the halls. We head through to the dining hall and eat lunch. We go back up to our bedroom.

I pick up the dress laying on the bed. I go into the bathroom and change. I slip on the dress and look at myself in the mirror. I look beautiful in this blue dress. I wasn't sure at first about this one but now I like it. 

I go out in the bedroom and tug on the zipper and zip myself up. Jace looks at me and smiles one of the biggest smiles. "Wow" he says and his mouth hangs open. I smile. "You like it?" I spin around once. "I love it. It looks beautiful on you" he says. I smile bigger and start to blush. "Thank you. May I ask why you are not dressed? We have to be in the throne room at 1:00 and it's 12:20." "Because I don't want to wear that" he says simply. "Well what do you want to wear?" "This" he says pointing to what he has on. I look him up and down. He currently is wearing sweat pants and a white t shirt. "I know I would rather wear that too and stay in my sweat pants as well. We can't. If you don't go put this on now I will put it on you myself." He throws his head back and says "ugh... fineee." He changes into his white suit that I made him wear. "Much better. I promise you won't have to dress up much, today will be the first time in a while" I say. I stand on my tippy toes and give him a small kiss.

I walk into the bathroom and start on my hair. I pull out a thing of bobby pins out of the drawer and set it on the counter. I braid a little strand of my hair and put it back. I pin it to my hair with a bobby pin. Next I curl the rest of my hair. I hold it up with at least 20 bobbly pins. I spray a bunch of hair spray to keep it up. I need it to last at least until after the ball.

I walk out and see Jace sitting in the edge of the bed. "You ready to be queen" he asks. "I guess so" I say. "What's wrong? Doesn't every girl want to grow up to be a queen?" "Princess" I correct. "So, you get a promotion" he says.

I walk over and sit next to him on the bed. I sigh and say "I guess so. It's almost one o'clock, you ready to head down?" "I guess so. We should probably get some shoes on first" he says. I look down and see our bare feet. I have to hold back a laugh. "Probably" I say. I run my fingers through his long curly blond hair. "You mess up my hair I'm making you redo it. Love you" I say the love you part smiling. He looks amused by my answer. I stand up and reach out my hand. He takes it and stands up. I walk to the closet. I find some small silver heels.

I sit on the bench in the closet and strap them to my feet. He pulls out a pair of black shoes and slips his feet in them. I stand up and we walk out of the closet. "You are wearing heels" he says like he can't believe it. "Trust me I hate it. If I don't and izzy sees me when she gets here she will probably kill me. I will most likely fall and you will have to catch me." "I will always catch you" he says.

We go to the door and open it. We link our fingers together and walk down the stairs. In the middle of the stairs we are met by Oliver, Charlotte, and Alice. "We were coming to check on you. We were also going to escort you to the throne room. You both look great" Oliver says. We both tell him thanks and follow them to the thrown room. It takes a little while to get there since our bedroom is on the other side of the castle from the throne room. We walk through the doors. I see the two thrones.

There are downworlders here. The consul and inquisitor as well. "Step forward please" the consul says. We do as we are told. I see the mortal sword being held by the inquisitor. "There are downworlders here, as you can see, for proof that they saw you take the oath as king and queen" the consul say.  We both nod. "The mortal sword please" consul penhallow says and Robert lightwood hands it to her. "Who is first" she asks. I look to jace and I release his hand. I step forward.

"Take the mortal sword please" I take the mortal sword in my hands. It lays flat on my palms. I feel it's power course though my veins. "Do you, Clarissa Adele Herondale vow to protect and rule the people of the shadow world, nephilim, and downworlders alike to the best of your ability and rule with your King Jonathan Christopher Herondale forever as long as you live?" I take a deep breath in. "I do" I say. A faerie walks up and presents something to the consul on a small pillow. The consul picks it up. "I now pronounce you, Queen Clarissa Herondale," she says and places a small silver crown on my head.

The inquisitor motions for me to sit at the right throne. I do. My right but the left throne in the pair.

Jace steps up next. The consul holds out the sword for him to take. He does. "Do you, Jonathan Christopher Herondale, vow to protect and rule the people of the shadow world, nephilim and downworlders alike to the best of your ability? And rule together with your Queen Clarissa Alele Herondale forever as long as you live" Jace says "I do." Consul penhallow  takes the second crown off of the pillow. "I now pronounce you king Jonathan Herondale" she says and sets the silver crown on his head. He walks up and takes a seat on the throne next to me.

The consul and inquisitor step down away from us. They are also stepping down from their highest position. I notice the members of both the clave and the council here as well. I didn't notice them before. The downworlders and members of the clave and council along with everyone in the room all get on one knee and bow down to us. Me and jace both look at each other and back at them. I feel a small smile come over my face.

They rise and clear a path for us down the middle towards the balcony. Me and jace stand up. We both walk side by side to the balcony. We both reach the balcony and look over. We see the city. It's full of people looking up at the castle.  They see us and they all bow. I set my hand on the balcony rail. Jace covers my small hand with his bigger one. I look at him and smile. I look back at the crowd. They bow for a few more minutes then rise and look at us. They all clap. They are actually happy to have a king and queen. I wasn't sure how sure they all were about this. Now I am. They are happy and I am happy.

---------------------time lapse now 4:00----------

Me and jace are sitting in the drawing room. Isabelle had planned the ball before we arrived and she left. Alice said that Isabelle said she wants us to make a grand entrance once everyone gets here. I'm honestly not surprised. Izzy is all about grand entrances and showing off.

I look down at my shoulder and gasp. "What's wrong my love" jace asks. "I forgot to cover the scars on my shoulder. Now they are showing. I look awful" I say and put my face in my hands which are lying in my lap. "Clary, love, how many times do I have to tell you, your beautiful even with your scars. It just makes you look even more strong and like the best shadowhunter I know you are. Today is about us. Nobody has the right to say anything about your scars. I love you, scars and all. You are beautiful and perfect just the way you are" he says. I take my face out of my hands and look at him. "You really mean it?" "Every word of it" he says back. I smile. "Thank you jace, you always know just what to say. I love you too. You look very handsome in that suit of yours" I say. "I was expecting something along the lines of sexy but your answer works too" he says. "Only you jace, only you" I say. "So can we still have story time tonight before we go to bed" he asks. "You remind me of a little kid. Yes I can still read Harry Potter to you" I let out a small laugh "as long as I'm not too tired. I never thought you'd like it. I will have to let Simon know." "Yay" he says excited.

I smile. A strand of hair falls down in front of my face that's not supposed to be down. I grab it and pull it back and hold it to one of the bobby pins holding the braid down. I take the crown off my head and look at it. "It looks really pretty on you" jace says. "Thanks. It kind of matches yours" I say. He takes his off. This is the first time we are actually getting to look at them. "Yeah your right. They actually do" he says. "It was probably izzy who picked them out" I say. "Most likely."

We both sit in the drawing room for a few more minutes. The door opens and we turn to see Charlotte. "It's time" she says. Me and jace both stand up and put the crowns back on our heads. We follow Charlotte across the castle and to where the ballroom is. Me and jace link arms and Charlotte opens the door. There is a path leading from the door to the center of the room that people have made for us. We both walk together down the path.

When the ball finally gets going. People are talking and enjoying. I find Tessa. "Hey Tessa" I say. "Hi clary. How do you like it here?" "It's different. It's good though. There's something I want to show you but we will have to sneak out for a minute" I say. She nods. We check to make sure nobody is looking for us and I motion for her to follow me. I walk up to the guard at the door. I lean over to his ear and whisper "I will be right back." He nods and me and Tessa leave the room.

I lead her over to the west wing. "Where are we going" she asks. "A room in the castle I found when I got here. I think you would love" I say. She looks confused. "Just trust me." I motion for her to keep following. She does.

I go to the door and peak in just to make sure this is the right door. It is. "Okay come in" I say. The lights are out so you can't see hardly anything. She walks in with me behind her. "Clary where are we" she asks. I flip the light switch. She gasps. Her face lights up. "This is the library. I figured you'd like to see it. Do you like it?" "This is the most books I have ever seen. It's also one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. I love it." "Good I'm glad. I thought you would like it. Jace hasn't seen it yet." "Oh he will love it" she says smiling. "Yeah he will. Come on we should probably go back to the ball. People will start to think something happened" I say. "I thought you told that guard we would be back" she says. "I did but nobody and I mean nobody can stop jace from finding me if he thinks something happened" I say. "Alright then we better head back" she says. With that we leave the library. I turn off the lights and close the door behind us.

When we get back to the ballroom Jace and Jem both walk up to us. "There you are. We have been looking for you two" Jem says. "Well, we are back now. I just had to show Tessa something, right?" I say. "Oh yeah. Thanks for showing me by the way. It was amazing" Tessa says. "Tessa I have a book question" I say. "Okay?" she says. "Have you read Harry Potter?" "I have. A lot of people have" she says. I turn to jace. "See Jace, I told you she would have." "Wait he hasn't read them" Tessa asks looking shocked. "No he hasn't even heard of it. I'm reading it to him though. He is starting to like it" I say. "I'm surprised. They are good though" Jem says. "Me too. Even the movies are the best" Tessa says. "There are movies" jace asks. "Well of course" I say. Jace looks surprised that he didn't know all of this.

I see Logan peek out from behind Jem. "Hi Logan" I say. "Hi clawy" he says shyly. He is never shy when he is around me. What's up with him? "You look really pwetty" he says. "Thank you. You look very handsome" I say. He is wearing a nice shirt and pants. Almost like a suit but not exactly. I don't think they make suits for one year olds. He looks down and smiles. He starts blushing. Oh my gosh I have never seen Logan act like this. It's absolutely adorable. It must be the fact that he is seeing me in a dress for the first time. I mean he was at the wedding but he was probably asleep through most of it.

"You look gorgeous clary" Isabelle says. "Thanks izzy." "Do you like the crown I picked for you?" "Oh yeah. It's great. I love how the two crowns kind of match" I say. "I figured you would. Silver looks best on you" she says. "How do you know?" "I just do. I know things like that clary. Trust me on this" she says. I laugh. "Okay. If you say so" I say.

People walk in with trays of food. They set them on a long table in the back of the room. "I got a taste test of something I'm not sure if it was dinner or dessert but it was so good" I say. "You got a taste test? That's no fair" jace whines. "I did. I got it when I was asking about your mangoes this morning. You got your mangoes and I got a taste so quit whining" I snap. He rolls his eyes. "You two are so much alike it's scary" Tessa says.

Mom and Luke walk up to us. "Hey you guys. I'm so happy for you clary" my mom says with a big smile. "Thanks mom. I'm so glad you all came." I talk to the others for a while. We eat the food on the table. It is so good. I think what I tasted was some kind of dessert. Everyone of the guests leaves a little after midnight. They all tell me and jace goodbye.

Me and jace head back up to our room. I go into the bathroom and wash my face. I go into the closet and change into some more comfortable clothes.

"Can we still have story time" jace asks. "I guess I can just read one chapter tonight" I say. "Okay" he says excited and jumps on the bed quickly. I grab the book off of the couch and sit on the bed. I open the book. I start reading. "Harry woke early the next morning. Although he could tell it was daylight he kept his eyes shut tight. ..." I make it to read through the fifth chapter. Once I get to the sixth I mark my place and close it.

"So let me get this straight, a big giant guy came in wherever the dursleys and Harry were hiding and saved harry from his terrible family. He took him to get school supplies and left him at the dursleys?" "Yep pretty much" I say. "That's messed up. He could have at least taken Harry with him" jace says. "I agree but it goes that way but it gets better I promise."

I pull back the covers on my side and get in the bed. I lay my head on Jaces chest. He strokes and plays with my long red hair. "Jace..." "hm?" "You think we should keep some of the clave members, to help? I mean we would still make the decisions but it would be nice to keep some of them just in case" I say. "I guess so. Your probably right." "Of course I'm right." I yawn. I flip the lamp switch next to the bed. "Good night jace" I say. I lay my head back on his chest. "Good night my clary" he tells me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 95 36
Freya Morgenstern. Freya had discovered the truth about her family. Her real family. She had been advised to go to Idris with the light woods and Ja...
297K 6.4K 31
Clary Morgenstern is living with her dad Valentine Morgenstern, Jonathan her brother is living with their mother Jocelyn Morgenstern. It's Clary's 16...
3K 143 34
This happens after the city of heavenly fire.(In the Mortal Instruments series) She walks in gracefully and says with so much venom, that I flinch, "...
35.1K 953 19
What would life be like for Clary Morgenstern if she had a normal Shadowhunter family? Her brother didn't have demon blood, her father wasn't a mania...