Better together (a clace fan...

By little_squirrel_234

Jace mysteriously is found dead at the entrance to the institute. Clary is so upset. What happens when he mys... More

Characters
This cant be happening
Feeling better
First day back to school
The institute
Grant
The day it happened
The greenhouse
Takis
School
The fashion show
A big suprise
The calls
A very busy day
Payback
The trip
Telling everyone
Girls night
A day with jace
Leaving for Italy
Italy
Prank wars
The next day
Dreams and Promises
Moving day
The note
Feeling sick
I hate the flu
Where am I?
I need you
The rescue
Recovery
What do I do?
a new friend
Some huge news and of course
Dress shopping
The beach
A day at the beach
Clary's day
A wedding problem
The honeymoon
Herondale manor
Back to New York
He wants me back?
The castle
Coronation day
The missing cup and sword
The faerie court
Telling some big news
Questions
The letters
Whats it gonna be?
Shadowhunter academy
Picking out the nursery
How?
Please jem?
Who did this?
2 days
Running out of time
I'm coming Clary
A sleeping clary
Waking up
Going Back to New York
A disney marathon!
She's coming
The bet
A surprise
New and old aquaintances
The truth comes out
A werewolf problem
Poor Wolves
A wolf prison
The auction
A plan
A visitor
The interview and photo shoot
The Jace Journal
Going back to the castle
In the begining
Go home!
Ignored
Logans birthday
Ascension Day
Jerk
Looking for clary
Lightwood family dinner
Sneak peak
Protect her
Vacation
Graces announcement party
Grace leaves
It hurts
Parabatai
The dinner
The horse show
News from mom
The questioning
Camping
California
Queen for a day
The beach
Donuts and birthday presents
Tags
Sorry guys
Alices birthday
Aniversary
Going home
Meetings
Isabelle and Simons wedding
Sorry guys
Siblings
King for a day
Jace gets sick
Jaces Birthday
A declaration
I need an answer
Telling the family
a few days before the wedding
Jonathan and alices wedding
Good news and bad news
Lucy
Baby
Mom
Coming home
Bad news
Grace
Grace meets family
MAGNUS!
Bad news
Graces return party
Neice or nephew?
Los angeles
Seeing family again
Meeting with Aubrey
Meeting with the king and queen
Pack
Midnight
Dont hate me please
Parents
What to do?
Shoping with ash
Work
Introductions
Night
Family
London
Gender reveal
Christmas eve
Christmas
Jaces turn
Meeting with a verlac
1,2...345
Missing
Party
Doctors visits and shopping trips
The day before
Home again
Disneyland
A break in
Hawaii pt. 1
Hawaii part 2
Alice leaves

The wedding

272 11 0
By little_squirrel_234

3 months later

I am woken up at 8am. I open my eyes to see mom, Isabelle, and Tessa standing next to me. I sit up in the bed. My hair is a mess but I don't care. "Why in the world are you all waking me up?! It is 8am!" "I told you Isabelle. We shouldn't wake her up this early" mom says shaking her head "I always had the hardest time getting her up to go to school when she was little." Tessa giggles and Isabelle just rolls here eyes and says "our future queen is getting married. You have to get up!" "But it's 8am" I whine. "Yes we know" Tessa says smiling ear to ear. "Unfortunately for you, we want you to look... more presentable than what you are wearing right now. Because I don't think Jace wants to see you with your hair a terrible mess" izzy says. I groan and say "fine." I get up and go to the bathroom and get dressed in some normal clothes and brush my teeth and hair.

I walk out to see them still standing there. Izzy grabs my hand and pulls me to the kitchen. I make chrissies bowl and mom and Tessa make me breakfast.

I sit on the barstool and say "so let me guess izzy, jace is still asleep." She nods. That's not fair. He better enjoy it since when we are king and queen he will have to get up at the break of dawn. We both will. I groan. Mom and Tessa set out a plate of waffles, toast, and fruit. I eat.

"It's too early for all of this" I complain. "I know it's early clary but you will thank us later" Tessa says. I roll my eyes and finish eating. "So while the two of us are gone of the honeymoon I need someone to take care of chrissie." "I'll do it" izzy volunteers. I agree to letting her. I make myself some coffee to help myself wake up. It will not be good if I fall asleep and miss my own wedding. I would be one to do that though.

Mom takes out a grocery bag out of the cabinet and starts packing snacks out of my pantry. I guess this will be my only meal of the day except from dinner from the reception. While mom is doing this I go to the hall table and dig through the drawers looking for a spare key. I find one and bring it back to izzy in the kitchen.

I look at the clock and see it is now 10:20. "Okay ladies. Let's go get this girl ready" Tessa says. I laugh and we all leave my house.

Once we are going down the road in Tessa's car she says "so clary, are you excited for tonight?" "Of course I am. I just don't understand why I have to get up super early. I mean the wedding is not until 6:30."

We drive down the road in silence until mom says "we jut have to pick up izzy and Maia's bridesmaids dresses." We drive up to the Sherri hill building. I tell mom and Tessa to wait in the car while me and izzy go in and pick up the two dresses. They turned out really good.

Izzy grabs hers and I grab Maia's. "Maia is going to meet us at the hair place. The five of us are getting our hair done together for the wedding" Isabelle says as we go down the elevator. I nod my head and we keep walking down. Once we get back in the car mom says "we just have a few last minute things to get before we head over to the hair place."

We go by all sorts of places getting ribbon, flowers and other things. I can't stop smiling today. It just seems so perfect. It seems to go by so slow though. I'm marrying Jace, the love of my life, one of the few people who now knows me the best.

As we are going down the road over to the hair salon Isabelle says "your going to love the place for the honeymoon. I just know you will. I'm not telling you where but it's going to be great" she squeals. "I hope you're right. Wait he told you where we are going?" "Yeah. I just know you are going to love it" she squeals.

Now I want to know where we are going. We pull up to a big hair salon. We get out of the car. I see Maia waiting outside for us. She runs up to me and hugs me. We all go inside and check in.

"I really think I should keep my hair down for the wedding" I say. "No, I know jace likes it up but you need to put it up, just this once" Isabelle says.

I'm here for 4 long hours. I am hungry. It is now 4:15. They finally finish with my hair. It looks so good. When every one of us gets done we all look amazing.

Four of us get in Tessa's car and Maia gets in hers. We go go to mom and Luke's first. "We just have to get the wedding dress. I know just where it is" mom says and gets out. The front door opens before she even takes a step and Luke comes outside of the house. They talk for a minute then they both disappear into the house. Mom comes back out with a big dress bag in her hands. Tessa opens the back door. Mom sets the dress down. She gets back in the car and we leave the little apartment. 

We pull up in front of the institute. "Why are we here" I ask. "I just have to grab a few things first before we go to the farmhouse" Isabelle says and gets out. She runs up the steps and disappears inside.

She comes out a few minutes later with a bag. "I can't stand that boy" she says sounding annoyed and a little mad. "Which boy? There are lots that live here" Tessa says before I can. "All of them. They are just sitting in the hallway on the floor doing nothing. Just sitting on the floor staring off into space like the idiots they are" Isabelle says. The rest of us laugh. "Hey" I say "one of those idiots is my idiot." We all laugh again. "Well you can have him" Izzy says "in fact take them all." "No thanks, just one is fine" I say.

We start moving again and head over to the farmhouse. It takes us a while to get there but we finally get there.

We finally get here. It's nice to be back here. Mom unlocks the door and we get in. I immediately go into the kitchen to find some food. I find a box of cheese its.

I dig into the box for a few minutes then the girls find me in the kitchen and take the box out of my hands. "No food" Maia says. "But I'm hungry" I whine. "I don't care. We cant have you messing up anything. You just ate something, now come on, we have to get you to get bathroom. I have to do your makeup" Isabelle says. Maia and the others nod. I sigh and follow her. She takes forever to do my makeup. I turn around and see it looks good. It looks natural which I like. I peek around the curtain in one of the bedrooms and see cars coming down the gravel pavement. There are other people finishing set up.

Mom and Tessa walk in holding the wedding dress bag. "Time to get on the dress" mom says. They both have a huge smile on their faces. I do too.

Mom takes the dress out of the bag. They unzip the back of the dress I step in and Tessa zips me up. They both look at me and I can see tears start forming in moms eyes. "You look so beautiful clary" she says. "thank you Mom" i say and hug them both. I sit down on the bed and pull the shoes out of the shoe box that we got. I slip the shoes to my feet.

"Oh no" mom says when I sit up. "What" I ask her." "Clary, You cant wear that necklace with that dress. They just don't go together" she says. Her saying I cant wear this necklace is like a knife burning through my heart. "Sorry mom. I am keeping it on. I know and understand it might not match very well but I am never taking it off. In fact, I think I will put it on the outside of the dress" I say. I hear my stomach growl and I stand up I leave the bedroom and go to the bag that mom packed. I dig through the bag and I pull out a snack bag of Cheetos. I open the bag and eat some of them with caution. I have to try hard not to get it on the dress. If I do mom and the others will murder me and I don't feel like dying today.

I see the front door is locked. It was smart to do that so the boys wouldn't come in. I go back up to the same bedroom and sit down on the bed and pull out my phone. I sit here for a while. Isabelle and Maia come in. "Can you zip us up" Maia asks. I get up and they turn around. I zip them up in the back. "You look gorgeous clary" Maia says. They both give me a huge hug. "Thanks you both do too" I say.

Isabelle spots the empty bag of Cheetos on the bed and she gasps."You didn't just eat those Cheetos?!" she says panicking. "I did. I told y'all I was hungry. I did not get it on the dress, I promise. I was careful not to." "Turn around slowly let me make sure you didn't. I swear on the angel if you messed up that dress or got even one teeny tiny spot on it I will kill you and get your mom and Tessa to help me do it"izzy says and I do as I am told. "You look clear clary" I sigh in relief because if her words were deathly and some of the most scariest things I have ever heard. Not many  people can scare me but my mom and Isabelle sure can.

Mom and Tessa walk in looking beautiful as well. Mom is wearing a purple dress, and Tessa is wearing a short white dress with red roses on it.

"Oh I love those dresses you guys" I say and we all smile. We all look amazing. "You ready to do this clary" mom asks me. I sigh and smile. "Absolutely" I say. As we sit in this small bedroom we talk and wait for the time to come for me to go out and become Clarissa Adele Herondale. I'm so super excited! "So everyone in Idris knows the two of you are getting married" Isabelle says. I feel my smile get even bigger if that is even possible. We hear a knock on the front door of the house. All of our heads snap up and we all look at each other. "I will go get it" Tessa says and she leaves the room. We sit in silence as we wait for her to come back.

Tessa comes back and Luke follows her. "Hey girls. You all ready? You all look great" he says. "Yes. We are all ready" I say.

We stand up and head over to the front door. Tessa goes out first to be with Jem and Logan who now is a year old and can walk a little. We all wait a few minutes then Maia walks out first then followed by Isabelle. I link arms with Luke. "Let's do this" I say. My heart starts racing before we walk out. I look up to see Jace standing there in all of his golden glory. We walk down to him and Luke give me a kiss on the cheek before passing me off. I grab jaces hand and we walk up.

I cant stop looking into his big beautiful golden eyes. He looks absolutely gorgeous. I totally zone out everything else. We do the runes. I get the herondale ring on my finger. I finally hear the six words I have been waiting for "you may now kiss the bride." We lean into each other. It seemed to me like we were the only people in this world. Suddenly I am aware of the others around us clapping.

We break apart and walk down hand in hand. I quickly go into the house to change. I change into a short gold dress. I have been dying to get out of that huge dress.

We meet back outside the house. It looks different now. Probably with magnus' help. There is a big white tent that i'm guessing is for the reception. We walk to the tent hand in hand to see the others.

They all see us and izzy runs to us first and gives us a big hug. We follow her over to a table where Maia, Alec, and Simon are. We sit down side by side. We sit here and everyone at our table talks for a while.

Food is brought out for dinner. It has never looked so good to me before. I technically haven't had a full meal since breakfast just small snacks in between now and then. Our table gets up first and gets our food. I stack my plate with everything.

"You hungry" jace asks looming at my plate. We take our plates back to our table and sit down. All the other tables now stand up and get their food. "I haven't eaten since breakfast. Just had small snacks in between now and then." "Why" he asks. "Because as much as I wanted to mom, Isabelle, Tessa, and Maia wouldn't let me eat anything. They were too worried I would mess up my hair and everything" I say and Isabelle and Maia roll their eyes.

The first dance is to all I ever need by Austin Mahone . The rest of the night everyone dances and has fun. Me and jace sit down at a table tired after a while. I've never been happier than I am right now.

Izzy stands up. "Can I get everyone's attention please" she says. Everyone looks at her. I see mom, Tessa, Magnus, Simon, and Alec smiling. "A few of us have put together a little surprise for clary and jace. I hope you both like it" she says. She walks over and connects a laptop to a tv. She does something on the laptop and the next thing I know I see a baby picture of me. It goes through with pictures of me, pictures of Jace, and pictures of the both of us. It goes on for a while. I see the pictures izzy took of us at the beach. Especially the one of me asleep on him. I lean over at him. "We are so dead for that one" I whisper. "Yes we are. But we will die together then" he says softly. Somewhere in there is a picture of me in the morning with my hair in a messy bun looking my worst. At that I just throw my head in my hands.

"I love it izzy" I say when she comes and sits back down. "Good I'm glad. I hoped you would" she says. We all sit here and talk, eat and laugh. Finally people get ready to leave at 1:30 am. We both stand up and say goodbye to everyone. Tessa and Jem come up first. "Bye clary. Bye Jace. Congratulations. We have to get this little boy home" Jem says. Logan is asleep with his head on Tessa's shoulder. "Bye guys" I say and give them both a hug. Jace does the same. It's weird now that I am somewhat related to tessa and they are the ones who put the protection spell on me when I was born.

Alec and Magnus comes up next. "Hey guys. We are happy for the two of you. If you don't mind, it's getting late and we are going to head out" Alec says. "Yeah sure. It looks like other people have the same idea" I say. We give them both a hug. "Take care of her for me jace" Magnus says. Jace nods. They leave.

Isabelle and Simon are next. They go straight into the hugs. "Congrats you two. I'm so happy for you both" Simon says. They both are smiling. "Yeah and there is finally another girl in the family besides mom and she is no fun" Isabelle says. The four of us laugh. They leave. I see a limo pull around the corner. "A limo" I turn to jace and ask. "Yeah. How else would we get to your house." "My house?" I mean Why would we need to go to my house. "Yeah. How else would we get our stuff to go to the honeymoon." "I haven't packed anything though" I tell him. "I did before I came here." My eyes widen "ah oh. That might be a bad thing. I will need to check before we go wherever you're taking me." "Whatever you want beautiful girl" he says. I look up at him and smile. Now I badly want to know where we are going. The limo pulls up to us.

We say goodbye to some more people who came.

Mom and Luke walk up to us. They both hug me. "Oh clary I'm so happy for you. Jace be good to her" mom says. "Don't worry I will" he says. They both give the two of us another hug and say goodbye. We get in the limo.

"So can you please tell me now where we are going" I ask him. He reaches in his pocket and hands me a plane ticket to harbor island in the Bahamas. I gasp and say "no way." He smirks and says "yes way. You said you have not been many places out of New York. I knew you'd like the Bahamas." "I'm sure I will" I say and give him a quick kiss. "Your right. I have never been to the Bahamas but I have always wanted to go" I say. "Well now you can go" he says. "How are you able to pay for this" I ask him. "That is for me to know and you not to worry about." "You didn't steal anything did you?" "No. Let's just say... I had a little help." I nod my head. We soon pull up to my house.

He tells the driver we will be right back. I unlock the door and go inside. I don't see chrissie so I guess Isabelle took her to the institute. I find my suitcase in my room lying on he bed. I unzip it and go through it. Most of it seems ok but I change out some things for ones I like better. I zip it back and we head back to the limo. We put both of our suitcases in the trunk and get back in the limo.

We get on a plane. We fly first class. Once again I am wondering how he is paying for all of this but I am not worried about it.

"You know, my mom didn't want me to wear this necklace for the wedding" I say. He looks at me confused and asks why. "I don't know. Something about how it doesn't match with the dress. I told her I didn't care and I was keeping it on." He smiles at this. "It looked fine. You looked gorgeous with that dress" he says. I smile and blush. I fall asleep not long after with my head leaning up against his arm.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 75 11
Jace is madly in love with his Clary. Their relationship have been surrounded by so many tragedies. He lost Clary while battling Lilith but founder h...
4.6K 104 42
Shitty start, gets better, gimme a shot plz. After Jace cheats on Clary with Kaelie, Clary goes running away to see Simon who helps her get over this...
45.4K 880 54
"Family isn't just blood, Clary." _____________________________________ Following Jocelyn Fairchild's untimely death, Clary realizes she has no-one l...
263K 7.2K 106
For a year Clary Fray had felt something was missing from her life. She felt the weight of memories and stories which were locked away from her. Unti...