Metamorphasis

By WhisperOfSouls

Lilly was considered the runt of her pack. Nobody saw her as anything more than the ugly duckling but she was... More

Prologue - The Event
Author's Note
Chapter 1 - Meeting Liz
Chapter 2 - My Alpha, My Mate, My Friend
Chapter 3 - The Oath
Chapter 4 - Surprise
Chapter 5 - New Discovery/My Leave
Chapter 6 - A True Vision
Chapter 7 - A secret
IMPORTANT - Update
Chapter 8 - A New Beginning
Chapter 9 - Confusion/Change
Chapter 10 - Dinner
Chapter 11 - Time Lapse
Chapter 12 - Broken
Chapter 13 - The Ride
Chapter 14 - Prep
Chapter 15 - Surprise Reunion
Chapter 16- Test
Chapter 17-Unknown
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 21-Part 2
Chapter 22
IMPORTANT UPDATE
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
CHAPTER 25
Chapter 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
SHORT MAIN CHARACTER BIOS
CHAPTER 32
NOT TO OFFEND ANY READERS
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34 PART 1
SIDE NOTE
CHAPTER 34 PART 2
CHAPTER 34 FINAL PART-PART 3
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
SHORT EXPLANATION/RE-CAP
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
IMPORTANT NOTICE
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
UPDATED CHARACTER BIOS!!!
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
HALLOWEEN SPECIAL
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
Chapter 68
QUESTION FOR MY READERS
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
PLEASE READ : Goodbye Kitty
CHAPTER 73 PART 1
CHAPTER 73 - PART 2
KEEP IN MIND - NON STORY RELATED ADVICE...But please read.
CHAPTER 74
CHAPTER 75
SURVEY QUESTION
SNEAK PEAK - GUESS WHO THIS IS
CHAPTER 76 - BETTER THAN ME
AUTHORS NOTE - SKIP IT/IGNORE IT IF YOU DONT LIKE IT
CHAPTER 77
CHAPTER 78 - CURTAIN CALL
CHAPTER 79 - The Mind Is The Worst Prison
CHAPTER 81 - "Hello, Mr. Stranger"
Chapter 82 - New Dawn
CHAPTER 83 - BRING IT ON
NOT AN UPDATE

CHAPTER 80 - The Struggle

4.4K 212 27
By WhisperOfSouls

RESPECT YOURSELF, RESPECT THE AUTHORS, AND ALL THE CONTRIBUTORS! DO NOT PLAGIARIZE!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

SWEAR WORDS AHEAD!!! READ AT YOUR OWN DISCREATION. ALSO, WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE NEW COVER? LIKE IT? HATE IT? LET ME KNOW!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

IMPORTANT!!!

THIS CHAPTER PICKS UP WHERE CHAPTER 78 - CURTAIN CALL ENDED. THIS CHAPTER AND CURTAIN CALL ARE MERGED IN THE SENSE THAT BOTH ARE HAPPENING AT THE SAME TIME. If you have any question message me or leave a comment.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"We all make choices --- Our own decisions. Who we are in this world, What we become, and What we do in it. Generous or selfish. Happy or sad. Good or evil. It's all comes down to choices, and the decisions we make each make every day in our lifes."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

RECAP:

Suddenlly, the doors to the surgical room burst opened and out stepped a doctor in a blood stained surgical suit.

He slowly lowered his mask and turned to look straight at Alpha Maddox as if they were sharing some sort of private conversation that we weren't allowed to be part of. It was possible. For all I knew they pretty well could've been but I couldn't be sure about it since I wasn't part of there pack and therefor didn't share their link.

The blood splattered doctor took a deep breath before turning to look at us and beginning to speak.......

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Lilly's POV

I stood there paralysed as scenerio after scenerio passed through my head with all the different horrible possibilities as to what could've happened to Daniel in that room but nothing, nothing, could've prepared me for what the doctor was about to tell me.

"Mrs. Riverdale...I'm sorry to inform you that due to the severity of Mr. Winters wounds when he arrived; we've had to induce coma,"

I stared at him unable to believe his words.

No...

This couldn't be happening.

It just couldn't be.

Not to Daniel...Not to me...

No...

"A coma?"

"No..." I muttered and he looked at me, sadness, pity and compassion reflected clearly in his eyes.

It angered me.

It angered me to see all those emotions in his eyes.

I didn't need her sadness or her compassion and I sure as hell didn't need his pity.

All those emotions were useless if they couldn't help heal Daniel.

'Useless.' If they couldn't bring him back to me in one piece.

He was one of my best and most trusted friends. I couldn't loose him. I cared too much about our friendship to just let him go like this.

This just couldn't be happening.

"I'm sorry but we had no other alternative, Mrs. Riverdale," I stared at her and she paused. I wasn't sure what she saw in my eyes that made her take a step back or how a couple of seconds later I was snarling at her face demanding to see Daniel.

But here I was --- Utterly pissed off at the world and demanding to see my injured friend.

"No!...No!"

I screamed as Nathan held me back inches away from ripping out the doctors throat. But he couldn't keep me silent.

"Let me see him! Let me see him! I have to see him!" I kept demanding to see him but Nathan wouldn't let me go. The doctor wouldn't listen to me as he seemed to be more scared of me than anything else and Alpha Maddox?

Well, he just stood in the middle of all the commotion keeping me from attacking the doctor who seemed to be slowly retreating to as an attempt to get as far away from me as possible before I could get free and jump at his jugular.

"His wound was much to grave for even his wolf genes alone to heal. We had to give his body a chance to regenerate or he could've most certainly died --- The pain alone was enough to kill him. We have done everything in our power to save his life."

I wasn't listening anymore. There was a ringing in my ears and my vision was growing clouded.

I growled loudly baring my elongated teeth.

"Inducing a coma was the only option we had to save him. But unless he fights to pull through and his body helps heal him. Then I'm afraid...I'm afraid there won't be much else we can do to help him."

That was it.

In what appeared to be a mere couple of seconds Alpha Maddox pushed the doctor to the wall behind him at the same time that I twisted escaping Nathan's tight grip and sent him flying against a hospital wall. His body left an indentation on the hospital wall but he got straight back up without dusting himself off or any apperant injury.

I stalked closer to the doctor my body igniting with each and every step I took.

My eyes darkened.

My nose flared.

I smelled fear thick in the air.

My claws elongated and I jumped hitting nothing but thin air.

I growled.

The doctor had moved only a couple of inches away just I had struck causing me to miss my target.

Rage was blinding me. I saw fear reflected it in the doctors eyes while the Alpha's eyes turned black positioning himself to fight me if I tried to attack them once more.

After all I wasn't part of his pack and he, the doctor, was. In fact, the doctor was a well known and respected member of this community.

I, on the other hand was a complete stranger.

My fire grew lightly scorching my surroundings as sweat began to bead on everyones skin, "Let me see him!" I ordered once more but nobody moved.

Everyone was frozen in place, watching me.

I began to pace around and then stopped to crouch readying myself to launch across the room once again. My fire began flickering rapidly and dangerously, licking everything they touched.

"I will see him."

I snarled making a statement and jumped at them.

The Alpha shifted and at the same time I felt Nathan jumping on me his arms wrapping around me in a vice like grip keeping me frozen on one spot unable to move.

We fell to the floor as he pinned me to the ground.

"I'm sorry." He whispered in my ear, "I'm sorry." He repeated but without letting me go or loosing his hold on me.

I snarled angriely, baring my teeth and nashing at everything and everyone I could.

Before I could completely register just what he was sorry about I felt the pinch of a syringe biting deep into my skin.

My eyes grew wide and weakened.

"Wha..." but I couldn't finish my sentence or a single word. I was just too weak to move or do anything else. Nathan had already pushed the plunger on the syringe before I could say or do anything else; rapidly sending the entire contents withing the syringe flowing through the needle and into my body.

My vision grew clouded but this time it wasn't caused by my anger.

He let me go and I stood up shakily before falling once again.

This time Nathan caught me in his arms, his eyes showed me all his worry and the smallest trace of guilt.

"I'm sorry but you're going to be ok."

"I hate you."

My voice was barely audible.

Barely more than a whisper but he heard me and flinched.

Good.

Then the darkness took me and everything was silent...

Nathan's POV

Lilly grew limp in my arms as the anesthesia did its work and I pulled out the syringe. "Is she ok? That was enough anesthesia to knock out over half a dozen wolfs." The doctor asks and I nodded, "She'll be fine. Severely pissed off but otherwise unharmed." I explained standing up and cradling her body next to my own body.

Her fire was still flickering rapidly but it was much lower than before until finally they slowed down before stopping completely.

"With her metabolism and fire the anesthesia won't last more than a couple of, I know. Trust me." I added and turned to look at Alpha Maddox, "I will pay for all the damage just send me the bill..." I was unable to finish my sentence after all what else could I say? "Ummm, I should take her home. Alpha, could you drive us home?" I asked him as they both stared at me, at Lilly, "Doctor, if you could please not mention this to anyone. Lilly isn't prepared to deal with all the questions."

I started walking outside with Lilly in my arms, "This will stay between us. Nothing happened..." I hear Alpha Maddox say as the doors close behind me and then follows me. The drive home was eerily quiet and I began to grow tense at the prospect of Lilly waking up and quite literally biting of my head. She groaned but didn't wake, "Are you sure she's going to be alright? She hasn't opened her eyes or anything." The Alpha asked me.

"Of course she will be. I can't say the same thing about me though." I ended my sentence in a low whisper. Soon our home came into view and for a second I saw a shimmer all around it and cursed. "Lockdown, dam it!" I murmured to myself and the Alpha glanced at me, "What?" I ignored him and looked down at Lilly as she began to stir.

"Daniel....No...No..."

Slowly so slowly that it could've all just been in my mind; She opened her eyes and stared at me. Hatred evidently in her eyes.

"You...will...pay...for this..."

Her eyes closed again and I let out the breath I hadn't realized I was holding. The moment we arrived I opened the door, took her in my arms and sat down with her on the sidewalk waiting for the explosion that was sure to come once she regained consciousness.

Lilly's POV

I could feel him cradling me against his body while whispering in my ears, "God, Lilly you would've done the same thing....I know you would've and besides if I had let you burn down the hospital you wouldn't have forgiven yourself or me for that matter." I rolled my eyes. Sure, he was right. I would've done the same thing or worse and I wouldn't have forgiven myself if I had let myself burn down a hospital.

He had done the right thing but shit! That didn't stop me from being pissed off as hell at him for doing it. All my anger from before was now directed entirely at him.

At him and Ashley.

Ashley you bitch!

It was taking a lot of self control to keep pretending to be asleep, to remain silent and I was getting bored just laying still in his arms listening to him talk.

"Lilly..." Nathan sighed my name and I rolled my eyes.

"Unbelievable." I murmured and quickly stood leaving him sitting down with an expression of utter confusion.

"Lilly, wait!" I stopped.

"Leave. Me. A-lone. I can't do this right now Nathan. Please just...just go. I can't see you right now." I murmured angriely and walked inside.

"What happened?"

I saw Jay sitting down on the couch sporting a look of intense concentration and worry.

"Daniel is in a Coma and Nathan won't be coming here for awhile. You can release them but stay on guard, stay vigilant to everything and report to me. I doubt any of you guys participated in h...the events but I won't be blinded by any other surprise attacks."

I took a deep breath.

"Go rest. I'll be in my room and if anything comes up let me know; otherwise keep everyone, everyone, out of the third floor including my brother. If anyone needs to contact me link me but keep them away."

"And Nathan?"

"Right now, he knows better than to approach me."

I turned around, left him standing there and quickly walked up to the third floor; And into Danny's room where his blood was now beginning to dry and flake off. I took in the bloody mess and slid down his closed door, "Danny..." Hot, salty tears begin to make their way down my cheeks as I wrap my hands around around my knees and look out of his balcony staring into the forest. "Beep!"

I had known Daniel for a couple of years and more than a trusted guard, he was my friend. "Beep!" Someone I had grown to trust and admire him. Hell, I trusted him with my life and I cared about him a lot.

Beep!

Ok, yes, I understood how some people might missinterpret that but, "Beep!!!" I looked up angriely and tried to locate the source of the inssecent beeping that kept distracting me from my inner monolouge.

"Beep! Beep!"

I listened closely to the beeping and finally located the source.

     I knelt down to look under his bed and saw the glowing cellphone screen that belonged to his phone. "Beep!", "Beep!", "Beep!". I tried reaching it with one hand but found that it was deeper into the dark abyss under the bed than I had thought. I quickly slipped under the bed,  pulled out his cellphone, looked at the screen and answered the call.

Before the caller could even speak up I began to release all my anger to a complete stranger.

"Look, I don't know who you are but since your number is registered then Danny must know you. I don't know because all the screen is showing me is a fucking alphabet letter. I don't know if you're his friend, his aquaintence, his lover, his family member or for all I fucking know a complete fucking stranger. I don't know and right now ... Right now.  I. Don't. Give. A. Fuck."

I took a deep breath and continued with my rant. Surprisingly enough the caller hadn't hanged up on me yet.

I could feel a fresh bout of angry tears spilling over my lashes and down my face but I couldn't stop them. "Daniel...Danny...Danny..." I gasped struggling for breath.

     "He was subjected to extreme trauma in an attack directed at his person. Right now he's in a hospital, in a medically induced coma to save his life and under supervision. But they don't give us much hope and I...I...I don't know know if he is going to make."

I finish but my voice was soo low that I wasn't sure if the caller had even heard me.

I began gasping for breath, struggling to hold it together for Danny's sake, for my sake, for Nathan's sake, for my families sake, for my packs' sake --- for...for heavens sake. The phoneline was silent but the caller was still on the line.

"I will be there in a couple of hours."

Click!

The line went dead and I layed spread eagle on the floor with Danny's phone in my hands, "Forgive me." I closed my eyes, slowed down my breathing and let the darkness take me. When I open my eyes the moon is in the sky and I'm laying down on the floor clutching Danny's beeping phone.

I answer it.

"I'm in your front lawn. Open the door and let me in."

The line goes dead and I move as if on autopilot through the blood soaked room, down the stairs and to the front door.

Nobody stops me.

Nathan isn't home, Danny is in the hospital and as for everyone else...they were far into dreamland by now.

I open the door.

No one is there.

A shadow moves.

I look out for a couple of seconds and close the door with a shrug.

The hair on the back of my neck prickles.

Another shadow moves and suddenly someones behind me.

Something covers my mouth and I freeze.

A hand.

A gloved hand is over my mouth.

"Don't..."

      A male --- but that's all he gets out before I flip him over my back, throw him to the floor and pick him back up. I slam him against the wall with more force than nessecary, my forearm pressed tightly against his throat keeping him in place.

My other arm holds both of his over his head.

A picture frame falls off the wall and the glass shatters.

It wasn't important.

Nobody wakes up.

There is no noise within the house.

No movement.

My teeth are elongated, bared, and a low angry snarl leaves my mouth.

I growl menancingly but he doesn't move and I dont detect any fear coming from him.

He was dressed entirely in black and hidden very well under the shadows.

His appearance is a total mystery to me but I'm positive he's a he and not a her.

Why?

Well --- his voice gave him away.

His voice was strong, confident, manly and much too deep to belong to a girl.

Everyone knew that no girl could ever get her voice to sound so deep and manly.

There was just no way.

Not unless they had something helping them to disguise their voice but he didn't appear to be doing that.

I stopped snarling and growling but made no effort to retract my teeth or to release him.

"Who the fuck are you and what the hell are 'you' doing in my house?"

He clears his throat and I press him harder against the wall.

"Give me one fucking good reason not to kill you."

"He would hate you."

His voice was weak, low --- barely more than a whisper and laced with pain.

He didn't need to tell me who he was. It was obvious he meant Daniel.

Who was he?

I release him.

He dusts himself off but says nothing instead he just stands there silent and statuesque.

I take advantage of the silence and in a moment check him out from head to toe but there isn't much to see. His entire body is covered in the semi-darkness under the shadows created by the moonlight streaming in through the windows and crystal doors. Even if there were good light I doubt I would be able to see much of the stranger.

He was entirely dressed entirely in black. He had a pair of non descript black military combat boots, black fatigues, and a long sleeved black army jacket with a hood that kept his entire face from view. I had no idea who he was and his scent was unfamiliar to me. I didn't know him and I'd never met him before or I would be able to recognize his scent but I couldnt.

He was a mystery to me. Something glinted from under his sleeves.

Silver...

I didn't scream or sound the alarm if he had wanted to kill, I'm sure he would've already done so. I could percieve his dangerous aura but somehow even though every instict I had told me to run or even fight.

I didn't.

There was no need.

He posed no danger to me and besides he meant me no harm.

I didn't know how I knew that but I just did.

      I just knew he meant me no harm even though I had just had him pinned to the wall cutting off his air supple. He should be trying to attack me but he wasn't. Sure, he was radiating pain, worry, anger and rage that was totally off the charts but --- he wasn't attacking me.

In fact, he wasn't doing anything at all. He was just standing there completely still.

Doing nothing.

Saying nothing.

Plotting?

I couldn't be sure.

Was I asleep? Was this a dream? A hallucination?

Was this really happening or was it just happening in my head?

Was I imagining this?

Movement.

Subtle almost undetectable but he had definetely moved.

I'd seen him move.

Maybe I wasn't crazy after all...

"Hello..." he began but this time I didn't attack him.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I know! I know! I've been gone for forever but I hope that I still have all my loyal readers :) Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter and will continue to read this story as it progresses. In a couple more chapters you'll find out what 'really' happened to Daniel. 1 question though --- Who do you think is the mysterious figure in black and hidden by the shadows? The only clues you have is that one, it's a male, and two, he has an alphabet letter name. You should know him....

VOTE, COMMENT, ADD, SHARE AND/OR FOLLOW THE WRITER!

P.S. THANK YOU ALL FOR READING!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

CHAPTER IS SUBECT TO CHANGE!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

392K 13.3K 37
Lilly, a human, is caught between two overbearing alphas. Both claim her, but only one will have her. A story that contains passion and betrayal. ...
999K 34.6K 42
Rose was able to find a pack that wouldn't force her into marriage, The Red Wind pack, but it all went downhill one unfaithful day. The Luna of The R...
188 0 22
Lily has many secrets, her insomnia, her powers as a wolf and how she feels. Then she meets her mate and they don't hit off. Then he rejects her. How...
1.6M 64.7K 15
Runt doesn't know what his real name is. He's been called that for his entire life by everyone he knows, and cannot remember being addressed as anyth...