Haven Harbour: Beyond the Sea...

By cliffordpunkrock

Engaged, happy, and in love, Carter Chase and Ashton Irwin are setting off on a new adventure as she joins hi... More

Prolouge
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chater 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chaper 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150
Chapter 151
Chapter 152
Chapter 153
Chapter 154
Chapter 155
Chapter 156
Chapter 157
Chapter 158
Chapter 159
Chapter 160
Chapter 161
Chapter 162
Chapter 163
Chapter 164
Chapter 165
Chapter 166
Chapter 167
Chapter 168
Chapter 169
Chapter 170
Chapter 171
Chapter 172
Chapter 173
Chapter 174
Chapter 175
Chapter 176
Chapter 177
Chapter 178
Chapter 179
Chapter 181
Chapter 182
Chapter 183

Chapter 180

535 20 1
By cliffordpunkrock

School started two weeks after Ann left and that time seemed to fly by. We were getting Brooklyn in a routine, and he seemed to be getting more active as well. Ashton and I got used to sleeping whenever Brooklyn slept and also bought the strongest coffee our grocery store sold.

A few days before school started, Ashton and I took Gracie up to the school to register her for kindergarten since she'd be starting her first year in school.

Ashton had made a file folder with all of her records and birth certificate and social security number so we wouldn't miss anything.

The four of us drove to the school and I had Ender and Gracie sit in the front office on the sofa while me and Ashton who was holding onto Brooklyn, walked up to the front desk.

"Oh Carter, it's so nice to see you!" Mrs. Betty hugged me.

"Hi. It's good to see you too." I hugged her back.

"And who is this?" She asked, looking over the counter at Brooklyn.

"Um this is Brooklyn." I smiled.

"Are you babysitting?"

"No, he's mine. I just had him a few weeks ago?" I bit my lip.

"Oh I didn't even know you were pregnant! Congratulations! He is precious!" She beamed.

"Thank you." I laughed.

"So what can I help you with?"

"We need to register Gracie for kindergarten." I nodded to the little girl sitting on the sofa.

"Okay, I'll call the registrars and they will get you right in." She smiled and went for the phone.

Ashton and I went to the sofa to sit next to the kids when Brooklyn became a bit fussy so I took him to go change his diaper in one of the restrooms.

I was on my way back to the front office, cooing at the little baby in my arms when I heard my name being called.

Looking up I saw a face I hadn't seen in a long while: Wyatt.

"Hey." I said as he walked up to me.

"I haven't seen you around here for a while. Coming back to coach the team?" He grinned as he approached.

"Yeah, I went on the road with Ashton for a little while then came home. And no, I don't think I'll be coaching anytime soon." I laughed.

"Ah, and who's this?" Wyatt looked down at the baby.

"This is Brooklyn." I smiled.

"He looks like you." Wyatt laughed.

"Well he is my son so I would hope so." I chuckled and Wyatt froze.

"Wait, he's your son? You had a baby?"

"Yeah. I didn't find out I was pregnant until I was about six months along, but here we are." I smiled down at Brooklyn.

"Six months...so you were pregnant when you were coaching our team?"

"Yeah. I was like two-three weeks along."

"Oh my gosh we were so rough on you, we didn't hurt him did we?" He looked panicked.

"No, he's perfectly healthy." I laughed.

"Good. So what are you doing here at the school?"

"We came to register Gracie for kindergarten." I smiled, feeling Brooklyn's hand at my chest. "What is it, sweet boy?" I kissed his face before looking back up.

"That's cool. Congratulations by the way. You and Ashton must be pretty excited."

"We are." I smiled. "Brooklyn is one loved little baby."

"That's great." He smiled.

"Well I better get back to my family, but it was nice to see you." I smiled.

"It was good to see you too. And nice to meet you Brooklyn." He grinned at the tiny boy.

"See you around." I said and made my way back to the office, rejoining Ashton at the sofa.

"What took so long?" He asked.

"I ran into Wyatt in the hallway."

"Wyatt? Oh yeah, I remember him."

"Yeah. He was pretty surprised to hear about this one." I nodded down at Brooklyn.

Ashton laughed and we waited a bit longer until we were called into the back with Mrs. Landry who registered new students.

After she was registered we took her out to get new clothes for school, Ashton and Gracie wanting to buy the whole girls clothing department for her while me and Ender shook our heads.

On the first day back at school, it was definitely a hassle getting everything and everyone ready.

Ender took a twenty minute shower that had Ashton banging on the bathroom door telling him to get out because he was using all the hot water. I finally had to turn on the washing machine to take away Ender's hot water which pissed him off but I didn't care.

He was being bratty because Ashton and I had told him he wasn't allowed his phone during the school year and had taken it up.

"I have three kids to get ready Ender, we don't have time for you to take half hour showers." I rolled my eyes at him as I barged into the bathroom with Gracie as he was drying off.

"Car, you can't just walk in here!" He yelled as he tried to cover himself up.

"One: yes I can, I pay the bills. And two: when you gain a little respect for the rest of us then I'll respect your privacy."

I set Gracie down on the floor and she stepped onto her little pink stool so she could reach the sink to brush her teeth.

"Okay, I'm going to lay out your outfit on your bed. Once your teeth are brushed, get dressed and yell for me if you need help. Then come to my room and I'll fix your hair." I told her and she nodded with her toothbrush still in her mouth and I went to her room to pick out her first day of school outfit.

I picked out white leggings with a navy blue dress that reached her knees to go on top. It was a tank top dress with thick straps that reached her shoulders. I paired that with her little black combat boots as well.

Rushing downstairs, I stopped by Brooklyn's crib where he was thankfully asleep. I made my way to the bedroom where Ashton was getting dressed, pulling a black tee shirt over his head.

In the closet I changed into a sweater and yoga pants, Ashton coming in to find some shoes.

"Well this is fun isn't it?" I laughed as I adjusted my sweater in the mirror.

"Everything is fun when I'm with you." He came up behind me and placed a kiss to my neck.

I kissed him back and then laced up my shoes as Gracie skipped into the bedroom.

"Gracie your dress is on backwards, love. Come here." Ashton said and helped Gracie turn her dress around properly before sending her to me.

I set her on the counter of our bathroom and braided her hair into two French braids like she liked.

"Mommy can I wear makeup?" She asked me as I finished her second braid.

"No. I'm not letting my five year old daughter wear makeup to her first day of kindergarten." I shook my head.

"Please Mommy?" She begged. "Just lipgloss?"

"Let me think about it." I sighed and went on to do my makeup, Gracie sitting on the counter while I did my typical concealer and mascara.

"Mommy can I?" She asked as I finished up.

"Just a little bit of lipgloss and that's it." I told her and she nodded happily.

I grabbed my lipgloss tube and dabbed a little bit on her lips.

"Okay now rub them together like this." I showed her what to do and she moved her lips together to spread the light pink gloss over them.

"Thank you, Mommy!" She hugged me as I took her off the counter.

"You're welcome." I smiled. "Now go tell Ender to be ready in five minutes or I'm taking away his skateboard."

She ran off to go tell Ender what I had said while I made my way to the kitchen where Ashton was starting breakfast.

I warmed up a bottle and then headed over to Brooklyn. He started to cry when I picked him up and I tried to shush him, sitting down in the chair and rocking him in my arms until he quieted down enough for me to start feeding him.

He nursed his bottle for a few minutes and once he was finished I popped his tiny blue pacifier into his mouth.

"Come on baby boy, let's go say hello to Daddy." I told him and cradled him in my arms as I walked into the kitchen where Ashton was grabbing cereal boxes from a cabinet.

"Hey there Brooklyn." Ashton smiled when he saw us and came over to kiss on Brooklyn, our little baby reaching up to touch his face.

I took him back over to his crib and let him lay down while I pulled out a blue onesie to put him in and then went back to sip more of my coffee.

"Breakfast is ready!" Ashton called and two sets of thundering feet pounded down the stairs.

Ender and Gracie slid into the kitchen and Ashton lifted Gracie up into the bar stool then fixed her bowl of cereal.

"Ender is your back pack ready?" I asked him and he shook his head no.

"Did I not tell you to do that last night?" An undertone of scolding to my voice.

"You did." He shrugged and I rolled my eyes.

"After breakfast I want that done." Ashton pointed at him with his spoon.

"Yes Sir." Ender replied and finished his cereal.

When I was finished eating I grabbed Gracie's lady bug back pack that she had picked out and double checked that all of the supplies on her list were inside. I took the lunch I had made out of the fridge too and packed it into her matching tin lunch box.

"Okay we are leaving in five minutes let's go!" I called and Gracie skipped over to me so I could help her put her backpack on.

She waited by the door while I went to help Ashton with Brooklyn. He had changed his diaper and put him in the onesie I had laid out and I assisted in swaddling him in his blanket and carrying him to his car seat.

I put the baby bag over my shoulder and Ender ran down with his back pack as well, fixing his blue hoodie so it was halfway zipped up.

"Wait wait wait! I want a first day of school picture!" Ashton said and everyone except Gracie groaned (I'm pretty sure Brooklyn was even tired of his picture taking by now).

Ashton had Gracie stand in front of the door to take her photo and then she posed with Brooklyn by his car seat, and then with Ender, and then with me, Ashton, and finally both of us.

"We are going to be late! Let's go!" I shooed the kids outside.

Ashton snatched his car keys and wallet from the counter and we headed out the door.

I fastened Brooklyn's car seat while Ashton put Gracie in hers and then Ender climbed in the back seat as well.

We got to the school a few minutes earlier today so we could take Gracie to her classroom.

"Okay Ender, don't forget you are going to wait with Gracie by her classroom until we come pick you up alright?" I reminded him and he nodded as we pulled up to the school.

As we walked up the side walk into the building Gracie took my hand, I could sense her anxiety.

Ashton carried Brooklyn in his car seat and Ender ran in front of us when he saw his friends Trey and Reid, leaving us behind.

"Well bye to you too." I said to myself as I watched him go down a hallway and Ashton chuckled behind me.

We found Gracie's classroom and her teacher was standing outside the door, welcoming all the students to the class.

She was a pretty lady maybe in her thirties with dark brown hair that was pulled back into a high ponytail, and stylish thick framed glasses. Her skin was fairly pale and she reminded me of one of those hipster people I saw in New York and LA all the time.

"And who might you be?" She asked as we approached the door, Gracie immediately freaking out and shoving her thumb in her mouth.

"This is Gracie." I introduced her. "I'm Carter and this is Ashton." I shook her hand.

"Nice to meet you all, I'm Ms. Melrose. I'm so happy you're going to be in my class Gracie." She knelt down to Gracie's level and gave her a smile.

"She's super shy." I explained.

"Oh no worries. I think you and me are going to have a fun time Gracie." She smiled at her again and then stood back up.

Another set of parents came up behind us and Ms. Melrose went to introduce herself while Ashton and I pulled Gracie to the side.

"Okay Gracie, don't forget to wait for Ender after class. And you have all of your supplies and your lunch so you are all set to go." I crouched down in front of her and saw her little lip begin to tremble.

"I don't want to go." She shook her head and I pulled her in for a hug.

"You're going to be just fine." I promised her. "The first day is scary I know, but you're going to make lots of friends and have a lot of fun. I promise."

Her little arms wrapped around my neck as she hugged me.

"But I wanna stay home with you and Daddy and Brooklyn." She whined sombrely, I could tell she was about to cry.

"Hey you wanna know something? When I had to drop Ender off at his first day of kindergarten he was scared too, but he made a lot of friends and he was okay; and now I get to drop off my baby girl for her first day which is such a happy thing." I touched her cheek. "So can you smile for me?"

She gave a half hearted smile.

"There you go." I grinned and pulled her in for another hug.

Ashton crouched down next to me, setting Brooklyn's car seat in front of him.

"Come here Gray." Ashton opened his arms as Gracie flung herself in them.

"You're going to have a great first day of school baby girl." He smiled as he hugged her. "I love you."

"I love you too Daddy." She squeezed him tight and he kissed her cheek.

"Bye Brooklyn." Gracie bent down and kissed Brooklyn's forehead, his hazel eyes watching her.

"I love you Gracie." I smiled at her and then nodded her in the direction of the classroom. She bit her lip and then gingerly took a step towards the door.

I nodded encouragingly and she hesitantly walked inside. As her lady bug backpack disappeared from my sight, Ashton took my hand.

"She's going to be fine." He said reassuringly to me.

"I know. It's just that this is the second time I've had to do this and I don't think it's going to get any easier." I gave him a sigh and he squeezed my hand.

I was about to stand up when suddenly Gracie flew out the door and right into my arms.

"I forgot to say I love you too." She said into my neck as she hugged me and I felt tears well up in my eyes and hurried to fight them off.

The school bell rang above us, signalling for class to start and we let go.

"Go have fun in class sweetie. I'll see you after school." I kissed her cheek. "I love you so much."

"I love you too Mommy." She kissed me back.

"Okay, now go inside." I nudged her towards the door and she waved at us as she finally walked in.

I stood up, fanning my eyes to chase away my tears.

Ashton stood up as well and pulled me into his warm embrace.

"This is why I love you." He said into my ear. "You're such an amazing mom, even if you didn't actually give birth to them."

"Thank you." I sniffled.

"I mean it Carter, you're amazing." He kissed my ear.

"I love you." I sighed happily.

"I love you more." He squeezed my waist once more. "Now let's go take our baby boy home."

He picked up the car seat and we made our way back to his jeep.

Back at the house we had a pretty quiet day. Ashton and I caught some sleep whenever Brooklyn was napping which was greatly needed.

Ashton went on a posting spree as expected and I shook my head as he got a little teary eyed looking at the photos. He was such a teddy bear.

We spent our entire day just resting until it was time to go get the kids from school.

When we arrived, we headed to Gracie's classroom where Ender was standing outside her classroom.

"Hey mate, how was school?" Ashton asked as we walked up to him.

"Good." Ender replied. "Trey invited me and Reid to go to the movies on Friday? Can I go?"

"Are his parents going?" I asked.

"I can find out." He shrugged.

"Let me know and then I'll get back to you." I patted his shoulder and then stepped up to the door where Ms. Melrose was standing.

"Hi." She smiled. "You're Gracie's mom."

"Yes." I smiled. "How did she do?"

"She did great. She's such a sweet little girl." Ms. Melrose smiled. "I'll get her for you."

She turned around and called into the classroom, "Gracie Irwin, you're parents are here."

Seconds later Gracie sprinted out of the classroom almost knocking into me.

"Hey sweetie!" I smiled and lifted her up into my arms.

"You came to get me." She smiled happily as she pressed her face into my neck.

"I told you I would." I laughed as I hugged her. I went to set her down but she gripped tighter.

"No, I don't wanna let go yet." She shook her head and I shook my head laughing.

We headed out to the jeep and then made our way to the pizza place in town for an early dinner.

I cradled Brooklyn in my arms as he nursed a bottle and chatted with Gracie.

"So tell me about your first day of school." I smiled at her.

"Ms. Melrose had us say our names and how old we were to everyone in the class!" She exclaimed very dramatically. "And then we had to tell who was in our family."

"That sounds fun." Ashton smiled.

"Then she showed us around the classroom and we got to play on the playground."

"That seems like a great first day to me Gracie. Did you make any friends?"

"There's a girl at my table named Liz who is nice to me."

"Good. Be nice and talk to her and I'm sure you'll be friends in no time." I patted her arm.

She nodded happily.

Brooklyn hiccuped in my arms and I took away the bottle, letting him breathe for a moment before putting it back at his mouth where he continued to eat.

"You're hungry, aren't you baby?" I cooed at him.

I looked up to see Ashton smiling at the two of us and I sent him a smile of my own.

That night as Ashton and I rolled into bed, he pulled me into his side, pressing my face into his chest.

"I miss you." He said as he brushed his lips across my hair.

"You miss me? I'm right here." I giggled.

"I always miss you. Even when I'm with you I miss you." He replied.

"I don't understand." I turned my head so I could look at him.

"Because even when I'm right next to you, and have you all to myself, I can never get enough of you." He sent me a cheeky smile.

"How did I get so lucky to have you?" I grinned and he bumped his nose against mine.

"I should be asking you that question." He laughed.

"I asked you first."

"Well, the way I see it," He shifted on his side to look at me better, "is that you are the one person I was meant to be with, and God or fate or whatever it is brought me to you so I could love you and our family forever."

"You're so sweet." I pressed a smiling kiss to his lips. "And I'm the luckiest girl to spend the rest of my life with someone who loves me as much as you do."

"I do love you. And I love our son, and I love Ender, and I love Gracie, and I love this beautiful life we've created together...and I love the fact that I get to love all of that for the rest of my life."

My emotions getting the best of me, I flipped myself over so that I was straddling his waist.

"You're the best thing that has ever happened to me." I looked him straight in the eyes before I attached my lips to his.

His hands immediately went to my waist, his fingers massaging the skin of my hips.

"I love you." I said against his mouth.

"I love you more." He replied, moving a hand up to my cheek.

I still had a couple weeks before Ashton and I could be intimate together so I stopped myself before I could take it too far.

My back went back to the mattress and Ashton wrapped his arms around me, pulling me to his body where we both blissfully fell asleep.

The next morning when we dropped Gracie off at her class she seemed much less nervous to go in.

She did hug Ashton and I both goodbye and told us she loved us before heading into the classroom.

It felt like she was growing up so fast.

That afternoon when we picked her and Ender up from school, Ender said that Trey's parents were going to the movies with them so Ashton and I agreed to let him go as long as he was back by 9:30 pm.

For the rest of the week Gracie became more and more excited about kindergarten, even introducing Ashton and I to her new friend Liz, a little girl with short blonde hair and blue eyes.

Friday evening Ashton and I went to drop off Ender at the movies before going back home to have dinner.

When we pulled up outside the theatre I could see Trey and Reid standing outside waiting.

I got out of the jeep, walking Ender up to them.

"Hey guys." I smiled at them.

"Hey, Carter." Trey smiled.

"Where are your parents?" I asked him, looking around.

"Oh they're inside buying our tickets." He nodded up at me.

"Well tell them I said hello." I smiled and then turned to Ender. "Okay, here's some money for your ticket and some snacks. Home by 9:30. Got it?"

"Yes ma'am." He said.

"Okay, I'll see you later. Love you." I kissed his head and then made my way back to the jeep. I watched him walk inside before Ashton pulled away to take us back home.

"I feel like they are growing up so fast." I said to Ashton as I drained the noddles for our spaghetti.

"I know what you mean. It seems like just yesterday Gracie came to live with us, and Brooklyn is already a few weeks old." Ashton shook his head. "Time flys."

"It really does."

After dinner we decided to treat Gracie to some ice cream and headed into town to the ice cream shop, bundling Brooklyn up so he wouldn't get cold.

"Can Brooklyn have ice cream?" Gracie asked as she licked some strawberry ice cream off her spoon.

"Not yet." Ashton smiled at her.

"Well I bet he can't wait to." Gracie grinned and I started to laugh.

We continued to eat our ice cream and once we were done we got in the jeep to go home when I saw Ender and his friends walking down the side walk alone.

"Ash." I placed my hand on his arm and nodded in the direction of Ender, Trey, and Reid.

"Where are Treys parents?" Ashton asked.

"That's what I want to find out." I said and got out of the car, jogging across the street.

"Hey!" I called as I approached them, all three boys becoming wide eyed.

"Trey, where are your parents?" I asked.

"Um, they're in the Chinese restaurant down the street, w-we were just going to meet them." He stuttered out an answer.

"So if I call your mom that's where she'll be?" I asked pulling out my phone.

"No no no no no. They're not here. I'm sorry." He panicked and rushed to get his words out.

My eyes flashed to Ender who was shell shocked.

Ender had lied to me. He had lied to my face.

"Well thank you for telling me the truth." I looked back at Trey. "Let's go." I tugged on Ender's arm and dragged him across the street.

He silently climbed into the car and Ashton gave me a questioning look.

"Guess who lied about Trey's parents being there?" I said and Ashton raised his eyebrows.

"Oh really?"

"Mhmm." I nodded and angrily buckled my seat belt.

Ashton left the Main Street and drove us home, Ender not saying a word the entire time.

When we walked through the door he went to walk up to his room but Ashton stopped him.

"Ender, come here please." Ashton said. His voice was calm but I could tell he wasn't happy about the situation.

I sent Gracie upstairs and placed Brooklyn in his crib and then sat next to Ashton on the coffee table while Ender sat in front of us on the couch.

"Would you like to explain why you told us Trey's parents were going to be there when they weren't?" Ashton asked him.

"Because I knew if I told you they weren't going to be there then you wouldn't let me go." He replied, his shoulders sagging.

"You don't know that." I shook my head.

"Ender, what you did was not safe. You didn't have a cellphone, you were walking around the streets at night with your friends with no adult supervision. There's paparazzi all over the island. You could've been kidnapped. Ender, you know better." Ashton sighed at the end.

"I just wanted to do something grown up for once." Ender sighed.

"Being a grown up comes with responsibility." Ashton said sternly.

"And trust. How do you expect us to trust you now after this?" I asked him.

"I just want to be treated like an adult." He looked at both of us.

"Okay, except that you're eleven and you lied to us. And now you want to be treated like an adult?" I guffawed.

"Ashton lied to you and he still gets treated like an adult." Ender fired back.

"Because he is an adult. And don't use that against me Ender, that's not fair." I glared at him.

"Ender, as long as you live under our roof, you're going to have to follow our rules. And why I didn't tell Carter about the band was to protect you and her. What you did only put your safety at risk." Ashton said.

"But nothing happened!" Ender exclaimed, trying to defend himself.

"That doesn't matter! What matters is that you could've been hurt or rushed by paparazzi or gotten in trouble and we wouldn't have known!" Ashton replied.

"Ender, I'm grounding you for two weeks. No video games, no hanging out with your friends, no skateboard, bike, anything." I folded my arms across my chest.

"You can't do that! That's not fair!" Ender yelled, his face getting red.

"I think that's more than fair." Ashton raised his voice only slightly, his expression firm. "The punishment fits the crime."

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry I lied! Just please don't ground me!" Ender begged.

"No Ender, you need to learn your lesson." I shook my head, sticking to my guns. "Now go to your room and do your homework."

Ender stormed off from the sofa muttering something that sounded like "I hate you."

"What did you say?" Ashton called after him and Ender whipped around.

"I said I hate you. You're not my parents, you can't ground me!"

"Ender we may not be your birth parents but we are responsible for you, and it would kill me if anything bad ever happened to you." Ashton said back.

Ender turned to me from where he stood at the top of the stairs, anger, hurt, and sadness in his eyes.

"You know, I wish I would've died in the car crash with mom and dad because then I wouldn't have to live with you!" Ender spat at me, pure venom in his voice.

I gasped at his words, everything in me freezing before he whipped around and stomped into his bedroom, slamming the door behind him.

Had he really just said that to me? Did he honestly think that?

I couldn't believe that he had just said those words.

My body moved faster than my mind did and before I knew it I was up the stairs and flinging open Ender's bedroom door.

"Don't you ever say anything like that to me ever again." I growled, my eyes finding his and then slamming the door behind me as I left.

Ashton stood in the middle of the living room and I brushed past him on the way to our bedroom, closing the door behind me as well.

I threw myself on the bed, hot tears springing to my eyes.

Ender's words had stabbed me like a knife and hurt me deeply.

I had only felt this way once before when I had first found out about Ashton being in the band, but I understood why he had done what he did and that's why I forgave him.

Ender had said what he said to deliberately hurt me, and that's what pained me the most.

I heard the bedroom door open and then felt the bed dip behind me as Ashton climbed in.

"Come here, baby." Ashton said softly and wrapped arm arm around my waist, pulling me closer so my back was to his chest. "Are you okay?"

"No." I sniffled.

"Is there anything I can do?" He asked.

"No...I just need to think for a bit." I shook my head.

"Why don't I make you some tea and we can cuddle in here and watch a movie?" He suggested and I nodded.

"I'll be right back." He kissed my shoulder and then left.

I got out of the bed to take off my shoes and grab a blanket from the chest under our window.

Ashton came back in a few minutes later with a steaming mug of tea in one hand and a bowl of popcorn in the other.

He set them down on his nightstand then went to turn out the lights while I turned on the bedside lamps. Ashton then got in on his side of the bed and scooted over to the middle where I joined him. I threw the blanket over us, leaning against our headboard as he handed me my tea.

He grabbed the remote and began search for a movie until he found one of the Harry Potter movies, a small smile coming to my face.

"Thank you." I leaned my head on his shoulder.

"Of course love." He pressed his lips to the top of my head.

We watched about half of the movie, snacking on the popcorn and me sipping my tea before we heard Brooklyn crying through the baby monitor.

"I'll go get him." Ashton said slid out of the bed and into the living room. He came back a few minutes later with Brooklyn in his arms.

"Let's make your mommy feel better okay?" Ashton cooed at Brooklyn as he got back into the bed, laying Brooklyn between us.

"Hi baby." I smiled, letting my hand go to his little tummy, caressing him.

Ashton got back into his position, picking up Brooklyn and bringing him between us.

"Say I love you mommy." Ashton baby talked and I smiled taking Brooklyn in my arms.

"I love you Brooklyn. And I love you too." I nestled back into Ashton.

We finished watching the movie, it now getting late.

I put Brooklyn to bed while Ashton went and said goodnight to Gracie, neither of us really wanting to talk to Ender.

We went to bed that night not knowing what tomorrow would bring with him.

I was still incredibly hurt the next morning which made for an extremely awkward breakfast. I wasn't speaking to him and he wasn't speaking to me, Ashton and Gracie both looking between us not knowing what to do.

After breakfast I took away his PlayStation, skateboard, and everything else I had said I was taking away, and put them in the closet of our bedroom so he wouldn't go get them.

Ender had glared at me the entire time I was doing it, then stormed off to his room again.

I didn't care though. He deserved it.

I was in charge of him whether he liked it or not, and he couldn't treat me that way.

--

Oops, Ender is in trouble!

What do you think about what he said, and is Carters reaction warranted?

More to come!

Much love xx-m

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

152 16 16
Paris is a 19 year old girl who lives in Sydney. She finish school a year ago. One day she was gonna met up with her mom who lives an hour away from...
14.1K 215 36
Jasmine Irwin was stuck in an abusive relationship. Her brother Ashton found out, and so did her brothers best friend... Luke. Jasmine knows she hate...
305K 14.1K 44
"I heard you get butterflies in your stomach when you fall in love, or have a crush on someone. I've never experienced it so I didn't know what it m...
2.4K 142 16
Ashton and Sarah went through a lot their first summer together and now they're happily together... But their love will be tested in ways neither of...