Chapter 147

Ashton's PoV:

Figuring out that a night light was what Gracie needed to help her stop wetting the bed every night was great.

We went out and bought her a few night lights and a stool, and this seemed to do the trick. We placed a light next to her bed, one on the wall on the way to the bathroom, and one in the bathroom itself. We then put the stool under the light switch so she could stand on that to turn the light on.

That first night I woke up to see her walking to the bathroom, stopping to look at every night light before finally getting to the bathroom where she used her new stool to turn on the light.

The next morning her pull-up was dry and Carter and I knew that it had worked. And like the cool parents we were, we high-fived to our success.

After breakfast Carter and Gracie took Sprinkles for her morning walk, and then when they came back Carter pulled me aside.

"Can we talk for a minute?" She asked, and those words alone were enough to send panic through any man.

"Sure." I replied and so she led me to the closet where she mostly closed the door.

Her arms were crossed over her stomach, something she did when she was nervous and she took a deep breath before speaking.

"I've been talking to Becca, and i've also been doing some thinking on my own, and I know that our conversation last week ended with me deciding to quit modelling...but I don't want to quit."

I was a little bit taken aback.

"I've never been a confident person, you know that, and doing this makes me feel good about myself. And it's not that you don't do a good job of making me feel good about myself, it's just that for once in my life I have the chance to do it myself. I know this isn't what you want, and as your fiancé I don't want to go against your wishes, but this is something I have to do for me."

She looked at me expectantly as I let all of this process in my brain.

"I signed a three month contract, so technically I can't even quit yet, so if in three months we're still on the fence about this then i'll quit, but I want this to be a decision we make together."

"I just don't want this to change you." I said. "That's my biggest fear."

"Ashton you and I are still growing up, we're going to change no matter what, we've already changed, but that's a part of relationships right? Loving each other through the changes, good and bad?"

I nodded.

She was right.

"If you keep doing modelling I want to be more involved."

"I'd be okay with that." She gave me a smile. "I want you to be involved."

"Okay." I said and she smiled before stepping forward to hug me.

"Thank you for being so understanding." She whispered.

"I want you to be happy, and if I have to sacrifice my damn pride for you then i'll do it." I said and she laughed beautifully.

"I love you." She she looked up at me

"I love you too." I leaned down to kiss her.