Chapter 183

A few nights later Ashton and I had spent our day playing with Brooklyn and then went to bed.

I woke up at two in the morning to a cold bed and gagging sounds coming from the bathroom.

Ashton wasn't next to me in bed so I quickly got up, walking into the bathroom. In our master bathroom there was a door led to a small toilet room, and that was where Ashton was sitting on the floor. His head was in his hands and his face was slightly green.

"Ash, baby, are you okay?" I asked, leaning up against the door frame.

"I'm fine. Go back to bed." He croaked and I fought the urge to roll my eyes.

"Are you just nauseous?" I crouched down next to him, my fingers caressing him behind his ear.

He nodded with his eyes closed.

Not seconds later he leaned forward, emptying his stomach. My hand went to rub his back soothingly.

When he was done I continued to rub his back, my heart hurting for him. He sat back on his heels, his skin clammy and honestly looking dreadful.

"I'll go get you something." I kissed his hair on my way to stand up and hurried to the kitchen to get him an anti-nausea pill and a glass of water.

When I got back to the bathroom Ashton was slumped against the wall, his knees drawn up to his chest.

"Here you go." I got down next to him again, handing him the pill and water. "Wait a minute before you take it to make sure you can keep it down."

He nodded, dropping his head back against the light blue wall.

"Have you felt bad all day?" I asked him.

"No." He answered, sounding dreadful. "I woke up feeling like death."

"Well," I said, sitting down on the wall across from him, "I don't think you're going to die, but I'm sorry you're sick."

He gave me a half smile.

A few minutes later once he felt ready, he took the nausea pill and drank a few sips of the water.

We sat on the floor for a few more minutes before he stood up to brush his teeth, finishing the rest of the water.

He went to go get back in bed and I smoothed the comforter over him, placing my hand on his forehead to see if he had a fever which he did.

I left to get him something to hopefully knock down his temperature.

"I wish you didn't have to see me like this." He mumbled after he took the medicine.

"Well, as your future wife, it's my job to take care of you in sickness and in health, so that's what I'm going to do." I smiled, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"You're cute." He placed a hand on my knee, a loving smile on his face.

"Get some sleep love. I'll come check on you in a bit." I patted his hand and stood up, turning off our bedroom light as I left the room, closing the door behind me.

I stopped by Brooklyn's crib to check on him and turned off the baby monitor so he wouldn't wake Ashton up, before taking a blanket and a pillow from the closet beside the stairs and making myself a little bed on the sofa.

Brooklyn was sleeping for longer periods of time now, so I wasn't woken up until five by his cries. I changed his diaper and then fed him, rocking him in my arms until Gracie came downstairs.

I placed Brooklyn in his crib and then carried Gracie around the kitchen for a little bit while I made some coffee.

"Where's Daddy?" She asked after she had woken back up.