Chapter 153

Ashton's PoV:

Ender and I moved about the room, packing up our suitcases.

"Dad, how many socks do I need to bring?"

"One pair for each day we're gone and then bring a few extra." I said and he nodded.

I was folding my jeans when my phone rang and I looked to see it was Ari calling me.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey. Is Carter with you?"

"No she's in LA."

"Oh, okay good. So Jason's uncle just called Jase to say that they finished putting the letter together. He's mailing it back to us and it should be here by the wedding."

I felt the air leave my lungs.

"Are we going to read it?" I asked her.

"It's up to you, but I think we should read it."

"Okay. I guess we'll read it then. Let me know when it gets there. And don't read it without me."

"We'll wait until you get here." She said and then I told her goodbye before hanging up.

Now I wanted to know...what did that letter say?

Carters PoV:

After waking up in the morning I showered and then dressed in shorts and a tee shirt.

I was standing at the sink in the bathroom when Harry walked in.

"Hey." He smiled. "So your idea worked, I slept the whole night. I didn't even feel you leave."

"Yeah, well I fell asleep and woke up with you grasping areas of me that you shouldn't." I replied with a smirk as I turned around to face him.

"Like how?" He chuckled. "Show me."

"Like this." I stepped forward and he placed his hand on my thigh before wrapping his hand around it and pulling it up to wrap around his hip.

"If you were my girlfriend this is how I would sleep with you." He said and I rolled my eyes before moving back.

"As inappropriate as that statement was, I agree that you do need a girlfriend."

"I'm working on it." He said.

"Do you have someone in mind?" I laughed as I turned back to the mirror.

"I do." He said in a quieter voice and after that it was silent.

He stood there awkwardly in the bathroom with me for a few more minutes until he looked at his phone and told me we needed to leave soon.

At that point I went to get Gracie up and dressed before packing her a little bag. Harry got Jupiter on his leash and Gracie wanted to walk him outside with Harry while I finished getting our stuff together.

The two came back and Harry showed me the selfie he and Gracie had taken together, and I laughed at their massive grins in the photo.