Chapter 170

I didn't stop it.

I should've stopped it but I didn't.

I kissed back.

I kissed Harry.

I wasn't just his lips moving against mine, it was mine moving with his.

Our breath was mingled and his hands were on my face, one moving down to my waist where he gripped my skin beneath his fingers.

My hands moved to his chest but the moment I felt his heart beat in his chest I froze.

It was calm...steady...

But, Ashton...his heart still beat out of his chest when we kissed.

Ashton.

Oh god...Ashton.

Tears began to mix with the kiss and Harry pulled back, and as our eyes met, all I could see was his blurry face.

A sob left my lips and as I slid down the wall the only thoughts in my head were of my betrayal.

I had cheated.

I had cheated on Ashton.

I hit the floor and began to cry harder than I ever thought I could.

Harry stood before me, watching me, and I knew that he must know what had happened was wrong, but I also knew he didn't care.

"It's still him...isn't it?"

His voice was reserved and so quiet I almost didn't hear it but I did.

I nodded my head.

That's all I could do.

"Okay." Harry whispered.

I heard him moving around the room as I sat there and cried my eyes out, and then I felt him in front of me and heard the crinkle of paper, before his presence was gone, and the door to the hotel room slammed shut.

If it was possible, I cried harder.

I never knew losing a best friend felt like this.

Maybe because I never thought I would loose Harry as my friend.

I opened my eyes to find my phone. I needed to call Ari, but when I did open my eyes I choked on a gasp when I found a small light blue box on my knee.

He didn't.

With shaky fingers I reached forward, slowly opening it to reveal the most extravagant diamond ring I had ever seen.