Chapter 169

I watched as Harry began to pace again, looking like a mad man.

"Harry you're really scaring me. What is going on?"

"I need to tell you something. But I need you to not say anything while i'm talking. I need you to just listen. Okay?" He ran his hands through his hair.

"Okay?" I said slowly, eyeing him suspiciously.

"I'm sorry i'm just nervous." He sighed.

"You can talk to me." I assured him.

He nodded before taking a deep breath.

"Do you remember the first day we met?" He asked me and I nodded yes. "You ran into me and I looked down to see this mess of curls on the floor and then you looked up at me
and my heart practically fell out of my chest, because you were the most gorgeous girl I had ever seen. You still are. And believe me when I say this, I had this personal rule about never dating fans, but I was seriously considering breaking it for you. And then I found out you weren't a fan, and I got excited and I wanted to figure out every little thing about you. Every little thing. But then I found out you were engaged to Ashton, a guy who was one of my great friends, and I was so happy for him, but I was sad that you were taken by someone."

I gave him a partial smile.

"That's why I was so rude to you when we talked about relationships. Do you remember that? When you asked me if I was in a relationship and I snapped at you? That was why. I was jealous, and i'm sorry about that, but I have to be honest with you. But you were with someone else, my friend, so I had to back off and so I settled for being your friend."

Settled? He settled? I was so confused.

"So as your friend I wanted to do all of these things for you, like get you into modelling and take you to all of these places and buy you things. I wanted to be with you all the time. You were fun and so freaking funny, like you made me laugh all the time, and I loved that."

I had no idea where he was going with this and I was about to ask but he started speaking again.

"So as I was being your friend, I thought it would get easier, that my brief rush of feelings when I first met you would go away...but I think if anything they increased. I couldn't stop it."

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"So I asked you to every event and awards show I could think of, because I wanted to show you off. You deserve red carpets and dinners at the nicest restaurants in town, and vacations to wherever you want and things you could only dream of but that I could make real for you. I wanted...I want to give you that."

I grabbed my arm, shifting my weight onto my other foot.

"I want to give you the world. And I know you have a fiancé that wants to give you the same thing, but I can give you a different one. I want to give you a mansion in London and a penthouse in Manhattan and and a yacht with your own private beach. I want to give you everything you could ever dream of and more. I could do that for you."

I wanted to mouth "why" but I was barely able to. What the hell was happening?

"Every time I look at you I see someone who is so strong and and beautiful, and it drives me crazy when i'm not with you. It literally drives me insane because I don't know what you're doing and it bothers me. I want to be with you all the the time."

He began to pace again.

"You make me feel like i'm a freaking king when i'm with you. Like we're this power couple or something. I see you and my stomach gets tight and feels all tingly and my hands sweat and I- you make me feel like i've never felt before."