Chapter 136

After 21 hours of being on a plane I was enthralled to be back on land.

We touched down the next morning in Sydney and Ender and I held hands again as we walked through the airport towards the baggage claim.

I noticed people taking my picture as we walked and we even stopped to take a few photos with some fans before finally making it to baggage claim where Ann was waiting by our flights carousel.

"Hi!" She took us up in a tight hug. "How was your flight?"

"It was good."

"Well let's get your luggage and then get you home. And Ender, there's someone in the car whose is waiting for you." She smiled.

We grabbed our luggage and then made our way to her SUV where you could see Bear sitting in the running vehicle.

"Bear!" Ender shouted and ran to the car, flinging the door open, an excited Bear pouncing, jumping, and licking the elated boy.

I laughed, happy to see Ender and his dog reuniting at last.

I got Ender, Bear, and our luggage into the car and then Ann began to drive us from the air port.

I pulled my phone from my pocket, taking it off airplane mode and dialled Ashton.

"Hey baby." He answered, sounding like he had just woken up.

"Hey. Were you asleep?"

"Yeah, baby it's like three in the morning here."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I can call back later."

"No you're okay." He sounded a bit more awake. "How was your flight?"

"It was good."

"Good." He yawned.

"How's Gracie?"

"Good. She's all cuddled up next to her Daddy." He said and I laughed.

"Is that Dad?" Ender asked from the backseat.

"Yeah. Do you want to talk to him?"

"Duh!" He held out his phone and I told Ashton Ender would be on and then gave it to him.

Ashton and Ender talked for a minute before he gave me the phone back.

"Okay, well go back to sleep and I'll talk to you later."

"Okay. I love you. I'm missing you like mad."

"I love you too."

I hung up the phone and Ann shot me a smile.

When we got on the ferry I fell asleep, listening to Ender talking to Bear.

"Carter." I felt someone shake my shoulder and opened my eyes to see it was Ann. "You're home, honey."

Home.

I took in a deep breath of air as I got out of the car, inhaling the smell of the ocean and my hometown.

"Car! We're home! We're home!" Ender bounded over to me and jumped up to hug me causing me to laugh.