Chapter 115

"So where are we going?" I asked Harry as the car pulled away from the curb.

"There's a store I wanted to go to, but I also wanted to walk around."

I nodded.

Looking out the window I watched the tall trees pass by until suddenly we were surrounded by the tall city buildings and lights.

"I love the city, it's so pretty." I mused as I leaned my head against the window.

"But it's so crowded." He spoke.

"Yeah, but that adds to the feel of it. I remember the first time Ashton took me to Sydney, I was in culture shock." I chuckled.

"What else do you like about the city?" He asked me.

"I like how tall everything is, and how I feel so small. It makes me realise the world is such a big place."

He nodded at me, a soft smile on his lips.

"So uh, you like the coat?" He moved his eyes to the black fabric covering my shoulders.

"Yes." I laughed. "It's very warm. But I still feel guilty about taking it."

"I gave it to you. It's a gift."

"Well then thank you for the gift." I giggled then gasped as my attention was taken to a pretty fountain. "Oh look!"

"You get distracted easily don't you?" He snickered.

"A little." I hummed as I watched the fountain disappear into the distance. "I wish Ash was here to see this."

"There's some neat places around we can go look at." Harry said and I nodded with a smile.

Eventually the car began to slow down so we could pull up to whatever store Harry wanted to go into, and the car hadn't even stopped yet before there were paparazzi surrounding the car.

"Um, I'll just stay in the car." I gulped nervously. I didn't like being in these types of situations without Ashton or one of the boys with me.

"It's just a few paps." He shrugged nonchalantly.

"Yeah I'll stay in the car." I gave him a polite smile.

"Well I'm not being a very good friend if I leave you in the car while I shop." He said.

He thought of us as friends? Maybe I was better as socialising than I thought.

"It's just that the paparazzi make me very anxious and Ashton's not here and I just don't do very well in these situations." I admitted, biting my lip.

"Then I just won't go in." He decided.

"No, you came all the way out here, go inside I'll be fine." I assured him.

Harry looked at me for a moment before getting out of the car and closing the door. I saw him stand there for a few moments until they began to walk away.

I watched as the paparazzi walked down the block a bit and then Harry turned back and opened the door.

"Come on." He motioned for me and I bit my lip before reluctantly following him out of the car.