Chapter 176

I awoke to sunshine outside mine and Ashton's window, his arms around my waist and my head on his chest.

His snores were getting softer as he started to wake up and his hand began to rub up and down my arm.

I felt his lips land on my forehead and I was getting ready to kiss him back when our bedroom door flung open.

Ashton and I sat up to see Ender running into our room.

"Mom! Dad! It's Gracie's birthday!" He jumped on our bed.

"We know." I laughed as he crawled up to us. "Is she up yet?"

"No, she's still sleeping." He shook his head.

"Good, that gives me time to make her breakfast. Want to help me?"

He nodded and the two of us got out of the bed to head to the kitchen.

Ashton came in a few minutes later to help me make pancakes with strawberries, syrup, and whipped cream on top and a cup of hot chocolate for her breakfast.

He carried the tray upstairs and I followed behind with one of her presents from me as we went into her room. Sprinkles was curled up next to my sleeping princess, her thumb tucked in her mouth with her curls everywhere.

This was the first birthday we would get to spend with Gracie, and I wanted to make it special, so I sat down next to her and placed my hand on her back.

"Good morning, birthday girl." I rubbed her back and she turned over in the blankets, opening her eyes to see us.

"Happy Birthday baby!" Ashton grinned at her and she took her thumb out of her mouth to smile.

"It's my birthday!" She gasped happily making all of us laugh.

"It is." I kissed her cheek. "You're five years old now."

"I big girl!"

"Yes you are." Ashton hugged her. "Now, Mommy made you some breakfast in bed."

She loved eating her breakfast in bed and asked if she could do this every morning but I told her it was only for special occasions.

Once she was done eating we let her unwrap her first present which was the doll we had picked out for her.

She loved that as well and proceeded to carry it around the house with her as I got her ready for her birthday party.

We were having it at the house and had invited all of our family and friends to celebrate. The boys were coming and bringing their families so there would be their little cousins for Gracie to play with. Ari, Jason, and Becca were coming and so were the bands managers and crew that had gotten to know Gracie on tour.

Ashton was downstairs setting up tables outside along with the help of Ender and soon Ari, Jason, and his mom arrived to help decorate and set up.

Gracie pranced around with her new doll in hand and Sprinkles on her heels, a happy smile on her face as she checked on all of her birthday happenings.

She stopped by Ann and I to see what snacks we were preparing, Ashton and Jason to see if they were setting up the games, and Ari to see the pink balloons and glitter on the tables.