Chapter 116

Ashton's POV:

"Daddy, I sleepy." Gracie's innocent and adorable voice floated into my ear as her head rested on my shoulder while I carried her.

"I know, it's past your bedtime." I rubbed her back as she cuddled up to me.

"I don't like bedtime." She said and I heard Carter chuckle next to me and I sent my pretty girl a smile.

"Me and Mommy like bedtime." I said and watched Gracie purse her lips from the corner of my eye.

"I like bedtime." She then said and Carter and I laughed.

We walked inside our hotel and then made our way up to our room. Carter slipped inside the bathroom to change clothes and get ready and then moved on to get Gracie ready while Ender took a shower.

"So do you think I'm model material?" Carter blurted out as she had Gracie laying on the bed as she rubbed baby lotion on her.

"Model? You want to model?" I raised my eyebrows.

"No." She laughed. "I was just asking if you thought I could do it."

"Yeah, as long as you didn't have to wear heels."I chuckled and she laughed.

"Agreed."

"Where did this whole modelling thing come up?" I asked.

"Harry mentioned it." She said before picking
up Gracie's left leg to start putting the lotion on it. "I thought it was funny."

"Well if it's something you're actually interested in then I want you to go for it." I said and she shrugged.

"It's just a thought." She sent me a smile.

Once Gracie was lotion lathered Carter got her in her onesie and then zipped her up.

Ender came out of the bathroom ready for bed and I flipped back the blankets on the kids bed so I could tuck them in.

"Alright, sweet dreams baby girl. I love you." I kissed Gracie goodnight and moved to Ender so Carter could kiss her goodnight. "Night bud." I kissed his forehead.

Carter turned off the lights and we moved into our bed.

I cuddled Carter into me and she sighed happily.

"Tomorrow before the show can we just take a nap or watch a movie together?" She mumbled into my ear. "I want to spend some time with you."

"Sure baby. That sounds amazing." I kissed her ear.

"I just still miss you." She said and I frowned.

"I don't want you to miss me, I'm always right here."

"I know you are. I just...I'm feeling a little homesick...I'm sorry."

"Come here, baby." I moved her so that I was able to lean over her. "Just close your eyes, okay?"

She smiled as she closed her eyes and I began to stroke my fingers down her face, hoping to relax her.

It worked because she turned her face into my hand and I then moved to lay with her, my body halfway over hers to keep her warm and safe in my arms.

"I love you so much Car." I kissed her lips.

"I love you too." She kissed me back before we fell asleep.

I was awoken by knees hitting my side and I opened my eyes to see Carter turning on her side, her face looking contorted in pain.

"Car?" I rubbed my eyes to try and wake myself up.