Metamorphasis

Af WhisperOfSouls

Lilly was considered the runt of her pack. Nobody saw her as anything more than the ugly duckling but she was... Mere

Prologue - The Event
Author's Note
Chapter 1 - Meeting Liz
Chapter 2 - My Alpha, My Mate, My Friend
Chapter 3 - The Oath
Chapter 4 - Surprise
Chapter 5 - New Discovery/My Leave
Chapter 6 - A True Vision
Chapter 7 - A secret
IMPORTANT - Update
Chapter 8 - A New Beginning
Chapter 9 - Confusion/Change
Chapter 10 - Dinner
Chapter 11 - Time Lapse
Chapter 12 - Broken
Chapter 13 - The Ride
Chapter 14 - Prep
Chapter 15 - Surprise Reunion
Chapter 16- Test
Chapter 17-Unknown
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 21-Part 2
Chapter 22
IMPORTANT UPDATE
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
CHAPTER 25
Chapter 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
SHORT MAIN CHARACTER BIOS
CHAPTER 32
NOT TO OFFEND ANY READERS
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34 PART 1
SIDE NOTE
CHAPTER 34 PART 2
CHAPTER 34 FINAL PART-PART 3
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
SHORT EXPLANATION/RE-CAP
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
IMPORTANT NOTICE
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
UPDATED CHARACTER BIOS!!!
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
HALLOWEEN SPECIAL
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
Chapter 68
QUESTION FOR MY READERS
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
PLEASE READ : Goodbye Kitty
CHAPTER 73 PART 1
CHAPTER 73 - PART 2
KEEP IN MIND - NON STORY RELATED ADVICE...But please read.
CHAPTER 74
CHAPTER 75
SURVEY QUESTION
SNEAK PEAK - GUESS WHO THIS IS
CHAPTER 76 - BETTER THAN ME
AUTHORS NOTE - SKIP IT/IGNORE IT IF YOU DONT LIKE IT
CHAPTER 77
CHAPTER 78 - CURTAIN CALL
CHAPTER 80 - The Struggle
CHAPTER 81 - "Hello, Mr. Stranger"
Chapter 82 - New Dawn
CHAPTER 83 - BRING IT ON
NOT AN UPDATE

CHAPTER 79 - The Mind Is The Worst Prison

5.2K 195 23
Af WhisperOfSouls

CHAPTER WILL BE EDITED AND POSSIBLY RE-WRITTEN AT A LATER TIME.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

It's been awhile, I know, I know... but guess what .... Here is another chapter! Enjoy!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"The coma carried me into a world where time and space seemed to vanish; it was a dreamlike existence in which people, places, and situations shifted as quickly as thoughts. I had a profound sense of being at a crossroads, a turning point, somewhere between death and life..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Daniel's POV will be in all italics because all this is happening in his mind, his subconscious. Separate from what's actually going on in "the real world". It's all going to be a jumble of memories, thoughts, dreams, and wishes (A bit of supernatural as well). Basically, anything and everything that could cross his mind as he swims through the "in between". "In Between", the waiting room that separates the dead and the living. I hope you enjoy it.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Daniel's POV

Growling.

Pain.

Howls.

"No!...No! Let me see him! Let me see him! I have to see him!" Lilly. It was Lilly. She was screaming but I didn't know why. I recognized her voice but I couldn't see her and I couldn't pin point her location either. Where was I? The last thing I remembered was Ashley's face, and her eyes. Her haunting molten honey eyes. I remembered the pain and agony of being impaled by the woman I loved but nothing else. A fight. I recognized the sounds as I heard a body hit a wall.

Heat.

Fire.

Lilly.

What was happening? Did she need me?

Had I failed? "Honor. Daniel, honor is worth defending but beware. Honor is easily confused with pride a feeling as poisonous as the first bite from the apple." My parents were big defenders of tradition, of the pack, of duty and honor. They had instilled those same believes in me. "But dad, Is honor worth dying for?" I remember asking him, "Son, we do not die for honor. We do not die for glory. We fight to protect and defend our pack, our family because our loyalties are to them. It is the Alpha's we swore to protect, our leaders, a pack without a head, without a leader would soon perish. Our loyalties are to our people, never forget that."

I never forgot. They had instilled there believes and there loyalties in me and I lived by them, still. Not because they were my parents but because I believed they were right. We fought not for honor or glory we fought for our people, to protect the pack, to protect our Alpha. A giggle. "Danny, come here baby. Come here." My mom she was calling to me. "That's is sweetheart. Come over here." I was three again with my mom in our old backyard back in France.

I began walking towards her but somehow my legs wouldn't cooperate with me. I looked down to see that my legs were being entangled by bright green weeds that seemed to be pulling me down to the earth. I fell and began scratching at the earth trying to pull away from the murdeous weed that didn't seem to want to let go. "Mommy! Mommy!" I cried out scared, pleading for her to come help me. "Silly goose." She whispered as she picked my small frame up from bed and into her arms.

"All that tossing and turning got you tangled up in your blanky again." She told me, rocking me in her arms, my eyes closed with my head pressed up against her bosom. A freezing cold wind made me shiver and I opened my eyes. She was gone. I was alone on the floor, curled up into a ball hiding in a dark shadowy corner. Salty tears stained my face but there was no sobbing, no crying, and nobody to comfort me. Not now. Not here. Not anymore. I felt the emptiness again, the hopelessness of the situation, the loneliness and for a moment I wanted to be with them.

"Daniel," my father he was calling out to me. "Daniel, you are a strong, smart, and when your older you will be a good warrior; worthy of defending, this, our pack." His words were still fresh on my mind even though it had been several years since there passing. My small fists were up and punching a miniture punching bag in the shape of Scooby Doo, a gift from my dad. I kept punching it and kicking it much to my fathers delight. "That's it, Danny. Just like that."

Darkness...

Cold...

Emptiness...

Ashley. She was standing besides a wide blue lake, her hair billowing around her, the wind softly carrassing her smooth skin. She was staring of at the sunset her face completely serene. I rushed over to her side, "Ashley?" I called out to her tentively but she didn't turn towards me, "Ashley?" I tried again but her stance didn't change. "Ashley!" I yelled more forcibly but still nothing. Was she ignoring me? Couldn't she hear me?

"Ashley why did you do it? What did I do wrong?" I asked her, pleading to know the truth but she didn't appear to even be noticing me. I grabbed her by the shoulders and shook her, "Ashley! I just want to know why! I deserve at least that...Please..." I whisper and she looks at me without saying a word. I let her go and see her lips moving but no sounds comes out. She's speaking to me I know she is but no words leave her lips.

I see her shake her head before slowly beginning to walk into the lake. The once sunny sky turns dark gray and murky, thunder sounds in the distance, the previous blue lake grows stormy with waves going every which way and then rain begins pouring down on us drenching me. I shiver, the water was now up to her midriff but still she didn't stop. She kept walking deeper and deeper into the lake while the wind outside started to pick up.

It isn't until her head dissapears underneath the troubled surface of the lake that I rush to her aid --- but she's gone. I look around the water tossing me around and smacking me around the water but Ashley was gone. I couldn't see her, I couldn't touch her, I couldn't ... I couldn't....

The coldness was digging deep into my bones as I let the water take me, "Danny... Danny...you're going to be ok. You hear me, You 'will' be ok, dam it...its an order."

Lilly...

I couldn't see her anywhere but somehow her voice seemed to be coming from everywhere around me. I closed my eyes and let myself fall deeper into the lake that seemed to be bottomless.

Its an order....

Her voice echoed around my head bouncing from side to side, "We always follow orders, Daniel. That is what we do. That is what makes us loyal friends and family."

An order...

I was given an order.

"Daniel,"... Someone's calling me. I open my eyes and get instantly blinded by the sun. "Danny, I need you..." A voice. Lilly?... No, its not her. "Please, be ok...Please." Ashley! I get up and turn around to look all around me but I was alone. "Ashley!" I pause and wait for a reply but there isn't one. "Ashley! Come back, Ashley!"

Rage....

Dissapointment....

Denial....

"Ashley!" She didn't reply. "Ashley!" I screamed her name, calling out to her as I walked around from side to side. It felt so hot and I had no idea were I was.

Pain....

A sharp stab of pain went through me making me fall to my knees clutching my stomach. Everywhere around me was empty, no land mark, no people, nothing. I layed down on the floor completely surrounded by hot sand burning my skin but I didn't care. I was alone. I close my eyes.

Darkness....

Blood....

There was so much blood. "'Run!'" I should've stayed. Maybe if I had they would be alive. "'Run!' Daniel, 'Run!'" And I did. I ran as fast as I could to leave the tearing of flesh from bone behind me. So much blood and screams that I couldn't escape them --- I was trapped.

Red....

Mom...Dad... Gone. Everything was gone. Who was I? Did I even exist? Where was I? "Is wee little Danny upset?" He mocked, "Does wee little Danny wanna cry?" I balled my fists. "Did wee little Danny loose his mommy?" I threw a fist straight at his face. Everyone screamed and scrambled as I kept pounding my little fist on every inch of his body I could reach. How dare he make fun of my parents!

Humans. They didn't know a thing. "Daniel, stop!" Someone pulled me back and off the bloody heap on the floor. He was alive, I could see his chest moving slowly up and down. Flashes of red and blue, an ambulance was coming, "What have you done?" I didn't know. I hadn't meant to hit him to near death but once I had started I hadn't been able to stop myself.

Why? I still didn't know. Would I ever know? I wasn't sure and I wasn't sure if I ever would. I leaned against a tree, my eyes close, "Heard you got kicked out of school for nearly killing some kid," a voice stated with very little emotion, almost as if the fact that I had nearly killed a human kid was entertaining to him. "He deserved it." I reply without opening my eyes or moving at all. "I wouldn't doubt it." I feel him sit down next to me followed by blissful silence.

"I could clear your record if you want." I open my eyes and look at him leaning against the tree looking at the inky black sky littered with stars. I stare at him disbelievingly, "You hardly look older than me. How could 'you' clear my record?" I ask him and he shrugs, "Just 'cuz I'm young doesn't mean I can't do it." He replies cryptically and without further explanation.

His hair short black hair is messy, his skin slightly dirty, his piercing blue eyes troubled,  "Who are you?" I ask unable to contain my curiousity, "Call me Z," I stare at him, "That's not a name." I state and he shrugs, "I know that, Z is my handle." He doesn't offer any other information or explanation whatsoever and I don't push him for more. "I'm Daniel." I tell him and he nods, "I know."

Screaming....

Z is gone and I'm alone again drowning, my lungs aching for fresh air. I claw at my surroundings trying unsuccessfully to hold on to anything, to pull myself up and out of the water.

Beep...........

Beep...........

Beep...........

Bright, blinding light swallows me and for a moment I see them.

Fire....

Heat....

Agonizing Pain....

"Mr. Winters, your pack mates tell me that you are an efficient and well trained warrior. Loyal ... Is that true?" I open my eyes and find myself standing in front of Alpha Krieger in his office. I stand tall, my head held high, "I try my best." I reply, my hands stiffly by my side, my back straight. "Records show that you are talented and the most improved in your class. Gifted." The Alpha pauses, "Do you know about the packs private Sentry force?" He asks me and I nod, "Yes, Alpha."

He walks around his desk and comes to stand in front of me, "What do you know." He asks me but it comes out as a statement, I answer it anyway. "Sentries are the Alpha's secret and closest guards, dedicated almost entirely to protecting the Alpha family and reinforcements for the entire pack. Always in the shadows, constantly guarding our leaders. Created after Alpha Crimson's dissapearance to help prevent something like that from ever happening again."

He nodded, "Our Sentries are the packs greatest warriors and last line of defense. When all else fails it falls back to them to persevere. They are given special training not only to hone and master there physical abilities but there....'other' abilities as well. Do you know what I'm talking about?" He asks me and I nod, "It is rumored that some Sentries posses special 'gifts' or 'abilities' that allow them more power to better serve the pack."

He nods and stands firmly in front of me, "Mr. Winters, you are young and about to graduate. What are your plans for after your graduation?" He asks me but doesn't wait for my answer, "I will make you an offer before you decide on what path to take that better suits you. I will give you another option to the ones you have now. Daniel Winters you are young and this offer is given to only a selective few but it would be my pleasure if you would accept my offer to join The Krieger Sentries."

I stood still, silent and unable to answer, "Yes, I accept. Alpha Krieger there is nothing I would like more than to serve my pack and Alpha." He walks back around and takes a seat behind his desk, "You know that to be a Sentry you have to not only be loyal but dedicated to your job and determined as well. Willing to put your life on the line for my family, your pack mates and the innocent. Can you do that? Are you commited? Do you posses the qualities needed for the job?" He asks me and I nod.

"Yes, sir!" I reply as the hapiness blooming from my heart spread throughout my body from my head to my toes.

Pain....

Fire....

Darkness....

Joining the Sentries was one of the happiest moments in my life next to meeting Ashley and finding my future Alpha --- Lilly. Ever since I was a kid after I had nearly killed a human kid and my parents had died I had dedicated my life and time almost enterily to my job as a pack warrior. To honing my skills to better serve my pack, my Alpha. Never thinking that one day I would meet my mate, my other half and never imagining that that person would come to cause me so much pain.

Light....

My parents had showed me that true mates always stood by each other. That no matter what happened in there own independent lives they lived and died for each other. My parents were happy together, they had always been happy together. Yes, I saw them fight and they had arguments but my father never once raised a hand to my mother and vice versa. They would always make up in the end.

Light....

Pain....

Beep....Beep....Beep....

The pain was becoming almost unbearable, I could feel my eyes watering, my heart breaking. "Wake up..." a voice, "Mom?" I called out and waited for a reply, a sign or anything really that would tell me that I hadn't imagined her voice. "Wake up... Danny baby...." My mom again, "Mom? Is it you?" I questioned, "Daniel, you have to open your eyes. You have to wake up now, son." My dad? "Listen to your dad and me, baby, please open your eyes." My parents pleaded with me as the darkness swallowed me.

Pain radiated from my belly to my entire body making me cringe.

I was agonizing and in pain but I had been given and order not only by my Alpha, Lilly but also by my parents.

If I wasn't awake then were was I?

Had I died?

No....

Light so bright, it was blinding....

Pain that made me shiver....

I could feel cold sweat coating my entire body, I shivered....

Beep.............Beep.............Beep.............

Beeeeeeeeep.............

Silence...

Blissful silence...

Nothing.....

There was nothing.......

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

What do you think happened? Hmmm? Well, you'll have to wait and find out. Is he dead or isn't he? I promise that I will try to not take as long as I did with this one in uploading the next chapter. COMMENT, VOTE, FOLLOW, SHARE AND/OR ADD THIS STORY TO YOUR LIBRARIES!!! (Not yelling just putting more emphasis on the words) Let me know what you think so far and again let me know if you or someone you know could make a trailer for me and this story. I have the perfect song for it but can't make the video myself. Message (Or Comment) me here on Wattpad or KIK me at ChameleonDreamGirl to let me know how you like the story so far, what you think about it and anything you'd like to comment on. NO bashing on my grammar and punctuation...I know it needs fixing, ok? But I'm working from my cellphone (I'm computer-less) so what do expect, I don't have spell check. I'm working on it though so you know ill fix it eventually. One more thing, this coma or coma-like state is/was or could be in has lasted a couple of months or so, don't worry I will explain it later. Probably in the next chapter that will happen in Lilly's POV or maybe Nathan's, I haven't decided?

Hope you enjoyed it! (Hopefully it was also longer than usual) CDG out!

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

522K 12.8K 39
Iris has been rejected all her life. By her family, her pack: everyone. So when she meets her mate will he reject her like everyone else? With all...
56.3K 1K 16
DISCONTINUED Rose has been living in a human town and has been home schooled her whole life. Her parents decide that she should enroll in a public h...
358K 11.1K 30
"My body and my wolf may want you but my brain and my heart don't." I said, proud of my words. "They will." ~•~•~•~•~•~ Weird, clumsy, smartass and b...
3.3K 71 18
A werewolf pack attacks a school, or so what it seems. Lilly was able to escape, somewhat. Aaron, the Alpha of the pack finds out that Lilly is his m...