Haven Harbour: Beyond the Sea...

By cliffordpunkrock

Engaged, happy, and in love, Carter Chase and Ashton Irwin are setting off on a new adventure as she joins hi... More

Prolouge
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chater 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chaper 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150
Chapter 151
Chapter 152
Chapter 153
Chapter 154
Chapter 155
Chapter 156
Chapter 157
Chapter 158
Chapter 159
Chapter 160
Chapter 161
Chapter 162
Chapter 163
Chapter 165
Chapter 166
Chapter 167
Chapter 168
Chapter 169
Chapter 170
Chapter 171
Chapter 172
Chapter 173
Chapter 174
Chapter 175
Chapter 176
Chapter 177
Chapter 178
Chapter 179
Chapter 180
Chapter 181
Chapter 182
Chapter 183

Chapter 164

380 14 3
By cliffordpunkrock

Harry's PoV:

My car turned into the back venue lot where the buses were, seeing the bus where Carter was right in front of me.

The car rolled to a stop as my driver had to give my name to the security guard and then we kept going forward until we reached the bus.

When we stopped I got out and began to walk to it.

Today I was picking up Carter to take her to St. Barts for a photo shoot.

It would just be her and I on an island for two nights. Perfection.

She had been a little upset when I had called her the day after she got back to tell her about it and that we would be leaving the next day, but she said she understood.

I know she had just got back and was with Ashton, but I wanted her with me.

I stepped up to the bus door and knocked before walking in.

Two suitcases were next to the door and I could smell fresh baked cookies.

Ender was sitting on the couch and rolled his eyes when he saw me. That brat hated me. It was obvious from the first time I met him.

"Car!" I called out and I heard the sound of rushing footsteps and instead saw Gracie come running out from the back.

"Uncle Harry!" She grinned and ran up to latch onto my legs.

"Hey Gracie." I bent down to hug her.

I then heard more footsteps and looked up to see Carter and Ashton walking in.

Carters hair was pulled back in a ponytail, allowing me to see her flawless face even better. The jeans she wore left nothing to my imagination and a white sweater hung off her loosely.

Ashton had a hand on her back and I felt my muscles tighten.

"Hey." I stood up.

"Hi." She gave me a small smile.

"You ready to go?"

"Yeah, just give me a minute." She said and then had Ender who was sitting on the sofa and Gracie come over to her so she could hug them.

Once she was done saying goodbye to Gracie and Ender, she went to hug Ashton.

Her arms went around his neck and I could see them murmuring things to each other.

Then she did the thing that made my whole body tense up. She stretched up on her tip toes and attached her lips to Ashton's.

He looked at me purposefully before closing his eyes and cupping her cheek with his hand, kissing her back.

They were like this for a minute, snogging each other and then Carter set her feet back on the floor.

"I love you." She looked up at him seriously and almost sadly.

"I love you too. We'll be okay, it's just two days."

"I know but I just don't feel like I should leave right now."

"I can take care of everything here, it's not like we could've planned that. Don't feel guilty."

She nodded at this.

"I'm gonna miss you." She then pouted as she looked up at him.

"I'm going to miss you too." He smiled at her.

She kissed him once more before she let him go and walked over to me.

I picked up one of her suitcases and Ashton got the other.

We walked out to the car where we put them in the back next to mine.

"Call me when you get there. Don't worry about the time." He hugged her again.

"Okay. I'll see you in two days."

"See you."

They kissed once more before Carter went to get in the car.

I gave Ashton a snobbish look as I got in but he ignored me and turned around and walked back to the bus where Gracie was standing in the doorway.

I closed the car door behind me and then turned to look at Carter.

"Are you excited to go to St. Barts?" I asked her.

"Yeah." She gave me a small smile.

"What's wrong?"

"Harry." She shook her head. "I really don't want to talk about it."

"Are you going to be miserable the whole time we're gone?"

"No." She then sighed and reached over to place her hand on mine. "We're going to have fun."

The plane was only a ten minute ride away and when we got there I led her up the stairs where we sat down in the lounge chairs for takeoff.

Once we were up in the air Carter unbuckled the seat belt and then stood up.

"I'm going to go take a nap." She said.

"Alright."

She smiled and then walked back to the bedroom.

She was acting weird.

I waited thirty minutes in silence before I walked back to see her curled up in the blankets.

I kicked off my shoes before getting in the bed next to her.

She turned over when I did but kept her eyes closed and moved closer to me.

I felt better when I was next to her.

Being with her like this made me feel like I wasn't alone. And for a man who lived his life through petty relationships and one night stands, stability for once felt comforting to me.

I wanted to hold her and never let her go. But so did every other man in the world, especially her fiancé.

She and I slept until the plane touched down and I had to wake her up.

She was a bit groggy as we got off the plane and into a car and fell right back asleep on my shoulder.

Once we arrived at the hotel I had to wake her again, shaking her shoulders.

"Sorry. I haven't really slept the past couple nights." She yawned.

"It's alright. When we get to our room you can go right back to sleep.

"We're sharing a room?" She asked.

"Yeah, is that okay?" I asked her.

"Yeah. I just didn't know. Are there two beds?"

"Yes." I mumbled.

Finally we got to our room and I saw that everything on my request list was met.

I wanted to make this trip as romantic as possible without freaking her out, that's why I got the two beds, but the vase of red roses on her nightstand, the candles, the mini fridge stocked with her favourite snacks, and the bathroom cleaned so that there was not a spot of dust anywhere was perfect.

"This is nice." She smiled and walked over to the night stand with the roses on it. "How sweet."

"Want to see the best part?" I asked her with a grin and she followed me out to the sliding glass door where it was dark outside.

I opened the door and took her hand as we stepped outside.

"We have a private beach." I said and her jaw dropped.

"Wow."

"I know."

"I'm so checking that out in the morning."

We went back inside and I placed my suitcase on my bed while she did the same, looking through the contents of the bag until she pulled out a black lace bra and panty set and then a tee shirt along with her cosmetics bag.

"I'm going to go take a shower." She said before slipping into the bathroom, she left the door open a bit to let the steam out, and I went back to unpacking, closing the curtain over the door and locking it before changing into just black basketball shorts. I tossed my tee shirt into my suitcase before setting it down on the ground.

I sat down on my bed and looked up to see the mirror on the wall across from me showed directly into the bathroom.

I could see her standing there at the mirror, taking her hair out of its pony tail.

She then went to take off her shirt and I held my breath as she then removed her jeans.

Then she went to take off her bra, and I knew I shouldn't be watching her, but I couldn't look away.

I could only see her back but her bra came off and I could see the bare skin of her back. She bent down to remove her under wear I assumed and then she stood back up.

The breath then hitched in my throat as she went to get in the shower, giving me a glimpse of her naked body.

She was perfect.

Her figure was slim but she wasn't just straight as a board, she had a few curves that gave her a beautiful shape.

You could see the muscles she had from working on a boat all of her life, and see the defines of them as well.

She stepped into the shower, the fogged up glass blurring my view of her. But even though the steam was getting in the way, I could still see the water rolling down her naked body.

Over the swell of her perfect breasts, then down her stomach and then down her hips and between her legs to the place I wanted to be.

She was perfect.

I then noticed the tent in my shorts and then grabbed the pillow next to me and laid it over my lap before burying my face in my hands.

I wanted her so bad.

I waited until my boner went away before I heard the water turn off.

I couldnt help myself from peeking, watching her get out, wrapping herself in a towel.

She dried off and then put on the black lace bra and thong before sliding on a large tee shirt that I assumed was her fiancés.

She then began to dry her hair, her curls looking soft and shiny before she brushed her teeth and then stepped out of the bathroom.

My "friend" was gone and so I moved the pillow and stood up, passing her.

She went to her suitcase while I went to the bathroom to brush my own teeth and then went back to the bedroom where I saw her get into bed and caught a glimpse of her thong.

I almost groaned but fought it off.

She looked over at me as I got in my own bed.

"Harry?" She asked as I picked up my phone.

"Yeah?" I looked up at her.

"Do you want me to help you sleep, or will you be okay with out me?"

"Well, what are you comfortable with?"

"It doesn't matter to me." She gave me a little smile.

I stood up and turned off the lamp before getting into her bed with her.

She was tiny compared to me so I easily was able to wrap in her my arms.

"It's hard for me to sleep with out Ashton." She said and I rolled my eyes since she couldn't see me.

"Yeah?" I replied, getting comfortable.

"Mhmm." She hummed.

Her back was pressed to my chest and I reached one hand down to stroke her leg with my fingers but she pulled it back up so that it was around her waist.

"Don't get too handsy, Hare." She said and I smirked, pressing my face into her neck. She smelled like strawberries and coconut and I wanted to taste her skin so badly but I had to refrain.

As we laid there I felt her body move as she breathed, feeling her beneath my hands.

She was soft and warm and I loved how she was smaller than me because it allowed me to easily cuddle her into my frame.

She fit against me perfectly.

Playfully, I tangled my legs with hers and she let out a soft giggle, one that made me want to kiss her right then and there.

But I had to refrain. I couldn't do that to her. Not now.

I lifted my head up and used my fingers to tuck her hair behind her ear so I could rest my cheek on hers. I wanted to feel her.

"Oh, oops." She suddenly said and sat up, our bodies losing contact.

"What?" I asked as she got out of the bed, giving me another glimpse of her ass.

"I've been taking my epilepsy and anxiety medication at night and I forgot." She replied and went to her bag to find the pill bottles before taking them and getting back in bed.

"Sorry." She said as she did this.

"You're fine." I smiled, holding up my arm so she could press up against me again before dropping it around her waist.

We resumed the position we had before.

As we laid there in the dark I could feel her begin to relax until slowly she was completely limp and her heart was steady and even with her breaths.

She was asleep.

I softly moved my fingers along her side, gently caressing her so that she wouldn't feel it, or maybe I was hoping she would.

Finally I let out a sigh and tried to get some sleep so I could keep up with her tomorrow. I hadn't slept since the last time I saw her.

As I did I heard a noise coming from the direction of the closet but we were in a bungalow so I wasn't concerned. That is, until I heard whispering.

I kept my eyes closed but furrowed my eyebrows as I tried to listen.

"Do you think they're asleep?"

"I don't know. Maybe we should wait longer."

"But what if they wake up?"

"There's more of a chance they'll be asleep than wake up."

"What if we get caught? What if they track us down? We'll get in so much trouble we never should've done this."

"What the fuck?" I suddenly sat up, Carter moving underneath me.

"Hare, what is it?" She mumbled.

"Take my phone, I want you to call security."

She sat up, looking at me in confusion but I pointed to the closet.

She reached across the bed and grabbed my phone before getting out of bed with me. She stayed next to the bed while I slowly walked forward towards the closet.

I was hoping this wasn't all in my head because that would be embarrassing as hell.

I paused for a moment before yanking open the door and to my surprise two girls were crouched down in the closet.

Carter gasped behind me and a surge of anger took over me.

"Out. Now." I said and the two girls stood with wide eyes.

I pointed to the bed that wasn't being slept on.

"Sit while I call security."

They did as I said and I walked up to Carter, taking the phone from her.

"Put some clothes on." I said and she nodded before going to her suitcase and grabbing some yoga pants.

She went to the bathroom to put them on while Max, my body guard answered my call.

"There's two girls in our room, they were hiding in the closet and we need to get this taken care of."

He grumbled some not very nice things but said he was on his way.

Carter came out of the bathroom and then went to the nightstand to grab her glasses to put those on.

"We're so sorry." One of the girls said.

I just shook my head, Carter approaching me and going to stand beside me but slightly behind.

"What do we do?" She asked me.

"Max is on his way and he'll handle it." I told her and she nodded up at me but I noticed she was holding back tears.

"I'm sorry, that just really scared me." She said trying to hold it together.

"I know. Don't worry, i'll take care of it."

I didn't know how to comfort her appropriately in front of the two female intruders so I just pulled her in close and kissed the top of her head.

Thankfully there was a knock at the door and I went to go get it.

I opened it to see Max and a security guard there.

"They were in the closet." I said and Mac shook his head.

When I walked back I saw Carter talking on the phone and heard her say "Ashton" , so she was probably telling him what had happened.

"Ladies." Max sighed as he walked in the room.

"We're so sorry! We didn't mean any harm! I knew this was a dumb idea." The girl who had spoken before started to cry. She seemed older than the girl next to her who was staring at me and it was then I realised I was shirtless.

"Can you grab me a sweater?" I asked Carter since she was no longer on the phone and she nodded before padding over to my suitcase and furrowing around for one and then came back with a black sweater that I slid on.

I then sighed and went to sit on the edge of the bed across from them, staring them both down.

"First of all, how did in you get in here and what were you trying to do?" I asked them.

"We just wanted to see you." The talkative girl said. "We came in through the sliding door when you guys walked outside."

I shook my head.

"Well, you could've just come up to us outside. But now we have this to deal with." I sighed. "What were you thinking?"

"You're trespassing on private property. That's a criminal offence. Not only that but you're in the hotel room of someone and that's burglary." The security officer said.

"Please don't take us to jail! Please!" The now quiet one said.

"I'll make you a deal." I said and they looked at me. "I'm sure you were taking pictures and videos, and for her privacy and mine I don't want those everywhere online. So if you delete them I won't press charges."

The girls looked at each other.

"I can't make you delete them, but please. Is one picture of us asleep more important than going to jail?"

"We'll delete them." The quiet girl said. "But first, can I ask, are you together?"

I looked back at Carter.

"No we're not. I'm engaged to Ashton." Carter said.

"And besides, even if we were it is no ones business but our own. Though we're just friends." I said.

Saying "just friends" made me want to vomit.

The two girls nodded at me and both took out their phones and began to delete the pictures and videos.

"Done." They said.

"Do you mind if I check?" I asked and they handed me their phones.

"Can you delete them from the deleted folder as well please?" I asked and handed them back.

Carter stood silently behind me the entire time.

Finally the phones were clean of photographic evidence.

"Thank you."

Then they had their bags searched to make sure they hadn't stolen anything before Max and the officer escorted them out of our room.

I locked the door and then went back to Carter who was standing there frozen.

"Come on. Let's go back to bed." I said and pulled the blanket back.

"I don't think i'll be able to sleep." She whispered but got in bed with me.

I took off her glasses for her and set them on the night stand before allowing her to curl up in my arms.

"That's so messed up." She croaked after a minute. "Who breaks into someone's hotel room? And all for a stupid photo."

"I know. I hope they didn't ruin our trip."

"Yeah." She breathed and I frowned before lightly brushing my fingertips across her cheek.

I then leaned in a pressed a kiss to the corner of her jaw, right below her ear.

"You're safe with me."

"I know." She said and I could feel her smile.

After a while we had finally calmed down and fell asleep.

In the morning we woke up to the sound of my phone ringing and I groaned as I fumbled for it.

"Hello?"

"Hey mate."

It was Niall.

"What do you want?"

"Harry who's on the phone?" Carter grumbled next to me.

"Woah, sorry man. Didn't mean to call at a bad time." Niall said.

"No. No it's just Carter. We're in St. Barts for a shoot. What did you need?"

"I was just going to ask if you wanted to go for lunch but I guess not now. I'll talk to you soon."

I hung up before laying back down, sighing.

Carter moved closer, laying her head on my chest and I smiled as I brought my hand to her head.

"How about a walk on the beach?" I asked.

"Only if you can get me out of this bed."

"Challenge accepted." I smirked and then stood up before picking her up.

"Okay okay okay." She laughed and I set her down before she grabbed her phone.

I opened the door and then took her hand, the two of us walking out into the sand.

"It's so gorgeous." Carter smiled, the wind blowing her hair.

"I know." I said, commenting on her and not the ocean but she didn't have to know that.

We began to walk down the beach, my hand taking hers as we walked.

Playfully she tugged my hand and I took out my phone to get a cute candid picture of her.

"Let me see." She pulled on my arm and I showed her the picture before she smiled.

"Now let me take one of you." She held her phone up and took a picture of me standing in front of the ocean.

"Okay, one of both of us." I put my arms around her shoulders to take a photo of the two of us.

Even without makeup Carter glowed like the sun.

I kissed her cheek and then we made our way back to the hotel for breakfast.

We ate and then she got a bit ready before we left to go to the studio where she would be getting her hair and makeup done.

As her manager I was in charge of making sure only the people who were supposed to be there were there, that everything was set up and all looks were ready and that she would be getting paid the amount planned.

When she first started out her rate was lower, but my name recognition and her looks immediately skyrocketed her and now I was getting between 60-100 emails and calls a day asking for her to be in different catalogs and runway shows.

I had even managed to her a casting call with Victoria's Secret, and if she could get in the catalogs then she was just a step away from walking on the runway in their show and becoming a Victoria's Secret angel.

I also wanted to get her in some makeup commercials to get her face more exposure on television besides the news where she was almost every day.

She had the potential to be a supermodel.

After confirming money with the company that hired her, I went to the dressing room to see her sitting in the chair getting her makeup and hair done at the same time.

Her phone began to ring as I walked up to her and she looked before smiling and answering, holding it up in front of her.

"Hello!" She gasped and I noticed Ashton and Gracie's faces on the screen.

"Mommy!" Gracie shouted.

"Hi, love." Carter smiled. "I miss you."

"I miss you Mommy!"

"Hey, Car!" Ashton then said.

"Hey, honey." Carter beamed at him. She looked at him like he hung the moon.

News flash Carter: he didn't.

"Hey, baby. How's St. Barts?"

"It's so gorgeous here. We have to come back and bring the kids! It would be such a good family vacation."

"I like that idea." He smiled.

"But how are you? How was the show? I wish I would've been there."

"It was good. Halfway through I saw Gracie dancing backstage and messed up because I started laughing but other than that it was good." He said.

"Ca-" I went to interrupt but Gracie then spoke.

"Mommy I sleep in your bed with Daddy!"

"You did?" Carter laughed. "Did you get some Daddy cuddles? He gives the best cuddles."

"You want Daddy cuddles too?" Gracie laughed.

"Daddy cuddles sound amazing." Carter smiled and I saw Ashton wink at her on the screen.

I had to end this.

"Carter, we need you in wardrobe now." I said and she looked back at me.

"Oh. Okay." She frowned.

She ended the call after telling them goodbye and chatting with Ender before the makeup and hair crew finished her up.

I then hustled her off to wardrobe. I wanted to get this over with as quickly as I could so we could be alone.

There were still so many things about her that I wanted to know.

She was such a quiet person that I wondered if she was scared to talk to people, but she talked to Ashton. I wanted to know what it took to get her to open up.

She was a total mystery to me.

But one I wanted to figure out piece by piece.

Her eyes held a sadness in them that made me wonder what thoughts were in her head and what made her so sad and why that sadness only went away when certain people walked into the room.

For some reason I wasn't one of those people.

Carter was anything but an open book.

She was like the worlds most intricately written mystery novel, with a revelation that made you gasp at every page turn.

And the thing was, she liked it that way. She didn't want to speak of herself and what she was thinking. It was impossible not to crave to know what was on that girls mind.

Ask her and she may tell you, but don't ask and you will never know what's going on behind those stormy grey eyes.

And I had to know.

--

Decided to post a chapter from Harry's point of view since he's an important part of Carters life and the plot in general.

Just a little taste of what's to come ;)

Much love xx-m

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151 16 16
Paris is a 19 year old girl who lives in Sydney. She finish school a year ago. One day she was gonna met up with her mom who lives an hour away from...
87.2K 1.8K 72
"You're just out of my limit." Ashton said. "Do you know what our experiences has been like? A roller coaster. We both had our ups and downs. We bo...
5.9K 113 35
|THIS IS COMPLETED| Kayla Jepson, a normal 17 year old girl from London. She lives with her dad since her mum died from a drug overdose. When Kayla's...
841 70 36
It's summer and all I wanted to do is spend my days at the camp. Except that my cousin - who I haven't even met yet - decided to get married and I wa...