Metamorphasis

WhisperOfSouls által

Lilly was considered the runt of her pack. Nobody saw her as anything more than the ugly duckling but she was... Több

Prologue - The Event
Author's Note
Chapter 1 - Meeting Liz
Chapter 2 - My Alpha, My Mate, My Friend
Chapter 3 - The Oath
Chapter 4 - Surprise
Chapter 5 - New Discovery/My Leave
Chapter 6 - A True Vision
Chapter 7 - A secret
IMPORTANT - Update
Chapter 8 - A New Beginning
Chapter 9 - Confusion/Change
Chapter 10 - Dinner
Chapter 11 - Time Lapse
Chapter 12 - Broken
Chapter 13 - The Ride
Chapter 14 - Prep
Chapter 15 - Surprise Reunion
Chapter 16- Test
Chapter 17-Unknown
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 21-Part 2
Chapter 22
IMPORTANT UPDATE
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
CHAPTER 25
Chapter 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
SHORT MAIN CHARACTER BIOS
CHAPTER 32
NOT TO OFFEND ANY READERS
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34 PART 1
SIDE NOTE
CHAPTER 34 PART 2
CHAPTER 34 FINAL PART-PART 3
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
SHORT EXPLANATION/RE-CAP
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
IMPORTANT NOTICE
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
UPDATED CHARACTER BIOS!!!
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
HALLOWEEN SPECIAL
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
Chapter 68
QUESTION FOR MY READERS
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 72
PLEASE READ : Goodbye Kitty
CHAPTER 73 PART 1
CHAPTER 73 - PART 2
KEEP IN MIND - NON STORY RELATED ADVICE...But please read.
CHAPTER 74
CHAPTER 75
SURVEY QUESTION
SNEAK PEAK - GUESS WHO THIS IS
CHAPTER 76 - BETTER THAN ME
AUTHORS NOTE - SKIP IT/IGNORE IT IF YOU DONT LIKE IT
CHAPTER 77
CHAPTER 78 - CURTAIN CALL
CHAPTER 79 - The Mind Is The Worst Prison
CHAPTER 80 - The Struggle
CHAPTER 81 - "Hello, Mr. Stranger"
Chapter 82 - New Dawn
CHAPTER 83 - BRING IT ON
NOT AN UPDATE

CHAPTER 71

7.9K 211 10
WhisperOfSouls által

Daniel's POV

We turn around the corner and with my peripheral vision I notice a seething girl launching herself straight at Lilly but she never had a chance of reaching her. I kept a very close watch on Lilly and even if she was strong her intentions were doomed from the start. Nathan slammed her on the ground before the girl even knew what hit her and I kept her down without having to move a muscle. I lean in real close and I can see the panic in her eyes, "Should we kill her?"

"Perhaps but not here. Let's take her out through the back." Lilly orders and I yank her up. Don't hurt the girl but do put her in the trunk. Make sure she's alright though and I'll call her Alpha. Lilly tells us and we slowly proceed to exit the school through the back were Brad and Jay await us. The moment they see us they pop the cars trunk and I shove her in making sure she has good air supply so she won't accidentally die on die on us.

Fortunately nobody sees us and nobody questions us either. She must have told them what was going on or perhaps they were just incredibly perceptive. "Let's get home." She says and we all make our way to the front were the girls are leaning on the truck. "Hey, Lilly is this baby really yours?" Liz, Lillys childhood friend asks her and Lilly nods. "Sure, is and very expensive but worth every dime." She replies and I nod in agreement.

It had been a very expensive custom made bike with an integrated radio/cd/usb player that barely fit into the small frame but she wanted it and whatever she wanted she got. "Sorry, Liz can't talk but why don't you come by later and we'll go out?" She asks her and the Liz girl seems crestfallen but nods. "Movies like the old times?" She asks and Lilly nods. "You know the house besides the Alphas in the two acre lot where an empty house sat for awhile?" Lilly asks and Liz nods.

"Yeah, who doesn't? Wait, you live in that huge ass place?" She asks surprised as we mount our bikes. "Yup, meet me there at seven and you'll meet everyone." She tells her followed by goodbyes and we speed off without further talk. The moment we arrive its evident Lilly had called the Alpha because he stood poised right on our front steps. We drive into the garage and once every one is inside we pop open the trunk to reveal I very freaked out girl.

"Here's your girl, Alpha, but if she ever dares try to attack me well you above all know the consequences that could have." Lilly whispers to him and although her tone is soft she couldn't sound more deadly or be more serious if she tried. "Understood and don't worry I will handle this." He replies as I hand over the now unconsience girl. "I will protect her with my life even if that includes taking the life of others." I add and he nods in understanding.

Ashley's POV

Daniel stands dangerously close to her and I can't help but fantasize with snapping her neck in two. They're talking with the Alpha but I can't hear what they're saying too well. "I will protect her with my life even if that includes taking the life of others." I hear Daniel murmur and its obvious that the her he is talking about is Lilly. "Sister, you shouldn't spy on other." I hear Casey tell me but I push her out of the way and go straight to me room slamming the door close.

He was my mate. Mine! So why was he willing to risk his life for another girl? The only girl he should be willing to die for should be me! I flip my desk and hear someone knocking on my door. "Ashley?" It's him. "I just want to talk." He whispers and I force my eyes close. He can't see me like this not now not ever. I open the window after making sure he remained by the door and the backyard clear.

I jump out the window and run towards the forest leaving behind my mate. Once I reached a small distance I stopped and curled up by foot of a tree in my wolf form. I don't get five minutes when I sense her near by and I growl in fustration. 'Casey, go away!' I demand but like always she doesn't listen to me. I'm suppose to be the older sister she's suppose to listen and follow my orders but she never has.

She's in wolf form and surprisingly she's alone. 'You know. I found Danny leaning against your door waiting for you to answer. The poor guy feels like he did something.' She tells me and I growl. 'He did do something! He's with her!' If it were possible I would swear my sister was rolling her eyes at me in wolf. 'They're just friends. Besides if it bothered you as much as I know it does you would've already accepted him and talked...Have you talked to him?' She asks.

So now everything was my fault? It was my fault that I had memories that scarred me. 'He should just now.' I murmur and I swear I see her roll her eyes. 'How could he possibly just know? Sometimes, I think not even I know the full story.' She adds. Truth is she doesn't know the half of it but she didn't need to know. I was already bearing the weight alone and didn't need my sisters pity.

'Look all I'm saying is that you should talk to him or just out right reject him.' She states before curling up next to me. Silence.

Daniel's POV

I don't know how long I waited for Ashley to open the door but she never did. After the Alpha left I had come straight to her willing to talk and understand why she was so opposed to us being together but nothing. "Daniel?" I hear someone calling me but I'm numb. "Daniel, my sister isn't in her room. I'm sorry." Casey's words just hit my like a punch to the stomach leaving me breathless.

She was there when I first knocked but it was true I could sense that her presence was no longer in the room. 'Probably left through the window.' I think and laugh. 'Oh the irony' "Ill go look for her." Casey murmurs and leaves through the nearest open door but not before letting Lilly now she was going out. She was respectful and bouncy, happy if you must but Ashley, Ashley was down right gloomy even when she smiled.

"Danny, you wanna talk?" Lilly asks me as she slides down next to me. 'Had Casey told her how stupid I probably looked begging Ashley to talk to me? If she had Lilly didn't show it.' "I'm fine." I reply gruffly but she's not one to just let a subject drop. "Danny, I thought we were friends and friends talk." She states, "Besides you're almost always stuck to me closer than my own shadow and don't come to me with the story that your my guard because that's no reason for you to act like my shadow." She remarks.

I guess her comments have some truth in them but admitting the truth was just too harsh for me. "Lilly you just wouldn't understand." I murmur not looking up from my shoes. "What wouldn't I understand? If you don't explain to me what's going on of course I won't understand." She insisted and I sighed. 'Should I tell her? If I told her would she care?' "Maybe I don't need to be next to you like a shadow but if I don't I'll be flooded with thoughts of Ashley and right now I can't handle that."

"She hasn't rejected me outright but she also has been refusing to accept me. Am I that bad a prospect that I don't deserve a simply answer?" I ask her and she looks at me with understanding. "Of course not. Danny, you're an amazing wolf and as cliché as it may sound any girl would be happy to have you." She replies and I laugh sarcasticlly. "Then why isn't she with me?" I ask rhetorically my voice cracking.

"I don't know." She whispers. "At least when I'm working with you I'm busy and don't have time to spend thinking of all the possible reasons for why she wouldn't want to be with me." I admit and she hugs me trying to comfort me but it doesn't really work. "Want to go for a run?" She asks me. "You know me to well." I reply and stand up before helping her up. She did know me and we had lived together long enough for her to know that I always went for a run when ever I was feeling tense.

Nathans POV

I watch from a distance as they shift before running out the open door and into the backyard before getting lost among the wild trees surrounding us. For a second a strong feeling of self doubt and jealousy invade me making me want to chase after them but I don't. It takes all my self control but I stay put, "They are just friends...They are just friends." I chant and hear laughter behind me.

"Jealous much?" Brad asks me and I feel myself wanting to punch him. Instead I just grip the counter top nearly crushing the granite. "Relax, there just going for a run. Its not like they're going to runaway and elope." He adds and this time I do try to punch him. He dodges my punch and hold me against the counter with my hands behind my back as I growl angrily but there's no fight in me.

"Dude, relax. I was just kidding with you. My sister wouldn't leave you for anything in the world. If she hasn't left you by now she never will." His words hit a nerve. "Are you trying to be reassuring 'cuz you're doing a banged up job of it." I snarl and he let's me go. "Yes actually but I have the gift of always sounding sarcastic." He quipps.

I swear if he wasn't related to Lilly I would've already. "Already what? Punched the living daylights outta me?" He scoffs pointing at his head before laughing and walking away. I growl and take out a dam bottle of grape juice because as much as I wanted a drink I knew I would never stop at one. Once I started I wouldn't want to stop and then Lilly would return only to find me amidst several bottles of gin.

She'd be dissapointed in me but not any more than I would be in myself. She hadn't made quit drinking, hell, she hadn't even asked me to stop. When we first met I offered her gin gods sake and not once had she complained about my alcoholic breath or my partying. Quitting had come completely from me because there was nothing I could give her that would matter except perhaps my health. It was torture but I got through it and she was so proud of me that I never gave up.

Sure, I felt tempted at time but everytime I felt weak I thought about her and that smile. I could die looking at her smile and not give a second thought to anything. Dam, I was whipped. In the time I had known Lilly, she had become my main reason to live. Without her I had no breath, no wish continue existing, hell, I had nothing. Or at least it felt that way to me sometimes. One thing was for certain though, I would love Lilly until my last dying breath because once I had had her nothing and nobody else could compare.

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

Don't worry the next part will be up soon enough. As always my lovely readers VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND ADD THIS STORY TO YOUR LIBRARIES!!! Show your support for the writer and the story. Chapter 6 - Hypnotize for "Life Is Beautiful" is already up as well and I would appreciate it if you guys could check it out. Thank you and Merry Christmas, Yule, Hanukah, or Merry/Happy whatever your religion celebrates if you do celebrate anything that is.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

378K 11.7K 26
Cira Olivia Thomas is the daughter of Kaiya and Darren Thomas, Alpha and Luna of The White Crescent Pack. She is the runt of the pack, like her moth...
194 0 9
Lydia has always been at the bottom of the pack. She was above the petty outcasts, and definitely above the rogues. But she was not important to the...
3.1M 79K 22
She's the runt, the outcast, the pack punching bag. All because she's different; a fox-in a pack of wolves. When an Alpha comes to evaluate the pack...
31.8K 1.1K 22
I was the unwanted. I was the broken. I was the girl no one wanted to be friends with. I was the one who kept to myself scared of rejection. I was t...