Haven Harbour: Beyond the Sea...

By cliffordpunkrock

Engaged, happy, and in love, Carter Chase and Ashton Irwin are setting off on a new adventure as she joins hi... More

Prolouge
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chater 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chaper 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150
Chapter 151
Chapter 152
Chapter 153
Chapter 154
Chapter 155
Chapter 156
Chapter 157
Chapter 158
Chapter 159
Chapter 160
Chapter 161
Chapter 162
Chapter 163
Chapter 164
Chapter 165
Chapter 166
Chapter 167
Chapter 168
Chapter 169
Chapter 170
Chapter 171
Chapter 172
Chapter 173
Chapter 174
Chapter 175
Chapter 176
Chapter 177
Chapter 178
Chapter 179
Chapter 180
Chapter 181
Chapter 182
Chapter 183

Chapter 129

437 17 2
By cliffordpunkrock

Ashton's PoV:

"Um Ashton?" I heard Carter call out to me and I walked out from the bed area to see none other than my ex Jenna Taylor at the door.

Carter looked nervous.

"What are you doing here?" My eyes narrowed as I spoke to Jenna.

"I came to apologise." She shifted awkwardly, she was nervous too.

"Well it's not accepted so you can leave."

"Ashton." Carter looked at me with wide eyes.

"Carter she's been horrible to you!" I defended.

"It doesn't matter. Look, I don't know anything about the way you guys ended your relationship but I know it ended badly and I think you two need to talk whatever this is out because I'm done being in the middle of it."

"I don't want to talk to her." I shook my head.

"Well I want you to." She crossed her arms and looked at me like I wasn't even allowed to argue with her.

"This won't do anything."

"You'll never know until you try. Now go. I'll stay in here." She nodded towards the door and I hesitantly and unfortunately followed Jenna out into the hallway, the door closing behind us.

"This is stupid." I angrily muttered. "This won't help anything."

"Can you just hear me out?" Jenna asked and for the first time I looked at her, like really looked at her.

She looked exactly the way she did the day I broke up with her. Her brown hair tied back, her brown eyes sad.

"Fine." I sighed and leaned back against the wall.

"I really did come here to apologise to you. Ever since we broke up i've been so rude and bitter towards you and i'm sorry."

"Yeah, well." I scoffed.

"I am. I didn't understand why I was doing it at first, but I know now I was being that way because...I still love you."

My eyes went wide for a moment. I wasn't expecting this.

"Jenna its been two years...I think it's time for you to move on." I said awkwardly.

"I tried. But then I saw you were with someone and all of those feelings I had when we started dating came back and I just can't not think about you." She said, more emotional than I had ever seen her. "When I saw that photo of you two outside the hospital I thought she was a cousin maybe that you hadn't told me about, but then I saw the ones of you two at the zoo and you were kissing her and then you got engaged to her and I-"

"Jenna, I don't want to be rude here, but I'm in love with someone else. Whatever feelings you have for me are unrequited."

"But you used to love me?" She looked up at me hopefully.

"Jenna what we had, it wasn't love. It was unhealthy and toxic and we both deserved to be out of that relationship."

"I messed up so badly I know, but i've changed."

"That doesn't really matter anymore." I shook my head again. "I'm engaged to Carter. I'm happily engaged to her. Our time was over a long time ago, and you should move on."

"What does she have that I don't?" She asked as I was about to turn away.

"Don't torture yourself asking these questions."

"Please, I just, I need to know."

I looked up at the ceiling and took a deep breath.

"You know, the first day I met Carter, she was in water sprayed clothes, had no makeup on, and her hair was in the messiest bun she could pull off, but she was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. She didn't even have to try. And I just knew, right then and there, before I had even said a word to her, that I was going to spend the rest of my life with her."

"And you didn't feel that way with me?" She said more like a statement.

"I didn't."

"So what is it? What does she have that I don't?"

"Jenna it's not a certain quality, it's just everything about her. She has flaws like me and you but those flaws make her the most perfect person in the world to me." I said and Jenna seemed to back off. "She's just the most compassionate, sweet, caring, generous, and selfless person i've ever met. She's so smart, so freaking smart, and yet she is so humble and down to earth. She's hilarious and dorky and makes me laugh constantly. There's never a dull conversation or awkward moment because we are so comfortable just being with each other. She's an amazing mother and sister and friend and everyone loves her, it's impossible not to. And after everything Carter has been through in her life she is still so positive and has so much hope, and i've never met someone as brave as she is."

Jenna looked at a loss for words, but now I was on a roll and couldn't stop myself.

"She's never wanted or made me change for her, she loves me for who I am. She listens to me, wants to talk to me and be involved in my life just as much as I want to be involved in hers. She supports me and my dreams, and she's never said a rude thing to me even after I screw up. It's like every single time I look at Carter I just fall more in love with her."

"You never felt that way about me." Jenna sniffled and I felt bad for the girl.

"No, but that doesn't mean that someone won't. There's so many other guys out there Jenna, it's time to look for someone who will love you the way you want to be loved."

"I wanted that from you." She looked up at me with tears in her eyes.

"I can't give you that." I shook my head. "Carter is the love of my life, and i'm going to spend forever with her."

"I'm too late. I missed my chance."

"Jenna it's always been Carter, and it always will be. Even if we were together I would eventually meet Carter and it would be over because she's the girl I'm supposed to spend the rest of my life with, marry, and have children with."

"But I could change for you! I could-"

"Don't you get it?!" I asked her exasperated. "She's the love of my life, my soulmate, my forever, my everything, do any of those ring a bell? It doesn't matter what you do, I can't love you."

This seemed to hit home and I saw her reach up to wipe away her tears.

"Sorry, I should have been a bit less harsh."

"No, it's what I needed to hear. I'll just never be Carter."

"No one will ever be Carter." I said and she showed me a faint smile.

"You just looked so happy with her, and I want that."

"And you can have that, just not with me."

She nodded.

I heard the door open behind me and I turned to see Gracie walking out the door.

"What are you doing baby girl?" I picked her up and set her on my waist.

"Daddy, I sleepy." She rubbed her eyes.

"Ah, is someone ready for bed?" I smiled at her and she nodded.

"You read me story and sing to me."

"You want me to read and sing? Wow, you must not be that tired." I playfully squeezed her nose and she giggled. "Now can you say hello to someone, this is Jenna." I nodded to Jenna and Gracie waved her little hand.

"Hi." Jenna said in a small voice.

"I Gracie Irwin." Gracie then grinned and I laughed.

"Yes you are."

"I know where babies come from!" She then said excitedly.

"You do?" I asked her.

"Mhmm." She nodded. "Mommy and Daddy love each other and make baby. Then baby goes in Mommys tummy!"

"You're so silly." I rubbed my nose against hers.

"I know because I baby in Mommys tummy."

"Yes you were." I kissed her nose.

"I happy Gracie!" Gracie continued to smile.

"I know, you're my happy little girl, aren't you? Give Daddy a kiss."

She gave me a kiss and pressed her cheek against mine as she hugged my neck.

"I love you." I gave her a few more kisses.

"I love you Daddy." She smiled happily.

I smiled at her for a moment before looking back at Jenna.

"I think there's someone else you need to apologise to." I told her and she nodded.

I opened the door to the hotel room and Jenna followed me inside.

I set Gracie down and she ran over to Carter who was cleaning up toys.

"Mommy, kiss!"

"Okay, okay." Carter smiled and bent down to give Gracie a kiss before the little girl scampered off to find a toy.

Carter saw Jenna and I and stood up as I walked and stood beside her and put my hand on her back, Jenna stopping a few feet away.

"Carter, I want to say that I'm sorry for all of those horrible things I did to you and said about you." Jenna began. "I was selfish and jealous and petty and you didn't deserve that."

"Thank you." Carter gave her a soft smile.

"I want you to know that I really am so sorry, and I know I was wrong. The way Ashton talks about you makes you seem so perfect, and I want that."

Carter looked up at me, the smile still on her face.

"Well I'm far from perfect," Carter reached up to mess with my hair, my hand on her back, "but I'm with someone who is."

I laughed at her and then bent down to kiss her.

Carter then placed her hand on my cheek and stepped away from me and closer to Jenna.

"Jenna, I really do hope you find the love you always wanted one day. Just because it isn't with who you wanted it to be, doesn't mean it's not out there."

"Yeah." Jenna nodded and then Carter stepped forward to hug Jenna, Jenna hugging her back.

"I forgive you." Carter told her and I smiled at how amazing Carter was.

"I don't deserve it but thank you." Jenna sniffled and then they pulled away.

"Everyone deserves second chances." Carter looked back at me and reached for my hand which I took.

Carter had given me a second chance, and even though I didn't deserve it I was so glad she did.

Gracie then ran up to us and I picked her up again.

"Um, I want you both to know that I'm sorry for what you're going through right now, and if you need anything I'm happy to help."

"Thank you." Carter smiled at her.

"I think it's time for my princess to go to bed." I said and Gracie laid her head down on my shoulder.

"Yeah, um I'll go." Jenna said and gave an awkward wave before leaving, the door closing behind her.

"Well?" Carter turned to me, her thumbs in her back pockets and a smirking 'I told you so' look on her face.

"Yup, I'm really lucky to have you." I smugly smiled back and leaned down to kiss her, Carter laughing against my lips.

"It was nice that she apologised."

"Yeah, well I just hope she gets over it." I sighed and then went to lay Gracie down in the bed.

"Ender has been across the hall playing video games for two hours." Carter rolled her eyes and then went to go get him while I picked out a story book for Gracie.

Carter came back in with a whining Ender and got him into bed before we tucked him in as well.

I read the story and then sang Gracie her lullaby before she was out like a light.

Carter and I then prepared to sleep and slipped beneath the covers of our bed.

"So I totally wasn't expecting tonight to go anything like that." Carter said as she laid down.

"Tell me about it." I chuckled.

"You just have every girl falling at your feet don't you?" She cheesily grinned.

"Apparently. But there's only one girl I care about." I kissed her nose.

"So what did she say?"

"Oh gosh." I shook my head. "Well she started with saying that she loved me and ended with saying that she will never be you."

"Hmm." Carter said.

"Exactly." I rolled my eyes.

"Well maybe this will be the end of all of that and we won't have to deal with it anymore."

"Please." I put my hands together like I was praying and she laughed before rolling over on her side and scooting closer to me.

"Do you think she will find someone?" She asked me.

"One day. I think she has a lot of things to work on personally but she'll find someone."

"You seem to be attracted to girls with lots of personal issues." She attempted a joke but I rolled my eyes.

"You don't have personal issues. You've had a tough life Car, but I was more than willing to step in and be apart of that and try and make things better for you and Ender."

"Well you did." She smiled.

"Doesn't feel like it."

"Despite everything we are going through right now I have never been happier in my life. Since you and I started dating it's changed me for the better, and I'm very thankful for you."

"I'm thankful for you too." I kissed her neck and she moved closer so I could continue.

Suddenly a knock at the door interrupted us and I groaned.

"It's probably Ari." Carter said and we both got out of bed.

I was currently shirtless and it was cold in the room so I folded my arms across my stomach as Carter opened the door.

But instead of it being Ari on the other side it was Jenna.

"What?" I asked in confusion as Car covered herself up a little more.

"I'm sorry, I just have one more question." Jenna said and I sighed as Carter looked up at me.

"Is there anything I could've done different that would have changed your mind about me?"

At this Carter awkwardly looked at the ground. This was uncomfortable for her.

"Jenna we were never meant to be, okay? I'm not the guy for you. I could never love you the way you want to be loved because my heart belongs to Carter. You have to see that, and you also have to see that sometimes people just aren't right for each other, no matter what they change about themselves."

Jenna sniffled, looking like she was going to cry again.

"I'm not the right guy for you, but someone else is. And you're not the right girl for me but Carter is, and honestly that's just life."

"I just don't know how to find someone like you." Jenna said and I saw Carters shoulders drop even lower than they were.

"Maybe that's your problem, you don't need to find someone like me, find someone who can give you the things you want."

Carter lifted her head.

"Can I say something?" She asked. "Jenna, Ashton and I both weren't looking for a relationship when we met but it just happened. We couldn't control it. But fate put us in each others lives for a reason, so he could be my husband and I could be his wife, and that we could love each other how the other wanted and needed to be loved. Some guy is out there looking for the girl he wants to love for the rest of his life but you're still standing here hanging onto a guy who has already found that with someone else. Do yourself a favour and let go of Ashton and go find that guy of your dreams. He's probably looking for you too, and you'll regret wasting so much time not finding him once you do."

Jenna was shell shocked and honestly so was I by what Carter said.

"I-I never thought of it like that." Jenna managed to get out and Carter gave her a little smile.

"That's okay, but you are now. So go find that great love Jenna, and once you do you'll understand what Ashton and I are talking about."

"I will." Jenna smiled back. "I'm sorry for interrupting your evening...twice."

"It's alright." Carter smiled again. "Goodnight."

"Wait, Carter!" Jenna said and Carter turned back. "You're really lucky to have Ashton."

"I know." Carter smiled.

At this Jenna walked away and I closed the door.

When I looked at Carter I expected her to laugh or roll her eyes but instead I saw them swelling with tears.

"Hey, what's the matter?" I took her face into my hands and moved my face closer to hers.

"You love me." She blubbered and I let out a laugh before pulling her into my arms, hugging her tightly.

"I love you so much." I said into her hair.

"I love you too." She squeezed my neck, my arms tightening around her waist as I held her, knowing that right now in my arms I wasn't just holding the girl I loved, I was holding my future, my life, my forever.

My Carter.

--

Awwwww:)

Double update yay!

So will this really be the end of Jenna or will this only motivate her to keep trying for Ashton?

Also the hearing is coming up soon, how will Carter and Ashton prepare and will the verdict go their way?

I'll have the next parts up soon!

Much love xx-M

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.6K 1K 61
When 20 year old Alyssa receives a letter telling her that she is Ashton Irwin's long lost twin sister, her life changes forever. As she meets the ba...
308 31 8
"We're going to Australia." "Seriously?" Delilah is shocked that she is going to Australia for one of her dad's business trip. For the short month...
5.9K 113 35
|THIS IS COMPLETED| Kayla Jepson, a normal 17 year old girl from London. She lives with her dad since her mum died from a drug overdose. When Kayla's...
419 23 21
As far as everyone knows Michael Clifford was an only child. That is until he told the world of his twin sister Mena Clifford who had been hidden awa...