How Did We Get Here // Luke H...

By OhMyGodItsLEX

A tragic story about a girl named Emma. She finds herself in a new country, half way across the world from he... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Class Clown
Chapter 2: The One With the Weird Name
Chapter 3: Ready?
Chapter 4: Pickup Line
Chapter 5: The Deadly Crisis
Chapter 6: Government Agent
Chapter 7: French Fries and Almonds
Chapter 8: Gus-Gus
Chapter 9: The Hemmo's
Chapter 10: Are you Crazy?
Chapter 11: My Eulogy
Chapter 12: Bonding Time
Chapter 13: Its Church
Chapter 14: Be Impulsive
Chapter 15: The Scenery
Chapter 16: Really, I Just Get This?
Chapter 17: Horrible night
Chapter 18: Super Natural Stuff?
Chapter 19: I Don't Understand
Chapter 20: Into Bones
Chapter 21: Gotta Booger
Chapter 22: Bloody Nose
Chapter 23: People Are Going To Flip
Chapter 24: Pink hair
Chapter 25: Whiskey
Chapter 26: I would
Chapter 27: Super Human
Chapter 28: Past Four Months
Chapter 29: Everything Changes
Chapter 30: Acting Weird
Chapter 31: Flashed Before My Eyes
Chapter 32: Mother STOP!
Chapter 33: Simple Hey?
Chapter 34: Australia
Chapter 35: Big Day
Chapter 36: Say Good Bye Emma
Chapter 37: That's Not Right
Chapter 38: Look at Us
Chapter 39: Wonders
Chapter 40: Karma
Chapter 41: Meeting Wilbert
Chapter 42: I Get It Sharron
Chapter 43: Starry Vs. Wilma
Chapter 44: Love Me
Chapter 45: Lux?
Chapter 46: What If
Chapter 47: Just Hug Me
Chapter 48: Pranks
Chapter 49: The Truth
Chapter 50: There, I said it
Chapter 51: Am I ready?
Chapter 53: Emma?!
Chapter 54: The Hormones Man
Chapter 55: My Vicky
Chapter 56: It's Feet
Chapter 57: Please Mom
Chapter 58: Ashton My Man
Chapter 59: Brazil?
Chapter 60: Swag
Chapter 61: Munchkin!
Chapter 62: Peppermint!?
Chapter 63: I'm So Done
Chapter 64: First Time Back
Chapter 65: Irish?
Chapter 66: Packing For Russia
Chapter 67: I Can't
Chapter 68: Bakery
Chapter 69: How Was It?
Chapter 70: My Baby
Chapter 71: Zayn...
Chapter 72: Aw Zayn
Chapter 73: Them
Chapter 74: On the Job
Chapter 75: The Hospital
Chapter 76: My Day
Chapter 77: What Happened
Chapter 78: Something's Wrong
Chapter 79: Sleep Baby Sleep
Chapter 80: Gender?
Chapter 81: I'm human
Chapter 82: Signing
Chapter 83: The Pain
Chapter 84: Alone
Chapter 85: She Has To
Chapter 86: Let's Do It
Chapter 87: What Do You Mean?
Chapter 88: First Time
Chapter 89: Emma!
Chapter 90: Mason!
Chapter 91: Call Me John
Chapter 92: Diary of an Orphan
Chapter 93: Court's Hearing
Chapter 94: One More Week
Chapter 95: Good Bye
Chapter 96: Not Your Fault
Chapter 97: Guess What
Chapter 98: Blue Eyes
Chapter 99: Didn't He Tell You?!
Chapter 100: DANI

Chapter 52: Gas Station

90 12 74
By OhMyGodItsLEX

After a while of sitting on the beach, Zayn had to bring it up again. I mean I really can't blame him, it's killing him. Were both slowly dying inside. I'm sure both of us didn't mean to get me knocked up but life is cruel.

Zayn sighs real loud, letting me go from the grip "Emma?"

I can feel the tears rallying up by the rims of my eye. My heart started pounding and my mouth turned dry. The felling was awful.

I cross my legs, inhaling sharply "Zayn I want you to think about this proposition I'm about to give you okay. And please don't interrupt me; let me finish saying what I need to say." He nods.

I close my eyes, just thinking about what I was going to say to him, killed my every being "I want you to have the option to um... I'm not having an abortion Zayn. That is not going to be a choice I'm going to endure. I understand were too young for this but I think it's just too immoral for me. Now, I may keep or may not keep this child. But if I do, I'm giving you the option of an outs. An outs to this relationship and outs to this responsibility. Just please think about it. I don't want to hold you back. Or maybe you can have an outs with me, and still somehow fit in with the child. I just don't want to ruin your life and I don't want you to hate me for it. Zayn, I'm giving you an outs, please take it." I can't believe he didn't say a word. Maybe he was going to take the outs.

Suddenly he starts sobbing "Emma, no. I will not take an outs, the outs you proposed. That was just stupid to ask of me; don't you know me at all? I LOVE YOU! I uh, I Adore you. I love you with every fiber in my being. And I will not leave you alone. I will be here for you and I will always be here with our child, no matter the outcome. I will be your rock, and you will be mine. You know it's not going to be easy but we have each other."

He took my breath away. I was completely lost in his words. Nothing mattered but us, that's the way he made me feel at that moment. I love him.

We go back to my house and sit with my parents and Natalie. Natalie was just mad as hell, I would think even madder than my mom but maybe it was just the lighting. And Zayn, he was just trembling under his breath. We both were.

My mom scoffs "Emma? You're not serious?" I sigh "I know you're an OB Doctor, and you would recommend an abortion but I'm not going to take your advice." She laughs "Emma. Are you insane? Just think about it. You are... the both of you are just too young to carry on this responsibility!" I scoff "Remember you guys would always tell us that nothing is an accident in life, that everything has a purpose. Well this child has a purpose, whether I want it to or not. Besides, you guys also taught me to never take the easy route, to always face my responsibility and the consequences. Look, I'm not sure yet, but adoption is what well both look into."

My mother sighs, my dad blows out his air with burden and Natalie is still mad as hell. Suddenly my mom stands up, walks towards me and leans to onto me, gripping me into a hug "I'm so sorry Emma." She sobs on my shoulder, telling me she only panicked because that was her immediate instinct, that she didn't mean to abandon me in such times and she was proud of me, facing the consequences.

Then my dad comes and pulls Zayn into our hug.

Then we leave and drive to his parent's house.

We arrive at night, feeling the cold breeze. We sit the family around the dinner table. I remember the first time I entered this palace. The reflection from the floor, a high spirited girl. In love with so many things, a girl in love with a boy. Now, the reflection see's a poor girl, with life being sucked out.

Zayn had to keep yelling to his father. He hated the idea of sticking with keeping the child. But at the end, he was at ease, knowing we might not keep the child.

At midnight, Zayn took me to the gas station. Apparently having the tank almost on half empty can ruin the car. I got off with him, looking at him delicately putting the pump inside the car. Just looking at him makes me fall in love over and over again. I can't explain the feeling. It's like I'm already head deep in love with Zayn but whenever I lay eyes on him, I just grow deeper in love. It's almost like falling all over again, except that I'm already in love.

Then he takes me inside the shop. He laughs "So, how's the pregnant cravings? I'm not really familiar with everything. Like are you going to wake me up in the middle of the night and make me buy you pickles or kumquats?" I roll my eyes "I don't know yet, but now I feel like slapping you." He laughs "You know I'm only messing with you right." I grin "you know I'm not right." His laugh is replaced with a serious scared face but then smirks. He holds my waist and kisses my cheek "feisty." I laugh "Thank you for cheering me up. I know how you feel. I love you." He smiles and walks over to the slushy machine "Cherry right?" I smile "You remember?!" he rolls his eyes "Emma, half of our dates ended up at the gas station and you asking for a cherry slushy." I scoff "Well, guess what smart ass, I don't want that." He smirks "Oh really?" I smirk "I want chips with a Blue Berry Slushy." He grins and gets himself a cherry slushy and me what I asked for.

We walk to the car and he drives to the beach parking lot. There he hands me my stuff. I open my Hot Cheetos bag and grab a chip. I want for him to turn to me. He looks at me carefully. I dip the chip inside the slushy. Then I eat it. He looks at me with disgust and horror "What does that taste like?" I smirk "Good." I dip another one and hand it to him. He doubtfully takes it and eats it.

I was kidding, it tasted nasty but to my surprise he loved it "You know what, it does taste good." I burst out in laughter "I was lying you dumb butt! It tasted horrible!" he clicks his tongue, throwing me napkins.

He takes me to his dorms. I sigh "Zayn! Won't you get in trouble?" he smirks "What more could I do? Your already knocked up." I grin, rolling my eyes and kissing his hand. His humor just amazes me. I know he doesn't say it to insult me but to lighten the tense mood. I know he's dying inside but god I love him.

We tip toe into his room, turning on the lamp. He sighs, throwing his coat on the chair "My roommate isn't here for tonight; you can sleep in my bed." I look around and remember Luke's bed. It's changed. It's no longer orange sheets and punk rock posters. Now it's blue sheets and clean walls.

I sit on his bed and slowly bend down to untie my shoes. Then Zayn kneels before me, holding my ankles "Here, let me. Don't hurt yourself." He unties my shoes, dropping them on the floor. Looking at him made me just want to cry. His actions were just beautiful. We are in love.

He turns off the lamp and crawls into his roommate's bed. I sigh, sitting up "Sleep with me please?" he chuckles "Hey now Emma, begging for me. Naughty, besides you have..." I grab a pillow and throw it to his face, shutting him up. He laughs, getting the pillow and crawling into bed, next to me. He holds my hand, putting his face in between my neck.

In the morning, Zayn quietly got up, changed for school. Quietly isn't the word, but he did try his best. Then he wrote me a note and placed it on the pillow next to me. I pretended I was asleep. When he left, I got up quickly and opened the card.

It was blank. I scoff then suddenly he storms into the room "I knew it! I knew you were awake." I giggle, slamming my body back to bed. He rushes to me, kneeling on the bed and bending towards my face "I love you Emma. Wait here for me; I'll be back in three hours. Love you." He kisses me and runs out of the room. 

The first hour I looked outside the window, watching all the guys act stupid. But then class started for all and I called the house. My dad picked up. I told him where I was. Then my dad passes the phone to my mom. She tells me we have to leave tomorrow morning.

The next hour I decided to clean up a bit, I know the room isn't really dirty but tidying up won't hurt.

As I cleaned, I came across a journal hidden away. I know I shouldn't read it but if it casually was knocked over and it opened to a page and my eyes carelessly read a few lines, I wouldn't exactly call it on purpose. I casually knock it over but it fell faced down. I sigh, knowing my plan failed. So I grabbed it and read it quickly "Natalie is hard to befriend. She is a great person but she's too hurt and I feel for her. If it were to me, I would ignore Nat but I love Emma too much." I close the book fast and held it towards my heart.

When Zayn came back, I sat by the window, smirking. He laughed "you cleaned up?" I smirked "You keep a journal?" he gasp, dropping his stuff on the floor "Did you read it?" I scoff "No! I saw it." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.7K 1K 82
Olivia Had A Normal Life. She Goes To High School, Plays Basketball, Has A Couple Friends But That Goes Down The Drain When She Starts Listening to M...
3.9K 105 71
Emma and Ella, twins, have made each other a promise when they were little. "You die, I die" Years passed and the girls have met the boys from 5sos. ...
5.3K 138 49
(5SOS/1D Fanfic) Every girl secretly or sometimes not so secretly wishes for a cliche romance. Whether it be a heartwarming first love or a dream wed...
755 30 25
It's 2050 and every country in the world has been taken over by terrorists. When Essie's twin brother Luke is taken away from her, she sets out on a...