Metamorphasis

By WhisperOfSouls

Lilly was considered the runt of her pack. Nobody saw her as anything more than the ugly duckling but she was... More

Prologue - The Event
Author's Note
Chapter 1 - Meeting Liz
Chapter 2 - My Alpha, My Mate, My Friend
Chapter 3 - The Oath
Chapter 4 - Surprise
Chapter 5 - New Discovery/My Leave
Chapter 6 - A True Vision
Chapter 7 - A secret
IMPORTANT - Update
Chapter 8 - A New Beginning
Chapter 9 - Confusion/Change
Chapter 10 - Dinner
Chapter 11 - Time Lapse
Chapter 12 - Broken
Chapter 13 - The Ride
Chapter 14 - Prep
Chapter 15 - Surprise Reunion
Chapter 16- Test
Chapter 17-Unknown
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 21-Part 2
Chapter 22
IMPORTANT UPDATE
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
CHAPTER 25
Chapter 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
SHORT MAIN CHARACTER BIOS
CHAPTER 32
NOT TO OFFEND ANY READERS
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34 PART 1
SIDE NOTE
CHAPTER 34 PART 2
CHAPTER 34 FINAL PART-PART 3
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
SHORT EXPLANATION/RE-CAP
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
IMPORTANT NOTICE
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
UPDATED CHARACTER BIOS!!!
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
HALLOWEEN SPECIAL
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
Chapter 68
QUESTION FOR MY READERS
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
PLEASE READ : Goodbye Kitty
CHAPTER 73 PART 1
CHAPTER 73 - PART 2
KEEP IN MIND - NON STORY RELATED ADVICE...But please read.
CHAPTER 74
CHAPTER 75
SURVEY QUESTION
SNEAK PEAK - GUESS WHO THIS IS
CHAPTER 76 - BETTER THAN ME
AUTHORS NOTE - SKIP IT/IGNORE IT IF YOU DONT LIKE IT
CHAPTER 77
CHAPTER 78 - CURTAIN CALL
CHAPTER 79 - The Mind Is The Worst Prison
CHAPTER 80 - The Struggle
CHAPTER 81 - "Hello, Mr. Stranger"
Chapter 82 - New Dawn
CHAPTER 83 - BRING IT ON
NOT AN UPDATE

CHAPTER 58

10.1K 249 15
By WhisperOfSouls

BACK IN MIDVALLEY PACK

*

*

*

*

*

Alpha of Midvalley Pack: Jaceson Maddoxs POV

She looked beautiful as the rays of sunshine filtered through the white puffy clouds that lazielly moved across the baby blue sky. She laughed as the sun hit her face as if it where the most wonderfull feeling in the world. I walked up to her and she looked at me but something was wrong. Even though her face and body displayed her joy her eyes were pools of darkness. They were bottomless and the only thing they showed was the inmense sadness within her.

Just as I was about to touch the face of the girl in my dreams the shrill ring of my phone woke me up. "I miss you so much." I whispered to myself in the empty room as I stared at the blank ceiling. RING! RING! RING! "God dam phone." I murmed as it rang again making me reach for it in the darkness. "Alpha Maddox here what is it." I hissed angrily. Sure I was being a tad bit disrespectful but come on who enjoys being woken up in the middle of the night.

"Alpha Alec Krieger of the Krieger..." I shot up and out of bed nearly dropping the phone. Alpha Krieger? I knew who he was every Alpha in the world must've known that name after all he had the strongest and biggest pack around but why was he calling me? "to wake you up this late at night but I've got some news I would like to share with you." He stated as I slowly brought the phone back to my ear. I'd missed a piece of the conversation but I got the gist of it.

"It is alright, Alpha Krieger, what is this news you wish to share with me?" I ask him and hear as he clears his throat. "Well it's more of a request you see my grandaughter is heading your way as we speak and I thought it would be better if you knew she was going to enter your territory." He added, "To avoid conflict or a missunderstanding." He said. "Grandaughter? I wasn't aware you had a grandaughter." I stated and heard as he chuckled. "I wasn't aware of the fact until she found us but that's another story."

If she was his grandaughter that meant Crimson had given them a descendent to carry the Krieger name but where was she? I asked myself. "I appreciate your notice and of course she has my permission to enter Midvalley territory without a problem. But how am I or my people going to recognize her?" I asked him and he took a deep pensive breath. "Her eyes are just like my daughters use to be an intense shade of violet with just a speck or two of emerald within them. She is enchanting." He said.

His description of her eyes reminded me of the girl from long ago..."Besides I don't think it'll be that hard. After all she did spend most of her youth with you. You know her as Lilly Riverdale." He marveled at me and I froze. "Lilly? Lilly Riverdale?" I asked him my mind somehow refusing to process the fact that the little girl I had given my guard Jared was a descendent of Alec Krieger. "Are you sure?" I asked him again but he only confirmed it.

If that was true that could only mean that the girl from long ago with those striking violet eyes that made me feel as if the world belonged only to the two of us was..."Crimson." I whispered. "What?" He asked me and I realized that I had said her name outloud. "Oh, nothing of importance. I will gladly receive her myself Alpha Krieger." I answered him truthfully because I would indeed be there to see her home myself.

"She is also bringing some friends, four guards, and a small child. All in total there's about a dozen wolves," Should I be worried about the Krieger pack attacking us? I doubt it or they would've sent several more troops and not just a dozen, "coming your way including my grandaughter. I would have preferred she'd stay here but she wanted to finish her schooling." He finished with a small laugh as if the thought amused him.

"That's perfectly fine. We have more than enough room to accommodate them." I told him thinking of housing them in my own home with my son. "That's all, thank you for your time Alpha Maddox." Said his goodbyes and I said mine before hanging up. I yawned as I wiped the sleep from my eyes and headed for the shower. It wasn't even dawn yet but I might as well get up since there was no sleeping now. I had to get things ready for Lillys return to her home pack.

She should've been my daughter not that horrible Shadow's Alphas but there was no changing that now. It didn't matter anyway, not anymore. When I got the news she had abandoned the pack I was devasted and extremely furious with myself. She was the daughter of my mate. My one true love who I was meant to be with but also the one that destiny cruelly took from my side before her time. I had avoided her mere presence as she was growing up and didn't dare look at her direction for fear that my own feelings would betray me.

But once her absence settled into my very heart I realized I should've been there for her more. Maybe then I would know why she chose to leave our pack. Rumors had reached me that she was a victim of bullying by several youth members of our pack. I was too late to stop them and since nobody came forward to take the blame the crime went unpunished. I had cancelled all gatherings, celebrations, or events for one whole year as punishment for all and mourning for the loss of a valued member.

It hadn't mattered that some where already underway or that many more where to come or even that the fact that everyone was pissed off at my decision. I didn't care I was hurting for Lilly because she had her mothers eyes and I was willing to bet that she was the mirror image of her mother. Luckily she hadn't resembled her despicable father and for that I was thankfull. I let all my clothes fall to the ground as the lukewarm water cascaded down my back.

My short black hair grew slick with moister as I lathered on some shampoo and rinsed before applying a small amount of conditioner. Soon the scent of the forest swirled around me reminding me of Crimson the girl I wished I met earlier in my life before I got married. My wife had died shortly after Lilly had arrived leaving me a widow and although I regeretted her death I didn't mourn her nearly as much as I had mourned Crimsons death.

She came mind every now and then but she was never as important to me as Crimson had been in mere moments. It sounded wrong of me and perhaps I shoudnt feel this way. After all she had given me my son, Jeremy, and for that I was extremelly happy. But my son didn't know the truth of his mothers death. Everyone including him thought she had died from a decease that our genes couldn't cure.

While she was sick it was not something we couldn't work out. It was not a decease of the body, it was a decease of the mind. A decease she hid very well indeed. In fact had we known how truelly sick she was I would've payed more attention and done everything in my power to help heal her. To help her beat it but I had no idea she was sick. I always thought she was just gloomy, stressed or perhaps angry but never did I imagine she suffered depression.

When I met her she was strict and somewhat cold so I didn't see anything wrong. Then after Jeremy was born things got weirder perhaps worse but I didn't notice. Then one day I found her next to a toddler Jeremy cold as ice. He was still asleep in her arms, her eyes were closed and for the first time I saw her in peace. I quickly rushed Jeremy out of the room and called for the medic but there was nothing we could do for her not anymore. It was just too late for her.

It was only then that the medic confessed that my wife had been struggling with post-partum depression and had thought she was doing alright. Apperantly she didn't think I needed to know that crucial piece of information about my luna. I swore her to secrecy and so the lie was born. I stepped out of the shower and walked into my room with a white towel wrapped around my waist. I had taken awhile in the shower and my whole body now resembled a dried up prune.

I quickly got dressed in some jeans, a tshirt and some work boots before heading down for an early breakfast. I poured myself some cereal with chocolate milk and ate it as quickly as possibly without choking. I was thrilled to know Lilly was coming back but I thought perhaps her return was best kept secret. I was done in just a couple of moments and layed down on the couch to wait for dawn before sending out a message not the attack the new comers.

I was more tired than I thought. My phone rang again and I jumped up surprised, "Hello?" I asked yawning and heard a soft voice on the other end. "Hello, Alpha Maddox, Its Lilly Riverdale. Do you remember me?" It was her I knew it. Maybe she had already arrived or maybe, "Alpha?" She asked me and brought me back to earth. "Yes, I remember you. How are you? I was just about to tell everyone that you're back." I answered her and heard her coughing.

"Dam it Nate! Stop it!" She yelled mid-laugh. "Sorry Alpha but my mate he's playfull. Don't tell anyone I'm back. I want it to be a surprise...for everyone including my parents. I would appreciate your discretion on the subject since I've decided to keep my identity a secret for now anyways. I would appreciate it if you just tell your people not to attack us." She told me and I heard a smack followed by more laughter.

"I do have a small child with me and if we feel threatened we will attack. I hope you understand." She added and for a moment I felt my chest swell with pride. It was a sign of character to protect and stand up for those who couldn't do it themselves. Also if she felt like she could take on my guards then she must have skills to back up her words. "That's no problem. I will let them know we have visiters so they won't attack you. Do you have a place to stay? If not you're more than welcome to stay with me." I told her and heard more swatting.

"No, thank you Alpha. I ... we really appreciate it but we already have a place and when we arrive I will welcome you into our home. We are at the cafe bordering Midvalley land so we shouldn't take long to arrive. You should expect a truck, a car and two motorcycles just so that you know that its us. We're traveling together so we shouldn't be hard to spot." She stated and I nodded. "Ok, I will keep an eye out. Let me know when you're here." I told her. "Will do Alpha. Thank you." And with that she hanged up and left me wondering about her.

Where would they be staying? When had she found her mate? Who was her mate? But most of all whose child did she have with her? Was the child hers? Was the child human or maybe one of us? I guessed I'd have to wait to find out. 'Everyone this is the Alpha speaking. We have visitors that will be arriving soon. Don't be alarmed they have my permission to enter Midvalley pack land. Do not attack I repeat DO NOT ATTACK. They will be arriving in a truck, a car and two motorcycles traveling close together. That's all. Thank you all for listening.' I finished the message to the pack by mindlink and got up for a drink from the fridge.

"Dad? Whose visiting?" I heard my son ask me from behind me as I got some cold coffee from inside the fridge. "Its priviledged information son." I told him and he raised an eyebrow. "Priviledged? I'm the future Alpha shouldn't I know things like this." He inquired and I nodded. "You should but you should also know when to have discreation." I added heading for my office to start of the day. I had to overlook the guards schedule, the births and deaths within the pack among other things.

It wasn't a walk in the park but a whole pack depended on my leadership and choices. Those were a lot of lives that I couldn't just avoid for my own pleasure. It was up to me to protect them. I heard rumbling outside just a few minutes later and looked out the window from my office to see that the small convoy had arrived next door. 'So they're the owners?' I asked my myself as I made my way around the desk and out the door to greet them. Apperantly I wasn't the only one since a lot of pack members where there openingly staring.

Some where watching through windows, others from there cars or just standing outside staring. I cleared my throat and everyone dispersed except for those still looking out from there window. The car and motorcycles filed into the triple indoor garage before lowering the doors and dissapearing from everyones view. I slowly made my way to the door and knocked....

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

Ok, here is Chapter 58. I hope you all enjoy it and keep reading my story. VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE, ADD TO YOUR LIBRARIES, AND Keep letting me know what you think so far. I know it needs editing but that won't be fixed soon at least not until I'm done. I was also wondering if perhaps you'd enjoy a short story about the life Crimson aka Lillys mom had during capture and leading to her death. It probably would be graphic and rated r so I'm not sure it would be a good idea but if I do make it. The reader would probably have to be subscribed to me in order to view it. Anyway thank you all for sticking around and I will be updating soon so stay tuned!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 34.7K 42
Rose was able to find a pack that wouldn't force her into marriage, The Red Wind pack, but it all went downhill one unfaithful day. The Luna of The R...
211K 7.6K 21
They say your mate is someone who is always supposed to be there for you. But, they never talk about what happens when your mate isn't there for you...
3.1M 79K 22
She's the runt, the outcast, the pack punching bag. All because she's different; a fox-in a pack of wolves. When an Alpha comes to evaluate the pack...
3.3K 71 18
A werewolf pack attacks a school, or so what it seems. Lilly was able to escape, somewhat. Aaron, the Alpha of the pack finds out that Lilly is his m...