How Did We Get Here // Luke H...

By OhMyGodItsLEX

A tragic story about a girl named Emma. She finds herself in a new country, half way across the world from he... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Class Clown
Chapter 2: The One With the Weird Name
Chapter 3: Ready?
Chapter 4: Pickup Line
Chapter 5: The Deadly Crisis
Chapter 6: Government Agent
Chapter 7: French Fries and Almonds
Chapter 8: Gus-Gus
Chapter 9: The Hemmo's
Chapter 10: Are you Crazy?
Chapter 11: My Eulogy
Chapter 12: Bonding Time
Chapter 13: Its Church
Chapter 14: Be Impulsive
Chapter 15: The Scenery
Chapter 16: Really, I Just Get This?
Chapter 17: Horrible night
Chapter 18: Super Natural Stuff?
Chapter 19: I Don't Understand
Chapter 20: Into Bones
Chapter 21: Gotta Booger
Chapter 22: Bloody Nose
Chapter 23: People Are Going To Flip
Chapter 24: Pink hair
Chapter 25: Whiskey
Chapter 26: I would
Chapter 27: Super Human
Chapter 28: Past Four Months
Chapter 29: Everything Changes
Chapter 30: Acting Weird
Chapter 31: Flashed Before My Eyes
Chapter 32: Mother STOP!
Chapter 33: Simple Hey?
Chapter 34: Australia
Chapter 35: Big Day
Chapter 36: Say Good Bye Emma
Chapter 38: Look at Us
Chapter 39: Wonders
Chapter 40: Karma
Chapter 41: Meeting Wilbert
Chapter 42: I Get It Sharron
Chapter 43: Starry Vs. Wilma
Chapter 44: Love Me
Chapter 45: Lux?
Chapter 46: What If
Chapter 47: Just Hug Me
Chapter 48: Pranks
Chapter 49: The Truth
Chapter 50: There, I said it
Chapter 51: Am I ready?
Chapter 52: Gas Station
Chapter 53: Emma?!
Chapter 54: The Hormones Man
Chapter 55: My Vicky
Chapter 56: It's Feet
Chapter 57: Please Mom
Chapter 58: Ashton My Man
Chapter 59: Brazil?
Chapter 60: Swag
Chapter 61: Munchkin!
Chapter 62: Peppermint!?
Chapter 63: I'm So Done
Chapter 64: First Time Back
Chapter 65: Irish?
Chapter 66: Packing For Russia
Chapter 67: I Can't
Chapter 68: Bakery
Chapter 69: How Was It?
Chapter 70: My Baby
Chapter 71: Zayn...
Chapter 72: Aw Zayn
Chapter 73: Them
Chapter 74: On the Job
Chapter 75: The Hospital
Chapter 76: My Day
Chapter 77: What Happened
Chapter 78: Something's Wrong
Chapter 79: Sleep Baby Sleep
Chapter 80: Gender?
Chapter 81: I'm human
Chapter 82: Signing
Chapter 83: The Pain
Chapter 84: Alone
Chapter 85: She Has To
Chapter 86: Let's Do It
Chapter 87: What Do You Mean?
Chapter 88: First Time
Chapter 89: Emma!
Chapter 90: Mason!
Chapter 91: Call Me John
Chapter 92: Diary of an Orphan
Chapter 93: Court's Hearing
Chapter 94: One More Week
Chapter 95: Good Bye
Chapter 96: Not Your Fault
Chapter 97: Guess What
Chapter 98: Blue Eyes
Chapter 99: Didn't He Tell You?!
Chapter 100: DANI

Chapter 37: That's Not Right

121 11 32
By OhMyGodItsLEX

He sat on my couch, looking at Vicky "You never told me you had a dog." I frown a bit, cuddling him "yes I did, remember you said you wanted a dog and I told you I have one." He chuckles "what I MEANT was; you never told me your dog was a bear." I roll my eyes "She's just big." Then my mom stumbles in the living room, keys in her hand "Mami, I'm taking grams back home. Oh hey Zayn." She pauses, looking back at us "Zayn?!" He stands up, chuckling "Hey Ms. Johnson. I came to visit Emma." She looked shocked, looking at him then at me. I sigh "He surprised me, I had no idea." She chuckles, rolling her eyes "Right, you had no idea, you guys practically share each other minds."

Then my Grandma walks into the living room too, she stops walking and checks out Zayn "Y Este?" I laugh "Nana, This is Zayn. My boyfriend." My Grandma's eyes brighten "Aye, Dios Santo. My girls do know how to pick guys. Good job Mami." I blush "Nana!" she laughs her head off, tugging my mother to the door "I'll be back honey."

When the door closes, Zayn turns to me, smirking "So, you know how to pick guys huh." I laugh "yeah, I've been told that." He tackles me down to the couch, tickling and kissing me. I groan "Zayn! Zayn! Stop please!" he laughs, sitting back up. He starts talking about asking his father for money so he could come and visit me. While he does, I just lay back, watching him profess his love for me. What guy travels across the world to visit his girlfriend; a guy in love. I sit up, take his face and shove mine in his.

As we kiss, my body and mind separate. All my energy accelerates. I love him, that's all I know. I stop, stand up "let's go to my room?" he blushes, smirking. I pull him up. I guide him towards the hall when I hear Vicky's steps following us. "Zayn go down the hall. First door to the left." He walks away and I bend towards Vicky "Hey girl. I'm going to need you to stay out here for the night okay." She sighs, and heads back to the living room.

If I think what I think is going to happen right now, it would be my very first time with Zayn, with anyone for that matter. I loved Niall but I didn't love him like I did with Zayn.

I walk into my room; Zayn is sitting on my bed, nervous "Are you sure?" I lock the door, and head towards him "I am, are you?" he swallows "Yeah, but I want you to be sure." I smile, sitting on top of him "I love you, I'm sure." He moves his face a bit "What about your mom?" I get off of him, heading towards my wardrobe "She's cool with it. She's a doctor. Of course though, she wants us to be safe." I grab the box, showing him "My mom gave it to me; she told me she wanted me to always be safe." I place them on the night stand. I sit next to Zayn, holding his hand "I'm ready. No pressure."

He smirks, suddenly he jumps on me, gently pins me down to the bed. As we kiss, something ignites in me, warmth. I wanted more of him; I wanted him to have more of me. He sighs "Is this your first time." I look up at him "Yeah... Yours?" He nods no "Perrie." I bite my lip, pushing him off of me "and the moment is ruined." He sighs "You asked!" I scoff "yeah, but I didn't ask for the name Zayn." He sighs, holding my hand "Sorry, I'm just nervous. It's a lot of responsibility for me." I coo him "Zayn, I love you."

After that, clothes flew all over the place, and once we were connected, I'm not going to lie; I was in so much pain until the end. But it was worth it. Knowing how I made Zayn feel about me, he kept telling me how much he loved me, it was all worth it.

When he was done, we fell asleep. Just as the pain started easing, I get the sudden urge to pee really badly. I tried holding it in but the urge was too great. I get up quickly, run into my restroom and pee only a little. I slip on my Pj's and grab a glass of water and pet Vicky. She was laying on her bed in the kitchen. Suddenly my mother walks in "You left Vicky out." I sigh "Yeah, I know. I'm sorry." She bites into an apple, reclines on the breakfast counter "I could hear you guys from up stairs." I blush real bad, looking back at Vicky. She chuckles "its fine Emma. I mean I don't want you having it but as long as you guys were safe, I have no problems." I don't say a thing, I keep looking at Vicky. She growls "You guys were safe right?!"I laugh, standing up "Of course we were!" she looks at me with doubt "But?" I sigh "Okay so it kinda hurt." She bites the apple again "Yeah, for some girls it happens but soon it won't" I sigh again "after, I have these sudden urges to go pee." My mom's eyes brighten, biting the apple flirty "wow, this Zayn guy really knows how to rock a boat." I groan "Ew, mom. And what does that mean?" she chuckles.

She pushes herself off the counter, getting cranberry juice and Advil "Drink two pills right now and tomorrow. Drink Cranberry juice instead of anything, all day. In 2-3 days you'll be fine." I sigh, gulping down the pills. She smirks "Thankful you have a mom as a doctor." I laugh "yeah, also for free internet access." She rolls her eyes, walking out of the kitchen "Whatever. Oh and tell Zayn he did a good job." I moan "MOM!?"

In the morning, my mom went to work and we stayed cooking. Zayn flipped a pancake when I got the urge to pee again "I gotta go!" I run down the hall to the bathroom. Zayn yells "You've been peeing since we woke up! You should stop drinking the cranberry juice." I yell back "If only you knew!" he yells back "Know what?!" I flushed the toilet, washed my hands and go back out. I wrap my arms around his torso "I'm peeing because of you?" he frowns "Is that a compliment or an insult?" I let go of him, leveling his vision "I asked my mom why I was peeing so much after sex and..." he cuts me off, his face is surprised and yelling "You told your mom!!??" I bite my lip "Well, she kind of heard us." Zayn closes his eyes shut. I laugh "its fine, she was okay." He looks down at me "Well, what did she say? Why are you peeing so much?" I smirk "Because you rocked my boat..." he laughs "Oh my god, Ms. Johnson." I die of laughter, watching Zayn blush and get all nervous.

After breakfast, we got ready and I took him to the beach here. He was truly amazed "Bikini's and tan people." I laugh "People actually get in the water all day long." He was just amazed watching all these people crawling the beach.

Later, I made him get in the water and I tried to teach him swimming lessons but we gave up once we saw a grown man get dragged by the wave and almost drowned. I buy him an ice cream cone "Emma, seriously, that could have been me." I roll my eyes "Zayn, you are super dramatic! Okay so what if that had been you, you would have been saved by the life guard." He scoffs "that's not the point, I could die!" I wrap my arm around his "trust me, just be thankful you didn't. It's a horrible place." He stops, getting my right hand and kissing the scars "sorry, I'm an idiot." I laugh "Yeah, I knew that." He rolls his eyes and I take him for the longest walk of his "life".

We had been walking for four hours "Emma, I'm tired!" I giggle "good to know. We're almost there." He scoffs "that's what you said three hours ago!" I turn back, laughing "And aren't we getting closer." He groans, dragging his feet. Suddenly he stops walking. I laugh "Zayn, I don't like quitters." He faces the street opposite from us. I look back and see what he's seeing "Zayn?" he points at them "What the...? Why?" I sigh, hugging him "they're all homeless. They gather here and wait for the shelter to open. Sometimes not everyone is so lucky for a spot so the rest step up tents here for the night." He chokes "that's not right! Someone should do something." I rub his back "We do, at my school we donate money for new shelters and they're building it right now but for now all we can do is pray for them."

I sigh, pulling him away. The next two blocks, he stays quite. We turn one more block and enter my Aunts yard. Zayn whispers "Who lives here!?" I smile "My mom's side of the family." As I knock on the door, it suddenly flies open, almost hitting me and a bunch of my younger cousins tackle me down. Then the rest of my cousin's, Uncles and Aunts rush out. One of them, Lorena yells "Sorry we haven't visit Mami, we had to work." I kiss her cheek "its okay Tia." Then my older cousin, Carlos scoffs "Who's this Fool?" I smile, walking to Zayn and hugging him "My boyfriend, Zayn. Zayn this is my family, family; Zayn." Zayn smiles "hello, pleasure to meet you." All my Aunts went wild, they loved his British accent. They were touching his chest and arms, flirting with him, feeding him stuff. I just sat, holding my baby cousin and watching him suffer. He would constantly mouth me to save him but I would raise the baby in the air and shrug.

Once I got my boyfriend to myself, Zayn went to play outside with the little ones while we cleaned up the kitchen. I was washing the plates "So does Juan still pass by and ask for help?" My Tia Rosa smiled "Si, actually he's coming by today around lunch. Carlos and Thalia where actually going with them." I jump up "Oh, okay. Zayn and I passed by and he was heartbroken, this would cheer him up. Can I take some of the kids?" they all seemed okay with the idea. Then my Aunt had to bring it up "So, what happened to Niall? He was a good guy." I sigh, smiling "Niall IS a good guy but things didn't work out. We just decided to be friends now. I Love Zayn guys." She rubs my back "Okay. Go gather the kids you're taking, so I could feed them something."

I walk over to Zayn, get my cousin off his back and they all ran away "hey, I want to take you somewhere, do you mind of some of my cousin's tag along?" He smiles "Not at all, I love your family. You have so many of them." I laugh "Zayn, this isn't even half of my family. And I still have my dad's side, though his side isn't big compared to my mom's" suddenly all six of my cousins approached us "Okay, Zayn, this is Carlos." I point over to him, long white shirt and lose pants. He licks his lips, tries to look bad ass "Sup fool." I roll my eyes "Carlos tries to act tough but he ain't." he rolls his eyes "Yeah, just cause I try to look like one don't mean I ain't tough." Zayn frowns "Look like what?" then Kate sneered "gang member." I sigh while laughing "Zayn, this is Kate, she's 8." Zayn smiles "Hey." She smiles "where's Niall?" Then Andre hits her arm "Shut up, stop being rude... Hey, I'm Andre. I'm 12" Zayn smirks. I then introduce him to the rest "that's Thalia, she's 19. And that's Vic, He's 9. And over here, this is David, He's 7."

Juan came for us in truck, Zayn and I we're stashed in the back with boxes and cases of water. Zayn sighs "What's with the obsession?" I laugh "We're giving them out by the homeless shelter." Zayn's eyes brighten "Really!?" I smile "Of course, I knew you would be uneasy about it so I thought you would like to help." He kisses me, telling me "I love you Emma." I giggle "I love you."

We spent two hours going down only two blocks giving food and water away. I hovered over Andre while Zayn tried bonding with Kate. And she did, she loved him afterwards. Even Carlos admitted he was cool. My Aunt Janet took us home, took us thirty minutes but we made it. My mom was already cooking dinner when we entered. She yelled "Zayn! I hope you like lasagna." Zayn yelled back "I love it!" I turn back to him, frowning "But you hate it?" He chuckles "I will learn to love okay, its fine."

We walk into the kitchen and watch her take pizza out of the oven. I sigh "you're not funny." She smirks "I know." We sit down and my mother gives grace. Zayn chuckles "now I know where you get it from, your mom doesn't say Amen either." She giggles "Yeah, anyways. How have you been Emma? Is you bladder tired from yesterday night." Both Zayn and I choke on our pizza "Mother!" she rolls her eyes "I just need you guys to know, Always be safe. That's all I'm asking okay." Zayn and I awkwardly smile and eat in silence for the rest of the night, hearing my mother talk about child birth.

During the night, Zayn and I try again, and this time, it was better, not 100% but it was better. Our bodies became one; the spiritual level I felt was indescribable. His warm touch against my body, everything was perfect. We talked after, talked about many things. Our future together, the homeless shelter, Vicky.

The next morning, we tried to Skype our friends but I kept running to the bathroom. Zayn was talking with Michael when I decided to slip out of the room and call my mom's cell. She answers by the third ring

"Emma? Is everything okay?"

"Mom! NO! Every 5 seconds I go back to the restroom."

She sighs "did you guys do it again?"

I slowly respond back "yes?"

"Emma, when I told you that in 2-3 days you'll be fine, I meant don't have sex in 2-3 days!"

"Well, how was I suppose to know that, you're the doctor?"

"Okay, Zayn leaves tonight right?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Okay, well two hours before his flight leaves, come to the hospital, I'll give you antibiotics and then we'll take him to the airport okay."

"Okay, see you soon."

I go back to the room and try to see them but I end up sitting on the toilet. After 10 minutes, Zayn walks in "I have a feeling last night may have made it worse." I groan "You think." He sighs, sits down by the shower, resting his back. We talk for hours; he even leaves and gets us something to snack on. It was a little weird but it seemed right, we we're perfect.

At five we catch a taxi and leave to the hospital. When he dropped us off, I ran to the restroom and cried because I peed a drop. All my mom's friends and nurses looked at me flirty, telling me I know how to pick a guy.

My mom clocks off, takes us and by an hour, we arrive at the airport. I hold his hand while we search for his airline. I didn't want him to go, but I was grateful I got to spend time with him and grateful I have a boyfriend as great as him.

He cups my cheeks, looking straight into my eyes "We're going to Skype every Friday, Saturday and Sunday okay. I'll be waiting for your call. I love you okay. Oh baby, Can't wait for Winter break." I kiss him "Do good in school, look after Natalie for me please." He smiles. He walks off and disappears in the crowd. I turn back to my mom "He's fine. He's a good boy." I roll my eyes and hug her. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 19 26
A story of a girl name Emma with her best friend Luke yet she falls so in love with him but a tour keeps them a part and the promise he kept was soon...
755 30 25
It's 2050 and every country in the world has been taken over by terrorists. When Essie's twin brother Luke is taken away from her, she sets out on a...
3.5K 157 16
What happens when the bully falls in love with the girl? And what will happen when the girl falls in love with the bully? Will they confess their lov...
45.7K 1K 82
Olivia Had A Normal Life. She Goes To High School, Plays Basketball, Has A Couple Friends But That Goes Down The Drain When She Starts Listening to M...