How Did We Get Here // Luke H...

By OhMyGodItsLEX

A tragic story about a girl named Emma. She finds herself in a new country, half way across the world from he... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Class Clown
Chapter 2: The One With the Weird Name
Chapter 3: Ready?
Chapter 4: Pickup Line
Chapter 5: The Deadly Crisis
Chapter 6: Government Agent
Chapter 7: French Fries and Almonds
Chapter 8: Gus-Gus
Chapter 9: The Hemmo's
Chapter 11: My Eulogy
Chapter 12: Bonding Time
Chapter 13: Its Church
Chapter 14: Be Impulsive
Chapter 15: The Scenery
Chapter 16: Really, I Just Get This?
Chapter 17: Horrible night
Chapter 18: Super Natural Stuff?
Chapter 19: I Don't Understand
Chapter 20: Into Bones
Chapter 21: Gotta Booger
Chapter 22: Bloody Nose
Chapter 23: People Are Going To Flip
Chapter 24: Pink hair
Chapter 25: Whiskey
Chapter 26: I would
Chapter 27: Super Human
Chapter 28: Past Four Months
Chapter 29: Everything Changes
Chapter 30: Acting Weird
Chapter 31: Flashed Before My Eyes
Chapter 32: Mother STOP!
Chapter 33: Simple Hey?
Chapter 34: Australia
Chapter 35: Big Day
Chapter 36: Say Good Bye Emma
Chapter 37: That's Not Right
Chapter 38: Look at Us
Chapter 39: Wonders
Chapter 40: Karma
Chapter 41: Meeting Wilbert
Chapter 42: I Get It Sharron
Chapter 43: Starry Vs. Wilma
Chapter 44: Love Me
Chapter 45: Lux?
Chapter 46: What If
Chapter 47: Just Hug Me
Chapter 48: Pranks
Chapter 49: The Truth
Chapter 50: There, I said it
Chapter 51: Am I ready?
Chapter 52: Gas Station
Chapter 53: Emma?!
Chapter 54: The Hormones Man
Chapter 55: My Vicky
Chapter 56: It's Feet
Chapter 57: Please Mom
Chapter 58: Ashton My Man
Chapter 59: Brazil?
Chapter 60: Swag
Chapter 61: Munchkin!
Chapter 62: Peppermint!?
Chapter 63: I'm So Done
Chapter 64: First Time Back
Chapter 65: Irish?
Chapter 66: Packing For Russia
Chapter 67: I Can't
Chapter 68: Bakery
Chapter 69: How Was It?
Chapter 70: My Baby
Chapter 71: Zayn...
Chapter 72: Aw Zayn
Chapter 73: Them
Chapter 74: On the Job
Chapter 75: The Hospital
Chapter 76: My Day
Chapter 77: What Happened
Chapter 78: Something's Wrong
Chapter 79: Sleep Baby Sleep
Chapter 80: Gender?
Chapter 81: I'm human
Chapter 82: Signing
Chapter 83: The Pain
Chapter 84: Alone
Chapter 85: She Has To
Chapter 86: Let's Do It
Chapter 87: What Do You Mean?
Chapter 88: First Time
Chapter 89: Emma!
Chapter 90: Mason!
Chapter 91: Call Me John
Chapter 92: Diary of an Orphan
Chapter 93: Court's Hearing
Chapter 94: One More Week
Chapter 95: Good Bye
Chapter 96: Not Your Fault
Chapter 97: Guess What
Chapter 98: Blue Eyes
Chapter 99: Didn't He Tell You?!
Chapter 100: DANI

Chapter 10: Are you Crazy?

167 18 3
By OhMyGodItsLEX

How stupid could I be, I didn't know him, I couldn't possibly be jealous and mad. But the thing was, I was jealous and mad he had a girlfriend. I wasn't mad at the part where he kissed me, knowing he had a girlfriend but I would never be able to touch his lips. Bursting my thoughts, Ashton mocked "Yeah, she's worried." Zayn, avoiding my gaze, sneered "So, I don't care." Arlene scoffed "She obviously thinks nothing will happen, in her mind you guys are still on." Zayn raised his voice a little louder "I said I don't give a crap." Louis rolled his eyes "You guys always do this. Watch by the end of this week, your little greasy hands will be all over her." Zayn slammed his hand down on the counter "This time is not like the others." Arlene scoffed "God that's what you always say, what sis she do this time Zayn?" Zayn scoffed "Clearly I can't find any personal space here. I'm out." He headed towards the door, pushing it open with a hard force then slamming it shut.

We all stood in silence, hearing Zayn pull out of the lot. Ashton then went through the bags "Who wants his food?" Louis yelled "I call half dibs." I scoff "Dork." He rolls his eyes and walks over to the counter where Ashton was taking the food out of the brown bags. Luke headed out a door, and then came back with four stools. Ashton mocked "Idiot, make the math, there's five of us." Luke rolled his eyes "I'm sitting on the counter dumbass." Ashton blushes in embarrassment. Luke stations the stool near the round table. Arlene sat next to Ashton, opposite from me and Louis sat next to me. Luke sat between Ashton and me, sitting on the counter alone. They grabbed their burger, unwrapped it and started to eat. I yell "Grace!" they look at one another and smile. Arlene sneered "Oh, you're not kidding." She grins and places her food on the table. Ashton quickly made his point "I don't hold hands, especially not Arlene's." She flips him off "Yeah, I don't hold hands with animals that carry diseases."

I laugh "I say grace, just bow your head." I was raised to always give thanks for having what's before me, some people find it weird but I never cared. I said "lord, thank you for the food you have provided." I then lift my head and everyone slowly raised their heads, making sure grace was over. Ashton asked "That's all?" I responded "You can add more, but that's all I was thankful for the moment." Ashton nodded and bit into his burger. Louis then dumped a bunch of ketchup packets next my burger saying "I didn't know if you eat ketchup but we know that Americans are all addicts to it." I laugh saying "I don't eat ketchup like you think; I eat it in certain things." Arlene cleared her throat "You know its weird having an American friend." Ashton looked at her "She isn't your friend." Arlene sneered.

As the minutes passed, we talked about the scavenger hunt. Luke explained to them all the wild things that happened, including how I got drugged. Ashton couldn't shut up, he kept laughing. Then Arlene told us about the lame night they spent at McDonalds trying to fake a crisis but they had to retake because Ashton kept laughing, but once they nailed it, no one bothered to pay attention to them so they gave up and moved onto the next item. They couldn't get a homeless to take off their clothes so Arlene made Ashton take off his saying he dressed like a 'hoe-bow'. By the time they reached the hospital, they got kick out because of Ashton's behavior. They did manage to get a dog off the streets and managed to steal the swim wear but somehow the dog ran away, they chased after him but gave up and walked back to the lake house, knowing they lost but they actually didn't. She finished storytelling, then we were about to have a mini food fight but Luke stopped us saying we couldn't trash his mums place. Once I had food in my system, I didn't feel 'high' anymore.

Louis sighed "we should get going, I'm pretty tired myself." I sighed and added "I feel dead. Feel like a zombie." Louis grinned "Both you and Luke look and smell like one." I insultingly scoff "Where's the restroom?" Luke jumped off the counter "Come I'll show you." I follow Luke through a door and enter the restaurant out front. A classy formal restaurant. I'm amazed at the place "Wow, nice." Luke smiled "Yeah, my mum puts a lot of hours into this." I twirl a little, noticing a chandelier hanging on the ceiling. Then Luke pointing at the sign "There's the girls' restroom." I smile "Thanks." I enter and immediately I noticed how horrible I looked. I couldn't believe Zayn kissed me, looking like this. God Zayn, I couldn't manage not to think about him but it was inevitable. I quickly rinse my face and tie my hair into a pony tail. I looked at by body, the swim suit exposing my figure. I moved the cardigan and wrapped it around my body.

I walked out and as I saw Luke I remembered I didn't pee. I shyly laugh "Um, I forgot to pee." Luke laughed loud and unevenly "How? How do you? Do you forget to? Forget to pee?"I blushed and went back. Once I finished, I wanted to avoid Luke but eventually I had to confront him. As I exit, I see his face lit up "wow, that drug really did a number on you huh." I laughed "I'm never going to forget this night." He smirked "don't mean to pry but what made you come tonight, I mean, even become friends with my brother and his annoying lover." I laughed "Annoying lover?" he smiles "Me and Arlene bet that there's like a gay spark between them." I cover my mouth before I laugh loudly. I could feel my eyes water and face burn. He smirks "I love your laugh; it's so, so lovely." He reaches out and puts a strand of hair behind my ear. His body was so close to mine, I could feel the goose bumps run down my spine. I move away a little "I don't know why, but suddenly Louis and Ashton became my friends, it seemed so natural with us. And then Arlene is cool you know, and you and Zayn. I'm just glad I accepted friendship with the idiots, I need something uplifting in my life." He reclined against and table, crossing his arms "Uplifting?" I sighed "It's a long story. Besides we should go before Ashton burns the building to the ground." He smiled down to the ground saying "That dumbass."

We return back, Arlene was sitting on the counter, sipping on her drink looking at Louis and Ashton wrestling on the floor. Soon as Arlene saw us she yelled "These dumbasses." I laughed and headed towards her. I recline my back against the counter and watch Luke jump in on the action. She whispered "shacking up?" I turned to her "what?" she smirked "You and Luke. Took a long time. Trust if not these idiots would keep their hands off themselves." I laughed quietly "No, there's nothing." If she only knew it was Zayn. She asked "No action?" I nod no and she yelled, clapping her hands "Alright future low life's, let's go." Luke yelled "Looks whose talking." She sneered. Louis gets up and yelled "Bitches! Look what you guys did to my hair!" Ashton laughed "Louis your hair is horrible no matter what style you have it." Louis flipped him off. Ashton groans as he pushes himself off the floor.

Luke smiles "Emma! Help!" he wiggles his fingers in the air and I head towards him, reaching out for his hands but when our hands grip, he pulls me down with him, tickling me. I punch him, and let loose of his grip. I start to laugh slowly, holding my rib cage. I scoffed "I don't have the energy to laugh Luke." He giggles and gets up from the floor. Then I see Arlene mouth "shacking." I nod no and lift myself up from the floor.

Luke sighs "Alright looks clean. Let's go." As soon as Louis opened the door, we saw snow falling and then the sudden cold breeze hit us, making us shiver. Louis quickly closes the door saying "Shit! It's freezing." I slowly said "It's beautiful." I reach out, pushing the door open and stepping outside into the falling snow. Ashton yelled "You're fucking crazy Emma! Get in before you die."I ignored Ashton and walked further out, expanding my arms out and feel the snow tickling down my body. I ignored the sharp pain of the cold. Then from behind me, Luke hovers over me, protecting me from the snow, pushing his weight onto me. His arms extended out to my side, his chin rested on my head. He said "Never seen the snow?" I softly whisper "Never... doesn't it look beautiful?" he chuckled "Yeah it does."

Then Ashton ruins the moment "Hurry up, get in the fucking car." And the car honks. We detach and run towards the car. Luke opens the door and I slide in first. Then Luke sits next to me, closing the door behind him. Arlene sitting next to me, arms me, lifting her eye brows up. I roll my eyes and rub my palms against each other. Louis smirks "You could watch the snow in snow gear, but in that, you'll die." I laughed "I've never seen snow Louis, give me a break." Then Ashton turns on the radio, and the rest of the car ride was silent. I started to feel sleepy and reclined against Luke's arm.

Louis pulls up to a small two story building. Ashton smiles "Later and I'll tell mom you said hi." Luke smirks "Bye and thanks man, tell her I miss her and love her." Ashton laughed "dude you text her that every god damn day, I think shell know." Luke blushed "dude, really, didn't need to proclaim that." Ashton giggled more "you were fucking telling me to tell mom you love her." Luke yelled "Get the fuck out Ashton." Ashton scoffs "Love you too." Ashton gets out, waving bye and entering the house. I quietly ask "You don't live with them?" Arlene scoffed "no this dumbass and Zayn got shipped to boarding school. They basically live there." I nod "Oh cool."

We drove next to a gated fence; the sign read "University of Thompson". Then I quickly remembered that I left my belongings in Zayn's car. Not wanting to ask, I cleared my throat "Hey, do you mind telling Zayn if I could grab my bag from his car?" Luke smiled "Yeah, sure, come with me." then Louis yelled "Are you crazy, they see her and both of you will be punished." Luke laughed "Its night time officer." Luke got off, reaching out for my hand to pull me out. I asked "Are you sure? I don't want to get you in trouble." Luke reached further in and pulled me out saying "I'm positive." Louis yelled "Dumbass!"

Luke quickly pulled me across the lawn and into a building. Luke whispered "If you hear anything, run like hell." I tug on the back of his shirt and we quietly move along the halls. We climbed three flights of stairs and reached a long hall. Luke whispered "Sorry for the mess." I smile and quietly tip toe through the halls. Suddenly a voice from a closed door sounds "Luke?" then Luke opens a door and pushing me inside, I tumble down on the floor and Luke closes the door. Then a raspy voice said "Emma?" I look up at a sleepy Zayn, rubbing his eyes. He's probably not sure if it's me in his room. Then we heard Luke say "Professor Dame." Then Zayn sits up "Under the bed." He lifts his sheets and I roll underneath. Then the door opens, the light quickly reaching the room. A old voice said "Okay, but next time don't come home so late." Then the light disappears and the sound of the door clicking.

Luke whispered "Emma?" I roll out under Zayn's bed and sigh "I should have stayed waiting in the car." Then Zayn asked the same question is was thinking "Why is Emma here?" Luke scoffed "Your dumbass took off with her stuff. She needs it back." Zayn groans and jumps off the bed. He reached over the desk, grabbing his keys saying "Come on." I lift myself up from the ground and wave "Bye Luke, see you later." He reaches out and hugs me. I pull away and wave bye, following Zayn out the door. We quietly make our way through the hall, and quickly run down the stairs. We exit the building and run around the building. I stop to think, it's not snowing anymore, but the ground is still slippery. When I see the lot of cars, we run to Zayn's white Honda. Zayn unlocks the car, reaches inside and pulls out my beach bag. He slams the door shut and locks it.

He hands me the bag saying "Emma I..." I reach for my bag, and cut him off saying "Zayn its fine, it was an emotional moment, besides I was high." Zayn rubs the back of his neck "Well I wasn't high and yeah that moment was emotional but I don't regret it." I feel my heart drop. I sigh "Zayn you have..." he cuts me off saying "She cheated on me, she isn't my girlfriend anymore."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108 9 3
a short story which layla is betrayed by her best friend and harry tries to help her.
723 58 40
Sequel to Forgotten "I try to convince myself I no longer care about you but, I always find myself thinking about you. But like why do you care" I sa...
755 30 25
It's 2050 and every country in the world has been taken over by terrorists. When Essie's twin brother Luke is taken away from her, she sets out on a...
5.3K 138 49
(5SOS/1D Fanfic) Every girl secretly or sometimes not so secretly wishes for a cliche romance. Whether it be a heartwarming first love or a dream wed...