The Water Princess: Ëthia

JaronRose

"Go Ëthia! Get out of here!" He yelled at me. I quickly looked around to see if there was anything that could... Еще

Ëthia: Prologue
Ëthia: Chapter 1 ~The Truth~
Ëthia: Chapter 2 ~ True Colors~
Ëthia: Chapter 3 ~ It's a Fight You'll Get~
Ëthia: Chapter 4 ~ On the Right Path~
Ëthia: Chapter 5 ~ A Pursuit For Ëthia~
Ëthia: Chapter 6 ~Felicity~
Ëthia: Chapter 8 ~You Don't Own Me~
Ëthia: Chapter 9 ~Don't Look Back~
Ëthia: Chapter 10 ~ A Lie Does Wonders~
Ëthia: Chapter 11 ~ The Royal Glowing Eyes~
Ëthia: Chapter 12 ~Promises~
Ëthia: Chapter 13 ~A Lesson to be Learned~
Ëthia: Chapter 14 ~ A Drop of History~
Ëthia: Chapter 15 ~ A Risk Worth Taking?~
Ëthia: Chapter 16 ~ A Different Situation~
Ëthia: Chapter 17 ~Believe~
Ëthia: Chapter 18 ~Truly Abandoned~
Ëthia: Chapter 19 ~ We've All Lost Something~
Ëthia: Chapter 20 ~Hold On~
Ëthia: Chapter 21 ~ A Change ~
Ëthia: Chapter 22 ~The Water Princess~
Ëthia: Chapter 23 ~Open Your Eyes~
Ëthia: Chapter 24 ~We Got This~
Ëthia: Chapter 25 ~Her Last Breath~
Ëthia: Chapter 26 ~What's the Plan?~
Ethia: Chapter 27 ~Everything is for Love~
Ëthia: Chapter 28 ~Seviah~
Ëthia: Chapter 29 ~Your Chance~
Ëthia: Chapter 30 ~Prisoners~
Ëthia: Chapter 31 ~Permanently~
Ëthia: Chapter 32 ~One. Two. Three.~
Ëthia: Chapter 33 ~Disappeared~
Ëthia: Chapter 34 ~Somehow~
Ëthia: Chapter 35 ~My Own Answers~
Ëthia: Chapter 36 ~Canons~
Ëthia: Chapter 37 ~Familiar~
Ëthia: Chapter 38 ~Snaps~
Ëthia: Chapter 39 ~Best Wishes~
Ëthia: Chapter 40 ~Bear Village~
Ëthia: Chapter 41 ~Home~
Ëthia: Chapter 42 ~Fall, Winter, Spring~
Ëthia: Chapter 43 ~My Queen~
Ëthia: Chapter 44 ~The Last Night~
Ëthia: Chapter 45 ~Stranger~
Ëthia: Chapter 46 ~Prophesied~

Ëthia: Chapter 7 ~ A New Friend~

81 5 9
JaronRose

** I imagine the Air Realm palace to look like this. Very Celestial. Although the scenery would be different. Imagine instead Tall trees every where, rivers running through, people everywhere, something like that**

Felicity was in a cream colored gown, it was loose fitting and had a gold band around her waist. Her silver crown was in the style of vines and the sandals she wore were silver as well.

Felicity reflected on the events that had just occurred in the throne room, she walked quickly and swiftly through the gorgeous marbled hallways to find herself at the back grove.

The back grove consisted of many weeping willow trees that would sway their longs weeping branches back and forth. Some of the leaves were green, others gold, and some a reddish color.

Felicity's dress and hair kept blowing all around as the wind started to pick up, she walked straight into the grove of trees and found the spot she was looking for.

She looked up into the tall weeping trees and saw a little hut that rested in the trees, it was a ways up. She looked around her to make sure no one had followed and she started to airbend.

Slowly she started to ascend into the air, she loved the feeling of just having the wind run across her face and have the world below her get smaller as she got further away from it. She continued to look up at the tree tops and finally found herself level with the little hut that was there in the trees.

She landed on the little porch the was attached to the hut and looked at all the wonderful trees that were surrounding her, she then turned and opened the door to this little greenish hut and went inside.

It was just a one room little hut, a chair sat in the corner and little table as well. A little circle hole in the wall served as a window that had a golden piece of cloth that acted as a curtain.

Felicity went and stood by the window and just looked out of it, not at anything certain, but just looked out.

The events of the throne room still were buzzing in her head, 'What an interesting girl that was' Felicity thought to herself, 'I must see her again, She knows more to this than I do, I'm sure of it'. Felicity continued to think about Ëthia and Jarom and their strange time showing up, she wondered what her father really had in mind, 'He wouldn't just let them stay because she's royalty, I know my father, he is up to something'.

Felicity then went and sat in the chair, she started to braid her long red hair, and crossed her legs. "I must speak to this girl" Felicity told herself out loud.

A few moments passed and Felicity had finished braiding her hair, she sat their in the room and watched the golden piece of cloth on the window get blown back and forth.

"You always did have a way of making a mess and then running away" A voice said.

Felicity wasn't surprised to find who it was, "Well someone has too" She replied.

Her oldest brother walked forward and stood right in front of her, "What's wrong with you?" he questioned, "How dare you embarrass Father and I like that, in front of all those people?"

Felicity didn't answer, she simply played with her hair and looked away from him.

"I don't know what father is going to do to you, but I hope he marks up that face of yours" Her brother commented.

Felicity looked up at him, "Why is it that you hate me so much? What have I ever done to you?"

Her brother looked her straight in the eye, "You were born, that's what".

Felicity took no offense to what he said, she had heard it all before many times, "So you don't really have a reason for hating me, you just would of preferred another brother".

He looked away from Felicity, "I don't care what you want to do with your life, but don't spend it demeaning Father and I".

"You already do that yourselves" Felicity replied.

The brother turned around and hit her across the face causing Felicity to fall out of her chair, "When I am King I plan to get rid of you, that's the first thing I'll do. I'll make sure no one ever see's your worthless face again"

Her brother left the little hut and jumped down airbending to a gentle landing and leaving.

Felicity sat there on the ground for while, not stunned at what happened, but stunned at how used to it she was.

Getting off the ground she had a tear escape from her eye, 'No Felicity, we don't show tears, not for them we don't' she told herself.

Felicity walked over to the door and looked down, "One part of me says to jump and just let myself hit the ground" She told herself, "But the other part knows that isn't how things get done".

Felicity took a deep breath, faced her back to the edge of the porch, and let herself glide down like a falling leaf, 'being an airbender does have it's benefits' she thought to herself.

When she gently got to the bottom she was still on her back, the grass was soft and she just laid in it for a while.

Looking up into the sky she realized it was still only morning, "Wow, I've got way too much time on my hands" she admitted to herself.

Felicity got up and headed in the direction of where Ëthia and Jarom were, She tried to be as discreet as possible when walking through the hallways and passed people, but it was hard to do considering the current commotion she had caused not too long ago.

Finally finding the spiral staircase that led up to the floor where Ëthia and Jarom were, Felicity began to ascend it, then she was stopped.

"Come here now" Her father voice spake.

Taking a silent deep breathe Felicity turned around.

There he was, her father, standing there as if every little mistake, every little worry, and every little piece of disgust stood in front of him.

Felicity walked forward to him and was in no rush.

"Quickly" He commanded.

Felicity hesitated but picked up her pace.

Finally standing in front of him he got a good look at her face, "Who hit you?" He asked.

"Fulton" Felicity said.

"Good, it means he is learning to be a man. Your brother is a quick learner" Her father added, "But don't think that get's you anywhere off the hook".

Felicity looked up at him, "Father, you don't have to do this" She told him

"I do. You need to learn your place" He paused for a brief moment, "Do you ever see your mother argue with what I say?"

Felicity didn't say anything.

"I asked you a question!" He yelled.

"No" Felicity said.

"No? No what?" Her father asked.

"No, I do not see her argue with you" Felicity admitted.

He looked at her closely, "What makes you think you can do that to me, disrespect me, try and humiliate me like that".

Felicity's passionate side kicked in and she couldn't help herself, "Father, she is just a girl, she was explaining her situation to us, you didn't have to have the guards abuse her like that". Felicity protested.

Felicity's father grabbed her by the shoulders and pinned her to the wall, "Just a girl? that's your excuse? Is that why you act so stupid and immature, because you think being a girl is a good excuse?"

Felicity had a tear escape her eye again, she turned her head away from her father so he wouldn't be so close.

"Answer me!" Her father yelled louder.

"No" Felicity said in a shaky voice.

"I swear, it's as if you're a child from the devil himself." Her father spoke, "Sometimes, I wonder how you look so different from the rest of us. I'm sure your mother slept with another man, because none of my other children act like you, or look like you".

Her father finally let go of her and she quickly wiped her tears away.

"Come with me now" Her father instructed.

Her father began to walk in the opposite direction of the staircase.

Felicity honestly had no clue where he was going to take her, normally he would just hit her and that would be it.

Soon she found her father leading her down the stairs into a lower part of the palace, a place in which she hadn't gone before, not this part anyway, and kept going deeper and deeper.

"Where are we going?" Felicity asked

Her father stopped and glared at her.

Felicity didn't ask again.

Her father kept taking all these turns and opening all these doors, 'how does anyone remember all this' Felicity thought to herself.

Finally he opened one last door.

The room in which they entered was incredibly dark.

Her father lit a torch and it lit up the room.

The room was entirely made of dark stones and all that was in the room was a wooden table.

Felicity noticed that there was a hand paddle with holes in it on the table.

Felicity turned around and was about to run out when two guards had appeared out of nowhere.

"I knew you'd try and run out" Her father prided in himself for knowing, "Now come here"

Tears started escaping from Felicity and her father smiled.

"Hands out" He commanded Felicity.

Felicity knew there was no escaping this, she stuck her hands out.

Her father picked up the wooden paddle with holes in it and raised it above her hands, "Maybe you'll finally learn your place, daughter".

He swung down with great force and heard a hard slap.

Felicity screamed out in pain and pulled her hands back.

"Put your hands back, this is nowhere close to being over" Her father said with a grin on his face.

Felicity wouldn't do it, she couldn't.

Her father signaled to the guards and they held her arms straight out for her.

Again and again her father would swing at her hands with great force.

Tears and screams came from Felicity, now she knew why her father had chosen this room, a room in which no one could hear the torment that she was being put through.

With every swing her hands became redder, and with every swing her hands became number.

Finally he put the paddle down.

The guards let go of her arms and stepped back.

Felicity looked away from her father.

"Look at me" he commanded once again.

Felicity wouldn't.

"Look at me!" He yelled.

Slowly she met his gaze.

He just looked at her, amused at the pain he had caused, proud of the torment she was put through. He looked at her eyes, which were red from all the crying, his well poised daughter was now beaten, broken, weak.

Nothing was said between them, silence filled the room.

Felicity's hands twitched, a shot of pain shot through her, she gasped.

Her father smiled, "Looks like your hands are able to feel again. Shall we?"

Felicity looked at her father with horror.

The guards once again grabbed her arms and forced them out.

Her father's face was only full of joy and amusement, "Something tells me I won't have to be worrying about you speaking out again".

Again the paddle was raised above her hands, and slapped down on them.

Screams and tears once again came pouring from Felicity.

Her father enjoyed it. The guards didn't care. And Felicity felt it.

Over and over again the paddle fell on her hands, her father wasn't letting up, she felt like with every strike her father tried to hit her hands harder and harder.

Shocks of pain went throughout her body, soon she was shaking from the pain, "Please, stop" Felicity would beg over and over again. "Please, Let me go" She pleaded with the guards.

"You'll remember this next time you want to speak out, I promise" Her father spoke.

Finally her father came to an end with his madness. The guards again let go of Felicity and she fell to the ground.

Her father knelt down and lifted her chin up, "If you ever speak out of line again, these hands will be gone. Are we clear?".

Felicity nodded her head, defeated.

Her father stood back up, blew out the torch, and left with the guards.

The door was wide open, an echo came from the staircase, "Please, Join us when you feel better" Her father spoke from above.

Felicity sat there in the dark on the cold hard ground, her hands were throbbing with pain. She knew by evening they would be black and blue and extremely swollen.

'I should of just fell from the trees and ended it there' she thought to herself.

Her father eventually came up from the staircase and put the torch on the wall, He walked around the corner and attended the rest of his duties.

The guards followed not far behind him and turned the corner to catch up with him.

Ëthia had heard Felicity's father yelling at her which caused Ëthia to listen in on the staircase, Ëthia was able to sneak behind them and see the other staircase they went down.

Ëthia patiently waited for them to come back up. When she heard them return back to the ground level Ëthia hid behind one of the pillars and waited for them to get out of sight.

Ëthia then grabbed the torch that was placed on the wall and headed down the stairs, there were so many turns, doors, and passageways that Ëthia ended up retracing her steps a few times and taking a different route.

Eventually Ëthia grew tired of walking in circles, She stood there for a moment and just allowed herself to catch her breath. Upon standing there Ëthia heard a sniffle come from a door down the dark hall, she walked forward to see that this door was wide open.

'Hope this isn't my death awaiting me' Ëthia thought to herself as she entered the room.

There on the floor Ëthia saw Felicity weeping, immediately Ëthia put the torch in the holder and sat on the floor beside Felicity, "Are you okay?"

Felicity didn't utter a word or move.

Ëthia then looked down and noticed Felicity's hands resting on her lap, they were extremely red, and beginning to swell. "What on earth happened to your hands?" Ëthia questioned with horror.

Felicity only sniffled and tried to stop the tears from falling.

Ëthia then was able to retrieve some water from the air, "May I?" Ëthia asked

Felicity looked at Ëthia and saw that there was some water moving in a circular motion, "What will you do?" Felicity questioned.

"I'm going to heal your hands" Ëthia said with sincerity.

Felicity nodded her head.

"Now this may sting just a little, but trust me, it'll feel amazing when I'm done" Ëthia assured.

Felicity stuck her hands out and instantly had a quick flashback of the paddle striking her, she then brought her hands back to herself.

Ëthia saw the look of pain that was in Felicity's face, she even noticed the mark from when the brother had struck Felicity.

Ëthia let the water evaporate into the air, "Felicity, what happened?"

Felicity sat there quietly not uttering a word.

Ëthia didn't know what to say or what to do.

Moments passed and Felicity spoke, "My father. He is a very wicked man"

Ëthia looked at Felicity, and Felicity looked at Ëthia.

Felicity then directed her attention to the table.

Ëthia as well looked at the table and not being able to see what was on it from ground level she stood up and saw the paddle on the table.

Ëthia picked it up and noticed all the holes that were in it. Then she turned around and looked down at Felicity, "Your father did this to you?" Ëthia asked with disgust in her face.

Felicity nodded her head.

Ëthia turned back around and picked up the torch, she held the paddle above the torch and waited for it to catch fire. Once it caught fire Ëthia threw it in the corner and let it burn.

Felicity watched as Ëthia burned the torch and felt a little more hope.

Ëthia then turned her focus back on Felicity and knelt beside her, "Here" Ëthia said helping Felicity up by her elbows. "Now" Ëthia spoke, "Stick out your hands"

Felicity once again stuck her hands out.

Ëthia then was able to get water from the air.

Felicity watched as the water spun in a circular motion, and then it started to glow a bright blue color.

As the water rushed around in a perfect circle, like a racetrack, it began to glow brighter and brighter.

Then Ëthia placed her hands above Felicity's, Ëthia smiled at Felicity for reassurance. Ëthia then placed her palms down facing the top of Felicity hands.

The circular rushing water was now in between the bottom of Ëthia's hands, and the top of Felicity's.

Stunned at the beauty of the waterbending, Felicity had a little smile appear on her face.

Then Ëthia split the circular rushing water into two circles of glowing water, "Are you ready?" Ëthia asked.

"Most certainly" Felicity spoke.

Ëthia lowered the glowing blue water onto Felicity's hands.

Felicity gasped a little at the pain but instantly it felt better.

Once Ëthia's hands were touching Felicity's, Felicity could feel the full affect of her hands being healed. The energy that rushed through her hands was amazing.

Soon Ëthia raised her hands back up and the water left too, then Ëthia evaporated the water back into the air.

Felicity looked at her hands, "Oh my goodness!" She exclaimed, "They feel better then ever before!" Felicity looked at Ëthia and then hugged her.

Ëthia, shocked at the initial reaction, just let it be.

"Sorry" Felicity said pulling away.

"It's fine" Ëthia commented. "It's a good thing your father didn't break your skin, when it comes to bruising healing is a very easy thing, it's just a matter of moving water around" Ëthia explained, "But when it comes to broken skin, bones, and anything else, it's a much harder situation".

Felicity looked at Ëthia with much admiration, "Thank you so much".

Ëthia smiled, "You're very welcome-" Ëthia paused, "What is your name?"

"Oh" Felicity said with a smile, "I'm Felicity. And from what I gathered from earlier, you're Ëthia".

"Correct"

Once again Felicity looked at her hands with amazement, "It's such a talent you have" Felicity complimented, "You know, If I'm being honest. I've never seen a darker skinned person like you".

Ëthia smiled and looked at her, "And I've never seen a person with such light skin... or red hair"

Felicity laughed lightly, "I'm so glad you're here, really I am"

"I don't think your father feels that way" Ëthia admitted.

"My father isn't even happy that I'm here, no one is" Felicity said in an honest tone. "But enough of that, however can I repay you for this"

Ëthia smiled, "I don't think there is-" Then the thought struck her. "Actually, maybe you could". Ëthia paused for another moment, "By any chance, would you know anything of a prophecy?"

Felicity's face instantly had a look of bright interest, "I just knew it! I knew it!"

Ëthia looked at Felicity with much confusion, "Knew what?"

"The second you were dragged through the door I knew that you knew something that I would find helpful" Felicity said with joy.

Ëthia examined Felicity, "Are you okay?"

Felicity stopped for a moment, "What ever do you mean?"

"You just seem so excited" Ëthia said.

Felicity looked at Ëthia, "Someone, some kind of prophet or something, told me long ago that someone would need me and I would be of great importance". Felicity stopped to catch all her thoughts up, "He told me this when I was about twelve. Then not to long ago, days ago, that same prophet came to me and said that all the Royalty of the same age was to unite together, which of course I thought was odd"

Ëthia didn't speak, so Felicity carried on, "I thought it was odd because I didn't know that The Water Colony had anymore Royalty, you all kept it a pretty good secret. But here you are. Here."

Ëthia still couldn't speak. She went to the wall and leaned on it for some support.

"Are you okay?" Felicity asked, "I thought you would of known all this, I'm sorry" She said.

"Don't be" Ëthia said.

Ëthia looked at Felicity, "What else did he tell you?"

"Nothing else" Felicity assured her.

"This prophet. Was he dark skinned, like me" Ëthia asked, almost positive that Alma had told Felicity.

"No. He was light skinned, like me. He had brown hair and brown eyes." Felicity paused, "He just kind of comes and goes as he pleases."

Ëthia look puzzled, "So there's more than one prophet?"

Felicity looked at her, "I thought we all shared the same one, until now... I guess maybe each realm or colony has their own" Felicity suggested.

"Must be so" Ëthia agreed.

Felicity and Ëthia stood there for a while, then Felicity spoke, "My family is having lunch soon, I'm sure you and your friend will be invited. I'm almost positive you're hungry after being shoved in a prisoner's carriage over a whole night, and then encountering all of the events of this morning".

Ëthia agreed with Felicity.

"Well then, let's sneak you back to your room without my father seeing you, and I'm sure not too long from now he'll send a servant to go get you and your friend".

Felicity had successfully snuck Ëthia back into her room, "I'll see you soon" and with that was gone.

Jarom was still knocked out and laying on the bed.

Ëthia walked over to him and and shook him, "Jarom, Jarom , Jarom" She repeated over and over.

It had been about a few hours since he was knocked out and Ëthia thought he would of been awake by now.

She continued to shake him but eventually gave up.

Ëthia, noticing that the dress in which she was in was dirty from being dragged around on decided it would be best to change.

She went over to a golden colored chair and picked up one of her bigger bags. She pulled out three dress and decided which one to wear.

She came to the conclusion to choose the dress that was a medium tint of purple, it had a white trim, and white string that went around the midsection.

She looked back at Jarom to make sure he wasn't awake, and then turned back to take off her dress and put the other dress on.

Ëthia noticed a mirror over in the corner and looked at herself, her hair was a mess, she looked tired, and her skin was a bit ashy.

She went through her bag and rummaged through to find the right things.

Eventually she was satisfied at herself.

"Amazing" Jarom said.

Ëthia turned around, "Jarom, are you okay?" She said rushing over to his side.

"I'm fine, my head hurts, but I'm fine". He replied.

"You know, this is like the second time within a short period of time of you being knocked out?" Ëthia informed.

He smiled, "Better me than you"

Ëthia smiled back, "Well I wish I had brought something for you to change in".

Jarom got up and looked at himself in the mirror, there he was, wearing the same thing, the traditional fighting clothes from days ago, a flashback of him and Xrin's fight came into his mind. "I could look a lot worse" Jarom said.

Ëthia looked at him with an are-you-serious kind of look.

Again, Ëthia found herself catching Jarom up and all the things that had occurred while he was knocked out, she told him of Felicity and her father, of helping the girl, and of what she found out.

Before Jarom could answer a knock at the door sounded.

"The Royal Family would like for you to join them for lunch" The short servant explained, "Follow me".

They ended up walking outside and into a garden of streams and flowers, they followed the short man through the gorgeous gardens until he came to a huge white gazebo.

Under the gazebo was large table with The Royal Family sitting at it.

Ëthia immediately noticed how extravagantly the table was set up.

There was three baskets of different colored grapes overflowing out of the bowls, two cooked pigs with apple in their mouths, bread, sauces, fruits, juices, cups, bowls, plates, and anything else one could imagine.

The short man stopped walking and motioned his arm over in the direction of the gazebo, "Enjoy your meal" and he walked away.

Ëthia picked up her dress and began to walk forward and up the stairs with Jarom closely behind her. She saw two empty chairs, one in between the two sons, and the other in between the two daughters.

Ëthia began walking to the one in between the daughters and Jarom to the one in between the sons.

Ëthia and Jarom pulled their chairs out and sat down.

"Welcome" The King said.

"Thank you for having us" Ëthia said.

The sons looked at Jarom from the corner of their eyes with disgust, Ëthia being across from them noticed this.

"I'm sorry you had such a rough morning" The King said, "But, I'm certain you now know our customs here" He said looking at Jarom with a grin on his face.

Ëthia spoke up for Jarom, "We most certainly do" Ëthia said.

The King glanced over at Ëthia. Ëthia glared back.

"Shall we feast?" The Queen suggested ignoring the whole thing.

"Most Certainly" The King said.

Plates were passed around and soon everyone was eating.

The King had happened to catch Felicity passing a bowl of fruit and noticed her hands were perfectly fine.

Finally after a while of eating and awkward silence The King once again spoke up, "Felicity" He said.

Felicity had just put a grape in her mouth and quickly chewed it up and swallowed, "Yes?"

"Tell our guests here of what happened to you earlier today, after speaking out of turn", The King Ordered.

Felicity's mother looked at The King, "Wesley" She said.

"Silence" King Wesley commanded. "Speak" He directed towards Felicity.

The brothers immediately leaned forward with much interest.

"Well" Felicity began. "I had my hands hit for speaking out of turn" Felicity simply put.

"And what were your hands hit with?" Wesley Asked

"Yes my sister, what were they hit with?" The older brother Fulton asked with a smile.

"A wooden paddle. That had holes in it" Felicity said weakly.

Ëthia was disgusted at the humiliation Felicity's father was putting her through.

"I would never speak out of turn" The youngest daughter replied.

Wesley smiled at her, "I know, you're a good girl". He then directed his attention to the younger brother, "Ferris, Tell me what happens when you are hit with a wooden paddle with holes in it"

"Well father" Ferris began, "It would leave extreme red marks and bruises on your skin, depending on how hard and how many times someone was hit"

Wesley smiled, "And what if someone were to be hit multiple times, more than forty, and each strike was harder than the next"

Ferris thought for a moment, "It would be extremely red, in fact, they probably wouldn't be able to move for a very long time considering the pain that would be there. And the swelling is a whole nother thing"

Wesley looked at Felicity, "And just how many times did I strike you?"

"More than forty I assume" Felicity said looking down at her plate.

"Would you mind showing us your hands?" Her father asked.

Felicity knew she had no choice, she raised her hands above the table so everyone could see them.

"Father, I thought you striked her hands" Fulton questioned.

"I did" Wesley said, "But someone clearly helped heal them. And from what I know, only waterbenders have that kind of ability".

Instantly the family looked at Jarom and Ëthia.

"So which one of you was it?" Ferris asked.

Jarom looked across at Ëthia, Ëthia looked at him.

Jarom knew that Ëthia did it, it's something she would do, it was the right thing to do.

"I did" Ëthia spoke up.

Wesley shot her a look, "Why?"

"Because she was-"

Wesley jumped in, "You will address me as 'your majesty'. Now, why did you help her"

Ëthia looked at Felicity then back at Wesley, "Because, your majesty, she was in pain, she was hurt, and I couldn't just leave her when I knew there was something that I could do" Ëthia explained.

Wesley stood up, "She is my daughter" He yelled, "If I see fit to punish her, I will punish her. It's not up to you to come and rescue her!" He directed at Ëthia.

"Father Please" Felicity begged.

Directing his gaze to Felicity he spoke, "Silence" and turned his head back to Ëthia, "You see, because of you she has learned nothing! You think you are helping my daughter, but you are hurting her. It's up to me to make sure a man will want her, so I can unite her with a man".

Everyone was quiet. Only the deep breathes of Wesley were heard, "Now. You must excuse me. I had things to attend to." He got up and began walking down the stairs only to stop and turn around, "Ëthia", He said.

Ëthia turned and looked at him.

"Don't you ever do that again. Or I swear, I'll take her hands" Motioning to Felicity, "Kill your friend" looking at Jarom, "And send you piece by piece back to what you call a home".

Ëthia looked at him with much hate, and turned back around.

Wesley walked away and off into the palace.

"Mother" Fulton spoke, "Would you mind leaving, and take Sariah with you" He asked.

Not wanting to upset her son, The Queen got up and left with her youngest daughter.

Fulton then directed his attention towards Ëthia, "You've got a lot of nerve, you know that?"

Ëthia looked at him and gave a half hearted smile.

"You know" Fulton continued, "My father will punish her again, probably even worse this time, it'll be after you go back home, I'm sure".

Jarom got up and was heading to sit by Ëthia.

"Stop" Fulton commanded.

Jarom kept moving around the table and closer to Ëthia.

"Take one more step and I swear I'll have your princess's head on a plate" Fulton threatened.

Jarom stopped instantly.

"Much better peasant" Fulton said.

Ëthia was instantly reminded of Xrin, constantly referring to Jarom as a peasant.

"Now come back and sit by my brother and I".

Jarom returned to his seat.

"Wonderful" Fulton added. "Now as I was saying, he is probably going to hurt her twice as much, and there's nothing you can do about it."

Ferris smiled, "My brother is right. Does that make you mad Ëthia? Does is make you mad that my brother is right?"

Ëthia couldn't believe the situation that she was in, how on earth did this all happen, one moment she's home, the next she's on the run, and now she's trapped by some soon to be king who hates everything.

"My brother asked you a question" Ferris again repeated.

"I know what he said" Ëthia spit out.

Fulton stood up, "Watch your tongue, or I'll have it cut out" Fulton fought back. "Now, answer the question like the good little girl you are" Fulton teased.

Ëthia placed her hands in her lap, softened her gaze, and spoke sweetly, "Of course it makes me angry, Prince Fulton, I guess I just let my emotions get the best of me"

Fulton looked at Ëthia, confused, but not letting up, "Yes, you are right. I'm glad you see that. Looks like you are learning our ways."

Fulton looked at Felicity, Felicity looked away from him.

"Brother" Ferris said, "We have our fight training soon"

"Ah, yes." Fulton remembered, "I must be going, but I do hope to see you soon Ëthia. Just remember to mind your own business from now on and I'm sure you'll leave here in one piece, and your friend here".

Ëthia gave a faint smile and watched them walk away.

Jarom looked at Ëthia, "What was that all about, why were you speaking sweetly?"

"Because Jarom, It threw him off a little, I can't stand that boy"

Jarom looked at Felicity, "Your father really did that to you?"

Felicity nodded her head, "My father is capable of so much, and my brothers are going to be much worse".

Ëthia, Jarom, and Felicity all continued to stay and talk about the things that they found important, they exchanged information that they all knew and planned to meet later at night when everyone else had gone to sleep.

"Alright my friend's" Felicity said with a big smile, "I'll see you at dinner or later tonight, or maybe even both. I have a few princess things to worry about. I'm sure you understand" She said with excitement at Ëthia.

Ëthia looked at Felicity, "Why did you say 'friends' with so much excitement?"

"Because" Felicity began, "I don't have any. You're the first people who actually talk to me without putting me down, or telling me what my schedule is for the day, it's nice. My father and brothers sure have done a good job of turning everyone on me".

Jarom spoke, "We may not know you too well, but I can't wait until we do".

Felicity got up, "See you friends later!" she said loudly and walked away.

Jarom and Ëthia looked at eachother.

"As awful as her family is" Ëthia said, "She is one of the nicest people I've ever met"

Jarom agreed.

They both ate a little more food and began to explore the palace.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

95.8K 2.2K 42
(Y/N) lived in the fire nation most of her life, growing up in the palace where she was close friends with Prince Zuko. She enjoyed her time in the p...
Enchantment D.G

Фэнтези

49.2K 3.5K 32
*SEQUEL TO THE 12 ELEMENTALS* #623 in Fantasy Kicked out of her kingdom by Darkness, how does Melody rebuild her life and take back her crown? * Okay...
126K 3.5K 37
Kya is now taken captive to the Fire Nation and faced with choosing herself over her beliefs. Siding with Azula for a better chance at survival Kya s...
The Glitch Red Snow

Фанфик

31 0 20
Every 100 years there's supposed to be a new one of us. But the newest one vanished when the world needed him most. Now people, are either fearful of...