BECOMING A VILLAIN'S WIFE AFT...

By eclair-amj

Jiang Tang is a bit unlucky. She transmigrated. Her husband is an absolutely wicked villain beyond redemption... More

1.
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40
41
42
43.
44.
45
46.
47
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57
58.
59.
60.
61.
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71.
72
73
74.
75.
76
77.
78.
79.
80.
81.
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91.
92
93.
94.
95
96.
97.
98.
100.
101.
102.
103
104
105.
106.
107
108.
109.
110.
111.
112.
113.
114.
115.
116.
117.
118.
119.
120.
121
122
123
124
125.

99.

384 7 0
By eclair-amj

Chapter 99

Finally, it came to the last destination of “Life Outing.” This time they are going to Zhaozi Village on the border of C City. Actually, there are many famous people from this village. Because the mountain road is closed, most young people who still live in the village are self-sufficient, relying on their hands. Life is not rich, but it is more than enough.

The new director, PD Qian is a moderate man, friendly to everyone. He does not fuss over trivial matters and handles big problems in a professional manner. Along the way, he repeatedly reminded everyone to pay attention to safety. In the past, he only directed night programs in the studio. This is the first time shooting outside and so far away. The village’s roads are dangerous, people could see the worries in his heart.

From City A to City C, then from City C to the town, and then looking for a car to take them to Zhaoxi village. The journey has taken more than half a day.

At five o’clock in the afternoon, the crew entered Zhaoxi Village. The village is collated in the middle of the mountain, which has steep terrain with a huge mountain standing above and endless forests below. Even if the village is small, it’s very well maintained. The ground is paved with cement roads. Each household has a large courtyard with livestock such as pigs, sheep, chickens, and ducks. Life seems to be going well.

The moment the crew entered the village, they saw the village chief and the villagers who had been waiting for them for quite some time came out and greeted everyone. Firecrackers sounded on both sides, one after another as if it was Chinese New Year. After entering the courtyard, the village chief asked his wife to prepare the meal and bring the fruits over. His warm welcome was beyond word.

Advertisement

As a rookie director, PD Qian had never experienced this battle before and hurriedly declined: “No, no need to worry about these.”

They are here to record the show, not coming to the countryside for inspection, so how could they shamelessly take things from the villagers.

The village chief did not say anything and put down the things in his hands awkwardly. After a while, he yelled at the person inside the house: “Tiger, take out the newly brewed rice wine for me.”

After a while, a shirtless man in his thirties walked out with a wine jar in his hands. When he was about to deliver the wine, a pair of his big eyes fell on Jiang Tang.

Tiger probably had never seen such a beautiful woman before. He kept staring at her without blinking until the village chief urged him, and he finally slowly put down the wine jar.

“It’s really unnecessary, we are….”

“This is homemade rice wine. You guys have worked hard all day, take it back to these youngsters to taste.”

PD Qian couldn’t refuse his kind offer, let his assistant keep it, and left two hundred yuan on the table later.

The next step is to choose a house. A group of family members will stay at the village chief’s home, and the rest go elsewhere. As usual, Jiang Tang was the first to be selected for the draw.

“Who wants to draw?” Jiang Tang lowered her head and asked the three children.

“Me-me-me.” Liangshen raised his hand high, full of enthusiasm. Jiang Tang picked up the little guy, he searched inside the box and finally caught a paper roll. He unfolded the paper and the number written on it was the village chief’s house. Next, it was Xia Huairun’s turned. Lou Luo drew No. 2, which was the house opposite the village chief’s house. Chen Zhifan and Tan Qian got No.3 and No. 4. As for Li Changfeng was a bit unlucky and drew house No.5, the smallest one.

“Now, all the guests may go to the houses you have selected. This is the last recording location of our show, I hope everyone will do their best!”

People scattered and the courtyard was emptied in an instant.

As Jiang Tang bent over and was about to pick up the luggage, Tiger suddenly stepped forward and picked up her bags. He raised his head and grinned at Jiang Tang, who was still at a loss, saying: “Let me do it, let me do it.”

She retracted her vacant hand awkwardly and followed Tiger inside silently.

After putting the suitcases away, Tiger did not leave right away but instead started to get close to Jiang Tang. Looking at the children next to her, Tiger smiled and said: “Your daughter is so beautiful.”

As he said, he stretched out his hand and wanted to pinch Qian Qian’s face. Seeing this, Jiang Tang frowned and immediately pulled Qian Qian to hide behind her. She said: “Thank you for your help. I’m a little messy here….”

Tiger understood her meaning and left the room. After watching him leave, Jiang Tang immediately closed the door.

From what she saw, the village chief’s family seemed to be the wealthiest household in the village. The side room is divided into inner and outer spaces. The inner room is the bedroom with a large kang bed which is enough for four people to sleep. There’s also a single bed and sofa outside.

After she finished organizing, Jiang Tang changed her clothes and took the children out with a basket.

The air in the village was quite refreshing, with clear blue sky and white clouds, very relaxing. The kids hopped around ahead of her while Jiang Tang looked around. A few villagers were sitting at the front door eating melon seeds. They pointed at Jiang Tang and laughed from time to time. These people were speaking the local dialect, Jiang Tang did not understand a word. But she could sense the glance of a few young men staring at her.

After walking around for a while, Jiang Tang found it somewhat strange. There are many people in this village, especially it has more young people than in other villages she has visited, but there are very few young girls and has more youthful men who seemed in their 30s and still single.

“Uncle Xia!!”

When they arrived at Xia Huairun’s place, Qian Quan rushed forward to hug Xia Huairun, who was sweeping the floor. He hurriedly put down the broom and held the little girl.

“Only you and Lou Lou are staying here?” Jiang Tang looked around but didn’t find anyone else.

Xia Huairun gently squeezed Qian Qian’s soft cheek and replied with a low voice l: “Just me and Lou Lou. The room has only enough space for two people to sleep.”

Jiang Tang leaned closer to Xia Huairun’s ear and whispered: “While on my way here, I feel a bit strange.”

He glanced at her: “What’s strange?”

Jiang Tang said: “There are more men than women in this village, didn’t you notice it?”

He smiled: “It’s not strange at all. The population of the village is small. Daughters mostly have married men from other places, and sons haven’t got married yet. Naturally, the proportions are not equal.”

Jiang Tang thought about it and found it made sense.

Xia Huiarun continued teasing Qian Qian who was still in his arms and said softly: “The day after tomorrow is your birthday. From the schedule, you probably won’t be able to return home.”

Birthday?

Jiang Tang was taken aback. She finally remembered that it will soon be August 2nd. In her previous world, she was single and had no family. Busied running about all day long, rarely celebrating her birthday. She didn’t expect that she still could not celebrate her first birthday after coming to this world.

Hearing the conversation between the two, Qian Qian lifted her head and looked at Jiang Tang with big eyes: “Mama, when is your birthday?”

Liangshen, who was catching butterflies, also ran over and muttered: “Mama, you are too much, you didn’t tell us about your birthday!”

Facing the two children’s accusing eyes, Jiang Tang was in deep thought for a while.

What is she supposed to say? Should she say these two children are not sensible? In the past few years, don’t mention birthdays, it was already not bad that the original host did not celebrate the death anniversary.

Chu Yi pulled Liangshen’s sleeve and interrupted in a soft voice: “Because the two of you don’t remember.”

Qian Qian jumped out of Xia Huiarun’s arms and walked to Chu Yi, asking him: “Does Older Brother know?”

“Of course, I do.” Chu Yi nodded, “Mama’s birthday is on August 2nd, Papa is November 11th, Liangshen is April 1st, Qian Qian is on Christmas Eve. Beautiful snow fell on the day you were born.”

Recalling the scene when he saw the younger sister for the first time, Chu Yi couldn’t help but let out a gentle smile on his face. At that time, both the younger brother and sister were soft and adorable. They were cute when crying and even more appealing when laughing. But they were a little noisy, causing Ah Wu to become upset frequently.

Qian Qian tilted her head. Wringing her tiny face as if thinking about something and then shaking her head: “Qian Qian didn’t remember there was snow.”

Jiang Tang burst out laughing: “You were a baby back then. How could you remember it?”

Qian Qian asked: “Did Mama remember it?”

Jiang Tang’s smile froze. She also seemed…not remembering it. No, the one not remembered was the irresponsible original host, it has nothing to do with her.

Jiang Tang put on a bold face and said: “I’m your Mama, what do you think?”

“Mama, I’m sorry.” Qian Qian suddenly stood straight with both of her hands behind her back, looking like a baby bunny who admitted her mistake and her eyes flickered like bright stars. Qian Qian’s voice was soft and tender. She said with firmness: “Qian Qian didn’t remember Mama’s birthday, but I promise I will never forget it again in the future. I will remember it forever even if you turned 300 years old.”

Jiang Tang was very moved by her words and her eyes were slightly red. Yet, she still said: “By the time I turned 300 years old, your Ma’s bones have already become fossils. But I still want to thank you for your kindness. If you watch less drama series, Mama will be even happier.”

Qian Qian blinked: “Mama, you don’t need to be too happy.”

After saying that, she turned to find Lou Lou to catch butterflies together.

Jiang Tang wiped the tears at the corners of her eyes and inwardly thought to herself, this clever little brat is getting harder and harder to trick.

Liangshen stared at Qian Qian’s back and abruptly shouted: “Ma!”

Jiang Tang was startled: “What?”

Liangshen pointed his finger at the sky: “Mama, I won’t watch TV drama. Can I make a wish on your birthday? I want Papa to buy me a toy.”

Jiang Tang: “No.”

Damn it, these little rascals are very quick-witted now.

Liangshen’s small face collapsed immediately. He shut up and went to find his sister and Lou Lou to catch butterflies.

After two children were gone, Jiang Tang turned to look at Chu Yi. He glanced at Jiang Tang and then at his younger siblings, and ultimately not saying anything, and went to catch butterflies with them. Watching the several children playing, she could not help sighing.

Xia Huiarun chuckled: “These three children are different from their father.”

Jiang Tang’s heart skipped a beat and hurriedly said: “Don’t talk nonsense, we gave birth to them decently.”

Xia Huairun: “……”

Xia Huairun: “….I mean character-wise.”

Jiang Tang touched her chin and said in profound meaning: “Liangshen is more like him.”

Jiang Tang: “Just as silly as him.”

Xia Huairun: “……”

President Lin would surely cry if he heard this.

You should know that your family President Lin is always crazy about himself. He always thinks he is handsome, smart, and has an IQ of 250. Now being compared to a five-year-old child?

“As a matter of fact, sometimes silly is also quite cute.” Jiang Tang lowered her head and pursed her lips, her eyes flashed with shyness like a young maiden.

Xia Huairun slightly raised his eyebrows and reached out his hand to push her forehead: “You’re also quite silly.”

Jiang Tang raised her head in bewilderment: “Huh?”

“Nothing.”

Just a little slow responsive.

But…Xia Huairun was quite happy to watch the two fall in love. He was not in a hurry to tell Lin Suizhou about Jiang Tang’s current attitude. Who made him frequently block him? He likes to see that stupid boy get anxious and angry because of love, helplessly has no choice but to seek help from him in the end.

Well, it’s pretty interesting just to think about it.

..........

Comments
8 responses to “Chapter 99”
Sierra Avatar
Sierra
July 25, 2021
Hehe, slowly falling. I have a not-so-great feeling about this village. I hope it isn’t too bad 😦

Thanks for the chapters!

Liked by 3 people

Reply
Reader-sunbaenim Avatar
Reader-sunbaenim
July 26, 2021
Trust me when I say it can’t be worse

Liked by 1 person

Reply
mylifegoals424 Avatar
mylifegoals424
July 26, 2021
Can I know how many chapters are left atleast approx?

Like

Reply
godofmedusa Avatar
godofmedusa
July 27, 2021
The story is 143 chapters.
I post 2 chapters every weekend.

Liked by 2 people

Reply
mylifegoals424 Avatar
mylifegoals424
July 28, 2021
Thank You for Replying!

Like

Reply
Soukkii Avatar
Soukkii
August 4, 2021
Thank you for the hardwork! Really love this story. FL is hilarious.

Liked by 1 person

Reply
Drumy Avatar
Drumy
August 11, 2021
I think the reason why Liang shen isn’t smart is bcuz he was born on April Fools day 💀

Liked by 2 people

Reply
Cloverlin Avatar
Cloverlin
February 21, 2022
Why do I feel threatened in that last village 😱… Like..those youths in their 30s will abduct a wife or something.

Also… CEO Xia is like a bigbro for these two silly couple 🥴🥴

Liked by 1 person

Reply
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Comment *

Name *

Email *

Website

Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.

Notify me of new comments via email.

Notify me of new posts via email.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.9K 844 12
"Dancing through our house with the ghost of you.." ⚠️TRIGGER WARNINGS⚠️ READ AT YOUR OWN RISK
24.4K 387 54
Note: I do not own this Novel. Please don't vote, For Offline Purposes Only. Happy Reading~♥ *** Novel Summary Suddenly I was the Goddess of the worl...
176K 6K 68
oc Targaryen × brandon stark she's more than someone with targaryen blood. a targaryen child born in dorne sent to be cared for in winterfell, for al...
63.4K 2K 34
In her previous life Amy was used as a substitute for the real daughter of the Aurora family. But when she opened her eyes again she found being back...