π™°π™Ώπ™·πšπ™Ύπ™³π™Έπšƒπ™΄'πš‚ 𝙱𝙾𝙳�...

By pocoyo-yo

Miss Roselyn Sawyer; the beautiful CEO of Canopy of Crystal, a flourishing jewelry company. Dominic Pierce; t... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Fourty
Fourty-One
Fourty-Two
Fourty-Three
Fourty-Five
Fourty-Six
Fourty-Seven
Fourty-Eight
Fourty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three

Fourty-Four

318 13 1
By pocoyo-yo

Hijo Del Corazón
_________________________________________

DOMINIC

No matter what I never forgot what my father looked like for one reason; people always said I looked like my Mama, but everytime I looked in the mirror he would be there.

- 2015 -

"I'm tearing that fucking wall down ya hear me!"

Coach Trevor grumbled angrily- Kirsten gigging from behind the front desk.

I walked towards the entrance with my then girlfriend at the time- ignoring his scolding while she covered her face as she went through her first walk of a shame. This wasn't new for me; it had happened before with others.

"Don't think too much about it," I held open the door for her. ".. get home safe, Tiana- you coming to my match Saturday?" I asked with a sigh.

"I can't Dominic.. I already told you that your last match and uhm," She pouted and played with her braids. ".. I thought you was walkin' me home today?"

"I have a bit more to do and then I gotta head home- also work and shit so..." I rambled on- giving every excuse and explanation as to why I couldn't walk her fifteen minutes down the street.

That wasn't like me, and that moment was when I realized I was juggling too much- I had barely been sleeping trying to keep my grades afloat after barely making it through Junior year.
Graduation was approaching and I was making somewhat of a name for myself as a upcoming boxer- still working at Matteo's Place but I was missing shifts due to tournaments and matches.

"Come on, Dominic," I stepped away from the door and let it close. ".. get changed and go the back parking lot- you're running suicides 'til I'm out of breath." Coach Trevor huffed- folding his arms under his chest.

"Coach c'mon y'know I have to get home or my Mama's gonna kill me.." I frowned.

"Then you better get your ass in the parking lot," Coach Trevor scoffed. ".. but you finally told your Mom right? That you've been doing this?"

I frowned, ".. It's complicated."

"Dominic.. your names getting big, kid- if you're serious about this-"

"- I am," I said sternly. "I want to be a boxer more than anything."

".. Then," Coach Trevor continued. "You have to tell her. Even though you're 18 and don't necessarily need her permission, you've been doing this for almost a year now. She's your Mom.. you owe it to her."

I muttered, "I know.. I'll do it soon."

"Y'know what," He scratched his neck and sighed. ".. no suicides but you have tell your Mom about this by Sunday. If not, the whole next practice will be comditioning, understand?"

"Yessir." I told him.

Mama didn't learn a thing that night, or the night after that, the night after that, and that.

The day of my match, Saturday, I didn't have plans her either. Suicides it was I guess- Kirsten, me, and a couple of juniors took Coach's van to our match we qualified for.
The juniors and us older ones were seperated- Coach Trevor stayed with us.

Girls go first; it was how it always was.

"You're good, KiKi- I watched her footage," I told her as I adjusted her Nike headband. ".. she's a desperate fighter."

"Mmm mwy wucky dway.." She said- forgetting about her mouth guard.

"Its always a lucky day for Kirsten Trevor." Coach pipped in.

There were too many 'what if' senarios that I considered when I noticed that sorry form of Kirsten's opponent.
Her anger was evident and her worry to lose was obvious, so what if?

What if I had my match first instead, what if that sorry bitch actually new how to box properly, what if it was me who was critically hit in the back of the neck that day- and Coach Trevor had to tell my Mama who hadn't a clue about any of this at all.

For the first time in my life I didn't want to box and not because my Coach was screaming over his daughter and one of my closests friends seizing body- not because medics were scrambling in the ring, but because I was afraid for me.
I had imagined a life for the people around me if I was never there to begin with plenty of times, but the last thing I ever wanted was for my Mama to hurt like that over me.

And she would- I knew she would.

I didn't want to stay at the tournament, but Coach Trevor made me.
He said Kirsten would hate me if I quit, and I won with ease.
There wasn't a thought behind my eyes but there was so much to think about, and the van ride home with the juniors and their assistant coach was silent.

"Mama,"

Our house was always quiet except for the low hym of Lauryn Hill.
She always seemed to be doing something- she never rested. Maybe it was age, but my Mama was never that skinny.

Her eyes were bright- she was wearing thosr emerald studs. I hadn't seen her in those in so long.

".. Mama I," I paused and set my dirtied gloves on the dining room table in front of her. ".. I box- I've been boxing." I admitted as I took a seat in the chair across from hers.

"Huh," She muttered- setting down her book. ".. box?"

".. And I don't wanna stop, Mama," I told her yet I avoided her eyes. ".. I can't stop. I've been doing this for almost a year- if I'm not a boxer then who am I? Because I'm not a CEO- I'm not what you or Father want me to be."

"Is that what you have thought I wanted for you, Domi?"

With wide eyes I finally looked over at Mama.

"Wait what-"

"- I just want you to be happy and safe, Domi. You are my son, my first baby," She huffed and reached across the table- squeezing my arm. ".. I have always known you did not want to take over the company.. that was never you- not my Domi."

I couldn't speak and Mama stroked my skin.

"But by God you are grounded again," She giggled softly before her face grew serious. ".. still we will figure this out- how to tell your father."

"We have time," I sighed before I noticed Mama grip on my arm grew tighter. ".. right?"

"Domi.. your Father is coming back for your graduation." She informed under her breath.

"What?"

"And I think he is going to stay-"

"- No, no, no.. oh hell no," I pulled my arm away as I stood up from my seat. ".. tell him no, Mama. It's been three years since we've seen him- tell him no." I spat- my fists clenched.

".. Language, Dominic." Was all she said.

"Why can't you tell him no? Why are you even still.. with him? I haven't seen him in years- Val hasn't either so what? You been seeing him still?" I accused her- snatching my boxing gloves from the table.

Mama stood up and frowned, "Dominic, no, I haven't-"

"- Then leave him, Mama." I repeated.

"You cannot fix everything, Domi, it breaks my heart but it is true- things are more complicated than you think-"

"- Whatever..." I grumbled.

"What," Mama muttered. "..ever?"

I mumbled, "Lo siento.. buenos noches."
I walked away, and she let me- which was odd; especially when I disrespected her.

Our townhome wasn't small but it wasn't a condo either- it fit us three perfectly. Just us three. I didn't want him back- we didn't need him.
I could pay the bills, I could figure this out without him.

"You don't," I glanced down at Valerie as she stood in her doorway. "..want Father back?" She asked.

"Val.." I muttered.

"Father said he would fix things and he did," Valerie pouted angrily. ".. he did this for you- he said it. You don't know how lucky are.. he loves you that much."

"Has he called you- talked to you at all, Val?"

"Yesterday he did." She mumbled.

"Oh well," I murmured. ".. he loves you that much."

"If he loved me that much I'd be you- I'd have the future you have-"

"- If he loved us that much you would get to be CEO just you like want, and I could do what I want." I snapped at her.

Valerie squinted at me before she looked me up and down- her eyes locking in on the boxing gloves still in my hand.
"You don't want to be CEO," She said under breath- a slight wobble to her voice. ".. then Father left for no reason-"

"- I said 'if', Valerie," I interrupted- pushing open my bedroom and tossing my gloves on bed. ".. doesn't mean it'll happen."

"Well I guess we both don't get what want.. I don't care what you say he loves you that much, Dominic. He doesn't show it but he does- all he talks about is you to me.." Valerie hissed right as I was about to shut my door- I paused and looked back at her.

"Huh, well shit next time you talk ask 'em why he hasn't called the son he loves so much in three years," I then let out chuckle. "Actually.. what does he say?"

"That he knows you'll be a great CEO.."

Valerie said it with such confidence- like she truly believed that was what a person like me desired to hear.
Maybe her but not me; we already established we aren't the same and that alone just reaffirmed it.

"Of course he did." I scoffed- pulling my door closed.

It was common feeling at that point; the feeling, the want, to just dissapear.
I think everyone felt it that day in some way, shape, or form.

Coach Trevor definitely did- from that day on he just sat in his office just crying. But I think he wanted more than himself to dissapear; he wasn't eating- it was visit Kirsten in the hospital and come back to the gym be misreble.

"Eat, Coach." I sighed- sliding him some left overs from my shift at Matteo's Place.

He didn't touch it- just stared off into nothing.

"Dominic," He said in a groggy voice. ".. I have some friends in Mahatten- good boxing coaches with good gyms..."

I frowned, "What are you trying to say?"

"I can't.. I can't keep this place anymore," His voice wobbled as he began to get choked up. ".. not with my baby girl like this- but you.. you can't stop, okay? You gotta be careful, keep your head on tight, and-"

"- No," I said sternly- taking a seat in the chair across from him. ".. if you're done, Coach, then what was the point of it all- Kirsten's efforts? She brought us together, who did fundraisers, brought in more people, made me hand out business cards- Kirsten did. Coach, Kiki loves boxing more than anything except this gym. Boxing was already taken from her- I won't let you take away her gym either."

"Her gym.." Coach repeated under hus breath- though his stare was still blank there was a hint of something in his eyes.

"It's called Trevor's Boxing Gym- there's Luke Trevor and there's Kirsten Trevor. Two. This just as much her gym as it is yours," I explained before I leaned back in my chair. ".. change it."

"What?" Coach questioned.

"The name- change it," I suggested. ".. Kirsten's Boxing Gym."

There- in that moment as his eyes weld up with a new round of tears I could a look of hope laced within them.
He didn't speak, but the way he inhaled so harshly and covered his face while he began to break down told me enough- he wasn't selling anything.

"I'm going to be a boxer," I stated- a new sense of meaning in my words. ".. my Mama knows I've been doing it- I don't care anymore."

Coach Trevor whispered, "You're going to go far in life, kid- I swear you will."

Boxing was my everything now- full time. So working part-time wasn't going to work; not anymore.
Working for Matteo Cattaneo was something- it took me until the day I decided would be my last in Matteo's Place to realize I actually lived most of my life there.

"Yur 'resigning'..?" He hummed as he read over the paperwork.

"Yes sir." I told him.

"Mm," He huffed- gripping my shoulder. ".. ya resigning to do good things? Not cause I was gonna start ya as bartender."

I chuckled lightly, "I want to box, Matteo."

"For life?"

I nodded, "Yes sir."

"Goddamn Dominic.. yur actually about to be an adult- yur pushing my height now, graduating.. I need payment for dealin' with yur shit for three years." Matteo snickered- his hand leaving my shoulder.

"Don't tell him that, Matty- he definitely still has a baby-face." Becca chimed in with a smile.

"Ya better take care of yur Mama, alright? And yur sister." He said sternly.

"I will," I then repeated. ".. I will, Matteo."

Matteo stuck out his hand, and I grabbed it- pulling him onto a tight hug. I held on longer than I initically intended; I'd never saw Matteo as a father, but he was there for me in ways my own father should've been.
But Matteo claimed he wasn't the fatherly type- that he had been involved in too much shit that a kid would stress him out.

"Ya actin' like I'm bannin' ya from here- ya always have a place here, Dominic. Visit if ya want, and if ya need a job just say the word." Matteo then reassured me as I pulled back- nodding silently.

Matteo scratched his neck- giving Becca a glance before focusing back on me.

"Ya go to Kingsley right, Dominic?" Becca asked as she held onto Matteo's arm.

"Yeah I do." I said.

Becca gestured for Matteo to speak; he murmured, ".. Let me know yur graduation date- we'll be there."

I felt myself smile which made Matteo's gaze soften- Becca kissing his cheek as a sort of 'good job'.

"Really?!" I asked; I had to be sure.

Matteo whistled, "I mean if you don't want us there then-"

"- No no I do.. I swear I do." I stammered.

I was right; I didn't need him back.
The world would keep spinning, my life would go on- the fact that two people I had known for only three years had me smiling from ear to ear at their care for me told me enough.

It felt surreal- and if I had dreamt it all, I prayed, I would never wake up.

And that's how it was for the next few months; things were different- I rarely spared with anyone anymore at the gym.

It just was me and the punching bag until Kirsten got discharged from the hospital and even then Coach Trevor was at their home to care for her.
It was fine though- I caught on quickly when I first started boxing, so I knew how to do things when it was just me.

I hadn't applied to a single college, it wasn't ideal for a CEO, but for a boxer? I'd be just fine.

Father didn't need to know- I could just lie until there was nothing he could do about it by the time he found out.
So maybe I really was an ignorant child since I just couldn't understand why it had to be me that took over Pierce Co.
That company could burn down for all I cared- the Pierce name could go burn with it.

I'd rather be Dominic Leandre Peña-Reyes- Mama's maiden name. It would look better on my diploma in my opinion.

The months leading up to my graduation turned to weeks and then to days- there was so sight of him, no talk of him.

"That is much better- it was botherin' me." Mama spoke softly as she adjusted the royal blue graduation cap on my head- having to stand on her tippy toes.

I enjoyed that- just us two.

She held my face gently; her brown eyes were filled with tears and her smile was warm.

"Mama.. c'mon- don't cry." I scoffed- leaning into her touch.

"Hush, Domi.." She sniffled- resting her hands on my chest before she gave me a hug. I hugged her back with a chuckle; I never seen myself actually graduating- in a cap and gown. Especially royal blue, never thought it was my color.

"Te amo, Mamá," I paused and cleared my throat. ".. I don't say it enough.. I'm sorry- te amo." I mumbled.

"Te amo, mi vida." Mama smiled up at me.

I smiled back and glanced up. The sound of slow claps filled my ears and looked past Mama- Matteo and Becca walked together, while Matteo clapped like he was interested but his face said otherwise.

I chuckled, "I can't believe they actually... Becca! Matteo-"

"- Dominic, son,"

I whole body stilled; I couldn't breathe. Matteo stopped walking- keeping Becca back. It had nothing to do with whether he knew who my father was- I had no doubt Matteo could take him. But I think it just because how disturbed my face became at the sound of my father's voice.

I reluctantly turned around- Mama backed away from me just a bit. Valerie was with him, our father, right by his side with a bright smile.

No matter how long it's been I knew him- his voice.

".. You actually woke up and did it.. I'm proud of you."

. . .

PART FOUR

. . .

2,919 words.

hey ya'll

Damian please leave

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

349K 11.2K 41
Meet Stephanie Lynn Ryder, an almost 21-year-old girl behind on rent, works at a diner for $350 a week and has an oblivious boyfriend who only wants...
38.8K 2.9K 55
She was never scared of heights. Avery Woodsen has spent years clawing her way up the political ladder. She's fought and sacrificed to get where she...
9.5M 254K 89
πŸ–€Book 1 of the 'Blackstone' seriesπŸ–€ β€’ β€’ β€’ πŸ”₯Highest RankingπŸ”₯ #1: -Agegap -Assistant -Boss -Daddy -Employee -Flirting -Lust -Raunchy -Submissive #2...
13.6K 267 28
Davina - Daddy issues, check. Book lover, check. Hot new bodyguard, I can't stop looking at, thinking about or flirting with, also check. He's hiding...