π™°π™Ώπ™·πšπ™Ύπ™³π™Έπšƒπ™΄'πš‚ 𝙱𝙾𝙳�...

By pocoyo-yo

Miss Roselyn Sawyer; the beautiful CEO of Canopy of Crystal, a flourishing jewelry company. Dominic Pierce; t... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Nine
Fourty
Fourty-One
Fourty-Two
Fourty-Three
Fourty-Four
Fourty-Five
Fourty-Six
Fourty-Seven
Fourty-Eight
Fourty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three

Thirty-Eight

344 16 2
By pocoyo-yo

Outing
________________________________________

_________________________________________

DOMINIC

".. Where are we goin' first?"

Miss Roselyn smiled over at me with a sparkle in those doe eyes. She was back in the passenger seat— I didn'r realize how much I missed that until she took her place next to me again.
Paparazzi didn't harass her on her way out of the office this morning— they haven't been this entire week.

"It's your day, Roselyn— you can pick."

Miss Roselyn pouted, "I agree to disagree— it's your day."

"Y'know what," I sighed— placing my right hand on her thigh. ".. how about our day? You like that?"

Miss Roselyn was quiet, and I felt I had gone too far— she may have called it a 'date' but that wasn't what this was; this was an.. outing.

I was about to pull my hand away when Miss Roselyn's warm palm pressed against my skin— her hand really was small compared to mine.
She stroked my knuckles with her thumb; it was hard to keep my eyes on the road when her glossy lips were pursed together the way they would be when she got nervous. It was rare to see her nervous, so I could recognize it easily.

"I like that," Miss Roselyn mumbled— opening her phone with her freehand. ".. our day."

Her hand left mine as she placed her phone in the holder on the dashboard— Google Maps was on the screen.

"That's the address to my nail tech— we'll go there first, then get your studs, maybe something to eat." She explained.

I gave her thigh a squeeze. "Fine with me."

"You must love the fact I'm in a skirt, huh?" Miss Roselyn snickered.

"You're in skirts all the time," I commented. "just not skirts like these."

Miss Roselyn scoffed, "The 'easy access' skirts."

"Your words not mine." I hummed.

I followed the directions that came from Miss Roselyn's phone— turning right onto a street that would lead to the hotel I was staying at if the directions didn't tell me to turn left at the second to last turn.

I drove down the street until I found an empty spot to park in.
We could walk from there; the GPS said it was only two minutes away.

"I'll let you out." I told her and I gave her thigh one more squeeze before I unbuckled my seatbelt and got out of the car. I walked over the other side and pulled open the passenger side door— Miss Roselyn smiled at me.

I stuck out my hand for her to hold; Miss Roselyn held it as she stepped out onto the curb.
I reached over her and shut the door— glancing down at Miss Roselyn as she pecked on her phone. I guess she removed it from the holder once I got out.

I locked the car and stuffed her keys in the pocket of my blazer.
I stood up straight and looked down at Miss Roselyn— seeing her in somewhat casual clothing was always sight for sore eyes.

"Come on, hun." She mumbled— tugging at my sleeve.

I walked next to her— her fingers let go of my sleeve as quickly as she grabbed it. I scoffed, "I'm here don't worry."

She rolled her eyes, "I'm not worried about you."

"Should I be offended?" I chuckled.

"No," Miss Roselyn explained. ".. I just mean you're strong enough to handle yourself— I don't need to worry, Dominic."

Sunlight always did her skin favors— something about her earthy skin in that lighting always did me in.

"Do you worry about yourself?" I asked her.

Miss Roselyn shook her head, "I have you," She looked over at me and gave me that pouty smile. ".. why would I have to worry? You said it yourself."

"Good answer." I said.

"I didn't know I was being quized." She gasped playfully.

"You weren't," I muttered. "I know a good answer when I hear it."

"Oh? Well," Miss Roselyn stood closer to me— she whispered. ".. what would you do if I said the bad answer?"

We were in public— there were people walking past us in both directions. Entertaining this was stupid because I would take it to far— especially when she looked so goddamn pretty.

"What would I do or what would I do to you, Roselyn?"

Well I did skip school a lot.

"I think you know the answer to that." She hummed.

"I don't," I replied. "Say it for me."

Miss Roselyn pouted up at me, and I only raised a brow— hearing her tell me what she wanted was always attractive. She was a vocal woman, but she also got shy too.

She muttered under her breath, ".. To me."

"Hmm," I paused— noticing we had reached a nail shop. Miss Roselyn seemed to slow her steps so I knew that was the right one. "I think.." I began.

"You think..?" She repeated with a sense of curiousity.

I pushed open the door and held it open for her.

"I think," I nodded towards the inside of the shop. ".. it's time for you to get your nails done, ma." I murmured just loud enough for only Miss Roselyn to hear.

She didn't reply and only chewed on her bottom lip as she walked inside— the shop smelt of chemicals and shit like that.
I let the door close and stood by Miss Roselyn as she waved someone down— her eyes glancing from me here or there. I could hear murmurs from women— probably because someone like her was in such a small and local shop.

A young woman with short red hair rushed over to Miss Roselyn— she had a black nose and eyebrow piercing.
The woman smiled, "Roselyn it's great to see you again— how are you?"

"I'm doing good, Lani," Miss Roselyn replied— showing her hand to the woman. ".. the ones you have me lasted really long— I popped them off yesterday 'cause I knew I was comin' here."

"How considerate," Lani said sarcastically as she examined Miss Roselyn's bare nails. ".. take seat at my station, okay?"

I followed Miss Roselyn to a desk area with things I didn't understand.
I knew about nail polish and acrylics and filers and nail clippers and.. yeah that's really it.

I pulled out a chair from under the desk we stood by and she sat down.
"Thank you, sweetheart." Miss Roselyn sighed and she prepared to set her purse on the floor.

"I'll hold it for you, Miss Roselyn." I told her and she handed it to me— the murmurs increasing.

"I thought you came here often?" I questioned.

Miss Roselyn giggled, "I do— in my opinion Lani is the best in New York," She added. ".. but they're not talking about me, hun. They're talking about the tall, handsome man right next to me aka the only man in shop."

Oh.

I glanced around— there was only women here. Even the employees (which were only four inckuding Lani) were only women.

"Sit down, hun." Miss Roselyn hummed.

I took a seat in the chair next to her— setting her small purse in my lap.
Lani approached the desk on the otherside with more things I didn't understand and she sat in the single chair across from Miss Roselyn.

"You thinkin' long or short, Roselyn?" Lani asked.

"Medium— you know I can't do long 'cause my job." She explained.

"I thought you hated mediums?" Lani taunted.

"I miss long nails, so I'll have to compromise." She huffed.

Lani smiled, "Okay have you decided on a color for this set?"

Miss Roselyn pouted and pulled out her phone— she scrolled for a minute before she showed me a picture of some acrylic nails.
They were pink and glittery with a flower one nail— pretty is really all I could say on that.

[ROSELYN'S NAILS]

I liked those for her I'd bet they'd look nice when we would.. damn, I was getting ahead of myself for this being an simple outing.

"What color should I get, sweetheart?" Miss Roselyn asked me.

"I like them how they are," I then recalled the color her nails were on my first day— that color stood out on her. ".. but uh what is it— peach? Do that." I suggested.

Miss Roselyn set her phone down before she looked over at Lani.
"Use the 'peach' color I usually do then." She said.

Lani pulled out a little box of.. I gave up trying to understand what I was seeing. This was not my enviroment at all but I liked spending time with Miss Roselyn in a situation where she wasn't stressed about work or what's been happening recently. She deserved to enjoy herself and just sit there and be pretty.

"You look like a lost puppy, hun." Miss Roselyn commented with a soft smile.

"I feel like one," I admited. ".. it's our day for a reason though— enjoy this; I'm fine."

"And who's this, Roselyn? He paying for you?" Lani snickered as she held Miss Roselyn's right hand.

"That's Dominic 'nd he's my bodyguard so no." Miss Roselyn scoffed.

"He's your bodygaurd— that one," Lani looked me up and down. ".. it makes sense but I thought he was your man."

With that— the murmurs started to pick up again.

"Lani.." Miss Roselyn muttered.

"You've mentioned me?" I questioned.

"Only once—"

"— True," Lani hummed simply. ".. anyway he's tall and cute— I see where your mind is when you hire people. Almost everyone who works for you is a looker."

"I decide to go to you again 'cause your good 'nd quiet but now you want to be chatty." Miss Roselyn huffed.

"That's 'cause you've never brought anyone with you— especially a man."

"He's always with me, Lani— it's nothing special. Bodyguard, remember?"

"Well you might wanna start calling him your man," Lani leaned in and whispered to her. ".. he's already getting looks."

Miss Roselyn only ignored Lani and then offered, ".. If you keep your mouth closed I'll pay double."

Lani's ears perked up and she grinned, "Deal, Roselyn— we're practically shaking on it."

. . .

"Aren't they pretty, Dominic?"

I looked at Miss Roselyn's nails as they dried under some UV light or something. And I cared, but I really only wanted to see how she felt— by the looks of how her doe eyes glimmered at the sight of her new nails; she was happy.

That's all that mattered.

"Yeah they are, Miss Roselyn." I nodded— they actually were nice on her though.

"Lani, once these dry I'll cashapp you your original $150 with the bonus."

Wait.. those were $150 on their own.

They were nice, yeah, but I didn't think a set of nails were so damn expensive.

I said, "I can—"

"— Don't even start, hun," Miss Roselyn interjected. ".. you're not lettin' me pay for your studs, so you aren't payin for these— you're my employee too. This is a steal anyway— I know you won't get it, but Lani's prices are more than fair."

She did have a point because I didn't get it.

"Look at him trying to pay for his millionaire bosses nails— definitely just your bodyguard." Lani whistled as she gathered up her supplies.

"You're really testin' your luck with this bonus." Miss Roselyn muttered.

"Oh look at the time," She pressed the switch on the UV light and turned it off. ".. they should be dry now." Lani smiled slightly.

"You're insufferable, but you're also great, Lani," Miss Roselyn held out her hands quickly gave one of her nails a little tap with the tip of another. "Dry— I'll pay you 'nd we'll be on our way." She explained as she carely held her phone and went to go pay Lani.

"You got places to be?" Lani asked while she adjusted her tanktop.

"Done 'nd paid for," Miss Roselyn hummed— reaching for her purse. "and yes, Dominic here needs to get himself some studs."

"You own a jewelry company just hook him up." Lani commented as she checked her phone.

I handed Miss Roselyn her purse and pressed my lips together— it was fine Lani didn't get it; I don't even think Miss Roselyn understood why I didn't want free jewelry from her or, shit, just let her pay for mine.

I wanted to do something for myself; Simon landed me an interview, Simon got me my phone, he lended me the BMW, he paid for my bills at one point— Miss Roselyn hired me, Miss Roselyn bought me clothes, she treated me like a person, for gods sake, she paid me a hell of a lot every week.

Maybe it was just pride, I don't know, but a lot in my life had been given to me. And the one thing I truly earned I ended up throwing away in a fit of rage.

"Miss Roselyn already pays me," I explained. ".. that's enough for me."

"Everyone always says that— ill intent or not," Lani scoffed before a wide smile spread across her face. ".. nah you really sent $300.. you're a blessing, Roselyn— Thank you!"

"I try to be, Lani but you deserve it," She smiled as she stood up from her hair and I did as well— pushing both chairs back under the desk. ".. now you have a good day— Sweetheart, come."

She did it again— tugged at my sleeve but it was less her fingertips and more the pinch of her new set of nails.

Lani looked at us both and snickered, "Thank you! You have a good day too."

Miss Roselyn and I walked towards the exit; letting go of my sleeve— I pushed open the door for her and she walked with me out onto the sidewalk.

"There's a jewlery store nearby that's walking distance— would you like to look there first?" She asked me.

"That's fine, how far?"

Miss Roselyn let go of me and I said, "About a two minute walk up the street."

"Alright," I scoffed and began to walk down the street with Miss Roselyn. ".. this better not be a trick to sneak me into one of your stores."

She pouted, "I would never— you said no so it's no. But this store did has collaborated with Canopy of Crystal in the past, so I won't be offended if you wear their jewelry.. if it was a real rival company though."

"I would never." I said and I noticed what shoes she was wearing— a black pair of knee high heel boots.

"I doubt you even know my rivals, hun.." She teased.

"I don't zone out when I'm with you during meetings y'know.. I like listening to you even if I don't really understand it," I muttered. ".. and I had to some research on the woman I was going to have an interview with."

"But you didn't know how old I was— the most basic thing you could find." Miss Roselyn pointed out with a raised brow.

"Research meant Simon told me over the phone before he dropped the interview on me at the same time— but I've always known of you, I mean, who hasn't?" I elaborated.

"How long did you know about the interview?" She asked me curiously.

"He told me about it the day before." I told her.

"You're lying— actually no," We approached a jewelry store and I recognized the company, Yvonne Timeless, from one of Miss Roselyn's disscusion's during a board meeting. ".. it is Parker." She mumbled as I pulled open the door for her.

Miss Roselyn walked inside and then I followed behind— letting the door close.

"Good afternoon I'm Cassandra! Welcome to Yvonne Timeless— is there anything in particular you're looking for?" The cashier, Cassandra, asked from behind the counter of jewelry.

"Studs," I spoke up and walked towards the main jewelry counter. "I'm not worried about the jewel or anything."

Miss Roselyn stood next to me while  Cassandra nodded, "Alright! I'll bring out a few pairs." She unlocked the display counter and placed a couple different open boxes of stud earrings.

I looked over them. I liked them— they were a simple pair of small, clear diamond ones that caught my eye.
They reminded me of my first ever pair of studs but the frames for these were silver.

"Sweetheart c'mere.."

I looked over at Miss Roselyn— her eyes were wide as she smiled slightly while she looked down. I stood closer by her and leaned in— looking over her shoulder.

It was a pair of larger studs— a light green square cut pair with gold frames. Honestly I would've just chose the simple diamond ones because why the hell not— I had similar in the past and I liked them.
But green was noticable— it was that just wearing studs wasn't ever supposed to be a thing for me; I still felt that feeling I did when I was younger and put them in— wondering if he'd ever catch me out with them. And god, those were barely noticable.

"I think I found it," She carefully held up the pair and lined as best she could (with how short she was) with my eyes. ".. yeah— these are definitely your green." Miss Roselyn grinned and set the pair down before she waved down Cassandra.

"This pair Peridot right?" Miss Roselyn asked.

Cassandra nodded, "Yes ma'am they are! Square cut Peridot gems with 14k gold frames— the price is $215 without tax right now."

"Okay.. okay that's good," She said quietly to herself. "I'll call Yvonne 'nd see where she that found specific shade— ask her who suppiled it."

"I want to try them on— the green ones." I told Cassandra and Miss Roselyn looked over at me.

Cassandra smiled, "That's fine! You can try them on and look in that mirror right there, sir." She pointed towards the right and there was a mirror on the counter.

"Yeah, thank you." I said and Miss Roselyn handed me the small, open, white box. She walked with me towards the round mirror and I set the studs on the counter. I hadn't done this since I was nineteen— that felt weird to say.
I removed one earring and put it in along with the other— my ears were sort of numb now; I could easily forget these were in.

I looked into the mirror and Miss Roselyn was right— they really were the exact same shade of green as my eyes.

The fact they were noticable made me like them more— when Miss Roselyn simply asked me 'Whose stopping you?' when me wearing earrings in the past got brought up it shouldn't have made me feel the way I felt.
I thought I was over the situation to some extent, but the fact I never consider wearing studs again made me a bit mad at myself.
It's been years and he still subconsiously affects my head— it was pathetic.

"Do you like them, hun?" Miss Roselyn asked curiously from my side.

"I do— a lot." I hummed as I turned to look at her.

Miss Roselyn looked up at me through her long lashes— she was staring at me with those doe eyes. Her gaze traveled from my face as a whole ears to my ears, eyes, and down to my lips. When she wanted to kiss her bottom lip would pout slightly— I don't even think she knew it herself but I've come to notice it.
I can't say I didn't want to kiss her either— besides the cashier we were the only ones in the store at that moment.

"You," She swiped her tongue over her bottom lip. ".. you look good, Dominic— they suit you."

Now I definitely liked them even more.

"Cassandra, I'll take these." I told her— walking back towards the check out with the box and preparing to remove them.

"Would you like to keep them in, sir? I can just ring up the box for you." She smiled.

"Oh yeah alright." I said— sliding her the box. She swiftly rang it up while Miss Roselyn stood by my side.

"That'll be $218.45 including tax, sir. Cash or card?"

I went to the ATM yesterday just for this purpose.

"Cash," I sighed as I pulled out my wallet and slid Cassandra two hundreds and a twenty. ".. you can keep the change."

Cassandra checked the hundreds before she nodded, "Thank you, sir," She placed the money in the register. ".. would you like your receipt and for me to bag it?"

"It's fine and I have pockets," I took the empty box and closed it before I put in one of my blazer pockets. "Thank you too— have a good day."

"You too, sir! And thank you as well for visiting, Miss Sawyer!" Cassandra thanked shyly.

"Of course." Miss Roselyn smiled and I looked at over her.

"Let's get outta here." I say and she nodded slightly— joining my side as we approached the exit side of the doors. I pushed it open for Miss Roselyn and she stepped out inti the sun once again. Pretty.

"We should grab a bite a to eat, hun— let's go to the 'work baby'." Miss Roselyn suggested.

"Yeah, Miss Roselyn, that's sounds great." I agreed— her eyes darting at me here and there as we made our way down the sidewalk to where I had parked.

"Do you have something in mind to eat?" I asked her.

"Uhm I haven't been to Berries N Blues in a while— let's eat there if that's okay with you?" Miss Roselyn hummed.

"I don't care— they had pretty good food," Miss Roselyn paused and stood slightly closer to me. ".. this feels nice with everything that's been going on— being out again is something." She mumbled.

"Tell me about it." I scoffed.

Miss Roselyn muttered, "Oh right.. that wasn't very considerate—"

"— I don't mind it.. really." I reassured her.

"You don't mind a lot, do you?" She grinned.

"When it's you not much." I replied simply.

We passed by the nail shop— coming up to an decently large alleyway that led to a neighborhood.

"Do you remember Stefano Basilio?"

The voice was rough, somewhat close but distant, there was a roboticness to it. I thought it was a weird homeless man, druggie, or creep— easily people to ingore and walk past.

But Miss Roselyn stopped— her eyes were wide as she stood still and looked around before her eyes landed on me who stopped because of her.
Her entire expression showed something I had never truly seen on Miss Roselyn's face— horror.

"I'm.. sorry, Dominic," She spoke softly and quietly— that split second of horror was gone in an instant. ".. did you hear that too?"

I nodded, "I did but—"

The moment I said those words Miss Roselyn rushed past me— her heeled boots didn't slow her down as she made her way to the alley.

"Miss Roselyn, what're you—"

I jogged towards her with furrowed brows and a tilt to my head. I caught up with her easily but I knew by her face the only way I could get her back on the sidewalk is if I tossed her over my shoulder.

"Roselyn..?"

3,850 words.

Long ass chapter.

Sorry about the long wait but if you check my storyboard you'll understand why.

If chapter thirty-nine isn't uploaded by this weekend (next week will be busy again for me) honestly expect another late chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145K 4.6K 44
β˜† FEATURED in Wattpad's official New Adult account under 'There's Only One Bed | Romance' *** Vivian Rose St...
29.5K 1.4K 91
[COMPLETELY EDITED AND FINISHED.] This book is a sequel to Assassin Love and cannot be read as a stand alone. READ ASSASSIN LOVE FIRST OTHERWISE YOU...
33.6K 918 18
|Highest Ranking #14 (#eric)| Jade Hernandez, a smart girl who just finished her training as a bodyguard, is ready to protect her first client. Eric...
38.7K 2.9K 55
She was never scared of heights. Avery Woodsen has spent years clawing her way up the political ladder. She's fought and sacrificed to get where she...